╌>

Halloween scary movies!

Category:  Scattershooting,Ramblings & Life

Via:  kathleen  •  7 years ago  •  131 comments

Halloween scary movies!

Okay....... Let's hear what scary movie that gives you the chills...

For me it's The Changeling, with George C Scott.

What is yours?

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    7 years ago

Oddly 'scary movies' don't scare me any more. I guess growing up on stupid slasher flicks desensitized me.

Though when I was a young kid the move that scared the crap out of me was the old black and white Frankenstein.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago

For me it's The Changeling, with George C Scott.

That movie STILL gives me the creeps.

I'll also add:

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2  pat wilson  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    7 years ago

Ghost Story was a good one !

PJ
Masters Quiet
4  PJ    7 years ago

Burnt Offerings - When I stumbled across this movie it had been out for at least 10 years (I was too young to watch or know about it when it was originally released).  To this day it still scares the living day lights out of me.  

On a lighter note - when my boys were very young I ran across the animated movie The Halloween Tree and it became a tradition for us to watch every Halloween.  I loved and miss those times.  I actually watched it by myself the other night.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5  pat wilson    7 years ago

Psycho

Rosemary's Baby

Poltergeist

The Shining

Silence of the Lambs

Carrie

IT

The Others

The Sixth Sense

Sorry, I got a little carried away.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  pat wilson @5    7 years ago
The Sixth Sense

I don't know about The Sixth Sense.  I don't think that was remotely scary.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  pat wilson @5    7 years ago

Silence of the Lambs

I can't watch that one alone at night.  Just can't.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

There are 3 articles on the topic of Classic Halloween Movies posted on the Classic Cinema group.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7  Galen Marvin Ross    7 years ago

Psycho

Poltergeist

The Exorcist (the original)

All the others just make me laugh.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    7 years ago

The Haunting (1963 version)

Suspiria - 1977

As a kid all the old black and white "monster" movies scared the heck out of me.

Halloween

Carrie

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
10  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Two Words....

DARK SHADOWS

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
10.1  Uptownchick  replied to  Nowhere Man @10    7 years ago

The series or the movie?  I loved the series!  Would race home from school to watch it and wanted to change my name to Angelique.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
10.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Uptownchick @10.1    7 years ago

Yeah, that scared the crap out of me as a kid, couldn't wait to get home and see it....but at night, the long walk down the hallway.....I knew....Barnabas.........was.....waiting....for....me.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
10.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Uptownchick @10.1    7 years ago

Either Uppy, that was the needing eyes in the back of my head series when I was young....

The movie was good, but the series was much better (or worse depending on which side your spirit was on)

And Barnabas could only get ya if you wanted to be got....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
10.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Nowhere Man @10    7 years ago

The original, the movies weren't that good.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
11  Bluestride    7 years ago
Never was a fan of scary movies but, as a child, the original Alien movie scared the crap out of me for months. Jaws too and I lived in the midwest then, lol.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.2  Sparty On  replied to  Bluestride @11    7 years ago

I still have marks in my arm where my GF clawed me when the Alien popped out for the first time.

Great movie.   I liked Alien 2 better but only because it had space Marines.

winking

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
11.2.1  Bluestride  replied to  Sparty On @11.2    7 years ago
Yes, Aliens was better for the reasons you mentioned. Also there were so many good quotes from the movie characters, particularly Hudson, Hicks, Vasquez, Ripley and Newt.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @11.2.2    7 years ago

LOL ..... "Game over man!"  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @11.2.4    7 years ago

"Maybe we can build a fire, sing a few songs."

That about does it for my memory of those.   Funny thing is some of things you heard Sgt Apone say were regular vocabulary in the USMC.   His dialogue was very accurate.   They must have had a good Marine advisor on set that they listened to.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
11.2.6  Bluestride  replied to  Bluestride @11.2.1    7 years ago
All express elevator ride to hell, GOING DOWN! Is this going to be another bug hunt? You know Burke, I do not know who is worse, you do not see them screwing each other over for a precentage.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @11.2.9    7 years ago

On both sides really.    The mother alien ripped off her who-ha to retaliate for her "kids"

"get away from her you bitch!"

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
12  Uptownchick    7 years ago

Not a big fan of scary movies...might be because when I was about 12 or so my mother's friend took me to see The Exorcist (original).  My mother was none too happy about that especially since I ended up sleeping in her bed for at least the next week!  My bed would not stop shaking...I swear!! 

When my son was quite young dad decided to watch The Fly with him...poor kid had nightmares for years! close call

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
12.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uptownchick @12    7 years ago
My mother was none too happy about that especially since I ended up sleeping in her bed for at least the next week!

Me too!  Except...I was 17, and slept in between my parents.  I did not have permission to see the movie, so the last thing I wanted to do was go running into their room and leap right into the middle of them.  I held out as long as I could, which was about 15 minutes.  Certain I was being chased, I ran as fast as I could...right smack into their closed bedroom door, face first.  Yeah.  It hurt.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @12.2    7 years ago

Snort!

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
12.2.3  Uptownchick  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.2    7 years ago

Sister always makes snort-worthy comments! chuckle

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
12.2.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uptownchick @12.2.3    7 years ago
Sister always makes snort-worthy comments!

♥♥♥

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
13  Sunshine    7 years ago

it isn't a Halloween movie but Jurassic Park scared me.

that is about all I can handle.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
17  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago
"Lord of the Flies" as an all female version which seems redundant as there is already a show called "The View".

I was thinking the same thing. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
19  Dowser    7 years ago

The one that REALLY did me in was Psycho.  I never ever go into a hotel room that I don't check the bathroom, first, pull the shower curtain back, and make sure the tub is clear...  EVER!  Other really scary movies were The Eyes of Laura Mars, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Alien, Exorcist, and that movie with Gregory Peck and Lee Remick about Damien...  I don't watch slasher movies as I have nightmares...  Another biggie, for me, was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, especially as the next morning, after seeing that movie, our neighbor had her front tree cut down and cut up.  So, I awoke to the RRRRrrrr of a chainsaw.  Freaked me out, good!