╌>

Sheriff seeks animal cruelty charges against veterinarian who killed cat with bow, arrow

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  11 comments

Sheriff seeks animal cruelty charges against veterinarian who killed cat with bow, arrow

Sheriff seeks animal cruelty charges against veterinarian who killed cat with bow, arrow,arrow

A Texas animal rescue group believes the cat killed by Kristen Lindsey was not feral, but rather a family pet named Tiger. A Texas animal rescue group believes the cat killed by Kristen Lindsey was not feral, but rather a family pet named Tiger. Facebook

Warning..Graphic photo at bottom of page...

The Austin County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday that investigators are recommending that animal cruelty charges be filed against a Texas veterinarian who killed a cat with a bow and arrow and then bragged about it online.

The department made the announcment with this post on Facebook.

Kristen Lindsey, who posted the photo on Facebook last week had already lost her job and become the subject of a campaign demanding justice for the feline who may have been a family pet.

Animal care professionals widely criticized her and on Monday the American Veterinary Medical Association said that the Texas State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners has opened an investigation into the incident.

Scroll down for the graphic photo.

In the offending picture, Lindsey, who worked for the Washington Animal Clinic in Brenham, is holding up the tabby by the arrow that pierced its head, under a caption that read, My first bow kill lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head! Vet of the year award gladly accepted." She had a big smile on her face.

It appears the car was shot through the face as it was looking at her.

The outrage was immediate and swift. According to KBXT TV , when angry comments starting showing up on the post from people saying she should lose her job you know, caring for animals - she wrote, No I did not lose my job. Lol. Push. Like someone would get rid of me. Im awesome!

The station posted that report at 11:11 a.m. Forty-nine minutes later came word she was out of a job. Apparently, her employer did not share her belief in her awesomeness.

The Austin County Sheriffs Department reported on Facebook that their dispatchers were being snowed under" by calls and pleaded with the public to take it easy on them.

In four subsequent posts, the department went on to say that an animal cruelty investigation was underway and that a "number of deputies had been assigned to the case.

The Texas Veterinary Medical Association condemned the cat killing. The Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State, where Lindsey earned her degree, called the incident deeply disturbing and grotesque.

In the meantime, a Facebook page called Justice for Cat Murdered by Kristen Lindsey, popped up, which so far, has more than 41,000 likes.

Comments were so vitriolic that the administrator pleaded with posters to remain civil and refrain from posts that imply harm or death to anyone."

photo

The comments, some of which came from out of the country, went something like this.

Jennifer Rodgersgotz : "I am so glad that she was fired, but that is not enough. She needs to see the inside of a prison cell."

Terry Bowen : "She needs to never work with animals again, should have her license to practice medicine revoked, and should be charged with a crime."

Jaguar Julie Anne Tucker : "I am so upset about this. This woman is a disgrace to the profession and to mankind!"

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/20/veterinarian-photo-kills-cat-bow-arrow-outrage/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

This is just so disturbing on every level!!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

I have seen this before an I think the women should never get her license to practice at all.

Nona62
Professor Silent

People that do these things are just SICK!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Now she should be sued.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

I hope that smirk has finally been wiped off of her face. With a brick.

Nona62
Professor Silent

That would just be a slap on the wrist...IMO

Nona62
Professor Silent

With a brick If not, I would be happy to do so!!

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    9 years ago

What a disgusting display of the human species. Bet her family and friends are soooooooo proud.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    9 years ago

Here is what troubles me. Beyond the horror of this woman getting such pleasure out of killing a cat... and animal that she took an oath to protect... people who are sick like this, start with animals and go to humans. She is a very sick individual and beyond being criminal in her actions, needs mental health help.

Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty
Freshman Silent
link   Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty    9 years ago

As much as I love cats, and I do love the critters, I think you are all overreacting. Yes, it is disturbing that she would kill a cat and brag about it online, but she purportedly thought it was a feral tomcat, and the problem with feral tom's is they create lots of offspring.

I do not think that she should be defined forever by one extremely unfortunate event. I don't know enough about the situation surrounding her to comment on the state of her mental health, and the whole thing just seems to me like a made for facebook scandal, where everyone can pile on and heap their indignation on the girl. And she is that, just a girl. Hopefully she will learn from this. There has to be some connection to animals in her, she is a vet, vet school is not cheap, so just back off until we know more. I am sure that you would appreciate the same consideration if you had made a poor choice.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    9 years ago

Was it just one shot? If so, where is the cruelty?