╌>

UN peacekeeping troops in Chicago might solve deadly violence in black community, official says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  capt-cave-man  •  7 years ago  •  24 comments

UN peacekeeping troops in Chicago might solve deadly violence in black community, official says

Cook County Commissioner Richard Boykin on Thursday was traveling to New York to meet with U.N. Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Support Oscar Fernandez-Taranco of Argentina.

“I’m hoping to appeal to the U.N. to actually come to Chicago and meet with victims of violence, and maybe even possibly help out in terms of peacekeeping efforts, because I think it’s so critical for us to make sure that these neighborhoods are safe,” Boykin told the station at O’Hare International Airport.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  Capt. Cave Man    7 years ago

Democrats want foreign troops to police America... How typical..

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1  Willjay9  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1    7 years ago

Question, when was the last time a Republican politician came to Chicago and spoke to the victims or their families of these shootings? What logical solutions have any other Republican politician given to order to help out with the problem in Chicago?

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.1.1  seeder  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1    7 years ago
Question, when was the last time a Republican politician came to Chicago and spoke to the victims or their families of these shootings?

Chicago is owned by Democrats, but there is hope!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1    7 years ago
Question, when was the last time a Republican politician came to Chicago and spoke to the victims or their families of these shootings?

Being Chicago is a Democrat run city... Question, when was the last time a Democrat politician did anything to do anything about these shootings?  

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.3  Willjay9  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.1.1    7 years ago

What does that got to do with Republican politicians coming to town to discuss solutions on how to solve these problems? So you're saying all Republicans are banned from coming to Chicago?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.4  Willjay9  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.2    7 years ago
Being Chicago is a Democrat run city...

And?!....So are you saying because Republicans aren't in control, they cant come to Chicago to talk to victims or help in discussions about solving this problem? So it's basically fuck em if we aint in charge then huh?

Question, when was the last time a Democrat politician did anything to do anything about these shootings?  

I'll answer that as soon as you answer my question, because you cant even list the Governor of Illinois, A Republican, who actually came and spoke to the victims or spoke to the community regarding the violence going on.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.1.5  seeder  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1.4    7 years ago
And?!....So are you saying because Republicans aren't in control, they cant come to Chicago to talk to victims or help in discussions about solving this problem?

Yup, that's pretty much the way it is.  You no doubt have seen what happens to Conservatives who have tried to speak at liberal places, right?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1.4    7 years ago
So are you saying because Republicans aren't in control

I'm SAYING that the Democrats have FAILED to do anything and your attempt to make this a Republican thing falls flat.  You not answering the question is proof enough of that.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.8  Willjay9  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.7    7 years ago
I'm SAYING that the Democrats have FAILED to do anything and your attempt to make this a Republican thing falls flat.

What I'm saying is you all are criticizing this Democrat for being trying to find a solution to this violence, when Republicans have done nothing but bitch and moan, the only time Chicago comes up in a Republican's mind is when someone talks about gun control or when an unarmed black man is shot by police, nothing else! Point blank Chicago is not a Republican or Democrat thing, it's a American thing and if the only thing Republicans can do is bitch and moan without providing solutions regardless of if it's their problem or if they were in charge then they need to shut the fuck up about Chicago or about anyone that is trying to find a solution!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1.8    7 years ago

...talks about gun control or when an unarmed black man is shot by police, nothing else

has nothing to do with the leadership failure I'm talking about.  

Point blank Chicago is not a Republican or Democrat thing, it's a American thing and if the only thing Republicans can do is bitch and moan without providing solutions regardless of if it's their problem or if they were in charge then they need to shut the fuck up about Chicago or about anyone that is trying to find a solution!

You seem to be changing gears pretty quickly here.  First it's a Republican thing, now an "American" thing.  Place the blame where it needs to be placed.  

1. It is a failure on the Democrats who have let the problem get to this level.
  2. It is a failure of the people of the city for not doing much except wait on somebody else to come to the rescue.

It is a PEOPLE PROBLEM not a gun problem.  As I stated before, a gun needs a person to manipulate it in order for it to work.  You aren't going to fix a damn thing going after the gun.  You have to fix the people.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1.8    7 years ago

the chances of the UN going into Chicago are "slim has left the building" .  I think there has been once or twice in the past 50 years when Chicago has led the nation in murder rate, if even that many. There are many other cities that are candidates for such intervention, were it to happen. 

"Conservatives" obsess about Chicago because it is Obama's home town. 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.13  Willjay9  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.10    7 years ago
has nothing to do with the leadership failure I'm talking about.  

And that's the problem.......the entire seed was about bad mouthing a Democratic politician that was trying to find solutions to this problem and the only damn thing I've heard from you all is Democrat this Democrat that! Well where are Republican solutions? What have Republicans been doing or suggesting to remedy this problem?

You seem to be changing gears pretty quickly here. First it's a Republican thing, now an "American" thing. 

Where did I claim it was a Republican thing?! Last time I checked Republicans reside and hold political positions in Chicago just like Democrats. No, what I said was if Republicans cant help with the solution, then shut the fuck up about Chicago or anyone else that is actually trying to make a difference. Instead of being part of the solutions, people like you prefer to be like the 2 men sitting in the balcony on the Muppets Show

Place the blame where it needs to be placed. 

And that's the problem......you and you ilk want to revel in who is to blame, pointing fingers, and lambasting people who are trying to help fix this problem, but actually have absolutely no inclination or thought on how to help, why? Because you all are not in charge so it's not your problem right?

It is a PEOPLE PROBLEM not a gun problem.  As I stated before, a gun needs a person to manipulate it in order for it to work.  You aren't going to fix a damn thing going after the gun.  You have to fix the people.  

What the fuck are you talking about?! Now who is switching gears? When did guns come into the conversation?! No one is talking about guns, this politician is not talking about going after the guns.....but thanks for showing everyone you could give less than a damn about Chicago unless it's trying to further your agenda!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.14  Willjay9  replied to    7 years ago

The Democrats OWN this shit in Chicago,let them fix it and personally I hope the Trump Administrations bans the United Nations from going to Chicago.  In fact, they should pull the United States out of the UN and evict them from American Soil.

Let Chicago burn to the ground and let Rahm Emmanuel own that shit.

Fine, I'll accept that, but since you feel like that then shut the fuck up about Chicago or about any Democrat that is trying to help the situation that is going down in Chicago, Chicago should never fly out of your lips regarding ANYTHING....because if Chicago burns to the ground like you claim you want it to, you and Republicans are just as much to blame because instead of trying to help you bitch and moan.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.15  Willjay9  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.1.5    7 years ago

Liberal places? Fuck liberal places, have they even been to Chicago? Have they spoken to the victims? You don't have to make a speech to show that you are concerned!........just more excuses.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.16  Willjay9  replied to    7 years ago

And what have Republicans done to help out? What solutions have Republicans came up with as a way to help any of those cities?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1.13    7 years ago
e entire seed was about bad mouthing a Democratic politician that was trying to find solutions to this problem and the only damn thing I've heard from you all is Democrat this Democrat that!

Ever think because it's Democrat problem?  Look, I get it.  It's easier to blame somebody else.  Like in this case, blaming Republicans for not stepping in to fix a Democrat problem.  Sorry, but I don't have the time or the crayons needed to explain it to you any farther.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.11    7 years ago
"Conservatives" obsess about Chicago because it is Obama's home town."

Of course - that's the code word for repukes - Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!  In a gun control town hall type meeting with President Obama - the first person said - 'the violence in Chicago - your home town President Obama.'  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2  Sunshine    7 years ago

the answers is to bring in guns to a gun free zone.  who would a thought of that. stunned

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

This can't be anything but a joke. The UN peacekeeping force can't stop anything, and probably isn't even capable of observing. Just ask General Romeo Dallaire what a great job they did in Rwanda. The Liechtenstein Navy would do a better job.

See the source image

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4  The Magic 8 Ball    7 years ago

first problem... the UN can not go to Chicago without trump approval... not happening.

second problem... who is going to keep the UN safe? 

our constitution allows us to shoot any foreign troops on our soil that are here without our blessing