╌>

Wow, RWer's just can't accept they lost in Alabama

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  galen-marvin-ross  •  7 years ago  •  44 comments

Wow, RWer's just can't accept they lost in Alabama

Q: Did voters in Alabama’s special Senate election get “caught voting multiple times with fake IDs”?
A: No. The Alabama Secretary of State’s office has received no such report.

FULL ANSWER

Alabama elected its first Democratic U.S. senator in 25 years on Dec. 12 in a narrow victory over a Republican candidate who had been beset by allegations of sexual misconduct.

The next day, a popular story on Facebook claimed that 60,000 votes cast in a heavily Democratic area might be invalid. The story was flagged by Facebook users as potentially false. It is.

Jefferson County, which includes the city of Birmingham, voted overwhelmingly in favor of Democrat Doug Jones. Of the 219,541 people who voted in the county, 68 percent voted for Jones and 30 percent voted for Republican Roy Moore, according to the unofficial numbers from the secretary of state.

The Alabama Secretary of State’s office hasn’t received reports of voter fraud of any significant scale, said Communications Director John Bennett, and it has heard of nothing that would sway the outcome of the election.

The Alabama Secretary of State’s office hasn’t received reports of voter fraud of any significant scale, said Communications Director John Bennett, and it has heard of nothing that would sway the outcome of the election.

The false story began by claiming: “The FEC has announced that it may have to recommend invalidating more than 60K votes from the Birmingham area to the Alabama Secretary of State.”

But the Federal Election Commission enforces federal campaign finance law; it does not have jurisdiction over voting irregularities in statewide elections. The Alabama Secretary of State’s office does oversee elections in Alabama, but it has received no reports of widespread voter fraud in Birmingham, Bennett told us.

The made-up story later uses a quote it claims was posted on the conservative news site Breitbart, but the quote didn’t actually appear on that site. And the link provided goes to a picture of donkey poop.

The story originated on a website called Reagan Was Right, which describes itself as satirical and includes a disclaimer that says: “Everything on this website is fiction.”

But the story was picked up and posted by severalothersites that have no such disclaimer.
Editor’s note: FactCheck.org is one of several organizations working with Facebook to help identify and label viral fake news stories flagged by readers on the social media network.

Sources

“Doug Jones elected Alabama Senator; Roy Moore won’t concede: What we know today.” AL.com. 13 Dec 2017.
McCrummen, Stephanie and Reinhard, Beth. “Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32.” Washington Post. 9 Nov 2017.
“BREAKING: Black People In Birmingham Caught Voting Multiple Times With Fake IDs.” Reagan Was Right. 13 Dec 2017.
Bennett, John. Communications director, Alabama Secretary of State. Interview with FactCheck.org. 13 Dec 2017.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fake-report-of-voter-fraud-in-alabama/ar-BBGKkHU?ocid=spartandhp

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    7 years ago

Get over it guys, you lost in Alabama, Virginia and, North Carolina.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    7 years ago
Get over it guys, you lost in Alabama, Virginia and, North Carolina.

What was lost again ?

From what I've seen so far.....TRUMP is still President....and still doing things in DC.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @1.1    7 years ago

You need to catch up, chuckle . The problem the Right has right now isn't so much here in the main land but, in places like Puerto Rico, citizens of that small island territory of the United States just got told by the Congress that they are basically on their own, after two hurricanes decimated the island and, the U.S. has been slow or, negligent in sending them help so, what does that mean for Republicans? The island of Puerto Rico is small but, it has strong roots in its people, those people have a strong voter base in 16 states and, yes, they can vote in the U.S. elections legally, they have been advised by the governor of Puerto Rico NOT to vote for any Republicans in 2018 or, any future elections. Now, I know that it seems like a nothing right now but, consider this, if they don't vote for Republicans in those 16 states, which includes Florida, one of the states with a very high Electoral College what effect do you think that will have on 2020?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.4  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.2    7 years ago

You didn't read the whole post, I said IN 16 STATES, does that sound like I'm talking about voting IN Puerto Rico?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    7 years ago

Did I mention the mayor???? No, I said the GOVERNOR of Puerto Rico, you know, the guy who was on Trumps side until recently.

Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló has a message for Washington.
Prior to the Republican tax bill passage, the governor told Politico that the legislation would falter Puerto Rico’s already ailing economy as residents are still dealing with a crippling infrastructure and lack of power and water three months after Hurricane Maria. As a result, he’s intent on mobilizing 5.3 million Puerto Ricans living in mainland U.S. to change the political landscape durinRosselló also pointed out that Washington’s policy decision-making “go in the opposite direction of where they should go,” especially after the damaging effects of Hurricane Maria. “We are a significant voting bloc in the United States that perhaps hasn’t been organized very well in the past,” he told Politico. “The diaspora, the Puerto Rican exodus has always wanted to help Puerto Rico, it hasn’t been crystal clear how they can do it. If we can establish that organization we have plenty of influence.”
The new plan—which President Donald Trump touted as the largest tax cut in the history of our country—struck down tax and manufacturing rules that allowed Puerto Rico to have both foreign and domestic status, Politico reported. The island became a tax haven for drug and medical device creators who could incorporate in the territory as foreign subsidiaries but tag their products as if they were made within the continental U.S. Under the new legislation, business in Puerto Rico will be treated the same as those operating outside of the United States, meaning that they will see their taxes increase at 12.5 percent on intellectual property.g the midterm elections next year.

Time to catch up.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
1.1.6  Iamak47  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.1    7 years ago

So, you start with Alabama, add North Carolina and Virginia........then add Puerto Rico.  Keep throwing........Something will stick eventually!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.7  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Iamak47 @1.1.6    7 years ago

Sure, keep thinking that, see what it gets ya Nov. 2018.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
1.1.8  Iamak47  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.7    7 years ago

Ok.

When you settle on a topic for this discussion, let me know. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  sixpick  replied to  Iamak47 @1.1.6    7 years ago

The Democrats will be running on raising taxes and lowering GDP back to what Obama said was going to be the norm in 2018 and 2020. LOL!!!

I mean what else do they have?  They replaced  Democrat Governors with a Democrat Governors in Virginia and New Jersey.  Sounds more  like those wins could be compared to a tourniquet instead of a victory.  I guess Moore's loss was the only real gain they had.  They still have over one thousand or more political positions to win just get back where they were before Obama became President.  By the way, Trump didn't win Puerto Rico, Virginia or New Jersey.  Puerto Rico favored Clinton at 70% even though they can't participate in electing a President on the island, why do you think they have left it to all its corruptness and financial as well as infrastructure disaster long before any hurricanes?

Puerto Rico was a disaster long before Maria ravaged the island

Link

I know the Left are searching under every rock to find something they can go with, but repairing Puerto Rica isn't the solution, starting from scratch is the solution and it takes time to do that. 

Puerto Rico's debt-plagued power grid was on life support long before hurricanes wiped it out

Link

The people will love the Republicans by the time this is over!!!!

By the way, I don't recall anyone crying about Moore losing the election from anyone on this site, do you?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.1    7 years ago
You need to catch up

Liberals need to "Catch up" as you say. They've been losing for 7 years or so now.

In case you need a reminder on when it started....2010, 2010, 2010, 2010 ! Haza !  

Wasn't Obama, Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi and Reid in charge back then ?

Reids gone !

Hillary is Gone !

Obama is Gone !

How is Chucky and Nancy going to make it better for Liberals again ?

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
1.1.11  Iamak47  replied to  sixpick @1.1.9    7 years ago
I guess Moore's loss was the only real gain they had.

The absolute best thing for Dems would be to embrace Doug Jones victory as a path to relevance once again.  But we all know that will never happen, the far left has way too much contempt for southern Democrats.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    7 years ago

I'm over it!  The way the cookie crumbles and the mop flops!

The seat will go back to a Republican......no problem!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.1  devangelical  replied to  magnoliaave @1.2    7 years ago

Still plenty of time to find another prominent teavangelical child molester to run.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.3  magnoliaave  replied to  devangelical @1.2.1    7 years ago

Well, I gotta hand it to the liberals with their assassination .....should be a movie!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.4  devangelical  replied to    7 years ago

I find it telling you made that comment.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  magnoliaave @1.2.3    7 years ago

Liberals didn't force Roy Moore to coerce a 14 year old into a hand job.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.2.6    7 years ago

Well there's certainly no Commandment against it ... but how would I know?  My name is Hal A. Lujah, not glory gloryhole hallelujah.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2  arkpdx    7 years ago
Wow, RWer's Just Can't Accept They Lost In Alabama

That is real funny coming from people that still can't accept their candidate lost the presidential election over a year ago. Not only haven't the liberals accepted the liss they are still making excuses as to why their shitty candidate lost. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  arkpdx @2    7 years ago

No, I accepted the defeat, I even predicted it when they were all still in the primary's. What I Don't accept is what is happening now as a result of the election and, if you do, you need to move to Russia.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1    7 years ago
I even predicted it when they were all still in the primary's.

That makes two of you.    You and Mikey Moore ....

What I Don't accept is what is happening now as a result of the election and, if you do, you need to move to Russia.

I'm still waiting for all the liberals who promised to move out of the USA when Bush was elected the first time in 2000 to move out but alas they lied.   Some of them even doubled down and promised to move out again in 2016 if Trump won.   But alas they lied again.

Some liberals have a really bad habit of lying.   Who knew?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    7 years ago

Absolutely shocking to them that a teavangelical child molester lost to a democrat.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.1  Willjay9  replied to  devangelical @5    7 years ago

I know right!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  devangelical @5    7 years ago

And, even now they can't accept that the support for Republicans and, Trump is disappearing faster than ice on a summer day.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2    7 years ago

I know that you care what happens to us, but good news.

The state has provided a safe zone for us with all expenses paid funded by the DNC.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago
Wow, RWer's Just Can't Accept They Lost In Alabama

They can't handle it so bad they are rioting.

skk7cj6KJqLVvC3FYPEo1qFyuw7aGaq7Lj0cuniZxxY.jpg?w=216&s=d2f4babf57f1f24557dc848638989f46

Oh wait.  They can handle reality unlike LW Moonbats.

Image result for post trump election riots

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    7 years ago

No protesting and no rioting.  That's for the light weights.  They don't know how business is conducted, so they take to the streets like idiots.  It's their entertainment, don't you know? 

Hey, I hear there's a protest happening Fri night.   How come?  I don't know.  Well, I am going!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1    7 years ago
Hey, I hear there's a protest happening Fri night.   How come?  I don't know.

I don't think they know.  CNN and NBC haven't told them yet.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.1    7 years ago

It's the in thing these days and sooooooooooo PC! 

And, what truly amazes me is the time it takes these idiots to travel to the location and the time spent there.  Don't they have any jobs? 

Oh, I know, they are either on welfare or on unemployment.  None of them appear to be independently wealthy!  Maybe, student loans which they have no intention of paying back.