╌>

Foregrounds and Backgrounds that Began as Separate Images … Which I Combine as One

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  a-macarthur  •  6 years ago  •  5 comments

Foregrounds and Backgrounds that Began as Separate Images … Which I Combine as One

I always experiment with my images … sometimes I am pleased with the results … and many head for the trash can … in a competitive field, and particularly in the era of digital … I try to get an edge by starting with subjects having broad appeal … then generating a "fresh" look.

canadagooseinflightdigitalartagurmankin.jpg

Canada Goose Foreground, Fall Foliage Background

© A. Mac/A.G.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

I am always interested in critiques … positive or negative … feel free to post any.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Anyone around?

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    6 years ago

I've done focus blending, but I haven't done much stuff where the images were two different images. I do have an idea to put a starry sky over a brightly lit bridge that could not possibly be done in reality to see how it looks. I might even throw a full moon into the image.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     6 years ago

That is really beautiful Mac. 

I still an total amateur with a camera, but I sure enjoy your and our other photographers work. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I agree with you that the results vary, some work well and some don't, but I think that what you have been posting is more successful than not.  I don't have the facility to do it myself.