╌>

So, Spring is in the Air (well, sometimes), What Activities will you start or Pick Back Up?

Category:  Other

By:  spikegary  •  6 years ago  •  40 comments

So, Spring is in the Air (well, sometimes), What Activities will you start or Pick Back Up?

Mother Nature seems to be off her meds this year.  We have a forecast for possible snow today, though it was pouring rain yesterday and near 50 degrees a couple days.  Right about now, I start really thinkng abot my Spring/summer/fall toys and start jonesing to get them out and play.

So, tell us, what is it you like to do come springtime or what new activities you will take up this year.  If you want to explain whym, feel free!

I will be on the road quite a bit this weekend, though I shouldn't have to tell you, I will anyway, be nice, play like adults.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2  author  Spikegary    6 years ago

Rainy.jpg

I need to take my Rainy out on walks more often, she seems to love the leash and going with Daddy.....

RX7.jpg

Toy 1 Needs to come out of the barn after it's Winter Nap

Having some issues bringing up the other toys.......plus I need to go to ther Lake House and open that up......

20170814_142219_resized.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @2    6 years ago

Nice lake house

Randy
Sophomore Participates
2.3  Randy  replied to  Spikegary @2    6 years ago
Toy 1 Needs to come out of the barn after it's Winter Nap

I remember that tradition when I lived in Michigan, where they used salt on the roads in the winter and it would eat a car alive with rust after just 4 winters or so. So if you had a car that you were especially proud of and had spent a nice chuck of money on, it always went into the barn or inside of the garage and never driven again until spring. Then you would buy a cheap "winter beater" car or 4X that might make it through one or two winters if you worked on it a few times that you could care less if it rusted more to drive until spring.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.3.1  author  Spikegary  replied to  Randy @2.3    6 years ago

My beater is on it's last legs, waiting for one of those $5K for anything you can push. pull, drag in sales.  Been driving my truck, which gets to the car wash a lot.  I also hold off riding the bike until a couple good rains wash the roads down....only problem?  It was 26 degrees this morning and they are talking about snow.  Again.  Now don't get me wrong, everyone knows I love the snow, but this time of year, I have bikes and boats and sports cars on my mind........and the snow we get if any, will be crappy with no frozen base.......sigh.  I think Mother Nature is bi-polar and off her meds.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

It's time to stock up on the beer, pressure wash the deck, wash the roll out awning, pull the new furniture cushions out, fill the feeders, and sit back and enjoy a cold one.

I plan on doing some of that beer drinking tomorrow since it's going to be a beautiful day

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     6 years ago

It's spring and fishing is in the air.....

201104191850271.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @5    6 years ago

show off

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2  author  Spikegary  replied to  Kavika @5    6 years ago

Wait is that trout giggling?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @5    6 years ago

Is that a trolling motor on the right? Do you troll for fish like that? Cast? Still fish?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.3    6 years ago

No, the trolling motor is in the front of the boat Buzz. It's a bass boat and I work the docks, weed beds, rock piles casting for them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.3.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.3.2    6 years ago

Wrong, Badfish, Kavika is a 'catch-and-release' fisherman.  I'm the one who believes in 'catch-and-eat'.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Kavika   replied to  Release The Kraken @5.3.2    6 years ago

BF, I highly advise not to go near any fish markets..Laugh

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.3.5  TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.3.3    6 years ago
I'm the one who believes in 'catch-and-eat'.

Same here Buzz.  The ones that I catch that are of legal size, are released as soon as possible into a pan of hot oil.  My grandkids can't figure out what kind of fish they are, because THEY'RE NOT SQUARE>laughing dude

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6  katrix    6 years ago

I can't wait to get out on my kayak ... to do some gardening ... to seal the railing posts on my deck ... and to fantasize, yet again, about actually getting my bicycle out and riding it.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I will again enjoy going for walks through the nearby forrested university campuses and gated communities. The foliage and flowers change throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall - there is no winter here except for lousy weather, and we're getting our "holdover" share of it this week.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    6 years ago

I live about 45 minutes from the Chircahua National Forest in Cochise County in SE AZ. A part of the park is called Wonderland of Rocks containing huge balanced rocks. Think I will take my daughter and three grandkids up to the mountains tomorrow or Monday. Weather has been good the last few days down here on the border.

charger 383
Professor Silent
10  charger 383    6 years ago

Right now I am taking a break from putting the  panels back in my greenhouse that the wind blew out

Randy
Sophomore Participates
11  Randy    6 years ago

I'll have my Air Conditioning Unit checked and make sure it's ready for the non-global warming record setting heat we'll have this summer that will be even hotter then the record setting heat we had last summer, just like like the record setting heat we had the summer before that.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
11.1  author  Spikegary  replied to  Randy @11    6 years ago

Hard to imagine it as we have yet to get to a day where you could open windows and start the spring 'airing out'.