╌>

Louisiana Woman Creates Frog Bikini (And It’s Ribbiting)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-assistant-ra  •  6 years ago  •  39 comments

Louisiana Woman Creates Frog Bikini (And It’s Ribbiting)

5acf5f542000002d00eb4817.jpeg

When Fabiana LeFleur decided to make her own bikini, she hopped right to it.

Which makes sense since she used frogs as the material.

The 28-year-old LeFleur lives in Henderson, Louisiana, and grew up hunting and fishing around the bayou. Her father taught her not to waste anything from an animal.

“When my father took a deer, he always made it a point to use every part that he could , not only eating the meat but also tanning the hides, sometimes even carving the bones into knife handles,” she told local station KLFY TV.

She recently decided to apply her father’s advice to amphibians.

“I went out hunting and caught seven frogs, which worked out well because one of them didn’t turn out well,” she told HuffPost. “I didn’t choose carefully from a very large catch.”

After removing the meat for a meal, she sewed the animals together into an eye-catching swimsuit.

“The most difficult part of making the bikini was the skinning of the frogs,” LeFleur told HuffPost. “Normally, to filet a frog you would just make a cut around the belly and pull off the pants to expose the legs. To keep the whole things intact, I had to turn them completely inside out without damaging the skin so it’s a more delicate operation.”

The results, as you can see, are truly ribbiting, er, riveting. Photos of LeFleur in the frog swimsuit are going viral.

5acf5f581f0000260616cfaa.jpeg

Urbanites might find the idea of going skin-to-skin with an amphibian a little hard to take, but LeFleur said frog hides are no  different from any other animal byproduct used to make clothing.

“The only difference is that you can really see what they are in my suit,” she said. “I didn’t cut off the limbs and the heads. I thought it was a more interesting aesthetic. Personally, the process of extracting silk from worms seems a lot grosser than stitching a couple hoppers together.”

Once the frog hides were dried, she sewed  them together with sinew and then covered them with several layers of shellac to make the bikini waterproof.

Although she is happy with the results, LeFleur admits wearing the suit presents some challenges.

“They don’t have an underwire, so there’s not as much support as a standard bathing suit,” she said. “As a piece of sportswear, a wardrobe malfunction would be inevitable.”  

The frog bikini close up.

ANA LAFLEUR

The frog bikini close up.

In fact, LeFleur doesn’t plan to wear the suit very often.

“M y uncle has a bear skin hanging in our family’s hunting cabin and my mother says I should hang it right next to that,” she said. “I think that’s a pretty good place for it.”

She hopes her frog bikini inspires more people to find ways to  use materials they would otherwise discard.  However, she has no plans to go into business selling similar suits.

“The process really isn’t efficient enough to charge a reasonable price,” she admitted. “I’d be more inclined to give them a more detailed explanation of how I made mine. Stuffing a frog is definitely not a carefully guarded trade secret.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fabiana-lefleur-frog-bikini_us_5acf71d8e4b0d4931c8af7ea

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
2  T.Fargo    6 years ago

The irony is when frogs see headlights they usually get run over and killed.  These frogs got killed and are now headlight covers.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    6 years ago

Where is the "political" part of this article? "News and Politics" section?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4  Spikegary    6 years ago

That's funny......Not sure I have the creativity to see a clothing line in a bunch of frogs...

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5  Enoch    6 years ago

As Kermit's last words went, "It's not easy turning green"!

Enoch

Randy
Sophomore Participates
6  Randy    6 years ago

No matter how you look at it (unless you look at her without it on) that's disgusting! And can we have a look to see if the the carpet matches the drapes?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1  MrFrost  replied to  Randy @6    6 years ago

I agree... Something about this story is fishy... Most likely a trump supporter. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
6.1.1  Randy  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    6 years ago

I wonder how much he paid her???

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Randy @6.1.1    6 years ago

Too much...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
7  luther28    6 years ago

Gives one pause to wonder what she could do with a passel of crawdads.

charger 383
Professor Silent
7.1  charger 383  replied to  luther28 @7    6 years ago

She could do wonders with an alligator

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
8  cobaltblue    6 years ago

Oh. My. God.  You are sooooooo immature. In order to quell these locker room misogynistic comments, in order for you to stop inferring that women are just pieces of meat to be consumed, let's show a little respect by illustrating what ladies wear while swimming and/or sunbathing. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8.2  luther28  replied to  cobaltblue @8    6 years ago

Hey there how have you been?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
8.2.1  cobaltblue  replied to  luther28 @8.2    6 years ago

I've been great, and I'm sure your doing well. Weren't you the fella that had the cutest-baby-ever-in-the-whole-wide-world avatar?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8.2.2  luther28  replied to  cobaltblue @8.2.1    6 years ago

Aw shucks, you remember. Yup Baby Luther is growing up:)

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
8.2.3  cobaltblue  replied to  luther28 @8.2.2    6 years ago
Aw shucks, you remember.

Of course I do! I can't even remember if we agreed or disagreed on matters, but I do remember seeking you out just to see the cutest avatar in whole wide world. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    6 years ago

The first picture makes it look like she's going to "Gig" herself. confused

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
10  cobaltblue    6 years ago

I've been great, and I'm sure your doing well. Weren't you the fella that had the cutest-baby-ever-in-the-whole-wide-world avatar?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
11  cobaltblue    6 years ago

hmmm ... Mean Ol' Mr. Laptop is gas-lighting me and posting my comment twice. Bad laptop!

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
11.1  lennylynx  replied to  cobaltblue @11    6 years ago

You're a class and sassy dame, CB, old school.  thumbs up   Very few modern day women are dames anymore...

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
11.1.2  cobaltblue  replied to  lennylynx @11.1    6 years ago
You're a class and sassy dame, CB, old school.

I'll take the dame moniker. I'm sassy, classy, smart-assy and sometimes gassy. Although, truth be told ...

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
11.1.3  cobaltblue  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.1.1    6 years ago
takes a huge shit in my yard

I don't know why he'd take it. I leave mine. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
11.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.1.1    6 years ago
.it takes a huge shit in my yard occasionally.

Where did she take it? goofy

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
11.2  T.Fargo  replied to  cobaltblue @11    6 years ago

Blame it on the cat... That's what I do.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
11.2.1  cobaltblue  replied to  T.Fargo @11.2    6 years ago
Blame it on the cat... That's what I do.

Yeah ... but you blame EVERYTHING on the cat! Who wrote in the spilled flour on the counter "I wanted to make dill bread so I was looking to make the dill dough!" ???? I KNEW it wasn't the cat ... ! The cat never writes in cursive! Hmmmph ...