╌>

“Sweetheart, this is Watergate. Goodbye!”

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  21 comments

“Sweetheart, this is Watergate. Goodbye!”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/us/politics/trump-doctor-harold-bornstein.html

born.jpg

"....In his initial interviews with The New York Times in 2017, Dr. Bornstein made no secret of the fact that he had wanted to be the White House physician.

During the presidential campaign, he wrote two letters vouching for Mr. Trump’s health. In December 2015, he said that Mr. Trump would be “the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,” and in September 2016, he said that Mr. Trump was “in excellent physical health.”

(As his frustrations appeared to mount on Tuesday, Dr. Bornstein told CNN that Mr. Trump had dictated the contents of the first letter .)

Dr. Bornstein quickly fell out of favor with Mr. Trump after the Times article, in which he gave a public accounting of Mr. Trump’s health and complained about the poor seats he was assigned at the president’s inauguration.

In the Times interviews — for which he also asked for a donation in his name to Tufts, a request The Times also declined — Dr. Bornstein discussed Mr. Trump’s medical history, and bragged about having “every phone number for him and all the wives,” whom he also treated. He said Mr. Trump, rumored to be a germaphobe, “changes the paper on the table himself” after examinations.

He also described the medications Mr. Trump was taking: antibiotics to control rosacea, a statin for elevated blood cholesterol and lipids, and finasteride, a prostate-related drug to promote hair growth.

“He has all his hair,” said Dr. Bornstein, who also took the drug. He also slipped in a boast about his own shoulder-length coif: “I have all my hair.”

Among other claims he made to NBC about the confrontation in his office, Dr. Bornstein said Mr. Schiller and Mr. Garten instructed him to remove a photo of Mr. Trump from the wall. As his lopsided news media tour continued, Dr. Bornstein also fielded a brief call from CBS.

“Sweetheart, this is Watergate. Goodbye!” the doctor said to a producer for the network before hanging up."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I think Al Pacino will play him in the movie. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

In his initial interviews with The New York Times in 2017, Dr. Bornstein made no secret of the fact that he had wanted to be the White House physician.

The indicated diagnosis is a bad case of really sour grapes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

'(As his frustrations appeared to mount on Tuesday, Dr. Bornstein told CNN that Mr. Trump had dictated the contents of the first letter.)'

Surprise, surprise!  That's what happened with Jackson too I bet!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Didn't this clown release confidential personal information about Trump to CNN or some such. I thought that was illegal under HIPAA laws. Any you believe him??  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    6 years ago
Didn't this clown release confidential personal information about Trump to CNN or some such.

Nope.  And the fact that you are unable/unwilling to provide links to the CNN story just bolsters the fact that you are making it all up.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.3.2  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    6 years ago

If Trump has any real concern with the enforcement of HIPPA he'll have the DOJ prosecute the men who stole his records from Bornstein's office.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.3.3  Snuffy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.1    6 years ago

yes, he did release HIPPA information.  It's right there in the NY Times link where he stated some of the medications prescribed.  Medications and diagnosis's are considered PHI or Protected Health Information.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Snuffy @1.3.3    6 years ago
yes, he did release HIPPA information.

You are correct, he did.  I mistakenly read 1 article and commented on 2nd.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

The circus continues...LOL

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    6 years ago

Everything around 'the Trump' is conceal, cut and cover.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago
“Sweetheart, this is Watergate. Goodbye!” the doctor said to a producer for the network before hanging up."

I think somebody is looking for attention.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago

Is that not how fake news begins?  .. "somebody is looking for attention" .. ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.1    6 years ago
'Is that not how fake news begins?  .. "somebody is looking for attention" .. ?'

Donald Rump?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago

It's just the usual left wing weekly scandal, no one really cares about this kind of stuff except the usual suspect(s).

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    6 years ago
It's just the usual left wing weekly scandal

The scandal is all Trump's, the media is just informing people about it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @4.2.1    6 years ago
The scandal is all Trump's,

Actually.....NO IT'S NOT. 

Apparently Dr. Bornstein is short on cash !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.2    6 years ago
Actually.....NO IT'S NOT.

So Trump dictating what he wanted the doctor to state on an official medical report is not a scandal???

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @4.2.3    6 years ago

Between Trump and his Deplorables, the nation's standards are being ground into dust. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @4.2.3    6 years ago

Is area 51 and aliens for real ?

We are told that by someone.....right ?

Your first inkling that this doctor may be a wack is the fact, as he stated, Donald Dictated what he should say in the letter, AND HE DID IT !

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.5    6 years ago
Your first inkling that this doctor may be a wack is the fact, as he stated, Donald Dictated what he should say in the letter, AND HE DID IT !

My first inkling was when he said Donald Trump would be the healthiest POTUS ever, or words to that effect.  Anybody with functioning eyes could tell you that's bullshit.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.7  Skrekk  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.5    6 years ago
Donald Dictated

Sounds like a good name for our Glorious Leader.