╌>

" … the Philosophy is Kindness."

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  a-macarthur  •  6 years ago  •  14 comments

" … the Philosophy is Kindness."

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness ."

— Dalai Lama

A departure from the rampant unkindness and willful blindness …

Peace!

1lakesunsetpoconomountainspennsylvaniaagurmankin.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

10grandcanyonsunsetagurmankin.jpg

Grand Canyon Sunset

© A. Mac/A.G.

fishrermenatsunsetonamountainlakeagurmankin1.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

soaringbirdatsunsetagurmankin.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

If it makes me an old "liberal snowflake," …

… I can live with it.

_AGU8228_edited1.jpg

Sincerely and with Absence of Malice,

A. Mac

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

thanks for the lovely photos. It's always nice to take a break away from the ugliness and enjoy some real beauty

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    6 years ago

Excellent post Sir! Any religion or beliefs that I have I keep in my heart. I don't need a church or a building. I have stood on the mountains and glaciers of Antarctica with nobody else other than the few with me for as far as the eye can see and know that I stood where no one had ever set foot before. The sheer starkness and remoteness had a awesome beauty all it's own! My first time seeing a sight like that put me closer to the concept of religion than most could imagine. Again my compliments on a most excellent post. Peace be with you.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    6 years ago

We are clearly Kindred Spirits! Your presence and commentary are greatly appreciated.

A POX ON ALL RELIGIONIST HOUSES!

The psychotic state-of-mind, and, the oxymoronic term "religious thought," together constitue the very basis for the perceived "necessity" of the religionist to have an entity euphemistically foisted on the world as, "Our Religious Homeland!"

What fairyland-mentality prays to "God" for "peace," while making war on perceived "infidels" who do the very same? This ecclesiastical-masturbation is low-hanging fruit for the politicians and cleric-power brokers who, after being ultimately responsible for sending other people's children to "holy" wars to die for an ideology, call on their minions to pray for the dead and to "thank God" for those whose lives were spared."

REALLY?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4  Raven Wing    6 years ago

A wonderful and enlightening article Dear Friend and Mentor Enoch. The kindness and peace you offer those at a time they need it most, as they leave this world and move on to the next steps of their own eternal journey, speaks volumes of you and your true heart. They are truly Blessed to have you by their side to see them off from this life to their next life.  

I practice the ancient religion of my Cherokee ancestors, and the only place of worship I need is in my own heart and thoughts. I do not need a building to go to in order for me to pray or worship the Creator, or hear His words. He is everywhere I go. His Temple is my heart.

The Creator knows me, and I know Him, and that is all that matters. He knows my faults, as He did not make us perfect. But, he also know my good works. 

We are all connected as the human species, and to all living things here on earth. We are One. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Raven Wing @4    6 years ago

Actually, this is not Enoch’s article ... but I am honored to be mistaken for him.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1    6 years ago

Thanks, Mac. Sorry for being off topic here. Hands and eyes are not working well I guess. Please feel free to delete the comment. (smile)

Enoch
Masters Quiet
4.1.2  Enoch  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1    6 years ago

Dear Friend AMac: Likewise. 

Great photo-journalism.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Enoch.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1.3  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.1    6 years ago

RW … praise for Enoch is never off-topic.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1.3    6 years ago

Thank you, Mac. (smile)

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     6 years ago

"The idea of wilderness needs no defense. It only needs more defenders."

Edward Abby.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @5    6 years ago
It only needs more defenders."

So very true, and never more so than today. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Chongqing Sunset

sunset 4.jpg

Zhengzhou Sunset

best 9.jpg