╌>

Koch-backed group gives boost to Democrats on immigration

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  6 years ago  •  2 comments

Koch-backed group gives boost to Democrats on immigration

An immigration-overhaul advocacy group backed by t he influential Koch brothers is sending out a series of political mailers aimed at backing pro-immigration members of Congress -- including a handful of Democrats.

The LIBRE Initiative is a Koch-backed group , technically nonpartisan, that advocates for conservative principles specifically among Hispanic Americans. The mailers announced Thursday are part of a broader initiative that includes TV and digital advertising as well as in-person advocacy for a solution for young undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children and were protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program Trump is ending, as well as for border security.
The mailers are being sent to the districts of vulnerable Republicans and others who have supported immigration compromises this year, which thus far have been unsuccessful, as well as a handful of Democrats who have been particularly active on the issue.

T he bipartisan targets reflect a frustration within the Koch network with congressional dysfunction and a stated desire to go beyond party labels. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/koch-backed-group-gives-boost-to-democrats-on-immigration/ar-AAxp9CS?li=BBnbfcL&OCID=HPDHP

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    6 years ago

I wonder if the "Liberals" will say they like the Koch Brothers NOW ?  thinking

After all, Liberals have always had this Hate relationship with them, even though the Koch Brothers are more Libertarian than anything. chuckle

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2  Colour Me Free    6 years ago

Think you scared individuals by Koch being in the headline... they are evil, just ask Rachel Maddow! <s>

The bipartisan targets reflect a frustration within the Koch network with congressional dysfunction and a stated desire to go beyond party labels.

I doubt comprehensive immigration reformed will happen in my life time ... I do not think I even know what it truly means or what can be done to achieve it.  Yet, I do think that passing DACA through Congress as a clean bill is a NO brainer - perhaps with the help of the Koch brothers supported group, finally Congress will act and quit holding these young peoples future hostage for their own political gain ... [both sides of the aisle share the play for incompetence in Congress!]