╌>

Trump Says 'Japan, South Korea Would Pay For The Wall, I Mean, War'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  107 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

After canceling the North Korean summit on June 12, Donald Trump said that if military hostilities occur between us, Japan and South Korea would pay for it financially.

The idea that we are closer to war is frustrating enough and dangerous, especially with a man like Trump, who is more interested in appearances than with reality.

But why would our closest allies in the region pony up all the cash if Trump decides to go full bore and put into place John Bolton's military fetishes against North Korea?

Trump began, "I want to begin by saying that based on the recent statement of North Korea, I've decided to terminate the planned summit in Singapore on June 12th."

He continued, "I believe that this is a tremendous set back for North Korea and indeed a set back for the world. I've spoken to General Mattis and the joint chiefs of staff and our military which is by far the most powerful anywhere in the world, that has been greatly enhanced recently as you all know, is ready if necessary."

"Likewise, I have spoken to South Korea and Japan and they are not only ready should foolish or reckless acts be taken by North Korea, but they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States in operations if such an unfortunate situation is forced upon us."

Whoa.

read more

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

There is no end to Trump's ridiculous babblings. 

Now he wants to justify beating war drums by saying Mexico, er, I mean Japan , will pay for it. 

This sounds like part of a skit on SNL. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry anymore

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    6 years ago

"Likewise, I have spoken to South Korea and Japan and they are not only ready should foolish or reckless acts be taken by North Korea, but they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States in operations if such an unfortunate situation is forced upon us."

Anyone who thinks this is anything other than stream -of- consciousness babbling is kidding themselves. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2  1stwarrior    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC  {SP}

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @2    6 years ago

I need you to stop making these constant personal comments on my seeds. 

There are millions , many millions of people who are even more anti-Trump than I am.  This is the news of the day. If you don't like it, blame the moron in the oval office who says and does enough idiotic stuff every day to keep every amateur pundit on earth filled with material. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago

Look no further than right here.

I am definitely more anti-trumpy than you. Of course we can have a contest if you want

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago
many millions of people who are even more anti-Trump than I am

Deleted, Skirting  {SP}

4. Stay on topic per the article

Comments that are disruptive to thoughtful discussion (e.g. trolling) are not tolerated.

see: policy ‘ Disruption

Meta comments (comments about the site or its members) are always off-topic.

JR is not the topic

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago
I need you to stop making these constant personal comments on my seeds.

You mean like when you constantly post that someone's post that you do not agree with is nothing but trash, and other things very similar?

You have been asked constantly to stop, but yet you don't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.2    6 years ago

In comparison with Donald Trump, Obama was like a Winston Churchill in terms of speaking and thinking. 

You have "57 states".  I could cite a hundred stupid things Trump has said.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    6 years ago

Did somebody hold a gun to your head making you post in John's seeds?

If not a gun, perhaps a rogue mouse that does what it wants? Takes you to seeds that you don't like?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    6 years ago

Bugsy, I seed intelligent or interesting articles and topics. Usually things I am very well able to express a viewpoint about. Things that I am not that interested in I don't comment on much. 

You do LITTLE but come on seeds and articles and say a few words about other members or spout rote right wing boilerplate. 

When do you seed articles?

When have you ever backed up what you say, with links, quotes, or documents? 

I never see it. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  bugsy @2.1.2    6 years ago
Trump hatred

It is nonsense to imagine that South Korea and Japan would pay for an American war against North Korea. It's comically Freudian to then say "wall" instead of "war".

There's no "hatred" needed to see that the President doesn't know what he is doing.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    6 years ago
Bugsy, I seed intelligent or interesting articles and topics

You never fail to entertain

When do you seed articles?

Never have, probably never will. You want the reason? See my response above

Deleted, Sweeping generalization  {SP}

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Bob Nelson  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.1.8    6 years ago

Yes. "Comically" means "funny"...   Not Impressed

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.11  Bob Nelson  replied to  bugsy @2.1.9    6 years ago
  Never have, probably never will.

A plant or animal that produces nothing, living by stealing the sap or blood of other living things is called a... parasite...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.12  bugsy  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.11    6 years ago

Sweeping generalizations [ph]

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.13  SteevieGee  replied to  bugsy @2.1.12    6 years ago

Because only a liberal would promise that Mexico is paying for a wall and then demand funding for it from Congress.

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.14    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    6 years ago

Deleted CoC {SP}

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.14    6 years ago

I don't think you are allowed to create false quotes from members. You might want to delete that. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    6 years ago

And mods never tell him to lock his seeds (like they tell me and others) when he's absent for 6-8 hours.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.16    6 years ago

Jasper, 

He is never gone that long during the day. 

You don't have to close it to go to sleep. We are only concerned about the high traffic times. It also gives you more control, since once an article goes off track, it is very hard to get it back on.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.1.17    6 years ago

Then don't make violations. It's really simple. 

Pedro
Professor Participates
2.1.21  Pedro  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.1.20    6 years ago

Making vague assertions and pretending they are substantial is an interesting tactic. Almost Trumpian.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.23  SteevieGee  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.18    6 years ago

When half the comments are removed it makes it  very hard to get back on track.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  1stwarrior @2    6 years ago
These types of postings are really not for the benefit of NT - and you know it.

We have a President who has no idea what be is doing. Should we ignore this terrifying reality?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.2    6 years ago
We have a President who has no idea what be is doing. Should we ignore this terrifying reality?

Yes he does, he's letting Kimmy make a fool of himself and take the blame for the talks breaking down. Dealing with a nut job like Kim takes time and patience. ( Deleted, Skirting  {SP} please address issues, not other members).  It's not that hard

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.1    6 years ago
he's letting Kimmy make a fool of himself

News flash! Kim is crazy... and the whole world (except Donald Trump) has known it for years.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.2.2    6 years ago
Kim is crazy... and the whole world (except Donald Trump) has known it for years.

Kim Jong-un is just a sociopathic dictator.    Trump is a sociopath who wants to be dictator but was very surprised to learn that a president can't be a dictator due to the separation of powers.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Skrekk @2.2.4    6 years ago
but was very surprised to learn that a president can't be a dictator due to the separation of powers.

However, he has not given up trying to act like a Dictator, and thinks that he is above the law, both Judicial and Local law enforcement. And it seems to run in his family as well.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2.6  SteevieGee  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.2    6 years ago

Better to benefit the country than NT.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.6    6 years ago
Better to benefit the country than NT.

Pithy! Very PITHY!

Also... makes no sense at all.

But hey! Pithy!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

I have spoken to South Korea and Japan and they are not only ready should foolish or reckless acts be taken by North Korea, but they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States in operations if such an unfortunate situation is forced upon us."

Trump has said, " Words to me don't matter much, it's deeds that count." 

So in other words he will say anything he wants to get what he needs. 

Ever since hearing trump say that I have known not to trust what trump says, you can only trust what he does.

IMO: President trump is a master manipulator who has little regard for truth or reality as long as he gets his way in the end. winning at all costs.. but what is the real long term cost to operating anything this way ?

so sad !

I was raised and lived on the premise and idea that a man's word meant something... everything.

But, Not any longer I guess.  

I suppose this is the new norm: Say what ever ya want to get what ya need !! 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3    6 years ago

I kind of agree that he believes he is manipulating people, usually. But, he is often also just babbling.  Trump is the type of extreme narcissist who believes that if he says something it has to be true, simply because he is the one who said it.  This leads him to say things , often, without giving them any thought. babbling. He does it fairly often. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago
He does it fairly often

Sounds like that upsets you.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.1    6 years ago
you

Anything that is positive for the country upsets him.

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.3    replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC {SP}

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3    6 years ago
was raised and lived on the premise and idea that a man's word meant something... everything. But, Not any longer I guess.
Are you suggesting that the recent Democrat presidents and candidates never told a lie. If Kim ever attacks us, of course we would pay, but if it happens to South Korea and Japan, shouldn't they provide for their own defense. Trump didn't start all this unrest in the region, he's simply trying to get Fat Boys attention and wake him up to reality

Sophomore Guide
3.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    6 years ago
Are you suggesting that the recent Democrat presidents and candidates never told a lie.

As you can see I was talking about president trump. I have known for some time now, do to trump's own words not to trust what he says. What others do or did was not included in my comment. If you want to talk about clinton or Obama we can do that as well. 

Sophomore Guide
3.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    6 years ago
Trump didn't start all this unrest in the region, he's simply trying to get Fat Boys attention and wake him up to reality

trump is great at getting attention, what he does with that attention is always of concern when you cant trust what he says to begin with.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I would like everyone to address the topic from here on out, which is Donald Trump saying Japan will pay for any war we have with North Korea. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

No John, that is not what he said. Try again and get it right next time.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago

"they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States"

Why does he think that the American people are that interested in who will pay for the wall...... I mean the war?

He's an idiot. Will Americans be more willing to start a war with North Korea if we are assured Japan will pay for it? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    6 years ago

Americans don't want a war with NK, and neither does Trump, as the temporarily delayed agreement objectives made very plain. You do agree that Kim sabotaged this deal by playing to home crowd, but didn't gain any propaganda value from it. He also came up short on getting aid or investment in NK. Trump called his bluff, now the ball is in his court and he has to take the next step.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    6 years ago

The other article was about Trump calling off the summit. This article is about Trump thinking Americans will be more likely to support his war with North Korea if they think someone else will pay for it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    6 years ago
Americans don't want a war with NK, and neither does Trump

"Fire and fury, the likes of which the world has never known"... Seems like a threat of war to me.... Or was he talking about a wicked case of the shits? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago
the topic

Your headline is patently false, and you produced it in quotes as if it were actually said. You need to delete the seed and repost the headline correctly, as you are violating the CoC.

There is nothing wrong with the title.  Please stop moderating and address the topic, not the seeder.  {SP}

Members should refrain from disciplining other members. If someone is violating the CoC, members should make no comment but rather use the flagging system

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2    6 years ago

The headline is the exact title from the source. I would have preferred to use my own headline but we are not allowed to do that anymore. We have to use the title from the seeded article no matter what. 

Did you read the article? Trump is quoted as clearly saying that South Korea and Japan will pay for any war we have with North Korea. Why do you think that was a proper thing for him to say? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    6 years ago

Actually, Japan and South Korea already shoulder the majority of expenses for our troops being there to help defend them. Japan is still living under the umbrella of WWII where they are only allowed to build their military to a certain level. They have no defenses against nuclear weapons.

South Korea is not restricted as Japan is, but with the threat of both North Korea and China not all that far away requires the need for US support.

If we were ever to come to a military event with NK or China, SK and Japan will certainly pick up a large part of the tab of support for our troops, especially with logistics and supplies.

Deleted, skirting {SP}

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.2    6 years ago

I'm not asking you if Japan or South Korea pays anything for US troops to be there or for US naval fleets to protect them. 

I'm asking why Trump thinks that telling the American people that Japan or South Korea will pay for any war with North Korea is the right thing to do. 

Does he think that the American people will look more favorably on a war if someone else is paying for it? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.3    6 years ago
I'm asking why Trump thinks that telling the American people that Japan or South Korea will pay for any war with North Korea is the right thing to do.

I already answered the question. Those countries already pay for the existence of US troops there, and in essence, are paying for their defense. So, yes, telling the American People that those countries will pay is the right thing to do.

Bottom line...both of these countries experienced the atrocities of the Chinese in some period of their history. They don't want to experience it again.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.4    6 years ago

I don't think you get the point. 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.6    replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.3    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC {SP}

Address the topic, not the members !!!

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.7  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.5    6 years ago

So tell me why you think that instead of trying to demean me. You know, what you cry and accuse me of doing to you.

I seriously don't think any American in their right mind would be upset if other countries paid for the defense of their country by US troops.

Why are you? Do you really hate Trump so much that it pisses you off if he wants another country to pay for their defense?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  @4.2.6    6 years ago

Removed for context

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  @4.2.6    6 years ago

PJ5850, if you have anything to offer on the topic, spit it out. 

Otherwise get off this seed. Constant off topic comments are considered harassment.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.10  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.7    6 years ago

Bugsy, you try and insult me across many threads and many topics. You don't seed articles, and you don't support your opinions with links, quotes or documents. 

I would just as soon not have to address you at all because you dont say anything I need to respond to, but you keep attacking me and I will not allow that to go unnoticed. Do yourself a favor then and avoid my seeds. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.11  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.10    6 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.12  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.11    6 years ago

If you want to discuss the topic of the seed, go ahead. If you want to whine about me and my opinion of Donald Trump, get the fuck off the seed. Got it? 

I asked you if you think it is OK for Trump to say that Japan and South Korea will pay for a war with North Korea, (meaning that the American taxpayer may not have to pay, or may not have to pay as much) . You think it is ok because we provide military defense for those countries. 

The point I am making is, why he is mentioning the financial cost of a war with North Korea at all?  Does he think that Americans will be more supportive of war if they think someone else will pay the bill for it? 

Doesn't sound presidential to me , but you are welcome to your opinion. 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.13    replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.9    6 years ago

PJ5850, if you have anything to offer on the topic, spit it out.

You seeded the article for the sole purpose of expressing your hatred of Trump turning it into a Trump hatred article, Removed Skirting "BF"

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.14  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.12    6 years ago

The term "sounds Presidential" means nothing. Depending on what ideology depends on what "sounding Presidential" means. In this case, Trump sounds far more Presidential than several of his predecessors, especially the last one. He does not roll over and let despots run him.

I answered your question more than once. Americans would have no problem with a country paying for US troops for their defense. Of course, simply because of the size of our military, and the requirements that would be needed to defeat a NK army, the US would have to foot some of the bill.

Hell, we have pretty much paid for other country's defenses in all the wars we have been involved in since the beginning. What is wrong with another country paying for their own defenses.?

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.15    replied to  bugsy @4.2.11    6 years ago

2 day suspension for CoC violations ending May 26 at 10:30 pm edt. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.16  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.14    6 years ago

So it doesn't bother you that the president* would use a financial incentive basis to possibly drum up support for a war. Got it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.17  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  @4.2.15    6 years ago

You have three or four violations on this thread already, if the moderators do their job. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.18  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.16    6 years ago

What the hell are you talking about? Even your loony left source stated that SK and Japan are ready to pay for any financial responsibilities should NK do something stupid. Why does it piss you off so much that countries are willing to pay for their own defense should hostilities ensue? Is your hatred of this President so much that you think other countries should not pay for their defenses simply because Trump is president?

I put a challenge out to you several times and you have yet to respond in an adult manner. I asked you to go through all of your articles that allege Trump has done something illegal and post those that have actually come true. Your silence on this says much about you and your hatred of someone simply because he is not named Hillary.

Your asterisk after president is childish at best. You do not want to debate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.19  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.18    6 years ago

You are not capable Bugsy. The simple point of the seeded article either escapes you or you are trying to rope a dope it. Either way I am not interested. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.18    6 years ago

You can have the last word at this point and then after that I am closing this seed. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.21  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.19    6 years ago

Then enlighten me if you think you can. The highlighted part of your seed specifically stated that SK and Japan would take financial responsibility for US troops if NK goes stupid.

I get it. You are going to close the seed because you are not getting the kumbaya you so hoped for. You have no desire to debate. You berate those who counter your posts and seeds then play the victim when the same happens to you.

I try to debate you and you say I don't get the article, even though you post the highlighted part as if that is what you are trying to focus on, and I, once again, prove your opinion ridiculous.

It's OK to not like the president because of his policies, ( Deleted CoC {SP} )

Deleted, no value

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.22    replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.20    6 years ago

You can have the last word at this point and then after that I am closing this seed."

Removed for Taunting "BF"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.23  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.21    6 years ago

No value {SP}

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.24  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  @4.2.22    6 years ago

No value {SP}

user image
Freshman Silent
4.2.25    replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.17    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.26  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.23    6 years ago

Thought you said I can have the last word then you will close the seed? Removed Taunting "BF"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.27  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.26    6 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.28  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.27    6 years ago

UH, oh, there you go again insulting me. That is a CoC violation.

Flagging

Members should refrain from disciplining other members. If someone is violating the CoC, members should make no comment but rather use the flagging system to report it to the moderators.

Deleted Skirting {SP}

Address the topic and stop making personal deragatory remarks to other members.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.29  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @4.2.28    6 years ago

Deleted CoC {SP}

Address the topic, not other members

Two day suspension starting at 11:30 EST ending Saturday 05/26/19 at 11:30 EST

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.30  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.2.28    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC {SP}

2 day suspension starting at midnight tonight EST ending at midnight 05/27/2018 EST

Suspensions are issued based on an accumulation of violations and not just one particular comment

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4.2.32  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @4.2.11    6 years ago
You scream, cry, whine to moderators when people criticize your seeds, your comments and even sometimes you, mainly because every one of the seeds/posts are anti Trump and not positive for this blog.

You should know this before you continue making an ass out of yourself:  John seldom flags anyone.  He would rather handle an escalating situation within the article.  Only when someone consistently refuses to respect his request to stick to the topic of the seed/article, he has every right to take it a step further.  

Furthermore, John's anti-Trump stance reflects the opinion of many NT community members.  Hells bells, it reflects the majority of American citizens, a fact that is supported by Trump's poor approval rating.  

Bottom line:  When a seeder/author says stick to the topic, then stick to the topic.  It's that simple.  If you feel the need to continue being a disruptive asshole, take it to Heated Discussions, or put your petty complaints in an article and post it in Metafied, because frankly, you are annoying the shit out of the community members who would rather participate in an adult discussion regarding the topic. 

Professor Guide
4.2.33  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.24    6 years ago
Get lost pt. 2

*effervescent snort*

Professor Guide
4.2.34  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @4.2.29    6 years ago
Oh, yea...your avatar is stupid too.

...Says the guy with the default hat avatar.

Sophomore Guide
4.2.36  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Release The Kraken @4.2.35    6 years ago
John is one of the most tolerant members regarding comments.

I'm not very observant and even I kinda noticed that. Yes John posts a lot of left leaning articles (putting it nicely) but John also puts up with a lot more shit about it than I would tolerate for sure.

From what I've also seen we have folks here on the opposite side that do about the same thing.

Not everyone has the same tolerance I know I don't.

That's one reason I dont seed articles. I don't want to deal with the crap that always is thrown. 

from both sides 

Pedro
Professor Participates
4.2.37  Pedro  replied to    6 years ago

John is one of the members who least abuses (or even uses) the flagging system. In fact, I'd say he is too nice to far too many of you, who don't reciprocate that goodwill, which John extends in the hopes of fostering conversation.

Pedro
Professor Participates
4.2.39  Pedro  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.2.38    6 years ago

Agreed.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.40  Kavika   replied to    6 years ago
Translated: I cried to Perrie that she delete all comments that make me look crazy but she didn't listen to me. SP is my best buddy, he deletes comments that don't kiss my ass.

A couple of things Iceman...If you knew JR at all you'd know that he doesn't complain to Perrie or any other moderator. You know what is said about assumptions.  

Next up. It seems that your saying that SP isn't fair in his moderation. Again, assumptions and a personal insult to SP.

You could go for one more and hit the trifecta of BS comments. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.42  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.2.41    6 years ago

I have never asked Perrie to delete anyone's comments other than occasionally through the flagging system.  Throw a couple of you out altogether,  yeah I might have suggested that but she doesnt listen to me anyway. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.44  Kavika   replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.2.41    6 years ago

Facts might be a bridge to far for you.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.47  Kavika   replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.2.46    6 years ago

Well Inspector Clouseau you'll find ''a clue'' right next to ''facts''....Both will be under the bridge that is probably way to far for you. 

Cheers.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.48  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @4.2.47    6 years ago

Thumbs Up 2

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.49  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.2.35    6 years ago
We have some serial flaggers

Raises hand....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.50  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.32    6 years ago

Clapping

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2.51  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.49    6 years ago
Raises hand....

Ditto.  Why have a CoC if everyone just ignores it?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.52  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    6 years ago

That is the second time you have made that comment, and I am officially putting you on notice. Comments like these are not only off topic, but disturb the whole article. If you have an issue, take it to metafied.

Do it again, and you will have a 2 day suspension. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

Does this mean that Mexico is off the hook for the wall?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.1  Skrekk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    6 years ago

Mexico has agreed to pay for a very high, impenetrable and airtight wall around the White House.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6  Split Personality    6 years ago

Since JR is suspended and cannot moderate this article, it will be locked until he returns.