╌>

Louisiana televangelist seeks donations for $54M private jet: report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  6 years ago  •  125 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Bradford Betz - FOX NEWS - 5/29/2018

A Louisiana-based televangelist is asking his followers to donate money for a $54 million jet that can “go anywhere in the world in one stop,” The Times Picayune Reported  

Jesse Duplantis, 68, a Christian minister based in Destrehan, about 25 miles east of New Orleans, says his ministry has paid cash for three private jets.

“You know I’ve owned three different jets in my life and used them and used them and just burning them up for the Lord,” Duplantis says in a video posted to his ministries’ website.

Duplantis is now reportedly seeking the funds for a Dassault Falcon 7X, worth $54 million.

The problem with the previous jets, he says, is that they require multiple stops to refuel. But flying the Falcon 7X, Duplantis says, will allow him to save money and not pay “those exorbitant prices with jet fuel all over the world.”  

“I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the earth today, he wouldn’t be riding a donkey,” Duplantis says in the video, “He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

Duplantis’ video comes after another televangelist, Kenneth Copeland in Texas, purchased the Gulfstream V jet for $36 million.

Both televangelists defended their use of private jets during a joint appearance on Copeland’s program, saying that commercial airlines filled with “a bunch of demons” that get in the way of their busy schedules.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

For The Love Of Christ! Have these damn TV preachers no shame? No shame at all?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago

Nope....and the faithful follow them without question. Face Palm

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago

Not all, not nearly all the faithful follow people like this.  Gullible peole will and od follow these types.  It's a sad thing, but it is what it is.

Worship God not mammon.  These people get a taste of the good life and sell their soul for it.  That bill does come due someday.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.1    6 years ago
Gullible people will and do follow these types.

And what are the odds the majority of his gullible followers are also Trump supporters? I'd say 1 in 1.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago
For The Love Of Christ!

laughing dude

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3  epistte  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago
For The Love Of Christ! Have these damn TV preachers no shame? No shame at all?

He'll find enough suckers to pay for his desired toy. He would not have made the public plea unless there was a precedent for them forking over the money. 

Why is it that if I demand someone give me money or I will threaten them considered to be extortion, but if I say that God will send them to burn in Hell for eternity if they don't hand it over I get a tax exemption? 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.1  MonsterMash  replied to  epistte @1.3    6 years ago

Why is it that if I demand someone give me money or I will threaten them considered to be extortion, but if I say that God will send them to burn in Hell for eternity if they don't hand it over I get a tax exemption?

Duplantis didn't DEMAND anyone give him money and he didn't say, anyone would go to hell if they didn't send him money. Why did you purposely insimulate he's an extortionist?

Duplantis isn't an extortionist, IMO he's an opportunist and charlatan.   

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  cjcold  replied to  epistte @1.3    6 years ago

God came to me in a dream and said he wants me to own a Ferrari.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.3  epistte  replied to  MonsterMash @1.3.1    6 years ago
Duplantis isn't an extortionist, IMO he's an opportunist and charlatan.

It is extortion if the people in the pews sincerely believe that not tithing to him will result in their being sent them to Hell. If it wasn't for the religious freedoms in the First Amendment these religious scumbags would all be in prison for fraud. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.4  MonsterMash  replied to  epistte @1.3.3    6 years ago
It is extortion if the people in the pews sincerely believe that not tithing to him will result in their being sent them to Hell

Duplantis doesn't pastor a church therefor he doesn't have a congregation with people sitting in pews. He never said or indicated anyone was going to hell if they didn't donate money to his ministry.

When David Hogg demanded $ 1,000,000 from the grocery store chain in Florida and if he didn't get it, he would boycott them you didn't call it extortion.

Your attempt to redefine extortion is a failure.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.5  bbl-1  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago

For the love and deceit of Lucifer the weak and insipid will bow.  Louisiana is replete with knee prints in the mud.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

Somebody remind me again why we are not taxing the Hell out of charlatans like Duplantis...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @2    6 years ago

Because we don't want them politicizing from the pulpit....but they do that anyway.

Let's tax the property the churches sit on

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    6 years ago
Let's tax the property the churches sit on

Duplantis doesn't have a church all of his property is taxed.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

With his proposed new plane he can fly right to heavens door and communicate with the lord first hand. 

That alone should stoke the donations. 

Hopefully I don't have to add the /s tag for people to ''get it''.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago
Hopefully I don't have to add the /s tag for people to ''get it''.

No /S...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

God will toss him a bag of stale peanuts and send him on the express elevator to Hell.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    6 years ago

And a warm Coke

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    6 years ago

There's a sucker born every minute - lots of suckers pay into these phonier than thou charlatans pockets. . . unreal. . . 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.1  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @4    6 years ago

Tessy's back!!  Big hugs

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  lennylynx @4.1    6 years ago

I took a long weekend off - from Newstalkers, etc.  

Good to see ya Lenny!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    6 years ago

Welcome back!Big hugs

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.2    6 years ago

Thanks hon!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.3    6 years ago

Nobody ever misses me when I take a few days off.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @4.1.4    6 years ago

I could be gone for a year and the best I would get is "Oh, were you gone?"

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4    6 years ago

We can't expect a sterling soul like Duplantis' to sit in the Demon Section with the rest of us. Can We?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @4.2    6 years ago

Hey....if it's good enough for me it should be good enough for him!

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    6 years ago

Well since god will most likely not be handing out any wings to him, perhaps this is the only method he has for getting closer to the sun. Take pity on the poor charlatan.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  luther28 @5    6 years ago

I don't pity fools or charlatans.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.1.1  luther28  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    6 years ago

Oh come on now, be nice perhaps he'll give you a ride :)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

But such a jet will take him closer to heaven, will it not?  Just listen to this music as you gaze at the luxury of this "heavenly" airplane:

0871566.jpg?v=v40

gc-prive-jets-heavy-private-jet-dassault-falcon-7x-06.jpg

The last verse of the hymn "Nearer My God to Thee":

Or, if on joyful wing, cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon and stars forgot, upwards I fly,
Still all my song shall be,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee...

He's actually being pretty modest - I think his contributers are probably naive and gullible enough to buy him a Boeing 777.  

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
8  magnoliaave    6 years ago

There are no words to describe this man.  If he does not collect $54 million to buy this plane, then, he will just pocket the money that is raised. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  magnoliaave @8    6 years ago

Send him the money, all of it in unrolled pennies.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.1    6 years ago

Agreed! Thumbs Up 2

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    6 years ago

I have posted this before, but this seems massively appropriate for this topic.   Here is Ken Copeland and Jesse Duplantis attempting to justify their jets back in 2015.   This is beyond disgusting to watch - it sickens me to think that people are this gullible.   

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @10    6 years ago

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1    6 years ago

Voted you up anyway--------but that tale is false.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
10.3  MonsterMash  replied to  TᵢG @10    6 years ago

At least Copeland is wearing a clowns shirt.laughing dude

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11  Freefaller    6 years ago

But but but if he has this plane he'll be able to pass his followers prayers directly to gods ear.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12  Raven Wing    6 years ago

I posted a comment about this last evening in another Seed.

This would have been his 4th such plane,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You know I’ve owned three different jets in my life and used them and used them and just burning them up for the Lord,” Duplantis says in a   video   posted to his ministries’ website."

" “I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the earth today, he wouldn’t be riding a donkey,” Duplantis says in the video, “He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using Jesus as a good reason for buying this plane is likely a good ploy to convince his 'flock' that it is indeed a legitimate need. I can only imagine that he got the other ones using the same scam. He likely needs a newer faster way to visit his Mistress. 

Too Much Info  eek

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @12    6 years ago
"“I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the earth today, he wouldn’t be riding a donkey,” Duplantis says in the video, “He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

SKYPE is cheaper and can reach just as many people.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12.1    6 years ago

But does it have demon repellent?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
13  Skrekk    6 years ago
The problem with the previous jets, he says, is that they require multiple stops to refuel. But flying the Falcon 7X, Duplantis says, will allow him to save money and not pay “those exorbitant prices with jet fuel all over the world.” 

In other words, "I can fleece gullible people more efficiently with a new plane."

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
14  Save Me Jebus    6 years ago

Where can I send donations to? I have small kids that need new shoes, but this man certainly needs it more. Hallelujah!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
14.1  cjcold  replied to  Save Me Jebus @14    6 years ago

Just send donations to me and I'll see they go to the correct account.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
15  magnoliaave    6 years ago

Why should any of us even care if he gets a fleet of airplanes?  And, if his congregation has no problem, then, why should anyone spend their time talking about it?

It is bizarre! 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  magnoliaave @15    6 years ago

You don't care if someone uses your religion to bilk people out of money they often can't afford to give?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
15.1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1    6 years ago

He does not represent my religion.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1    6 years ago
You don't care if someone uses your religion to bilk people out of money they of

As long as the con man promotes Trump in a favorable manner, the idiots will shell out whatever amount he needs, even if it means they and their children have to do without their necessities. After all, God is on Trump's side. Right?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  magnoliaave @15.1.1    6 years ago

He's certainly making ample use of it.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
15.1.4  magnoliaave  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1.3    6 years ago

How is that?  Believing in God is not a religion.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  magnoliaave @15.1.4    6 years ago

Sure, so long as you reject recognized definitions of "religion".

I guess immorality just bothers some people more than others.  Not especially surprising, I guess.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
15.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @15.1.2    6 years ago

I don't give a shit about Trump, but what possessed you to bring him into this article when it has absolutely nothing to do with him, and nowhere is he mentioned or even alluded to? Is it some kind of obsession?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @15.1.6    6 years ago
Is it some kind of obsession?

Not with me. But, why else, other than using the word Jesus, would these people gladly allow themselves to be fleeced for such a huge amount. We also know that the majority of the Televangelists and Evangelists think they can get away with such huge scams if they did not know they had the support of someone the majority of their people would support as well, enough so that they would be willing to hand over the money to people like Duplantis at their own expense. Trump is willing to turn a blind eye to their scams as long as they support him. Which the majority do. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
15.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @15.1.7    6 years ago

Off Topic {SP}

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @15.1.8    6 years ago

Buzz....if you are so displeased with my prior comment, then flag it. I am sure that the mods can find something wrong with it and delete it, which should make you happy. And I am sorry that I didn't get your permission to post it first. Next time, I will remember to seek your permission before I post anything here on NT. /s

cjcold
Professor Quiet
15.1.10  cjcold  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1    6 years ago

Go to Mexico on occasion and marvel at what these poor folk spend on their churches.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
15.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @15.1.9    6 years ago

I didn't flag it. I didn't disagree with your posting it. I just indicated that just as its your privilege to post anything at all, it is mine as well. You seem to judge my comments pretty well, here and elsewhere, so why shouldn't I be able to agree with what you do and do the same as you. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @15.1.11    6 years ago
so why shouldn't I be able to agree with what you do and do the same as you.

What are you saying? I have no objection to our posting anything that you want to post here on NT, just like I do. I'm not the author or seeder of this or any other article/seed here on NT. Unlike some here on NT who think they rule the site, I don't tell others what they can and can't post. And if I don't like what someone posts, I have the right to voice my opinion, just like they do. 

I have never said that you can or can't post anything you wish, nor do I oppose it. However, I do have the right voice my opinion or POV regarding what you might post, the same as you do with my comments. And I vote up a lot of your comments and posts as I agree with them, even if I don't post a comment at that time. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
15.1.13  MonsterMash  replied to  Raven Wing @15.1.9    6 years ago

Author called off topic  {SP}

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.14  Raven Wing  replied to  MonsterMash @15.1.13    6 years ago

BlahBlahBlah

epistte
Junior Guide
15.1.15  epistte  replied to  magnoliaave @15.1.1    6 years ago

This mans actions are representative of many evangelical Christians ministers. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.16  Raven Wing  replied to  epistte @15.1.15    6 years ago
This mans actions are representative of many evangelical Christians ministers

I remember my Mother telling about the time when she was about 16 that she went to evening service at a Evangelist church with a Friend from School. Most families didn't have much money and it was just after WWII started and rationing was put in place. Most of the people worked on the local farms that didn't pay that well. But, their hearts were in the right place as they said.

Well, Mother said the Pastor told the congregation that he needed a new car, and they passed the plates. After a few minutes, the Pastor said he still needed more money, and they passed the plates again. By this time, it was snowing outside and it was already dark. Finally the Pastor stood up and in a very angry voice told the Ushers to lock the doors, then told the congregation that no one would be allowed to leave until they gave him the amount of money he need for his new car. Many of the congregation didn't even have money to buy themselves a car, but, now they had to buy the Pastor one. After the doors were locked and the Pastor made his demand, my Mother was really angry. 

Her Father owned two small businesses in town, and her Mother worked the switchboard at the local police station. The Pastor was relatively new and not that well acquainted with all the local people. My Mother stood up and told the Pastor who she was, and that he best unlock the doors and not hold the people hostage for more money they didn't have to give, or she would report him to the local police Chief. Hearing this he had the doors unlocked and told the people they could go. 

After my Mother and her Friend left the church, still angry, my Mother went home and told her Mother what had happened. The next morning her Mother told the police Chief and he told the officers to arrest the Pastor. However, when they went to the Pastor's home he had already left town with all the money he had collected. The Police Chief called the police depts in the towns nearby and told them to look out for the Pastor and arrest him. Well it happened that the Pastor had a flat tire and the officers of another small town in the area found him and arrested him. 

Seems that, perhaps his God stepped in and decided to give his a lesson on what not to do to others.

And this was not the first such story that I heard over the years. And I found a Pentecostal church I attended once was about the same, only the Pastor didn't lock the doors. Being as my Father was a Texas Ranger at the time, it would not have gone well for him if he had.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15.1.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  Raven Wing @15.1.16    6 years ago

A few years back, a big church opened in our area, with a pastor from elsewhere.  He bought a tiny local TV station, and then didn't make the payments on time, so the seller sued.  He played the "man of god" card - couldn't understand why a man of god was being chased for money he owed but wasn't paying.  Wasn't his word enough?  Oddly enough, his word didn't pay the seller's bills.  The pastor declared bankruptcy, and some of his more unfortunate friends lost money they'd fronted for him to buy the TV station.

Not long after, his church went bankrupt, but he'd already jumped ship.  He offered to buy back the land at about 20% of fair market value.  Nifty way to turn a profit, if it had been allowed to go through, but it wasn't.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.18  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1.17    6 years ago

Yeah...sounds very much like the "God" games many of them like to play. They do all kinds of crap in the name of "God" and try to see how much they can get away with by making that ploy. and it is not just any one brand of churches that play that game. And many of them are real offenders of the Godly stuff they preach. One such Preacher was married with 3 kids, and 4 mistresses his wife did not know about at the time. However, the congregation found our about them before the wife did. As in many cases, the wife was the last to find out. He had also borrowed a good deal of money in order to support his 4 mistresses which he could not pay back. And when the mistresses found out about each other, that as a whole 'nuther ballgame. His "God" id not take pity on him, and neither did his wife. devil

charger 383
Professor Silent
15.1.19  charger 383  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1.17    6 years ago

I remember that and the former religious TV station is now a brewery 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.1.20  Raven Wing  replied to  charger 383 @15.1.19    6 years ago
I remember that and the former religious TV station is now a brewery

Finally doing something worthwhile, eh? chuckle

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15.1.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  charger 383 @15.1.19    6 years ago

That's right - I'd forgotten that's where the TV station used to be.  Still haven't tried out the brewery.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
15.1.22  Freefaller  replied to  sandy-2021492 @15.1.17    6 years ago
and some of his more unfortunate friends lost money they'd fronted for him to buy the TV station.

That sounds awful similar to something one of my Dads friends got caught up in, was this down in Florida?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15.1.23  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freefaller @15.1.22    6 years ago

No, Virginia.  But this guy has been all over the country starting up churches, so who knows?  Could be.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
17  bbl-1    6 years ago

Copeland, Duplantis and all of the rest.  The pews in their mega-churches are filled to the brim with Trumpian flotsam.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1  Raven Wing  replied to  bbl-1 @17    6 years ago

Indeed they likely are.  And Copeland, Duplantis and all of the rest were likely Obama worshipers while he was the occupant of the WH and Oval office as well. Now that Trump is the power to be worshiped, they will all switch their devotion to Trump. And so on with the next person who occupies the Oval office whatever political party they are from. The Ring Masters know their audiences very well, and will send in as many clowns and balloons as needed to make them happy, no matter who it is at the moment. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
17.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Raven Wing @17.1    6 years ago

Author called off topic  {SP}

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  MonsterMash @17.1.1    6 years ago
Removed for context

Obviously you did not see the /s at the end of my comment regarding what you mentioned.  I know Buzz got it, but, it looks like YOU didn't. It was not meant to be a promise either, as no where did I say "I promise".

Buzz and I are good Friends, and we play around like this all the time. But, obviously, you are merely looking for something to start a flame war. Sorry, but, I don't play those kind of games.

So... go look for someone else who will gladly play your game.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
17.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @17.1.2    6 years ago

On that, I absolutely agree. I consider Raven Wing a VERY good friend, and one of the best contributors on NT, not only for her comments but also her creative talent. Sometimes we have actually disagreed, but it has not affected our relationship.  I don't want any friends who aren't honest with me, and Raven Wing tells it like it is and that's why I respect her and like her as much as I do. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
17.1.4  MonsterMash  replied to  Raven Wing @17.1.2    6 years ago

Lighten up, I was just joking. I made a mistake I thought you said " I promise" you actually said " I will remember to seek your permission before I post anything here on NT. /s"  You didn't ask for Buzz's permission before you made another comment so it's more of going back on your word than a broken promise even if you meant it in jest.

As I said I was joking with you. I'm sorry you thought I was serious. There wasn't a reason for you to get so defensive.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
17.1.5  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @17.1.3    6 years ago
On that, I absolutely agree. I consider Raven Wing a VERY good friend

Two VERY good friends constantly slamming each other and getting violations for making comments directed at each other, that's a strange way to show friendship.  laughing dude

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @17.1.3    6 years ago

Thumbs Up 2  thumbs up

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  MonsterMash @17.1.5    6 years ago
that's a strange way to show friendship.

Maybe to you, but, Buzz and I have known each other for a very long time and know each other very well. What may seem strange to you is nothing new to us, and our bantering with each other is part of our Friendship. And as Buzz said, we may not always agree at times, but, they have no affect on our Friendship, as not all Friends always agree, but, still respect each other. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  MonsterMash @17.1.4    6 years ago
I'm sorry you thought I was serious.

Apology accepted. I'm also sorry that I misunderstood your meaning. No harm done. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
17.1.9  MonsterMash  replied to  Raven Wing @17.1.8    6 years ago
Apology accepted. I'm also sorry that I misunderstood your meaning. No harm done
I aslo accept your apology Big hugs Friends?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
17.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @17.1.5    6 years ago

Hey MM. you're a good friend as well. I understood that your comment was not a serious criticism.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.11  Raven Wing  replied to  MonsterMash @17.1.9    6 years ago
I aslo accept your apology Friends?

Friends indeed. Happy

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
17.1.12  bbl-1  replied to  Raven Wing @17.1    6 years ago

I doubt your assertion.  Fetal tissue and gay fear is the heart of modern day christianity.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.13  Raven Wing  replied to  bbl-1 @17.1.12    6 years ago

Not sure what you are referring to, bbl-1. Can you be a bit more clear what your comment is about?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
17.1.14  bbl-1  replied to  Raven Wing @17.1.13    6 years ago

The evangelical crowd never embraced the Obama's. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
17.1.15  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @17.1.14    6 years ago

Referring to your comment in 17.1.

JBB
Professor Principal
17.1.16  seeder  JBB  replied to  bbl-1 @17.1.14    6 years ago
The evangelical crowd never embraced the Obama's.

That right there is my nomination for The Understatement of the Century...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.17  Raven Wing  replied to  bbl-1 @17.1.15    6 years ago

Ahhh....Okay. Thanks for the referral.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
18  Larry Hampton    6 years ago

What a coincidence! I was raising money for one of these...

groundtoair.jpeg

;~)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
18.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Larry Hampton @18    6 years ago
What a coincidence! I was raising money for one of these...

What did your congregation tell you? winking

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Larry Hampton @18    6 years ago

Two questions:

Where are planning on aiming it?

And where do I send my 5 dollars?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
18.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Release The Kraken @18.2.1    6 years ago
Larry is going to end up on the No Fly list......ooops.

You mean......his wife is going to sew up the flys on all his underwear?

chuckle

LynneA
Freshman Silent
18.3  LynneA  replied to  Larry Hampton @18    6 years ago

Ah yes...the satan seeker missile.  P.O. box for donations or are you "Go Funding" on FB?  LOL

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
18.3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  LynneA @18.3    6 years ago

laughing dude

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
19  1ofmany    6 years ago

He could avoid the spotlight, spend much less money, and still fly like a king by chartering private jets like Hillaey did, paid for directly or indirectly by the suckers (I mean donors) who poured cash into her foundation. But honestly, if people want to pay for either of them to fly around the world on private jets, that’s their business not mine. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
19.1  sixpick  replied to  1ofmany @19    6 years ago

Well, contrary to what seems to be popular belief, this isn't about being a Trumpster.  Just because there are some atheist and religious people here who feel superior to others doesn't mean there aren't a lot of suckers on both sides of the isle in this case.  In fact most of the people who follow these types of people are the same kind of people who believe they should live their lives like Jesus did. 

They are generally of tender heart and I wouldn't say weak mind, but obviously gullible.  We certainly don't have many Trumpsters in Mexico and quite a few of the poorer people in the south are not republicans as well.  

I know of a particular church where the majority of the congregation are Democrats and I mean the kind of Democrats that actually are quite displeased with themselves if they do anything wrong or criticize anyone's faults.  They are very forgiving for the most part and would be the kind of people who would love to play a part in the "Spreading of the Word of God".  They would also be inclined to reach deep into their pockets to support some of these preachers in their so-called endeavor to travel the world and help others.  Sound familiar. 

By contrast the sensible people will worship their Lord as they see Him, but will have the common sense to recognized frauds when they see them.  They won't be reaching in their pockets so deep and will realize you can't save the world, but you can be saved.  I would say they balance their beliefs with reality and are satisfied to have helped some, but remember it is not their responsibility to save the world, but to live a good life and treat others as they would want to be treated.

Even the Conservative Atheists are somewhat like the Conservative Christians.  They are concerned with their lives, not the lives of their neighbors, but the lives that really matter, the ones they can touch and help mold into productive citizens without conflicts and desires to change the world or their neighbors lives.  They are not critical of each other, but accept we all are different in many ways, but it is not their responsibility to force others to accept anything they don't want to accept.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
19.1.1  1ofmany  replied to  sixpick @19.1    6 years ago

Many of the people who would describe this preacher as a fraud and his supporters as gullible are, themselves, gullible believers in someone or something else that I think is foolish (whether it’s religious, political, social etc). If they keep their belief to themselves, then it’s none of my business and they are free to be fools. However, if they attempt to draw me into their foolishness either directly or indirectly, then I have something to say.

In this case, the preacher didn’t defraud anybody. He told his followers exactly what he wanted, why he wanted it, and how much it costs. I really don’t care what this preacher believes or where he flies or who helps him get there or what he says to those who will listen. He hasn’t asked me for a penny and, if he ever does, I’ll tell him why he’s not getting it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
19.2  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @19    6 years ago
'He could avoid the spotlight, spend much less money, and still fly like a king by chartering private jets like Hillaey did, paid for directly or indirectly by the suckers (I mean donors)'

Oh FFS - what does Hillary have to do with this?

Pedro
Professor Participates
20  Pedro    6 years ago

I'd settle for a Cessna personally. That way outrageous fuel costs AND costs to my parishioners are reduced. :)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Pedro @20    6 years ago

Good choice! I rode in one of those once.

epistte
Junior Guide
20.2  epistte  replied to  Pedro @20    6 years ago
I'd settle for a Cessna personally. That way outrageous fuel costs AND costs to my parishioners are reduced.

A Citation or a 172

Pedro
Professor Participates
20.2.1  Pedro  replied to  epistte @20.2    6 years ago

Dunno. It's more of a speculative purchase.

epistte
Junior Guide
20.2.2  epistte  replied to  Pedro @20.2.1    6 years ago
Dunno. It's more of a speculative purchase.

If I had Warren Buffet level of money I'd buy a Netjets timeshare rather than to deal with the hassles of owning my own jet.

Pedro
Professor Participates
20.2.3  Pedro  replied to  epistte @20.2.2    6 years ago

That is sensible.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  epistte @20.2.2    6 years ago

If I had Warren Buffet's money, I'd prefer to travel the world in this:

yacht-2.jpg

You once did a great article on what you would choose if you could afford it.

Pedro
Professor Participates
21  Pedro    6 years ago

So, if the jet crashes, does that mean God doesn't approve?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
21.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Pedro @21    6 years ago
So, if the jet crashes, does that mean God doesn't approve?

I think it would mean that it intruded on His space and He smacked it back down.

Too Much Info

Pedro
Professor Participates
21.1.1  Pedro  replied to  Raven Wing @21.1    6 years ago

Makes sense. :)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
22  MrFrost    6 years ago

Isn't that the same jet Jesus used? 

epistte
Junior Guide
22.1  epistte  replied to  MrFrost @22    6 years ago