Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned $82 million last year

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned $82 million last year
Via:   galen-marvin-ross
Created:   2 weeks ago
Comments:   124

Tags

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By The Washington Post
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, the president's daughter and son-in-law, brought in at least $82 million in outside income while serving as senior White House advisers during 2017, according to new financial disclosure forms released Monday (June 12).
Ivanka Trump earned $3.9 million from her stake in the Trump International Hotel in Washington, while Kushner reported over $5 million in income from Quail Ridge, a Kushner Cos. apartment complex acquired last year in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
The filings show how the couple are collecting immense sums from other enterprises while serving in the White House, an extraordinary income flow that ethics experts have warned could create potential conflicts of interests.
While both Kushner and Ivanka Trump were required to file financial forms last year, it is difficult to compare their past to present wealth because there are several months of overlap in the reporting period and the Office of Government Ethics uses broad ranges to calculate assets and liabilities.
In an email statement, Peter Mirijanian -- a spokesman for Abbe Lowell, Kushner's and Ivanka Trump's ethics counsel -- said that the couple have followed all ethics rules and that Monday's disclosures are an insufficient way to understand the nuances of their net worth.

"Since joining the administration, Mr. Kushner and Ms. Trump have complied with the rules and restrictions as set out by the Office of Government Ethics," Mirijanian said. "As to the current filing which OGE also reviews, their net worth remains largely the same, with changes reflecting more the way the form requires disclosure than any substantial difference in assets or liabilities."
The new filings reflect a change in the structure of Ivanka Trump's payments from limited liability companies affiliated with the Trump Organization. Trump will now receive guaranteed fixed yearly payments instead of payments determined by profits from T International Realty LLC, TTT Consulting LLC, and TTTT Venture LLC -- which are LLCs tied to some of the Trump Organization's international developments. The yearly payments will total $1.5 million, according to the filings, which was a change made in consultation with Office of Government Ethics officials to reduce her "interest in the performance of the business."
Ivanka Trump also reported over $2 million from severance from the Trump Corp. in 2017. Her father was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2017, and Ivanka Trump officially joined the White House as an unpaid senior adviser in March 2017, after her initial attempts to serve as an informal adviser raised ethics questions. Trump was paid a $289,300 advance by Penguin Random House for her book, "Women Who Work."

Kushner disclosed that he had failed to report several stakes in limited liability companies -- including Vegas Seven, which is a Las Vegas online news publication, and the Veggie Grill, a restaurant in Manhattan Beach, California. The filing noted that Kushner divested his stakes before joining the White House but did not report the assets previously because of an accounting oversight.
While Kushner has resigned from 260 corporate positions and no longer has any role in running his family's real estate company, he has repeatedly been subject to public scrutiny over the perception that he has not done enough to draw lines between his private business interests and his sprawling portfolio of West Wing responsibilities.

Kushner Cos. has reported more than $2 billion in transactions in the past two years, including developments in Times Square and Jersey City A Washington Post analysis of his holdings last year showed that Kushner had retained roughly 90 percent of his real estate holdings.
Before entering the White House, Kushner sold his stake in 666 Fifth Ave., the Kushner Cos.' Manhattan building plagued by debt that exceeded $1 billion, to a trust controlled by his mother. (Kushner is not a beneficiary of the trust.)
In a wide-ranging interview in late May with the Real Deal, a New York City real estate publication, Kushner's father derided ethics watchdogs as "jerks" who "can't get a real job" and suggested that the criticism may discourage rich and successful people from taking government positions.

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_profile_id: user_id parameter required
Galen Marvin Ross
1  Galen Marvin Ross    2 weeks ago

So, according to the story it is illegal for a federal employee to make money on the side this way. Whether Ivanka and, Jared are getting paid or, not they are federal employees when they work in the White House for the president, even if that president is their "Daddy".

Texan1211
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    2 weeks ago

Point out where in your story it say anything that they did was illegal.

Anything at all.

prove it.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    2 weeks ago

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/restrictions-gifts-federal-employees-46809.html

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/01/20/media-should-report-president-trump-violating-constitution-and-its-impeachable-offense/215063

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-judge-hears-arguments-about-trump-and-emoluments-clause/ar-AAylK66

https://knpr.org/npr/2018-06/trump-organization-deals-asia-fuel-debate-emoluments-lawsuit

As long as Ivanka and, Jared work for the president and, have a connection to business's that receive gifts from a foreign government they are violating the law, the trademarks that Ivanka's business have received from China is a violation, the money she receives from Trump International in Washington is a violation.

Texan1211
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.1    2 weeks ago

Hmmmmm..I have looked, and looked, and looked.

Still can't find ONE word about any "illegal" activities in your posted seed, Didn't you say that YOUR seeded story said it?

All I asked was for you to point it out in your seeded story, When will you be able to do that?

Is that too much to ask? After all, I am just going by YOUR claim.

I don't want deflections--I simply want what I asked you--to prove your claim that the story you seeded said it.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    2 weeks ago
Hmmmmm..I have looked, and looked, and looked. Still can't find ONE word about any "illegal" activities in your posted seed, Didn't you say that YOUR seeded story said it? All I asked was for you to point it out in your seeded story, When will you be able to do that? Is that too much to ask? After all, I am just going by YOUR claim. I don't want deflections--I simply want what I asked you--to prove your claim that the story you seeded said it.

What you need to do is learn a little something about emoluments and, federal employee's but, since you wear Trump blinders you won't see it,

Texan1211
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.3    2 weeks ago

Off topic. Removed - PRF

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    2 weeks ago

It took you three posts to make it personal, don't come back to any of my seeds, even if it's something you agree with.

Texan1211
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.5    2 weeks ago

No value. Removed - PRF

Texan1211
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.3    2 weeks ago

I asked a very simple question--based on what YOU posted.

Sorry, but getting mad because someone questions you is counterproductive to an open forum like this.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    2 weeks ago
I asked a very simple question--based on what YOU posted. Sorry, but getting mad because someone questions you is counterproductive to an open forum like this.

Then read the links I provided, they give the information you wanted.

Texan1211
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.8    one week ago

No, I simply asked you to prove what you stated--that according to the story you posted, it was illegal.

Please point that out IN THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED. Not a bunch of OTHER stories hastily gathered to prove some vague point that no one asked you about.

WHAT LINE IN YOUR SEEDED ARTICLE SAYS ANYTHING ILLEGAL OCCURRED?

Tessylo
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.8    one week ago
'Then read the links I provided, they give the information you wanted.'

He'll just dispute and dismiss.  

Texan1211
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    one week ago

What I disputed--since obviously you didn't bother to read the entire exchange--is that he provided what I asked for, and what HE claimed was in the original article he seeded.

Now, I have never expected you to read anything before, despite your posts on the subject matter, but can you leave me out of it?

If you have something to say about me, say it TO me. Don't pussyfoot around it.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    one week ago

Didn't I tell you to stay off of my articles?

Texan1211
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.13    one week ago

How about this:

I will stay off your seeded articles. I won't respond to any post you make anywhere.

You don't reply to any of my posts anywhere. 

Deal?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    one week ago

He's good at that, as you can see he would rather not look at what I provided and, wants to start an argument on a false premise, I've asked him not to "grace" my articles with his presence any longer but, as you can see, he is ignoring that.

Texan1211
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.15    one week ago

Do we have a deal or not?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.17  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.16    one week ago

Check your mail.

lennylynx
1.1.18  lennylynx  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.17    one week ago

You mean, you and Tex are...SPLITTING UP??  crying

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.19  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.18    one week ago
You mean, you and Tex are...SPLITTING UP??

Lenny, like I use to tell my kids, stay out of grown folks business.

Texan1211
1.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.17    one week ago

Nothing in it. Sorry.'

Just tell me.

Texan1211
1.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.18    one week ago

Skirting the CoC/ taunting [ph]

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.21    one week ago

No, I told you to get the fuck off of my articles, it seems you don't understand English.

Texan1211
1.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.22    one week ago

Skirting the CoC /taunting [ph]

Texan, please stay off of this article. In the future either come to have a discussion about the topic.Any further comment will get you a suspension. 

Greg Jones
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    2 weeks ago
they are federal employees when they work in the White House for the president,

No they are not federal employees. I'm sure all their activities are scrutinized by the lawyers. Please quit posting fake news trivia.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    2 weeks ago
No they are not federal employees. I'm sure all their activities are scrutinized by the lawyers. Please quit posting fake news trivia.

Ivanka Trump will take an official government role as an unpaid adviser to her father US President Donald Trump, the White House announced on Wednesday.
The first daughter, whose husband Jared Kushner also works as a senior advisor to the president, will not receive a salary for her work as a federal employee. Kushner, a real estate developer, is also unpaid.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/ivanka-trump-president-adviser-170330043937842.html

Of course why should they get paid by our government when they can get perks from foreign governments that earn them 82 million a year. Notice though, in the statement above it says they are advisors to the president, which unpaid or, paid, that makes them GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

Landshark
1.3  Landshark  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    2 weeks ago

I don't see anything illegal mentioned in the article. Show me the pay for play and I'll bitch as much as anyone.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Landshark @1.3    2 weeks ago
I don't see anything illegal mentioned in the article. Show me the pay for play and I'll bitch as much as anyone.

Then you need to open your eyes and, reread it. They receive money from Trump International in Washington, D.C. a place were foreign government officials stay, that money goes into their pockets, Ivanka just received 7 trademarks in China and, daddy lifted the sanctions on ZTE at the same time, kind of strange don't you think?

Eagle Averro
1.3.2  Eagle Averro  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.1    2 weeks ago
at the same time, kind of strange don't you think?

E.A   May I Hazard a guess??

If the Money they get is from a Trust or Company incorporated in the USA, then where the Company gets the Funds is irrelevant if it has been legally obtained and Taxed, right?

Eagle Averro
1.3.3  Eagle Averro  replied to  Eagle Averro @1.3.2    2 weeks ago
has been legally obtained and Taxed, right?

E.A as an example you get Dividends from " Bank Of America " you can not as an individual be held liable for the Bank

Landshark
1.3.4  Landshark  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.1    2 weeks ago

Trump International is irrelevant and you know it.  They lose just as much as they gain.  I'm sure you are aware of that.

Plus, ZTE wasn't quid pro quo for Ivanka.

Deleted, skirting  {SP}

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Landshark @1.3.4    2 weeks ago
Trump International is irrelevant and you know it. They lose just as much as they gain. I'm sure you are aware of that.

Truth is, 4 million of the money Ivanka earned came from the Trump International in Washington, you would have known that if you had read the story.

Plus, ZTE wasn't quid pro quo for Ivanka.

Strange that until Trump started talking about lifting the sanctions on ZTE and, how "job poor" the Chinese were Ivanka couldn't get her trademarks in China, then all of a sudden she could.

Texan1211
1.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Landshark @1.3.4    one week ago

Skirting the CoC/ taunting [ph]

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.7    one week ago

Get out of my articles.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.7    one week ago

Get out of my articles.

Texan1211
1.3.10  Texan1211  replied to  Landshark @1.3    one week ago

There isn't.

JohnRussell
2  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

How much did they give to charity?   "Greed is good"

Texan1211
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 weeks ago

Not really any of YOUR business, is it?

It is THEIR Money to do with as they wish.

Don't you do what you want with YOUR money?

Galen Marvin Ross
2.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 weeks ago

Go away, you aren't welcome on my seeds.

JohnRussell
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 weeks ago

If I made 80 million dollars in one year and didnt give a large portion of it to charity everyone I know , including me, should be ashamed of me. 

Texan1211
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

Taunting. Removed - PRF

Texan1211
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 weeks ago

That's you.

You have no right to decide what other people do with THEIR money.

JohnRussell
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 weeks ago

I don't have the power to make them give to charity. 

I certainly do have the right to say that they should. 

You seem to be off your game. Again. 

Texan1211
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    2 weeks ago

No Value, {SP}

XDm9mm
2.1.7  XDm9mm  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    2 weeks ago

Author called Off topic  {SP}

Dean Moriarty
2.1.8  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 weeks ago

If you owned a business you would know most of the money will be reinvested in the business or it will die. I run into the same situation where the profit from the business is reported on my personal income tax but most of that isn’t going into my pocket. It has to do with the way the lawyers and accountants structure the businesses with limited liability corporations and sub S corporations vs the traditional C corporations. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_corporation

Galen Marvin Ross
2.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1.8    2 weeks ago

The 4 million that came from the Trump International in Washington was Ivanka's share of the profits, after all bills had been paid, the 82 million total that Ivanka and, Jared claimed were their actual earnings, in fact they gave a range of earnings from 82 million to 240 million so, the 82 million is a conservative number of net earnings from them.

Tessylo
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    one week ago
'You seem to be off your game. Again.'

laughing dude

XDm9mm
2.2  XDm9mm  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 weeks ago

In short, none of your business.

Much like it's none of my business how much you do or don't give.

Deleted, skirting  {SP}

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

I really question their effect as "presidential advisers" though, truth be told. Donald Trump does what HE wants to do and I doubt if either the princess or his son in law have had much real effect on him since he took office. The president* is in a zone of narcissism and megalomania that America has never seen before. 

Texan1211
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 weeks ago

Is this about Ivanka and Jared or Donald?

JohnRussell
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    2 weeks ago

No value. Removed - PRF

JohnRussell
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    2 weeks ago
Is this about Ivanka and Jared or Donald?

The first sentence of the article refers to them being "senior white house advisers". Their role as advisers to President* Trump is clearly relevant to the seeded article. 

XDm9mm
3.2  XDm9mm  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 weeks ago

Deleted, skirting  {SP}

I will submit that regardless of their 'titles' or official positions within the administration, the opinions of both Ivanka and Jared are valued by the President who knows them for longer than virtually all others around him now.  In one case, let's face it, he's known Ivanka her entire life and knows well her values and ideals.

Galen Marvin Ross
3.2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2    2 weeks ago
I will submit that regardless of their 'titles' or official positions within the administration, the opinions of both Ivanka and Jared are valued by the President who knows them for longer than virtually all others around him now.

That isn't the issue, the issue is that of the income they are making OUTSIDE of the federal system through the hotel that they own in Washington from foreign lobbyists.

Greg Jones
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.2.1    2 weeks ago
the issue is that of the income they are making OUTSIDE of the federal system through the hotel that they own in Washington from foreign lobbyists

Not true. It's all perfectly legal and above board.

Galen Marvin Ross
3.2.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    2 weeks ago

Then why are the Trumps being investigated for breaking the Emoluments Clause?

Tessylo
3.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2    one week ago
'In one case, let's face it, he's known Ivanka her entire life and knows well her values and ideals.'

He's known Ivanka intimately since the age of 12.  Daddy dearest.  

It Is ME
3.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.2.3    one week ago
Then why are the Trumps being investigated for breaking the Emoluments Clause?

Because their last name is Trump.

It Is ME
3.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.4    one week ago
He's known Ivanka intimately since the age of 12.

Link ?

Tessylo
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.5    one week ago
'Because their last name is Trump'

No, because they are breaking the Emoluments Clause

DUH

It Is ME
3.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.7    one week ago
No, because they are breaking the Emoluments Clause

Are they ?

Maybe we should look into the likes of millionaires Schumer, Pelosi and Feinstein too ?

ALL Politicians for that matter.

dave-2693993
3.2.9  dave-2693993  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.8    one week ago
ALL Politicians for that matter.

There's an idea.

It Is ME
3.2.10  It Is ME  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.2.9    one week ago
There's an idea.

I don't think this country can handle an election cycle that big. confused

dave-2693993
3.2.11  dave-2693993  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.10    one week ago

JMO, our politics is well into the "Houston, we have a problem" territory. It has taken longer than a single election cycle to get us here too. If it can be corrected, most likely more than a single election cycle is needed to do so.

As it is, IMO, the very fabric of our system is in trouble.

It Is ME
3.2.12  It Is ME  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.2.11    one week ago
the very fabric of our system is in trouble.

There seems to be someone in there weeding out both sides, and folks don't like it. Maybe those folks should give him some more time. winking

Galen Marvin Ross
3.2.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.5    one week ago
Because their last name is Trump.

That's bullshit and, you know it.

Galen Marvin Ross
4  Galen Marvin Ross    2 weeks ago

Actually, it's about all three of them, since the whole Trump clan that are working in the White House have to follow federal law.

Greg Jones
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4    2 weeks ago
have to follow federal law.

List the law...chapter and verse.

Galen Marvin Ross

It Is ME
5  It Is ME    2 weeks ago

"and the Office of Government Ethics uses broad ranges to calculate assets and liabilities."

Maybe they should "Narrow" their ranges then ?

It might bring in to light, quite a few Congressman/women dealings though, if they did that. winking

Ender
6  Ender    2 weeks ago

What got me was her interview where she coyly states that they are forgoing their salary, acting innocent and as they are making no money at all. Meanwhile they are making money at an unbelievable rate.

Crooked grifters. All of them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/07/cozy-land-deals-meant-big-money-trump-family-and-friends/677126002/

The purchase of three properties by President Trump’s son-in-law on the banks of a toxic Brooklyn canal triggered a series of unusual real estate deals and a windfall profit from transactions financed by a bank tied to the Trump family.

The property transactions totaling more than $150 million began in late 2014 and early 2015 and included sales prices well above the assessed value of the parcels, as well as high-risk loans that experts said raise red flags. At the center of each deal is either Jared Kushner or Michael Cohen

The transactions were financed through Signature Bank, one of three banks whose ties to Kushner have been widely reported to be under review by New York banking regulators. The bank’s board members have included Ivanka Trump and former Republican U.S. senator Al D’Amato, a dealmaker and power broker in New York business and politics who has been a vocal supporter of President Trump.

Ivanka, Jared, Cohen, all involved in shady deals that over valued and artificially inflated prices. They have been caught lying and manipulating the system many times. I swear, they are like the mafia that cannot get caught.

Then again, it was simple tax evasion that finally brought down Capone.

XDm9mm
6.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Ender @6    2 weeks ago

When you have the wealth they do, any public salary is a pittance.  Besides, they DO make so much that unless they spent it foolishly, they could never spend all they make.

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1    2 weeks ago
Besides, they DO make so much that unless they spent it foolishly, they could never spend all they make.

And, when you have a government job, like they do, it is illegal to take money from a foreign government, which all three of them are doing.

A. Macarthur
6.1.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1    2 weeks ago
When you have the wealth they do, any public salary is a pittance.  Besides, they DO make so much that unless they spent it foolishly, they could never spend all they make.

Not the point; the work as advisors to the POTUS and consequently, are involved in conflicts-of-interests which could easily be used to influence policy not in the best interest of America.

conflict of interest (COI) is a situation in which a person or organization is involved in multiple interestsfinancial or otherwise, and serving one interest could involve working against another. Typically, this relates to situations in which the personal interest of an individual or organization might adversely affect a duty owed to make decisions for the benefit of a third party.

Greg Jones
6.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.1    2 weeks ago

Author called off topic  {SP}

Landshark
6.1.4  Landshark  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.1.2    2 weeks ago

So are you trying to tell us that WH advisers  are only allowed to become wealthy after they leave public service?

Ender
6.1.5  Ender  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1    2 weeks ago

trump has admitted that he manipulates the system. Now he can do so bigly.

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1    2 weeks ago
Besides, they DO make so much that unless they spent it foolishly, they could never spend all they make.

I guess that has happened, considering Trump has declared bankruptcy five times.

Landshark
6.1.7  Landshark  replied to  Ender @6.1.5    2 weeks ago

I would say he has exposed how the system can be manipulated and why almost all politicians are slimy D-Bags.

Landshark
6.1.9  Landshark  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.6    2 weeks ago

Do you have a problem with risk takers or just the BK laws.

Eagle Averro
6.1.10  Eagle Averro  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.6    2 weeks ago
considering Trump has declared bankruptcy five times.

E.A and Yet he was ably and won  a run for President, so the issue is?

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Landshark @6.1.9    2 weeks ago
Do you have a problem with risk takers or just the BK laws.

I have a problem with a douche bag that thinks he's better than anyone else and, is a racist, misogynistic, megalomaniac piece of shit. 

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Eagle Averro @6.1.10    2 weeks ago
a run for President, so the issue is?

He might be a Russian stooge and, he might have broken more laws than Al Capone to get to the White House and, make his money. Don't worry though, Mueller will find out.

Landshark
6.1.13  Landshark  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.11    2 weeks ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

I think what you really hate is he stands in the way of the the corrupt DC establishment.

Eagle Averro
6.1.14  Eagle Averro  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.12    2 weeks ago
He might be a Russian stooge and, he might have broken more laws than Al Capone to get to the White House and, make his money.

E.A  Mav Slow down and think, LAWS  works on what is PROVEN  not what Might eventuate, do you want laws that hold you liable for what Might occur sometimes in the Future?

Now if he and his family have been ably to set up a structure, that allows them to take the Office of President, what does that say? and hence what should be the FOCUS on?

Look at Rothschilds, Rockefeller, Citibank, …. want more?

arkpdx
6.1.15  arkpdx  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.6    2 weeks ago

Donald Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy. Ever .

Ender
6.1.16  Ender  replied to  Landshark @6.1.7    2 weeks ago

I agree about the slimy politicians, what I don't understand is why trump gets a pass.

XDm9mm
6.1.17  XDm9mm  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.1.2    2 weeks ago

Did you say the same thing when the Clintons were raking in the hundreds of millions and she was poised as the presumptive new president?  Or does your ire only lean to any on the right?

Hal A. Lujah
6.1.18  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ender @6.1.16    2 weeks ago

I agree about the slimy politicians, what I don't understand is why trump gets a pass.

Trump isn’t a politician, but he is plenty slimy.

Eagle Averro
6.1.19  Eagle Averro  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.15    2 weeks ago
Donald Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy. Ever

E.A If I may say that is an Excellent point,, By Setting up Companies, and make sure they are set up in the right way, they they are the " Fall Guys " and   smart players as you might have noticed By and Sell them regularly, and then Bankrupt them, so " Liabilities " come to an End, that is a world wide " Legal Loophole "as to do  away even with " Pension Liabilities " see how many Governments  have taken advantage of that!

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.20  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Eagle Averro @6.1.19    2 weeks ago
smart players as you might have noticed By and Sell them regularly, and then Bankrupt them, so " Liabilities " come to an End, that is a world wide " Legal Loophole "as to do

And, this is why Trump can't get a loan for a stick of gum in the United States and, why he has to go to country's like Russia to borrow money.

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.21  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.17    2 weeks ago

The Clintons aren't the topic of the seed, please stay on topic.

Eagle Averro
6.1.22  Eagle Averro  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.20    2 weeks ago
like Russia to borrow money.

E.A  did you miss the Point by intent or on purpose, is he a Millionaire? does he come to you or any one else begging for money?

If not then he does not need it, now as to the Companies that he is a Director off, should he not try to built? Invest, Incorporate, when and where it is legal for him to do so as a Director?

When he does and a building takes place, who are the workers, who benefits, if the company somehow avoids paying taxes, do the workers pay? who benefits from that?

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Eagle Averro @6.1.22    2 weeks ago
If not then he does not need it, now as to the Companies that he is a Director off, should he not try to built? Invest, Incorporate, when and where it is legal for him to do so as a Director?

This isn't an article about his past business practices, this is about what is going on right now, please don't derail the article.

Eagle Averro
6.1.24  Eagle Averro  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.23    2 weeks ago
This isn't an article about his past business practices, this is about what is going on right now, please don't derail the article.

E.A  Me " derail " I asked and responded to YOU, so how can that be " derail " but I will place this seed on " Ignore " many thanks!

A. Macarthur
6.1.25  A. Macarthur  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.17    2 weeks ago

Did you say the same thing when the Clintons were raking in the hundreds of millions and she was poised as the presumptive new president?  Or does your ire only lean to any on the right?

Did YOU? If so, if you're not outraged by Trump's use of the Presidency to enrich himself and his family, you're as hypocritical as those you imply are thus.

Dismayed Patriot
6.1.26  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Eagle Averro @6.1.19    2 weeks ago
smart players as you might have noticed By and Sell them regularly

So it's "smart" to intentionally set up a "fall guy" company that you can fraudulently "sell" investors on until they find out you were full of shit because nobodies "buying" it. So you are cheering on Donald Trump for screwing over lenders and workers who got paid pennies on the dollar what Trump had agreed to pay them after he took his $39 million in "consulting" fees and dumped the LLC letting it go bankrupt. Yeah, I'm sure that's how all businesses are supposed to be run, right? Just because he got away with it doesn't make it right. Just because a mobster has an underling murder his enemies and then take the fall for him doesn't make the mobster a "law abiding citizen". Donald Trump is as slimy as they come and wishes he could be more like the mobster Putin who has underlings assassinate political opponents, journalists and dissenters. Sad to see anyone defending these human pieces of garbage.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/15/investing/donald-trump-bankrupt-casino/index.html

Greg Jones
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @6    2 weeks ago
Ivanka, Jared, Cohen, all involved in shady deals that over valued and artificially inflated prices. They have been caught lying and manipulating the system many times. I swear, they are like the mafia that cannot get caught.

Pure speculation and sweeping generalizations. Please provide facts instead of feelings.

Ender
6.2.1  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    2 weeks ago
Pure speculation

Read the link.

sweeping generalizations

I don't think you know what that means.

Please provide facts instead of feelings

Again, read link.

Galen Marvin Ross
6.2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    2 weeks ago
Pure speculation and sweeping generalizations. Please provide facts instead of feelings.

Please, read the link before making this kind of comment.

Greg Jones
6.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.2    2 weeks ago

I did, and you're still wrong! Digging a whole

A. Macarthur
6.2.4  A. Macarthur  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    2 weeks ago

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/kushner-deal-with-japan-owned-firm-raises-conflict-of-interest-1.5908042

Ivanka Trump’s suspiciously-timed Chinese business deals

She got several new Chinese trademarks just as President Donald Trump was helping ZTE.

https://thinkprogress.org/ivanka-zte-china-2e5bc9241439/

Malaysian developer's business deals with Ivanka Trump under FBI scrutiny: Report

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysian-developers-business-deals-with-ivanka-trump-under-fbi-scrutiny-report

FBI is investigating Ivanka Trump’s business deal in Vancouver: report

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fbi-reportedly-ivanka-business-deal-vancouver-article-1.3850223

Ivanka Trump And Jared Kushner’s Business Deals Are Under Investigation

Got more … 'course it's all "fake news," right?

Galen Marvin Ross
6.2.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2.3    one week ago

Read 6.2.4 I think you'll find that I'm not "digging", it is you who are digging. Digging a whole

Tacos!
7  Tacos!    2 weeks ago

Breaking News at this hour: The Trumps are really rich.

Coming up, Wolf Blitzer will be interviewing four natives of Madagascar: the only people left on Planet Earth who had never heard of the Trump family or their massive wealth. Later, Don Lemon will raise his eyebrows in horror and imply to receptive viewers that being rich is a crime.

Over on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow will explore the ominous truth that Ivanka failed to warn America that she makes a lot of money.

XDm9mm
7.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 weeks ago

Besides the abject hatred many on the left have for President Trump, now they also are displaying the pure envy they have of people that likely earn more in dividends and interest in one year than they will earn in several lifetimes.  That they have interests, financial or not, outside of their family is per some tantamount to illegal activity. 

Galen Marvin Ross
7.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1    2 weeks ago
Besides the abject hatred many on the left have for President Trump, now they also are displaying the pure envy they have of people that likely earn more in dividends and interest in one year than they will earn in several lifetimes.

In this case, it is. It's called the emoluments clause.

Greg Jones
7.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.1    2 weeks ago
In this case, it is. It's called the emoluments clause.

That's already been looked out and no illegalities were found. Old and stale non news.

Galen Marvin Ross
7.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    2 weeks ago
That's already been looked out and no illegalities were found. Old and stale non news.

Ummm, no. Please read,

By Sharon LaFraniere
June 11, 2018

GREENBELT, Md. — A federal judge on Monday sharply criticized the Justice Department’s argument that President Trump’s financial interest in his company’s hotel in downtown Washington is constitutional, a fresh sign that the judge may soon rule against the president in a historic case that could head to the Supreme Court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/us/politics/emoluments-lawsuit-trump-hotel.html

Oooops.

XDm9mm
7.1.4  XDm9mm  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.3    2 weeks ago

Then let it go to the Supreme Court.

But, exactly where did the judge declare anything other than chastising DoJ?

Galen Marvin Ross
7.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.4    2 weeks ago
But, exactly where did the judge declare anything other than chastising DoJ?

What did the judge chastise the DOJ for again?

XDm9mm
7.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.5    2 weeks ago

Immaterial....   was a FORMAL ruling made?   It really is a simple question, which I will admit I don't know the answer to, but obviously you do.

Galen Marvin Ross
7.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.6    2 weeks ago
It really is a simple question, which I will admit I don't know the answer to, but obviously you do.

Since, according to the article the hearing is still going on, (you would know that if you had bothered to do any reading), the judge is expected to make a decision soon.

XDm9mm
7.1.8  XDm9mm  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.7    one week ago

So, a FORMAL ruling was not rendered.....  yet you make a production out of it.

Galen Marvin Ross
7.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.8    one week ago
So, a FORMAL ruling was not rendered..

Kind of hard for there to be a "formal" ruling on something when the judge is still going over all the evidence, don't ya think? Why don't we wait until the case is over before we start saying there isn't anything to it, and, accept what we have right now.

Galen Marvin Ross
7.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 weeks ago
Breaking News at this hour: The Trumps are really rich.

No duh. Breaking News, when you work for the government it is illegal to take money from a foreign power.

Landshark
7.2.1  Landshark  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.2    2 weeks ago

Off Topic [ph]

Greg Jones
7.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.2    2 weeks ago
when you work for the government it is illegal to take money from a foreign power.

Getting back to the original topic, Ivanka and Jared are not government employees, they are advisors to the president.

Galen Marvin Ross
7.2.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @7.2.2    2 weeks ago
Ivanka and Jared are not government employees, they are advisors to the president.

Hey, hair splitter, when you work as an advisor to the president you are a government employee.

MrFrost
7.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Landshark @7.2.1    2 weeks ago
clinton crime syndicate.

We know you mean trump, it's ok, simple mistake on your part. 

Galen Marvin Ross
8  Galen Marvin Ross    2 weeks ago

Closing down the seed for the night, see ya in the morning guys.

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8    one week ago

Ok, unlocked, keep it civil please.

Explorerdog
9  Explorerdog    one week ago

Sure would be interesting to see how their income has changed since having a White House office, have they made tens of millions every year or is this a big bump?

Share This

Flagging unavailable