╌>

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned $82 million last year

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  galen-marvin-ross  •  6 years ago  •  124 comments

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned $82 million last year

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By The Washington Post
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, the president's daughter and son-in-law, brought in at least $82 million in outside income while serving as senior White House advisers during 2017, according to new financial disclosure forms released Monday (June 12).
Ivanka Trump earned $3.9 million from her stake in the Trump International Hotel in Washington, while Kushner reported over $5 million in income from Quail Ridge, a Kushner Cos. apartment complex acquired last year in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
The filings show how the couple are collecting immense sums from other enterprises while serving in the White House, an extraordinary income flow that ethics experts have warned could create potential conflicts of interests.
While both Kushner and Ivanka Trump were required to file financial forms last year, it is difficult to compare their past to present wealth because there are several months of overlap in the reporting period and the Office of Government Ethics uses broad ranges to calculate assets and liabilities.
In an email statement, Peter Mirijanian -- a spokesman for Abbe Lowell, Kushner's and Ivanka Trump's ethics counsel -- said that the couple have followed all ethics rules and that Monday's disclosures are an insufficient way to understand the nuances of their net worth.

"Since joining the administration, Mr. Kushner and Ms. Trump have complied with the rules and restrictions as set out by the Office of Government Ethics," Mirijanian said. "As to the current filing which OGE also reviews, their net worth remains largely the same, with changes reflecting more the way the form requires disclosure than any substantial difference in assets or liabilities."
The new filings reflect a change in the structure of Ivanka Trump's payments from limited liability companies affiliated with the Trump Organization. Trump will now receive guaranteed fixed yearly payments instead of payments determined by profits from T International Realty LLC, TTT Consulting LLC, and TTTT Venture LLC -- which are LLCs tied to some of the Trump Organization's international developments. The yearly payments will total $1.5 million, according to the filings, which was a change made in consultation with Office of Government Ethics officials to reduce her "interest in the performance of the business."
Ivanka Trump also reported over $2 million from severance from the Trump Corp. in 2017. Her father was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2017, and Ivanka Trump officially joined the White House as an unpaid senior adviser in March 2017, after her initial attempts to serve as an informal adviser raised ethics questions. Trump was paid a $289,300 advance by Penguin Random House for her book, "Women Who Work."

Kushner disclosed that he had failed to report several stakes in limited liability companies -- including Vegas Seven, which is a Las Vegas online news publication, and the Veggie Grill, a restaurant in Manhattan Beach, California. The filing noted that Kushner divested his stakes before joining the White House but did not report the assets previously because of an accounting oversight.
While Kushner has resigned from 260 corporate positions and no longer has any role in running his family's real estate company, he has repeatedly been subject to public scrutiny over the perception that he has not done enough to draw lines between his private business interests and his sprawling portfolio of West Wing responsibilities.

Kushner Cos. has reported more than $2 billion in transactions in the past two years, including developments in Times Square and Jersey City A Washington Post analysis of his holdings last year showed that Kushner had retained roughly 90 percent of his real estate holdings.
Before entering the White House, Kushner sold his stake in 666 Fifth Ave., the Kushner Cos.' Manhattan building plagued by debt that exceeded $1 billion, to a trust controlled by his mother. (Kushner is not a beneficiary of the trust.)
In a wide-ranging interview in late May with the Real Deal, a New York City real estate publication, Kushner's father derided ethics watchdogs as "jerks" who "can't get a real job" and suggested that the criticism may discourage rich and successful people from taking government positions.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

So, according to the story it is illegal for a federal employee to make money on the side this way. Whether Ivanka and, Jared are getting paid or, not they are federal employees when they work in the White House for the president, even if that president is their "Daddy".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago

Point out where in your story it say anything that they did was illegal.

Anything at all.

prove it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    6 years ago

As long as Ivanka and, Jared work for the president and, have a connection to business's that receive gifts from a foreign government they are violating the law, the trademarks that Ivanka's business have received from China is a violation, the money she receives from Trump International in Washington is a violation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.1    6 years ago

Hmmmmm..I have looked, and looked, and looked.

Still can't find ONE word about any "illegal" activities in your posted seed, Didn't you say that YOUR seeded story said it?

All I asked was for you to point it out in your seeded story, When will you be able to do that?

Is that too much to ask? After all, I am just going by YOUR claim.

I don't want deflections--I simply want what I asked you--to prove your claim that the story you seeded said it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.3  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    6 years ago
Hmmmmm..I have looked, and looked, and looked. Still can't find ONE word about any "illegal" activities in your posted seed, Didn't you say that YOUR seeded story said it? All I asked was for you to point it out in your seeded story, When will you be able to do that? Is that too much to ask? After all, I am just going by YOUR claim. I don't want deflections--I simply want what I asked you--to prove your claim that the story you seeded said it.

What you need to do is learn a little something about emoluments and, federal employee's but, since you wear Trump blinders you won't see it,

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.3    6 years ago

Off topic. Removed - PRF

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    6 years ago

It took you three posts to make it personal, don't come back to any of my seeds, even if it's something you agree with.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.5    6 years ago

No value. Removed - PRF

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.3    6 years ago

I asked a very simple question--based on what YOU posted.

Sorry, but getting mad because someone questions you is counterproductive to an open forum like this.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.8  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    6 years ago
I asked a very simple question--based on what YOU posted. Sorry, but getting mad because someone questions you is counterproductive to an open forum like this.

Then read the links I provided, they give the information you wanted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.8    6 years ago

No, I simply asked you to prove what you stated--that according to the story you posted, it was illegal.

Please point that out IN THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED. Not a bunch of OTHER stories hastily gathered to prove some vague point that no one asked you about.

WHAT LINE IN YOUR SEEDED ARTICLE SAYS ANYTHING ILLEGAL OCCURRED?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.8    6 years ago
'Then read the links I provided, they give the information you wanted.'

He'll just dispute and dismiss.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    6 years ago

What I disputed--since obviously you didn't bother to read the entire exchange--is that he provided what I asked for, and what HE claimed was in the original article he seeded.

Now, I have never expected you to read anything before, despite your posts on the subject matter, but can you leave me out of it?

If you have something to say about me, say it TO me. Don't pussyfoot around it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.13  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    6 years ago

Didn't I tell you to stay off of my articles?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.13    6 years ago

How about this:

I will stay off your seeded articles. I won't respond to any post you make anywhere.

You don't reply to any of my posts anywhere. 

Deal?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.15  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    6 years ago

He's good at that, as you can see he would rather not look at what I provided and, wants to start an argument on a false premise, I've asked him not to "grace" my articles with his presence any longer but, as you can see, he is ignoring that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.15    6 years ago

Do we have a deal or not?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.17  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.16    6 years ago

Check your mail.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.18  lennylynx  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.17    6 years ago

You mean, you and Tex are...SPLITTING UP??  crying

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.19  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.18    6 years ago
You mean, you and Tex are...SPLITTING UP??

Lenny, like I use to tell my kids, stay out of grown folks business.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.17    6 years ago

Nothing in it. Sorry.'

Just tell me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.18    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC/ taunting [ph]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.22  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.21    6 years ago

No, I told you to get the fuck off of my articles, it seems you don't understand English.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.22    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC /taunting [ph]

Texan, please stay off of this article. In the future either come to have a discussion about the topic.Any further comment will get you a suspension. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago
they are federal employees when they work in the White House for the president,

No they are not federal employees. I'm sure all their activities are scrutinized by the lawyers. Please quit posting fake news trivia.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago
No they are not federal employees. I'm sure all their activities are scrutinized by the lawyers. Please quit posting fake news trivia.

Ivanka Trump will take an official government role as an unpaid adviser to her father US President Donald Trump, the White House announced on Wednesday.
The first daughter, whose husband Jared Kushner also works as a senior advisor to the president, will not receive a salary for her work as a federal employee. Kushner, a real estate developer, is also unpaid.

Of course why should they get paid by our government when they can get perks from foreign governments that earn them 82 million a year. Notice though, in the statement above it says they are advisors to the president, which unpaid or, paid, that makes them GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    6 years ago

How much did they give to charity?   "Greed is good"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Not really any of YOUR business, is it?

It is THEIR Money to do with as they wish.

Don't you do what you want with YOUR money?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    6 years ago

Go away, you aren't welcome on my seeds.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    6 years ago

If I made 80 million dollars in one year and didnt give a large portion of it to charity everyone I know , including me, should be ashamed of me. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.1    6 years ago

Taunting. Removed - PRF

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    6 years ago

That's you.

You have no right to decide what other people do with THEIR money.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    6 years ago

I don't have the power to make them give to charity. 

I certainly do have the right to say that they should. 

You seem to be off your game. Again. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    6 years ago

No Value, {SP}

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    6 years ago

If you owned a business you would know most of the money will be reinvested in the business or it will die. I run into the same situation where the profit from the business is reported on my personal income tax but most of that isn’t going into my pocket. It has to do with the way the lawyers and accountants structure the businesses with limited liability corporations and sub S corporations vs the traditional C corporations. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.9  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1.8    6 years ago

The 4 million that came from the Trump International in Washington was Ivanka's share of the profits, after all bills had been paid, the 82 million total that Ivanka and, Jared claimed were their actual earnings, in fact they gave a range of earnings from 82 million to 240 million so, the 82 million is a conservative number of net earnings from them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    6 years ago
'You seem to be off your game. Again.'

laughing dude

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I really question their effect as "presidential advisers" though, truth be told. Donald Trump does what HE wants to do and I doubt if either the princess or his son in law have had much real effect on him since he took office. The president* is in a zone of narcissism and megalomania that America has never seen before. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago

Is this about Ivanka and Jared or Donald?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    6 years ago

No value. Removed - PRF

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    6 years ago
Is this about Ivanka and Jared or Donald?

The first sentence of the article refers to them being "senior white house advisers". Their role as advisers to President* Trump is clearly relevant to the seeded article. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

Actually, it's about all three of them, since the whole Trump clan that are working in the White House have to follow federal law.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4    6 years ago
have to follow federal law.

List the law...chapter and verse.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago

Here ya go, read it for yourself.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    6 years ago

"and the Office of Government Ethics uses broad ranges to calculate assets and liabilities."

Maybe they should "Narrow" their ranges then ?

It might bring in to light, quite a few Congressman/women dealings though, if they did that. winking

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    6 years ago

What got me was her interview where she coyly states that they are forgoing their salary, acting innocent and as they are making no money at all. Meanwhile they are making money at an unbelievable rate.

Crooked grifters. All of them.

The purchase of three properties by President Trump’s son-in-law on the banks of a toxic Brooklyn canal triggered a series of unusual real estate deals and a windfall profit from transactions financed by a bank tied to the Trump family.

The property transactions totaling more than $150 million began in late 2014 and early 2015 and included sales prices well above the assessed value of the parcels, as well as high-risk loans that experts said raise red flags. At the center of each deal is either Jared Kushner or Michael Cohen

The transactions were financed through Signature Bank, one of three banks whose ties to Kushner have been widely reported to be under review by New York banking regulators. The bank’s board members have included Ivanka Trump and former Republican U.S. senator Al D’Amato, a dealmaker and power broker in New York business and politics who has been a vocal supporter of President Trump.

Ivanka, Jared, Cohen, all involved in shady deals that over valued and artificially inflated prices. They have been caught lying and manipulating the system many times. I swear, they are like the mafia that cannot get caught.

Then again, it was simple tax evasion that finally brought down Capone.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @6    6 years ago
Ivanka, Jared, Cohen, all involved in shady deals that over valued and artificially inflated prices. They have been caught lying and manipulating the system many times. I swear, they are like the mafia that cannot get caught.

Pure speculation and sweeping generalizations. Please provide facts instead of feelings.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    6 years ago
Pure speculation

Read the link.

sweeping generalizations

I don't think you know what that means.

Please provide facts instead of feelings

Again, read link.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    6 years ago
Pure speculation and sweeping generalizations. Please provide facts instead of feelings.

Please, read the link before making this kind of comment.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.2    6 years ago

I did, and you're still wrong! Digging a whole

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.2.4  A. Macarthur  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    6 years ago

Ivanka Trump’s suspiciously-timed Chinese business deals

She got several new Chinese trademarks just as President Donald Trump was helping ZTE.

Malaysian developer's business deals with Ivanka Trump under FBI scrutiny: Report

FBI is investigating Ivanka Trump’s business deal in Vancouver: report

Ivanka Trump And Jared Kushner’s Business Deals Are Under Investigation

Why Ivanka Trump should be worried about the Michael Cohen investigation

Got more … 'course it's all "fake news," right?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2.3    6 years ago

Read 6.2.4 I think you'll find that I'm not "digging", it is you who are digging. Digging a whole

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    6 years ago

Breaking News at this hour: The Trumps are really rich.

Coming up, Wolf Blitzer will be interviewing four natives of Madagascar: the only people left on Planet Earth who had never heard of the Trump family or their massive wealth. Later, Don Lemon will raise his eyebrows in horror and imply to receptive viewers that being rich is a crime.

Over on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow will explore the ominous truth that Ivanka failed to warn America that she makes a lot of money.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @7    6 years ago
Breaking News at this hour: The Trumps are really rich.

No duh. Breaking News, when you work for the government it is illegal to take money from a foreign power.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.2    6 years ago
when you work for the government it is illegal to take money from a foreign power.

Getting back to the original topic, Ivanka and Jared are not government employees, they are advisors to the president.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.2.3  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @7.2.2    6 years ago
Ivanka and Jared are not government employees, they are advisors to the president.

Hey, hair splitter, when you work as an advisor to the president you are a government employee.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @7.2.1    6 years ago
clinton crime syndicate.

We know you mean trump, it's ok, simple mistake on your part. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

Closing down the seed for the night, see ya in the morning guys.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8    6 years ago

Ok, unlocked, keep it civil please.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
9  Explorerdog    6 years ago

Sure would be interesting to see how their income has changed since having a White House office, have they made tens of millions every year or is this a big bump?