Sir Paul Does Carpool Karaoke

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

A little something for a Sunday Morn to make people feel good! Enjoy!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    6 years ago

WOW!!!! and WOW!!! What a wonderful off the cuff, so to speak, fun 'performance'. I love the Beatles and enjoy listening to their songs even today. 

Thank you for posting this excellent video. It has made my day, and all the songs they sang will be going through my head for the rest of the day. Clapping

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1    6 years ago

Thanks Raven. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Paul is a lot of fun.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3  dave-2693993    6 years ago

Nice vid there.

Thank you.

I had lunch one day at this small bar/restaurant at the far end of the main harbour on the Dutch side of St Marteen. There was this fella sitting at the table across from me who looked familiar. Other than that I couldn't place a name to the face.

He realized I was puzzled and began making faces at me. After a while and his group up and began to leave. Then it occurred to me, it was Paul McCartney. I mentioned it to my ex and she then said "that woman over there looks like Linda McCartney". I turned and looked and sure as the world it was her.

Funny.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  dave-2693993 @3    6 years ago

OMG.. that is so cool. Shame you didn't really notice until they left. 

The closest I ever came to him and Linda (besides at a concert), was at the "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Dinner". They were on the main floor and I was one tier up, so I could see them clearly, but couldn't get near them. *sigh*

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    6 years ago

That was a good experience at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Yeah, wish I had recognized sooner. He was obviously open for conversation. Had a funny smirk on his face.

To push things into the unbelievable a couple days later we had a day trip to St Barts. After renting a little ha;f pint Jeep like vehicle, and wondering the country side, we came to a nice restaurant/bar on a beautiful lagoon not far from the island airport.

Lo and behold "we had lunch" with Mick Jagger. It wasn't much of as vacation for him, he was busy and we left him alone.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.1.1    6 years ago

Wow Dave.. you really have had some excellent close encounters. I can't say I have ever gotten close to Mick. Lucky guy!  

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.4  dave-2693993  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.2    6 years ago
you really have had some excellent close encounters.

LOL, I have had encounters with some lesser known bands and folks too.

Even my Father. Stepping into the way-back machine he played guitar for Jimmy Dean in a Country Western band. I can't think of the band name right now. It included a local another local member named Don Owens, who a radio station was named after when he died. Roy Clark was also a member.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.5  dave-2693993  replied to    6 years ago

That's cool. You were smart enough to get pictures...unlike me.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.2    6 years ago

I have had some great one on one encounters with celebrities where I used to work at, but never got to meet musicians.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to    6 years ago

Cheech Marin has always been one of my favorites, along with Tommy Chong. Great pics. Thank you for sharing. Winking 2

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    6 years ago

Very Cool OSM. I like all those guys!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    6 years ago

It's nice to see Paul McCartney still going strong, although it looks like he is starting to physically show his age a little. 

He seems to be one of those people who is always in a good mood, and that is a very pleasant thing to see also. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

He has such a sunny personality and he really just loves people. Very endearing! 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    6 years ago

Perrie!!  Best.  Freaking.  Thing.  Ever!!!!!  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    6 years ago

I know, right? I saw it and said.. OMG.. I just got to post this... 

Glad you like it to, good sister!