╌>

Teenage Bully Gets Ultimate Punishment From His Dad

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  27 comments

In Green Bay, Wisconsin, Timothy Robenhorst found out his son Kayden was bullying a classmate and decided to give him the ultimate punishment.

In a photo posted online, Kaydens father publicly revealed his sons punishment. Kayden must apologize to his classmate in front of the entire class and he also received landscaping duty as well as a tough workout at 4:30am. The photo has gone viral and has been shared over 1,000 times.

Kayden was also told thathe had to set this photo as both his public profile and cover picture on Facebook.

Next, the boy was tasked with performing ten tougher, incline push-ups, then running a mile. Early-morning Wisconsin temperatures are still routinely below freezing.

But Kaydens labors were not over after his hellish morning workout and the boy is stuck doing landscaping work at two houses his father apparently owns for an unspecified length of time.

But the punishment also has an emotional and social aspect with Kayden also being instructed to apologize to his victim in front of his entire class the day after, which was set to happen Wednesday.

Robenhorst then posed for a photograph with his son and a poster spelling out his punishment, and encouraged people to share it. As of Friday night it had been shared more than 1,000 times.

He also seemingly insisted that it be posted on Kaydens profile too, where it was set as his profile picture and cover photo.

http://www.youngcons.com/teenage-bully-gets-ultimate-punishment-from-his-dad/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

Was this punishment over the top? I think so......

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

Was this punishment over the top? I think so......

I couldn't get the link to work. What exactly did he do to the other kid?

Is he a known bully, orwas thisa one time (or first time)thing?

deepwater don
Freshman Silent
link   deepwater don    9 years ago

I agree, he could have made his point without the physical regimen. But a little physical humiliation will bring a "tough" guy down to size. Learned from first hand experience that one.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Wow.

I think the physical aspect of the punishment was over the top, but not the social aspect. But then, I am strongly against bullying.

Nona62
Professor Silent

hhmm...It worked for me, maybe if you try again. It doesn't say what the other kid did, really not a lot of info in this article, just the fundamentals.........sigh.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Dowser, I agree, bullying is always wrong....PERIOD!!! the fatheris a moron as far as I'm concerned, and HE is a bully himself!!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Maybe that's where the son learned it? I don't know what he did, exactly. It may be mild...

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

I think it was over the top. At least it's not something I would have done to my sons, If one of them had become a bully I would go to school with him and force him to apologize to whoever he was bullying then apologize to the whole class. Then I would talk to him like my father used to do at home. Just the two of us in a room. "The Talk" is a living hell. It's mostly how how he'd disappointed me and that perhaps I'm not a good enough father for hm to had done what he and I thought I'd raised him better and on and on and on for at least 45 minutes to an hour. It sure worked on me. My did not have to strike or spank me and never did. "The talk" was always punishment enough!Smile.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    9 years ago

I'm not at all clear on what bullying was allegedly done nor the motivation for it .

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    9 years ago

I know exactly what you mean about the "talk". As soon as I heard "come here I want to talk to you" I knew, just knew I was in deep, shark infested waters!

Believe apology to victim and class would be sufficient...assuming the child's other behaviors were "normally" appropriate.

Nona62
Professor Silent

As far as the article says, the only thing he did wrong was to bully a classmate.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Me either. I wish the article would have given more info.

Nona62
Professor Silent

A little more info about the incident. I hope the link works....

Nona62
Professor Silent

I think the father is a bigger bully than the son. IMO

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    9 years ago

So, we're making decisions without knowing the facts?

Not a wise thing to do.Smile.gif

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    9 years ago

I'm not at all clear on what bullying was allegedly done nor the motivation for it .

From "The Daily Mail" ;

* Kayden Robenhorst, 13, was given tough punishment by dad Timothy
* Heard his son had insulted another child and pushed him into locker
* Sprung 50 knuckle push-ups on Kayden after waking him up before dawn
* Kayden, from Green Bay, Wisconsin, admits that what he did was 'stupid'
* While he didn't enjoy the punishment, said it was the right thing to do

Describing the experience to DailyMail.com, Kayden said: 'It was stupid of me - I saw a kid and said a stupid, random comment.'

'When he found out, he woke me up at 3:30 in the morning, and he sat me down on the couch. And when I didn't come up with a good enough excuse to save my butt, I told the truth .

'I think it's a really good punishment - I learned my lesson and he's a good dad for doing it. '

I'm not sure if the particulars really matter when it comes to a general discussion of how a parent should react to the concerns of finding out their child is bullying others.

In this case it would seem the Dad did hit on a practical solution to the problem with this one kid.

Never had to deal with either side of the bullying problemwith my two but on other things I went with the "cut off method" of discipline, no not body parts, rather theperks & privileges of a middle class childhood.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

My father would simply give me, ''the look'' and say, I want to talk to you....Oh man, that was more than enough. When the ''talk'' was finished, I was a good boy for another month or so.

He never laid a hand on me, except for the time that he gave me a ''really good melvin'', and said I don't think you should be doing what I just did to you, to your younger brothers. Point taken, lesson learned.

Nona62
Professor Silent

There really is a lot missing to this story, unfortunately.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I never got hit, my Father would lecture and lecture and lecture....I wished I had gotten hit, it would have been over with quicker!!!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    9 years ago

What's the distinction between bullying and ordinary roughhousing between boys? I can't tell if this was an isolated incident nor are the circumstances clear. Assuming this was an isolated incident, I would have handled it myself rather than take it to my teachers or my parents. Teenage boys will become men soon and need to learn to act like men. That's not an endorsement of bullying but rather my view of how you deal with them. If you get pushed, push back! As for the parent's reaction, I think it's a bit extreme and could cause more problems than it solves.

Nona62
Professor Silent

It was stupid of me I saw a kid and said a stupid, random comment, Kayden admitted. I'm thinking it was an isolated case. It seems to only involve him and the child he bullied. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot ofinformation that have been left out of this article.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    9 years ago
If true, then I find the reaction to something this trivial far more disturbing than the incident itself.

Nona62
Professor Silent

bet the kid never bullies another I'll bet you're right!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Thank you for sharing that additional information.....

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

From that new the information the father did exactlythe right thing.

Nona62
Professor Silent

That's for sure.