╌>

NEW GROUP - EVERYONE LOVES MOVIES - CLASSIC TO RECENT

Category:  Entertainment

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  14 comments

classic.jpg

Membership is open and everyone who loves the movies is invited to join.

https://thenewstalkers.com/buzz-of-the-orient/group/182/everyone-loves-movies-classic-to-recent

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Membership is open and everyone who loves the movies is invited to join.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Thanks for starting this group, Buzz. I watch a lot of movies and have often thought of you and your Classic Movies group when they're on.  Now we have a new "home" to share our thoughts!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

I'm in.

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3.1  GaJenn78  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    6 years ago

Same here! I like movies and a lot of ones that are classic, I haven't seen. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    6 years ago

My very favorite was "Psycho" by Hitchcock. Saw it shortly after it came out and was not expecting the "shower scene" nor when "Lila turned the chair around". Talk about being totally startled and shocked! Just about everything Hitchcock made was a masterpiece in my opinion. Very much enjoyed "Gone With The Wind" and "The Wizard of Oz" when I was still young. I also enjoy watching the old musicals once in awhile...the dancing ones with Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rogers, Cyd Charisse , and all the rest....any movie featuring  Rogers and Hammerstein music, and a few classic Westerns like "The Searchers".

However, I haven't been inside a movie theater for about 30 years and rarely watch them on the movie channels. Guess there are too many entertainment options now.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @4    6 years ago

I'll be doing a "Favourite Movie" article - name that special one and give the reasons why. You've already named and explained yours.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
6  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

This is awesome.  We should treat it like a book club too.  Pick a movie and watch it sometime in the week... with discussion on it sat and Sunday!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @6    6 years ago

Go for it, S.H.   I'm limited in the movies I can watch so I may not be able to contribute anything to the movies you choose to watch and discuss.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
6.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    6 years ago

I'll see what I can do and how much participation we can get.  Maybe make it a vote for upcoming movie with recommendations from people.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    6 years ago

My favorite movies are Million Dollar Baby, Hombre, Nobody's Fool, Gran Torino, Goodfellas. A Bronx Tale, Saving Private Ryan, The Last Of The Mohicans, Dr. Strangelove, Rio Bravo, The Magnificent 7 (original), Dirty Harry, The Best Years Of Our Lives.  More but I'll leave it at that for now. 

Favorite directors - Scorcese , John Ford, Frank Capra, Clint Eastwood. 

Favorite Actor - Paul Newman, DeNiro

Favorite Actress -  Meryl Streep, Barbara Stanwyck

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
7.1  lennylynx  replied to  JohnRussell @7    6 years ago

Great list, you're missing Apocalypse Now, my personal favorite.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  lennylynx @7.1    6 years ago

Great movie, I should have put it on there. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @7    6 years ago

Let's save it for the "Favourite Movie" article soon to be posted.  In the meantime this article was meant to be just an announcement of the creation of the new movie group, and these kind of comments can be posted on the Comment Wall  on the Group once one joins the group.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I am going to lock this article.  It was meant to be just an announcement of the creation of the new movie group, and comments can be posted on the Comment Wall  on the Group once one joins the group.  It is an open group, and anyone interested in the movies are free to join - apply and acceptance is automatic.