S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

How the World Really Views Israel

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

"The Iroquois Nation team was subjected to enormous pressure to boycott, but they steadfastly refused to be swayed . The Iroquois, who invented Lacrosse in about 1100 CE, know a thing or two about indigenous peoples reclaiming their land. And they know a thing or two about Israel. Bravo to them."

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    6 years ago

As a side note, the team travels internationally on the their own passport. This has caused problems in the past and a few years ago they refused to participate in the world championships because the host country would not allow them to travel on their own passports. Being one of the top Lacrosse teams in the world, it was a statement of epic proportions in the Lacrosse world. 

In fact this year there was a bit of a problem as well and the Iroquois National had to make sure that their passport would be recognized by Israel. It was, without a problem and the Iroquois would not boycott the games in Israel. You cannot believe the pressure that the team was under to boycott. 

Lacrosse is called the ''Creators Game'' to the Iroquois and to all native people, it's meaning is much much more than a game to us. 

Link to this years problems regarding travel on their passports...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @1.1    6 years ago

As you know both Canada and Israel bent their rules to make sure the Iroquois National Team could enter Israel and participate. (See the article posted on Anishinaabe group)  Not the first time Canada has bent its rules to help out a friend - rescuing the American diplomats from Iran (The Canadian Caper). 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2  dave-2693993    6 years ago

It looks like the Iroquois Nation has England covered.

What happened vs Canada?

Interesting note about the IAF and a certain pilot in particular. Giora Epstein is the worlds greatest jet  Ace with 17 downed enemy aircraft. In one battle, which I think was over the Negev, he took on 10 or so enemy fighters even chasing off other IAF pilots telling them to go get their own.

Note: edited to add the word Jet.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  Kavika   replied to  dave-2693993 @2    6 years ago

Canada beat the Nationals 10-5.....Generally the top three teams in the world are the U.S., Canada and the Iroquois Nationals. The Nationals draw from a base of less then 500...Of course the U.S. and Canada draw from a base in the tens of thousands. 

After the last World Championships (Bronze Medal Winners) the Nationals lost their top 3 players who are now in the professional ranks. 

Little known is the relationship between many Native tribes and the state of Israel, or the hundreds of years of history/cooperation between them.

Gakina Awiiya (we are all related)

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.1.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @2.1    6 years ago

Evening Kavika..Not a bad effort at all against Canada....Good on 'em....Bit like the world cup soccer I was hoping Belgium would beat the lot of them. They are such a tiny country country taking on the power houses with the mega $$$. I will always barrick for the minnows taking on the sharks everytime...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @2.1.1    6 years ago

Evening Shona, 

In the last world championships the Nationals beat the US in the round robin and if I remember correctly split with Canada as well. 

The Nationals are minnow sized in numbers but have a wicked bite. Both Canada and the US know it well...LOL

You must have enjoyed Croatia, population 4 million, making it to the finals and giving France a good battle.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2.1.3  dave-2693993  replied to  Kavika @2.1    6 years ago

Thank you Kavika.

Believe it or not, their talent base was one of the things I first considered.

Looks like your reply has at least 2 topics worthy of detailed discussions.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3  Enoch    6 years ago

Dear Friend Buzz: Great article.

Thanks for sharing.

Shout Out to the Iroquois Nation and their team.

Israel is certainly not alone.

There are still nations, peoples, and other collective groupings  for whom morality and harmonious co-operation to advance the human condition matter. 

They have been, are and will be friends, allies, and partners with Israel. 

"Henei mah tov, U' mah nayim. Shevit achim gam yachad".

"Behold, how good it is to sit together as brothers".

Peace and Abundant Blessings to Us All, Including Israle's Many Friends, Supporters and Admirers.

Enoch.

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1  shona1  replied to  Enoch @3    6 years ago

Evening all..I have been to Israel..never felt safer, so long as the soldiers had the safety catches on their rifles while packed in like sardines on the bus...Back the Israelis all the way and we to stand beside them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @3.1    6 years ago

Only Australia and the USA vote positively in the UN to support Israel.

By the way, it may be evening right now for you and me, Shona, but it's morning for most NT members.

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1.2  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    6 years ago

Evening Buzz...Yep good feeling we are always going to be hours ahead of the rest of the world....I use to confuse the daylights out of one poor guy on Newsvine re the time difference...He never did quite grasp it....Coming up to 11pm here so which time zone are you in China???

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    6 years ago

What about Robbie Robertson (Mohawk/Jewish) invited to sing the Israel National Anthem...Now that would be a statement.

Or Anton Treuer (Ojibwe/Jewish) to write the story of the world cup in Israel...

Hey, I can dream can't I....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @3.1.2    6 years ago

All of China is on Beijing time, which is 2 hours behind your time.  Right now it's about 9:35 p.m. in Chongqing. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1.5  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.4    6 years ago

Same time as in Western Australia..And on that note I must say "hoo roo" (goodbye) for now....past my bed time....Have a good night and day everyone...

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3.1.6  Enoch  replied to  shona1 @3.1    6 years ago

Dear Friend Shona1: Great points all.

Thanks.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

E.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3.1.7  Enoch  replied to  Kavika @3.1.3    6 years ago

Dear Brother Kavika: We can both dream.

E.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     6 years ago

Jews and Native Americans: 7 Fascinating Facts.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
4.1  Enoch  replied to  Kavika @4    6 years ago

Great Link.

Thanks for sharing.

E.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5  magnoliaave    6 years ago

I know how I feel about Israel.......Jove them!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5.1  Enoch  replied to  magnoliaave @5    6 years ago

Dear Friend Magnoliaave: Mrs. E. is a Tzabarit (Native born Israeli). 

Smiles and Regards.

Enoch.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6  Spikegary    6 years ago

Glad to see the teams playing together-a game-a game that also allows people to meet and get to know other people-and that is how you make friends and resolve conflict.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Spikegary @6    6 years ago

That's one of the main purposes of the Olympics and all international sporting events.  Unfortunately there is a faction that refuses to comply with that purpose, but I need not mention it here.