╌>

Roseanne Barr claims the tweet that got her fired wasn't racist because she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  117 comments

Roseanne Barr claims the tweet that got her fired wasn't racist because she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

So now she's lying about Valerie Jarrett and Iran and upping the insults.

Shut up you loudmouthed crazy bitch Barr!!!!!!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Oh the irony........this video of Barr's 'meltdown" was on the View this morning.

She's disheveled and seems "really unhinged".

The video made the View participants sad and hinting at a necessary drug ... or mental health intervention.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    6 years ago

What's with the glove on one hand and not the other?  She's so avant garde

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    6 years ago

Maybe she is channeling her inner Michael Jackson.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    6 years ago

I saw the video of her screaming. She really looked unstable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @1.1.3    6 years ago

I saw that too.  She's gone batshit crazy.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    6 years ago

I believe she thought she was white. When I first saw her, I thought she was white. Face it: she's got really light skin, straight hair and facial features that lean more towards Europe than Africa. It's an easy mistake to make.

Her reference to the Muslim Brotherhood may be rooted in anti-Islam or anti-Iran prejudice, but it's hard to tell. Roseanne seems to have been referencing the Iran deal and not the fact of her birth in Iran. If that's the case, it's no different than Democrats claiming that Trump is an agent of Putin.

The Planet of the Apes thing could mean anything. I know the Left tries to own all ape references on behalf of black people, but the truth is it's used on white people all the time.

Image result for george bush ape

Related image

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @2    6 years ago
The Planet of the Apes thing could mean anything.

You never saw any of the Obama Planet of the Apes memes ?

there have been hundreds posted here on NT.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @2.1    6 years ago

Good morning SP, and you are right. They weren't limited to President Obama either, they attacked his wife and his kids. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @2.1    6 years ago

Of course I have. I never said they didn't exist, did I? Why do you pretend (straw man-like) as if I did? Stick to the facts, ok? Don't invent things I didn't say. The fact that black men have been compared to apes in no way contradicts anything I said.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.2    6 years ago
Don't invent things I didn't say.

No, you didn't but monkey pictures of white former Presidents really doesn't have anything to do with Planet of the Apes either, does it?

seems like it started with Bush 43 - gotta love the internet and photoshop.

I think the original intentions of the internet were that we would get smarter, while the results seem to indicate the opposite.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.3    6 years ago
really doesn't have anything to do with Planet of the Apes either, does it?

It does and I thought I explained how, but I'm happy to clarify. My point was that it is possible and plausible that a comedian would reference that movie to make a joke about a white person. When they do, though, the idea is not considered by the people who are so eager to play the race card because they weren't paying any attention when it was done to white people.

Image result for mitt romney chimp

Image result for donald trump planet of the apes

Image result for donald trump planet of the apes

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.1.6  GaJenn78  replied to    6 years ago

several here attack Milania..... Just saying

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.1.6    6 years ago

Several here attacked Michelle Obama............Just saying

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.4    6 years ago

I think we need to see the Birth certificate of the one on the right. He might not be what he claims to be.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
2.1.10  Phoenyx13  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1.7    6 years ago
Several here attacked Michelle Obama............Just saying

why do people constantly forget the past 8 years, acting shocked or surprised or outraged when the First Lady or President, etc, is mocked/criticized as if it's never happened before ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.1.6    6 years ago

This has nothing to do with Melania dear

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @2    6 years ago

If there was any ambiguity in her tweet at all, she wouldn't have been fired in the first place. Those who are attempting to spin this, or apologize for her are clearly in the minority. Barr's next excuse will be that Jupiter was aligned with Mars which made her crazy and THAT made her say what she said... Her excuses get more ridiculous by the day. She needs to just man up and admit she was wrong instead of spitting out sentence fragments and retarded excuses. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    6 years ago
Barr's next excuse will be that Jupiter was aligned with Mars which made her crazy and THAT made her say what she said...

More plausible that 99.99999% of Hillary's excuses as to why she lost. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.1    6 years ago
Hillary's excuses

1ifvg5.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.1    6 years ago

What the fuck does Hillary have to do with this?

Next to blame, the Obamas?

Roseanne the loudmouthed dumb bitch already blamed the Obama administration.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.1    6 years ago

This is not about HRC.  Focus please.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.5  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    6 years ago

That's all these people have Tessy... When all else fails, and you have made a complete ass of yourself, blame Obama. They did it the entire time he was in office, blame Obama for EVERYTHING....(but if it was good, suddenly Obama was an empty suit, lame duck, do nothing president). 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    6 years ago
Barr's next excuse will be that Jupiter was aligned with Mars which made her crazy

Actually she said that what she meant to tweet was: "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby NOT=vj".  She just misworded it, but thought it was obvious, so she just wants to clarify that she meant NOT=.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.6    6 years ago

I see what ya did there Ozzy, well played Sir.. LOL

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.8  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    6 years ago
If there was any ambiguity in her tweet at all, she wouldn't have been fired in the first place.

Oh, that would be nice, but people are just not that generous. It is far safer for corporations to fire someone immediately for being racist, rather than allow someone to explain why they aren't. The angry PC crowd is far too rabid. They don't want the bad press. It's not even "guilty before proven innocent." It's "guilty and declaring your innocence is only more proof of your guilt."

Those who are attempting to spin this, or apologize for her are clearly in the minority.

I have no personal interest in defending Roseanne. I didn't watch the show (although I have seen 1 or 2 episodes over the years) and I'm not a fan. But I'm also not biased in a way that presupposes someone is racist just because someone else says so. Personally, I had to be told Valerie Jarrett had African ancestry. I did not see it just by looking. Thus, Roseanne's story is at least plausible to me. I will make no judgment on whether or not she actually is racist. I don't know her.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.9  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.7    6 years ago
I see what ya did there Ozzy

Hey, if it works once.......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.8    6 years ago

Digging a whole

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.8    6 years ago

Digging a whole

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
2.3  Phoenyx13  replied to  Tacos! @2    6 years ago
I believe she thought she was white. When I first saw her, I thought she was white.

i'm very sorry to hear that your Google and Roseanne Barr's Google are both broken  eek , and you know no one else with access to Google as well, it's really a shame and i personally think Google should be made available to everyone for free . Now, since i do have access to a Google that's not broken , i found this tidbit:

Her parents are both of European and African-American descent. On the television series  Finding Your Roots , DNA testing indicated that Jarrett is of 49% European, 46% African, and 5% Native American descent. Among her European roots, she was found to have French and Scottish ancestry. [5]  One of her maternal great-grandfathers,  Robert Robinson Taylor , was the first accredited African-American architect, and the first African-American student enrolled at the  Massachusetts Institute of Technology . [6]

i'm very glad to be of help to you and Roseanne Barr - please contact me in the future if this unfortunate incident happens again and neither one of you can access Googlepeace

Face it: she's got really light skin, straight hair and facial features that lean more towards Europe than Africa. It's an easy mistake to make.

i suppose it might be an easy mistake if you can't use Google on a public figure such as Valerie Jarrett or possibly watch the TV show that she was on that determined her roots through DNA testing. confused

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Phoenyx13 @2.3    6 years ago

i suppose it might be an easy mistake if you can't use Google on a public figure such as Valerie Jarrett or possibly watch the TV show that she was on that determined her roots through DNA testing.

Why on Earth would I do any of those things in regard to anyone? Do you research the ancestry of every person who makes the news? Why would you? What makes you think Roseanne does? What makes you think anyone does that without a specific reason?

Are you prepared for a pop quiz on the ancestry of everyone associated with the Trump or Obama administrations?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.3.1    6 years ago

Digging a whole

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.2    6 years ago

This is even funnier, more meaningful, and more persuasive the 4th or 5th time you do it.

/s

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
2.3.4  Phoenyx13  replied to  Tacos! @2.3.1    6 years ago

Why on Earth would I do any of those things in regard to anyone? Do you research the ancestry of every person who makes the news? Why would you? What makes you think Roseanne does? What makes you think anyone does that without a specific reason?

Are you prepared for a pop quiz on the ancestry of everyone associated with the Trump or Obama administrations?

why on earth would you just make assumptions instead of finding out the facts , which are readily available and easily verifiable (there is even an episode on a tv show about her ancestry for crying out loud) , on a public figure ? of course i do research on simple easily verifiable things like " i think she is white " so i don't make stupid mistakes and assume the wrong thing about a public figure - i guess i like to do my research and educate myself , i'm sorry that quality isn't shared by you and Roseanne Barr apparently. Knowledge is power - arm yourself ( or you can stay in the same boat as Roseanne Barr, don't do any research, make a stupid assumption, act on that assumption, get called out for it - or worse, then whine you are the " victim " because you didn't do any research on simple, easily verifiable facts about a public figureDigging a whole  Face Palm

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.3.3    6 years ago

Well you just keep digging that hole tacos so . . .

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    6 years ago

Roseanne Barr Claims The Tweet That Got Her Fired Wasn't Racist Because She Thought Valerie Jarrett Was White

Oh FFS, she is so full of shit her eyes are brown. This is what, excuse #697? Barr is a moron. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago

She is going to have to start coming up with them faster to keep up with Hillary. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @3.1    6 years ago

What does Hillary have to do with this? 

1/10 for your deflection attempt. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  arkpdx @3.1    6 years ago

Again....this IS NOT about HRC.  Go to one of the Trumpette seeds because they love to trash her.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago
This is what, excuse

Nope, I'm pretty sure this is the excuse she has been offering all along.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.2    6 years ago

Digging a whole

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @3.2    6 years ago

Funny, I thought she said it was because she was on Ambien..

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.2    6 years ago

She did.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.4  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.2    6 years ago
Funny, I thought she said it was because she was on Ambien..

It was the Ambien that made her vote for Trump ya know. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.2    6 years ago
I thought she said it was because she was on Ambien.

Oh yes! I forgot about that.

Well, it could contribute, for sure. In spite of what the manufacture doubtless wants you to believe, some people have experienced some bizarre side effects from taking Ambien. 

The Weirdest Things That Happened When I Took Ambien

However, it also comes with a host of known side effects , including decreased awareness, hallucinations, changes in behavior, memory problems, sleepwalking, sleep eating (and cooking), and even sleep driving .

In fact, Ambien has become rather notorious for its weird and wacky side effects. The sleeping pill’s mix of “hypnosis, amnesia, and hallucinations” has led the internet to dub it the “ Ambien Walrus .”

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    6 years ago

Speak for yourself. I am completely comfortable with my opinion. Without evidence or thoughtful argument, you just want to point the finger and pretend you're better than other people. Well, you're not.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.3    6 years ago
She did.

I know, I was being sarcastic.. LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    6 years ago

Speak for yourself, when did I say or imply any of the things you are saying?

Digging a whole

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.5    6 years ago

Yeah we know the side effects of Ambien.  Again, racism isn't one of them.  That was her excuse then. What's her excuse now?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.9    6 years ago
Again, racism isn't one of them.

And again, I'm not convinced her tweet was rooted in racism, which I have already stated. The protest that Ambien doesn't create racism isn't relevant.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.10    6 years ago

Well you're wrong tacos.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

Barr's, "reboot", in a nutshell...

e7Rd.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

laughing dude

They must be Donald Rump supporters also.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    6 years ago

former Obama adviser   Valerie Jarrett , who is black

No. Valerie Jarrett is bi-racial (Caucasian and African) with a small percentage of Native American.

Her parents are both of European and African-American descent. On the television series  Finding Your Roots , DNA testing indicated that Jarrett is of 49% European, 46% African, and 5% Native American descent . Among her European roots, she was found to have French and Scottish ancestry. [5]  One of her maternal great-grandfathers,  Robert Robinson Taylor , was the first accredited African-American architect, and the first African-American student enrolled at the  Massachusetts Institute of Technology . [6]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1  MrFrost  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    6 years ago

So you are taking the, "well, she isn't 100% black" spin? Really? LOL 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    6 years ago
So you are taking the, "well, she isn't 100% black" spin? Really? LOL

Dicker away if you wish, but you cannot prove that Valerie Jarrett is only "African" (as stated in the seeded article) when there is DNA evidence proving that she is more Caucasian than "African".  Good-bye.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.1    6 years ago

My point is, (and this is not aimed at you in any way), that many on the right used the, "well Obama is only "x"% black"... Why? Because then when they used racial slurs against him, they could claim that it's not a racist comment because he isn't 100% black..  So when I hear, "well, she is only half black", I see it as an excuse. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.1    6 years ago

Digging a whole

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.1    6 years ago

Digging a whole

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.1    6 years ago

Ah but her 46% African and 5% Native American make her a majority minority vs the 49% white. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2  Skrekk  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    6 years ago

Why aren't you using the "one drop" rule which butt-hurt white conservatives traditionally use?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Skrekk @5.2    6 years ago
Why aren't you using the "one drop" rule which butt-hurt white conservatives traditionally use?

Why should I? The "one drop" concept from the 19th and very early 20th centuries was never federal law and is irrelevant to the seeded topic. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6  bugsy    6 years ago

As crappy as the original tweet was, everyone knows that if a lib had made it, then used the "i thought she was white" excuse, not only would liberals excuse her, but give her accolades for her clarifying remark.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @6    6 years ago

You mean Roseann the liberal Green Party candidate for President?

The crazy liberal who doxxed George Zimmerman's parents and threatened to lead a lynch mob to Zimmerman's home?

Yeah I can see the "libs" liming up behind Barr./s

In my opinion, she's nuts and no one supports her more recent rants.

Ideologically no one should claim her for any reason.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    6 years ago

To today's liberals, because she has shown support for President Trump in the past, she is an enemy of liberalism.

Doesn't matter what she ran on. My post stands as truth.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    6 years ago
My post stands as truth.

LOL.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    6 years ago

blah blah blah liberals blah blah blah liberalism blah blah blah..... 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    6 years ago

laughing dude My post stands as truth

laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    6 years ago

Loudmouth bitch Roseanne is claiming because she voted for Rump is why she was fired.  Nope, it's because of her racist foulmouthed big fat piehole

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    6 years ago

Roseanne needs to get help now before it is too late...

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     6 years ago

Barr really is confused. In her first tweet she said she thought that Jarrett was Saudi. In her second tweet she thought that she was Jewish/Persian and finally in her third tweet she thought she was white. 

Seems as though Rosanne was having a identity crisis.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Why would anyone defend Roseanne? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
11  Split Personality    6 years ago

Locked due to seeder's suspension.