╌>

Pelosi: Voting for Democrats Gives 'Leverage' to Illegal Immigrants

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  96ws6  •  6 years ago  •  69 comments

Pelosi: Voting for Democrats Gives 'Leverage' to Illegal Immigrants

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) encouraged people to vote for Democrats in November's midterm elections to give "leverage" to illegal immigrants in the immigration debate.

Pelosi made the remark during a Wednesday press conference in El Paso, Texas, alongside immigration rights activists and Texas Democratic congressional nominee Veronica Escobar.

Pelosi argued that comprehensive immigration reform is impossible under a Republican-controlled Congress.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  96WS6    6 years ago

Leverage for ILLEGAL immigrants?  The truth comes out.  The party of open borders.  I wonder how that will work out for them./s

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @1    6 years ago
I wonder how that will work out for them./s

Probably not real well considering pelosi is an aged old dinosaur that is losing touch with reality. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1    6 years ago

They are starting to shun her aren't they?

Sophomore Guide
1.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @1.1.1    6 years ago
They are starting to shun her aren't they?

IMO: The democratic party is in serious trouble. They dont seem to be coming up with good replacements for their dinos and too many dinos theresdays seem so out of touch with reality even,.

ALSO IMO: It's past time for some of these people to make way for a new regiment of politicians but alas NO we gotta keep trying to be relevant even well past our time. I say, "Step aside and let the world move on." 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.4  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.3    6 years ago

I agree.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.2    6 years ago
Lost is more apropos.

Lost is too final I look for more insanity to follow.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.6    6 years ago
It's already here:

O thats the second addition, I dont look for the first addition to be quite over yet. 

But yeah the second addition appears to be crazier than the last excluding bernie. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.8  PJ  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.6    6 years ago

It's a countermeasure.  This is what always happens when one side goes to far extreme forcing the other side to countermeasure and balance out the craziness.

This could have been avoided had the tea party republicans not been elected.  Now the democrats have to elect their version of tea party.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    6 years ago

It you want illegals to take your place you know who to vote for 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
3.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  charger 383 @3    6 years ago

Certainly if you want to bolster a constituent base and stick taxpayers with the tab you know who to vote for!

Sophomore Guide
3.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  charger 383 @3    6 years ago
It you want illegals to take your place you know who to vote for

True:

Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
3.2.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2    6 years ago

He isn't bringing them over illegally... I thought the left wanted legal immigration expanded.    I really don't have a problem with people coming over legally and working here legally.

Sophomore Guide
3.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @3.2.1    6 years ago
He isn't bringing them over illegally

So true , however they are still taking jobs here but, Perhaps we should all use every advantage we have to make a profit, look for the loopholes I guess is the moral of the story here. Do as our president does and you'll be fine. 

Illegal or legal, one less American job going to an American. 

PS: importing cheap labor helps keeping labor prices down for the rest of us.

But evidently trump's  Makin America Great Again,  I see. 

sarc

96WS6
Junior Quiet
3.2.3  seeder  96WS6  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.2    6 years ago

It's OK if they Legally bring in people to work the jobs that people say no one here wants to do anyhow isn't it?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  96WS6 @3.2.1    6 years ago
I thought the left wanted legal immigration expanded.

Not just the left.

Sophomore Guide
3.2.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  96WS6 @3.2.3    6 years ago
It's OK if they Legally bring in people to work the jobs that people say no one here wants to do anyhow isn't it?

Sure I just dont know of many jobs Americans won't do if the money's right.

TTGA
Professor Silent
3.2.6  TTGA  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.5    6 years ago
Sure I just dont know of many jobs Americans won't do if the money's right.

That pretty much says it all Steve.  It's not that Americans don't want to do the jobs, they just don't want to do the jobs for slave labor wages.  Even legal immigration puts the American worker in competition with Mexican peons.  Labor is a product, just as much as houses or cars.  Law of supply and demand says that when the supply of any product increases, the cost of the product goes down.

Sophomore Guide
3.2.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  TTGA @3.2.6    6 years ago
It's not that Americans don't want to do the jobs, they just don't want to do the jobs for slave labor wages.

True and too many times the dirtier the job the lower the wages even.

download.jpg

Sophomore Guide
3.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.4    6 years ago
I thought the left wanted legal immigration expanded.
Not just the left.

nor the right, it also seems our leader is all for it as well  when it benefits him.

The current population of the United States of America is 326,922,380 as of Friday, July 27, 2018

The more people, the more problems, the more laws, the more government.

Good Luck America

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.11  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.7    6 years ago

That’s because most Americans have become too lazy, too filled with a sense of entitlement

at age 12 I worke 40 hours a week in a Christmas tree lot. The owner paid us $10 a week

at age 15 I ran 5 1/2 miles each way to cook roasted chicken for 1.25 an hour

at age 16 I washed dishes for 1.25 an hour and rose to be a broiler chef before I hit 17

at age 18 while waiting to go on active duty I worked in a defense plant working out open the soap and chromate acid tanks cleaning and coating heavy racks of parts for 1.35 an hour.

that jog lead to an aerospace career after the military where I rose to lead companies in the US and overseas

People are too lazy today

Sophomore Guide
3.2.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
Do you want the government running your healthcare maybe taking your wages and giving to your fellow citizens to buy their healthcare?

I'm for oversight and regulations, that takes some sort of governmenting. Laws over chaos seems reasonable and responsible for a civilized society. 

I don't want big government or more laws and I don't want the government in my healthcare at all.

If their were no governing laws in healthcare what would protect the consumer? 

No one wants big government (except the ones who want to work there) But its a matter of logic the more problems there are to be "policed" the more infrastructure is required to do the policing. 

Even back when America had 5 million people they were enacting laws to keep peace and order so that Might makes Right would not be the way we lived. 

With over 300 million of us now and so many more problems, its no wonder the government has grown. As the population increases I expect the laws and governing of them will as well.

Want a smaller government ?  Have fewer people to govern. (control)

Sophomore Guide
3.2.13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.11    6 years ago
People are too lazy today

Humans get used to anything . Americans have a contraction for every task imaginable, washing anything, cooking anything, mowing your lawn, turning channels on a damn tv hell now the refrigerator can tell you when your low on milk I think. So, What do we expect ?  

As far as working I also worked my ass of since age of 12 starting at about the wages you mentioned. There were also half as many people in America and I'm sure way less than half the effort and time saving contraptions then of today. 

Money value has also changed dramatically. Judging today's prices on yesterdays products and labor prices is to say the least, difficult. Industries have come and gone and prices reflect changes in manufacturing and technology as well. 

Look at the price of cars compared to then and now. Or anything else for that matter. 

I still believe if you offer most Americans a fair wage (at today's rates) you can find plenty of American's willing to put in a fair days labor to get it.

IMO: Yes some "lazy" people are part of the problem however, Part of the problem is also many people paying the wages dont really know how much they are asking for what they are willing to pay.

I know, I've rarely felt over paid..lol  But I certainly knew I was under paid more than once.  

In short: I dont believe wages have kept up with the demand of employers and cheap foreign labor doesn't help. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Middle America wants Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Cynthia Nixon, and Alexandria OcasioCortez to keep themselves in front of cameras and microphones so they can continue blathering about their far left identity politics platform. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    6 years ago

"She also said that she believes public sentiment is changing regarding immigration reform, which she described as "inevitable for America."

She did get that part right, just not in the way she thinks/hopes?. Digging a whole chuckle

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  It Is ME @5    6 years ago

I think most Americans want COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform.  So far the Democrats have shown they are more for open borders and bolstering the constituent base at the cost of the entire country and I don't think the majority are stupid enough to fall for it, and certainly don't want it.  Most have enough common sense to reject that strategy.   I hope they keep down this road because I believe it will kill them in November.    Of course, they will blame the loss on the Russians, racism, or both.  LOL!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  96WS6 @5.1    6 years ago
I think most Americans want COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform. 

But what "IS" so-called real "Comprehensive Reform" when it comes to government thinking anyway ?

I don't think Our Government has enough Balls to start over again....which is what it would really take to be "Comprehensive" about it.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.1    6 years ago
But what "IS" so-called real "Comprehensive Reform" when it comes to government thinking anyway ?

Well that is the crux isn't it?  Personally I would like to see laws proposed that will expand the program for people to get legal through military service and start a program for people that can start a business and hire American citizens like Canada has.   If we start with simple laws like these that will have little or no opposition (except for those who wish to commit political suicide) maybe we can make progress.   

I think these 2 options should be put forth by Republicans to show the public they aren't all talk and BS about immigration reform, sad to say, AS FAR AS I HAVE SEEN, SO FAR THEY ARE.  (They are only enforcing existing laws and are not putting forth new ones.)  If the democrats shoot them down or try to change them then they have ammunition against the Democrats I wold love to see this as a start.

They have a chance to capitalize on this situation if they are smart about it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  96WS6 @5.1.2    6 years ago

I'd like to see the "Outdated/redicules immigration" laws go away at the same time, if they are going to do something like that.

BIG problem with Government is, they ALWAYS pass new stuff, yet the old stuff still remains on, and on.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1.4  seeder  96WS6  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.3    6 years ago

It is hard to kill old laws, it is actually easier to make new ones that circumvent them unfortunately. 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.3    6 years ago
they ALWAYS pass new stuff, yet the old stuff still remains on, and on.

I agree, I've believed for some time now part of these lawmakers duties should be to review old laws on the books and get rid of some of the more archaic ones that have no meaning in today's world. At some point every damn law that some man can think of will exist at this rate. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.5    6 years ago

It's no wonder law enforcement can't keep up.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  96WS6 @5.1.4    6 years ago
It is hard to kill old laws,

It only takes "Work". Big hugs

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.1.8  TTGA  replied to  96WS6 @5.1.2    6 years ago
Personally I would like to see laws proposed that will expand the program for people to get legal through military service and start a program for people that can start a business and hire American citizens like Canada has.

Second part sounds great 96; first part not so much.

In the 2nd Century AD, Roman citizens grew tired of serving in the Legions, so they hired foreign mercenaries to do it for them.  Part of the payment was citizenship.  Pretty soon, since the mercenaries had the exclusive franchise on the use of armed force, the mercenaries started putting their own people on the Imperial Throne.  It didn't take long after that for the Roman Empire to fall apart.  Perhaps best stated by Robert Heinlein, "Roman matrons used to tell their sons, 'Come back with your shield or on it'.  Later, this custom declined.  So did Rome".

Remember, "Those who do not learn the lessons of History are doomed to repeat it".

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.9  Jasper2529  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.5    6 years ago
I've believed for some time now part of these lawmakers duties should be to review old laws on the books and get rid of some of the more archaic ones that have no meaning in today's world.

Great point. Some of the local and county lawmakers are starting to do that where I live. It's somewhat suburban now, but 100 years ago it was very rural. We still have laws on the books about getting a ticket if you don't hitch your horse outside the general store (which no longer exists)! 

PJ
Masters Quiet
6  PJ    6 years ago

This concerted effort from the GOP and so many of it's followers to villainize women of power is getting pretty stale.  Many of us can see right through this campaign.  The evil women getting uppity and above their station.   I see it for what it really is.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  PJ @6    6 years ago

Right.  Waters and Pelosi aren't batshit crazy, everyone else is, and if you say different (especially if you merely point out their lunacy) you are sexist. THIS PROVES THE REPUBLICAN'S WAR ON WOMEN!!!! LMFAO!!!! 

All this really proves is some people can't give up a failed strategy, thank you for unwittingly illustrating the tactic so well.   Sorry PJ that shit doesn't fly with me and I will make you look silly every time you try to pull it!   LOL

Get a new playbook.  Haven't you heard trying to omit dialog and ignore facts by insinuating Racism, sexism, ect... doesn't work anymore? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1.1  PJ  replied to  96WS6 @6.1    6 years ago

96 - you can only make me look silly if I give you the power to.  And I DON'T.  There is a very focused effort by the GOP to attack any women who they deem has overstepped their role.

I don't agree with some of what Pelosi says and very little with what Water's says but to say they are batshite crazy is more of a reflection on your insecurities than them.

Men always belittle women when they want to control them.  It's a form of mental abuse.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  PJ @6.1.1    6 years ago

I also think Harry Reid, Sanders, and a few others are Batshitcrazy but I'm sure that doesn't matter.  What matters is I used "Batshitcrazy" to describe women the same way I do EVERYONE who fits the description.  (including ALex Jones, McCain, and many many more check my posts)  HOW DARE I?

Keep digging your hole darling.

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1.3  PJ  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.2    6 years ago

I don't mean you specifically 96.  Although I'm not happy that you peddle their talking points sometimes.  I'm speaking about the GOP using it as a strategy.  A weapon of words to manipulate their base.  It's been very effective.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1.5  seeder  96WS6  replied to  PJ @6.1.3    6 years ago

Your comment immediately brings Cortez to mind.  Every time she opens her mouth she says something crazy like funeral costs will pay for medicare for all.   BTW, I purposely left "batshit" out.winking    I made fun of Bernie the same for espousing the same ideas.  McCain is batshit crazy in a warmonger kind of way.  McConnell is just plain stupid.  I call them like I see them.

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1.6  PJ  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.5    6 years ago

The democrats are too stupid to be dangerous.  They tell you exactly what they want to do which in turn allows people to decide whether they want it or not e.g healthcare for all.  But the GOP has had many years honing their lying and manipulation skills.   They say one thing and then do whatever they want when they get in power.  They are evil and dangerous because they are driven by greed and power.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @6.1.1    6 years ago
There is a very focused effort by the GOP to attack any women who they deem has overstepped their role.

What a pile of garbage. No one said anything about her overstepping her role. She's simply being quoted and her words examined for what they are: a betrayal of her oath to defend the Constitution and the people she serves.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
7  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

Amazing they hide open borders behind the term "comprehensive immigration reform" and "immigration rights groups"...

we have an immigration policy.  It needs to be enforced.  No one has a right to immigrate here.  We allow you

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @7    6 years ago

We need to allow a hell of a lot more. The Baby Boomers are retiring and there aren't enough active workers to support their asses. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
7.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1    6 years ago

I'm all for immigration.  It needs to be merit based though.  What good does it do to allow immigrants here who only compete for jobs with citizens?  I don't care if a job needs 1 person or 1 million.  Allow immigrants in that fill a needed economic role.  Why allow someone who onkybdrives the wages down of people already here?  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Pelosi really just needs to step down and hand the reins over to someone else. She is the single biggest campaign tool for the GOP.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
8.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    6 years ago

I would argue Cortez and Waters both give her a run for the money.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    6 years ago

How does anyone continue to support her? She doesn't even advocate for American citizens. She sees herself as a representative for people who are citizens of another country. That's nuts!

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.1  charger 383  replied to  Tacos! @9    6 years ago

they are more important to her, I don't understand why

96WS6
Junior Quiet
9.1.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  charger 383 @9.1    6 years ago

It's how they plan to expand the constituent base.