╌>

GoFundMe page for fired FBI agent Peter Strzok raises $130,000 in 10 hours

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  6 years ago  •  101 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Who says sending anti-Trump texts to your girlfriend doesn't pay? 

Sure, such texts cost Peter Strzok his 22-year career with the FBI, but they also seem to garner the disgraced former agent a lot of support – enough to raise more than $130,000 for his legal expenses in just 10 hours on a GoFundMe page

The page, launched Monday by "Friends Of Special Agent Peter Strzok," seeks $150,000 to be "put into a trust dedicated to covering Pete’s hefty – and growing – legal costs and his lost income." 

"Peter Strzok, a man who has spent his entire life working to help keep us and our nation safe, has been fired," reads a message on the GoFundMe page. "He needs your help."

The post goes on to say that Strzok has "been the target of highly politicized attacks, including frequent slanderous statements from President Trump, who actively – and apparently successfully – pressured FBI officials to fire Pete." 

It also says his firing did not follow the FBI’s "normal and independent process" because it overruled "the decision of the career professionals in the FBI’s disciplinary division." 

In less than half a day, the page drew in donations from more than 3,000 donors. The largest were three donations of $1,000. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

It seems Trump and the gop are intent upon purging the FBI of lifelong loyal Republicans...

FYI, James Comey, Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok are all conservative Big R Republicans.

I expect before this is all over they will all be completely vindicated and probably reinstated.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @1    6 years ago
I expect before this is all over they will all be completely vindicated and probably reinstated.

It doesn't really matter.   Because if they aren't i'm sure you will find a way to complain how they were treated unfairly and railroaded by the system.

$232,237 by 5,780 people in just 21 hours...

Once again proving the old saying "A fool and their money are soon parted"

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    6 years ago

Spot on, Sparty On.  The President didn't fire this asshole.  The office of professional conduct made a recommendation and the chief of the FBI made the decision to fire him, deservedly so.  This guy obviously lacked the integrity that his FBI career demands.  If you can't be trusted to be honest, how can you be an FBI Agent?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.1    6 years ago
The office of professional conduct made a recommendation

The OPC's recommendation was not firing Strzok who was fired for political reason on Trump's demand...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @1.1.2    6 years ago
The OPC's recommendation was not firing Strzok who was fired for political reason on Trump's demand..

Yep. Trumpsters don't concern themselves with the facts though. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.4  Phoenyx13  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.1    6 years ago
This guy obviously lacked the integrity that his FBI career demands. If you can't be trusted to be honest, how can you be an FBI Agent?

are you holding an FBI Agent to higher standards than other government positions ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.2    6 years ago

Prove it.

Should be simple enough, what do you have?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago

Prove it then. Should be simple enough, so what have you got in the way of proof?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

DITTO

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @2    6 years ago

Strzok's GFM account has raised, "Drum Roll Please", $232,237 by 5,780 people in just 21 hours...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    6 years ago

B. F. D.

Another big payoff for a lawyer.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    6 years ago
Another big payoff for a lawyer.

The fund is to replace Strzok's lost income also...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    6 years ago

If you think a lawyer is working for free ………………………………..LMFAO!

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

Strzok's GoFundMe account it, "TRENDING", and will exceed its now $350,000 goal within hours...

PJ
Masters Quiet
4  PJ    6 years ago

Thanks for sharing.  I contributed

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  PJ @4    6 years ago
I contributed

With the help of good people like you Peter Strzok's GoFundMe account should reach a million dollars...

I expect he'll need it to complete his appeals. Conservatives should be outraged at what Trump is doing.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to    6 years ago
What did Trump do?

Illegally conspire with Vlad Putin to hack HRC and the DNC and to enlist Putin's Troll army to help get himself illegitimately elected...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  gooseisgone @4.1.3    6 years ago

They can't.

It is just as simple as that.

Now, they might give lots of words in answers, but you can rest assured PROOF will not be included!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5  Cerenkov    6 years ago

Crime DOES pay...

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Cerenkov @5    6 years ago
Crime DOES pay...

What crime has Strzok been accused of? Not a one. He sent a dumb joke of a private text to his girlfriend.

When conservatives start losing their lifelong careers for dumb stuff they post on social media we can talk.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2  It Is ME  replied to  Cerenkov @5    6 years ago

You'd think the Liberal Types would "Contribute" that money to the "Poor" instead of some Ex. FBI HACK. It' about Priorities I suppose.  Eye Roll

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.2.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  It Is ME @5.2    6 years ago
You'd think the Liberal Types would "Contribute" that money to the "Poor" instead of some Ex. FBI HACK. It' about Priorities I suppose. 

Actually WE DO!

And unlike Conservative types who give primarily to RELIGIOUS charities, Liberals give broadly (BUT TO BE FAIR, NOT AS MUCH AS THE STEREOTYPES imply.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @5.2.1    6 years ago
And unlike Conservative types who give primarily to RELIGIOUS charities

That sounds very much like a sweeping generalization to me.   That isn't even remotely true in my case so i'd honestly like to see what information you are basing that comment on.   

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  A. Macarthur @5.2.1    6 years ago
Actually WE DO!

Except for $350,000 and growing. But that's just "Crumbs. confused

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.2    6 years ago
i'd honestly like to see what information you are basing that comment on.   

Why must righties constantly ask for documentation of what is public knowledge outside their opaque bubble?

What the MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it. (One of the things that makes social scientists skeptical of the benchmark survey Brooks used, in fact, is that it somehow concluded that liberals are richer than conservatives.)

The degree of religious contribution is important, because a 2007 study by Indiana University found that  only 10% to 25% of church donations end up being spent on social welfare purposes, of which assistance to the poor is only a subset. In other words, if you think of "giving" as "giving to the poor," a lot of the money donated by conservatives may be missing the target.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @5.2.4    6 years ago

Oh boy ..... I'm a "righty" eh?   Well, yipee-ki-yay for me.

That said, your link CLEARLY does not prove that conservatives give PRIMARILY to religious organizations.   You can try again or you could just let the person i posed the question to answer the question.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @5.2.4    6 years ago

I do believe that many people give primarily for the tax credit not because they have big hearts

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.6    6 years ago

I agree but it can be both.   Good for the soul and the pocketbook.

I know it is for me with many of the groups i donate to.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.3  PJ  replied to  Cerenkov @5    6 years ago

Yes it does.  It get's you the Presidency.  devil

JBB
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

If Strzok's private text damaged the FBI, what do Trump's dumb lying public Tweets do to the Presidency?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  lennylynx  replied to  JBB @6    6 years ago

Clapping  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6    6 years ago

Is the subject of your seed the Go Fund me page for Strzok, or Trump?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    6 years ago
Is the subject of your seed the Go Fund me page for Strzok, or Trump?

All of the above. Quit sniping at those who are contributing to this article. Nobody appreciates your nonsense...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.1    6 years ago

It is a legitimate question, based on comments here by you and others, and based on what the title and content of the article seeded are.

Excuse me for thinking perhaps this was an article about a Go Fund Me page set up for Strzok and how much money it has raised,

See, that is why I ask, so I'll be on-topic.

I am sorry I didn't realize it was another "Hate Trump" article.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.2    6 years ago
I didn't realize it was another "Hate Trump" article.

The article is about overwhelming public support for Strzok after he was illegitimate firing by Trump...

I am not the topic. Quit trolling this article and either contribute or kick sand. Either way I don't care.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.3    6 years ago

All I ask for is proof of your theory that Trump fired him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6.2.1    6 years ago
'All of the above. Quit sniping at those who are contributing to this article. Nobody appreciates your nonsense...'

applause thumbs up

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.2.3    6 years ago

Overwhelming support?

Are you freaking kidding me?

How does less than 10k people equate to overwhelming support in a country of some 320 MILLION?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Let's subpoena all the FBI e-mails transmitted from the time the POTUS PRIMARIES BEGAN, up to  election day … have them scrutinized for incidents of partisan politicking and do so via a bi-partisan commission with a NEUTRAL THIRD-PERSON ARBITRATOR!

Post the results on a website open to the public with the tally as follows:

E-MAILS CONTAINING …

1) ANTI-TRUMP COMMENTS

2) ANTI-CLINTON COMMENTS

Let's see why TRUMP-precipitated FBI DEMOTIONS and FIRINGS are limited ONLY TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH WHOM COMEY SHARED HIS NOTES RE:THE FLYNN CONVERSATION!

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  A. Macarthur @7    6 years ago

That certainly seems fair to me. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8  Spikegary    6 years ago

As Sparty On said earlier, just goes to prove the truth in the saying 'A fool and his money are soon parted'.

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.1  PJ  replied to  Spikegary @8    6 years ago

I know!  Trump had to file bankruptcy how many times......  It's quite embarrassing but as you say, a fool and his money.  What's worse is those who vote this person into Office based on false credentials.  What should we call them I wonder........

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  PJ @8.1    6 years ago

Not that Presdient Trump or bankruptcies really have anything to do with this article.  In football we called a fake like this an off-tackle slant.....generally a short yardage play.

How many companies?  Approx. 500 (according to wiki)

How many bankruptcies?  6 seems to be the agreed upon number (from the Washington Post)

What is the national average?  Looked at several sources and generally 50% make it 4-5 years before folding.

So, it seems as if his percentages as a businessman are far better than average.  I could do the math for you, but you wouldn't really care.

The bottom line?  Strozk deserved to be fired and was.  See?  There is justice in this world.  If you want to spend your money to help support this lying, cheating person, knock yourself out.  It's (or was) your money.  I'm sure there are many far more deserving charities out there.

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.1.3  PJ  replied to  Spikegary @8.1.1    6 years ago

Yes, I did one of the things I hate when others do it to me.  I did a whataboutism.  I apologize because Trump's role in this has nothing to do with the money he lost but more about misusing his position to get people fired who opposed his election.

I'm surprised that you can discard and discount everything in this man's career simply because he tweeted negative comments about the President.  It seems incredibly thin skinned.

I'm assuming your career was perfect since you can so easily dismiss everything Mr. Strzok has done for the country.    You put a career man up against a man who dodged service 4 times over and pick the dodger?  What's wrong with this picture.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  PJ @8.1.3    6 years ago

Trump was so disreputable as a borrower no American banks would loan to him so he became beholding to Russian banks...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @8.1.2    6 years ago

Those business bankruptcies forced his investors to take the hit while Trump protected some of his own interests. They are nothing to be proud of or blow off. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @8.1.1    6 years ago

I did the math. It's 1.2%

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  PJ @8.1.3    6 years ago
It seems incredibly thin skinned.

It does, doesn't it.

I was about to engage in whataboutism but I think I will refrain

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.1.10  Spikegary  replied to  PJ @8.1.3    6 years ago

I haven't picked anyone over anyone.  I do not believe that you have someone running an investigation, searching for the truth, when you already have your goal set and are just trying to collect evidence to get you to your pre-determined goal.  That is not the business the FBI is in and that's why he lost his job.  Additionally, I'm sure there is some 'moral' issues that the FBI has rules about, that he violated.

You seem to allow your emotions, your likes and hatreds, to determine how you see things.

Trump had to file bankruptcy how many times...... 

And now, you are moving the goal posts again.  In fact, trying to hide the goal posts.

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.1.11  PJ  replied to  Spikegary @8.1.10    6 years ago

Gary - You picked Trump over Strzok when you decided that it was okay that this President harass and use his bully pulpit to launch a campaign against our civil servants and our intelligence community. 

I am sick to death of Trump supporters making excuses EVERYDAY for this man.  He is the worst human being to run our country in my lifetime.  I don't want to hear Trump supporters bitch one more day about being called deplorable.   They have allowed that term to become true.  To ignore common civility and human decency IS deplorable and pathetic.  

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and I concede that I do allow my emotions to dictate how I feel about things depending on the issue.  AND because I can acknowledge this about myself I'm also able to take a step back and re-evaluate the situation.  Sometimes I will correct myself and other times I will stay the course.

I don't want to argue about this with you anymore.  You have your opinion about me and I have my opinion about Trump supporters.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1.12  Skrekk  replied to  PJ @8.1.11    6 years ago
I have my opinion about Trump supporters. 

I suspect your opinion is shared not just by the majority of Americans but the majority of the world's population.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Spikegary @8    6 years ago
'A fool and his money are soon parted'.

Tell that to all the people who were ripped of by Trump University or all the contractors Trump stiffed...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.2    6 years ago

So Trump is the real story here, disguised as an article about Strzok and a Go Fund Me page?

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.1    6 years ago

Strzok was illegitimately and probably illegally fired contrary to agency standards on Trump's orders so Trump is on topic...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.2.2    6 years ago

So then you should be able to easily prove what you say.

Show how and when Trump got him fired.

And while you are at it, if Trump did it (which he didn't), why would he wait so long to do it?

I will wait for your proof.

Should I go to an early lunch and come back later for it?

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.3    6 years ago

Nobody should have to feed you public information known to anyone interested.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.2.4    6 years ago

That is GREAT!!

I linked that exact article on another seed, too!

Here is my favorite part from that source:

WASHINGTON — Peter Strzok, the F.B.I. senior counterintelligence agent who disparaged President Trump in inflammatory text messages and helped oversee the Hillary Clinton email and Russia investigations, has been fired for violating bureau policies, Mr. Strzok’s lawyer said Monday.

I do appreciate you proving MY point, though!

Clapping

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.2.4    6 years ago

By the way, why on earth would Mueller remove Strzok from his investigation if he did absolutely nothing wrong?

Wouldn't that be rather illogical?

Do you think Mueller is illogical?

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.5    6 years ago

Strzok was fired for purely political reasons on Trump's probably illegal orders unless you can prove otherwise...

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.2.8  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.6    6 years ago

I think Mueller is strategic.  He knew that even the appearance would be used to sow the seeds of doubt.  He took Mr. Strzok off the investigation to protect the investigation because the Republican's can no longer be counted on to exercise their constitutional duties.

Just like David Bowdich firing Mr. Strzok even though it was not the recommendation.  He did it for other reasons.  Some suggest it was to send a message throughout the FBI.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.2.7    6 years ago

The burden of proof always lies with the accuser.

You accuse Trump, back it up with real facts, not guesses and speculation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @8.2.8    6 years ago

So Mueller removed him for political reasons?

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.2.11  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.10    6 years ago

That is my belief.  I could be wrong and perhaps we will learn the reasons some day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @8.2.11    6 years ago

Please engage your super-power and come up with something more!

Wink

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.2.14  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.13    6 years ago

That's all I got.  I've been under the weather for about a week so my powers are not at full strength.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @8.2.14    6 years ago

Get well soon!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.2.16  Spikegary  replied to  JBB @8.2.7    6 years ago

Prove it.  While you are doing that, answer Texan's questions.  Unless you are just full of it and can't.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Spikegary @8.2.16    6 years ago

Silent as a little lamb!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
11  Split Personality    6 years ago

$250,000 in  donations and growing....

The goal has now been changed to $350,000......per Fox News.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
11.1  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @11    6 years ago
This campaign is trending!

$299,796 of $350,000 goal

Raised by 7,668 people in 1 day
I'm guessing it will be pointless to track this in real time............it seems to be very popular.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Split Personality @11.1    6 years ago

Update - 2:30 P.M. Eastern Time - $309,992 of $350,000 goal met - Strzok may go into politics...

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.1.2  livefreeordie  replied to  JBB @11.1.1    6 years ago

deleted

JBB
Professor Principal
11.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  livefreeordie @11.1.2    6 years ago

Nonsense. Update: due to overwhelming support for Strzok his original goal has been met and enlarged...

$382,018 of $500,000 goal - It could not have been done without you...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @11.1.3    6 years ago

Trust me on this--it WAS done without me!

Do you even realize what a tiny drop in the bucket less than 10,000 people are when compared to how many people there are in America?

Overwheliming support?

Phffft.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  JBB @11.1.3    6 years ago

deleted