╌>

Missouri school suspends teen for dyeing hair bright red

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  12 comments

A Missouri teenager ran afoul of her schools strict dress code when she dyed her hair a bright auburn shade.

The principal at West County High School told junior Savannah Keesee she could not attend classes with an unnatural hair color. He sent her home Monday and told her she was suspended until she changed it.

He goes, 'your hair is really bright,' I said, 'OK.' He goes, 'you need to call your mom and have her come pick you up,' Keesee, 16, told Fox2Now in St. Louis Tuesday. So I tried to go back today and he said I couldnt stay because my hair was still the same color.

Sheri Keesee said she helped her daughter dye her hair with a box of Garnier Fructis.

She just wanted it a little bit different, the mother said. We had a bunch of snow days, and did some girl stuff and we dyed her hair.

District Superintendent Stacy Stevens says the schools hair color policy has been in place for decades. The policy bars non-natural hair colors like green, purple or green.

I think our students and parents are accepting of it, Stevens told the station. Its been in place a long time, and so we feel like its a policy that works.

Her mother told the Leadwood Daily Journal that Savannah went to the salon Wednesday evening to have her hair re-dyed.

Her hair is now a brownish shade with an auburn tint.

I think it looks great and Im glad the girls at the salon took the time to do it, she told the paper.

Savannah showed off her new hair color when she returned to school Thursday.

Still, she feels the school singled her out because other girls with similar color shades havent gotten suspended.

I think its pretty unfair, she said.

Savannah kept up with her schoolwork during her suspension. Her absences are also going to be excused.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/15/missouri-school-suspends-teen-for-dying-hair-bright-red/?intcmp=latestnews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

For crying out loud.....she gets suspended just because she dyed her hair red.......

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

I was expecting this color:

2137_discussions.jpg when in fact, it was this color:

2138_discussions.jpg You can tell by her complexion that she is a natural red-head. If I had passed her on the street, I would never have known it wasn't her natural color.

Oy.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    9 years ago

Good thing the Duchess of York didn't attend school in Missouri! It's not like this young girl dyed her hair Bozo The Clown red :)

Nona62
Professor Silent

If I had passed her on the street, I would never have known it wasn't her natural color.

Neither would I...

Nona62
Professor Silent

2139_discussions.jpg 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif I was picturing this color..

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

AARRRRUUUUGHHHH! Gingers!!!!Grin.gif

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

Bozo!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I never realized until just this minute that Bozo was bald on top. Has he always been, or am I just now noticing?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

He has a very weird white scalp too.....smuggling coke in his hair?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

She is a very pretty girl, and it doesn't look that bright to me. Now, if it was blue, green, or purple, I could see them suspending her.

One of my son's friends dyes her hair with kool aid. One day, she has green, another blue, another orange... She's a natural redhead, too. I think she dyes her hair to match her outfits. Being kool aid, it does wash out, after a while.

I think a lot of the colors they advertise on TV look unnatural. As far as suspending her, that seems to be a bit extreme.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    9 years ago

My son was sent home from school once because he wore the wrong color! Who knew "baby blue" was a gang color? 106.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    9 years ago

What the heck?

What will they do with the real red heads (like me)?

This is just insane.

Nona62
Professor Silent

pffft...