╌>

Photo Essay - Part 3 of My Day Trip To A Garden Park

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  20 comments

"'To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure, is the most perfect refreshment.'" —Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

As with the original parts 1 and 2 of my Day Trip series, I have remastered and improved the photos, and am posting this as it was originally posted in November of 2016 on the Creative Arts group, so it will not have been seen by many of the present-day NT members.  I have noted that most of the politics-fixated members won't bother to look anyway - their loss.  This part will consist mostly of photos and little verbiage, because there isn’t a lot I have to say or describe - the photos are self-explanatory.  Enjoy the beauty and uniqueness of the park, as I have done.

5.  Sorry I couldn't make this legible. At least the name is, "Jin Jiang Garden".

6.  A monument to the ancient cleaning staff.

512 Scroll

13.  Why is it that watching a waterfall is such a soothing experience?

14.   These figures were carved out of tree trunks.

18.  And finally, here is where I ended up, sitting down and watching the huge goldfish - and as Jane Austen said, "very refreshing".

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

For those who are NOT so obsessed with politics, and especially with Trump, blinding themselves to anything else, I will continue to post my recording of a culture that is foreign and rarely seen by most, as both educational and hopefully refreshing, notwithstanding.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    6 years ago

it is very refreshing

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Glad to see this, Buzz; not only do your essays provide unique visual and educational value, they are a much needed dose of civility!

KEEP 'EM COMING!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @3    6 years ago
"KEEP 'EM COMING!"

You can bet on it.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
4  dave-2693993    6 years ago

The art work is wonderful. The trees and trunks in particular.

Thank you Buzz

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I apologize for the problem in viewing my photos.  Although I never had this problem before, I can no longer adjust the size of my photos to fit the viewable window.  They all automatically come out at the same width, a little more than 50% of the window width.  The biggest problems are the ones in portrait format, tall and thin, that I adjust so the whole photo can be seen in one window without having to scroll - they now automatically get expanded to the equal width with the landscape-oriented ones, which means they far exceed the height of a single page and have to be scrolled to see the whole photo.  Does anyone know what I can do to return to my usual fitting the photos so they can be seen on one page view?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
5.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    6 years ago

I am having the exact same problem over on the Mustang thread.

Actually there were 2 problems.

There is a change in how URLs are handled and my last photos could not be resized.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dave-2693993 @5.1    6 years ago

The problem has now been solved by TiG. See if you can do your posting like previously now.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
5.1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.1    6 years ago

Alright, I will give it a try a little later.

Thanks to TiG for fixing it and you for coordinating with him.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.1    6 years ago

The problem has now been solved by TiG. See if you can do your posting like previously now.

But whoever* wrote the original code for these sites must have been a deliberate sadist, or else someone who flunked his programming course in college-- I have never, ever seen such convoluted code in my life!)
(*it says "Jamroom" at the bottom of the page)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    6 years ago

THE PROBLEM HAS NOW BEEN SOLVED BY TiG.  Here is what he told me:

"It was almost predictable. We put in aggressive filters to strip out dangerous HTML. But this causes us to sometimes lose good HTML. We will have a few more issues no doubt as we fine-tune the gray area."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Quoted from the article itself:

”I have noted that most of the politics-fixated members won't bother to look anyway - their loss.”

Obviously I wasn't wrong about such narrow-minded, artistically and culturally limited, unsophisticated individuals, was I.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    6 years ago
narrow-minded, artistically and culturally limited, unsophisticated individuals,

Those type of people are drawn to Internet discussion sites like flies to honey. Occasionally the extreme shallowness of these people gets to me-- from time to time I have considered quitting the Internet site I was using at the time and deleting my account. (And that's been going on for me for well over 30 years...)

But I never did..,

(Usually what I do is take an extended break. The longest was once on NV-- I just stopped using it for over a year!).

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

I find the statue of the Buddha spectacular and, I love the idea of the "monument to the cleaning staff", I find the whole place to be refreshing, I just wish I could see it in person, smell the smells and, hear the birds. I love to watch a waterfall but, the sound has another effect on me jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png Nature is not kind sometimes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7    6 years ago
"I love to watch a waterfall but, the sound has another effect on me  Nature is not kind sometimes."

LOL.  I can't pour a glass of water from the water cooler without that happening.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    6 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  Krishna    6 years ago

Wonderful photos Buzz!

There is something unusual about them that creates an interesting effect. Did you do something unusual to the focus? Or was it something else?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8    6 years ago

Aha! You noticed.  Yes, I did a number of things. I sharpened them, sometimes a little too much. I slightly adjusted the saturation, the tone, the brightness and the contrast.  I reduced the size (the pixels were very high) levelled them and in many cases I cropped them, and I provided frames for them.  In other words I did a lot of doctoring of the photos.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Good to see a decent level of participation here.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @9    6 years ago

Although much of the participation has to do with a technical NT problem, I am happy that as many as EIGHT members have actually checked in on this photo-essay - could almost be a record.  It's also nice of you to steal some time away from your prolific commenting on the Kavanaugh issue to participate here.