╌>

Yet Again, Hillary Clinton Exhibits Shameless Hypocrisy on Questioning Election Legitimacy

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  6 years ago  •  25 comments

Yet Again, Hillary Clinton Exhibits Shameless Hypocrisy on Questioning Election Legitimacy
Hillary Clinton has repeatedly shown that she has become the very threat to democracy she previously warned us all about.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Just weeks before the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and many of her corporate news media allies were attacking Donald Trump for his refusal to say whether he would accept the results of the 2016 presidential election.

Now Clinton has come out this week with an article in The Atlantic and tweets questioning the legitimacy of the 2016 election, questioning that she previously said was "threatening our democracy."

In her article in The Atlantic published this past Sunday claiming " American democracy is in crisis ," her claim is that there are questions about the legitimacy of our elections:

Second, the legitimacy of our elections is in doubt.
There’s Russia’s ongoing interference and Trump’s complete unwillingness to stop it or protect us. There’s voter suppression, as Republicans put onerous—and I believe illegal—requirements in place to stop people from voting. There’s gerrymandering, with partisans—these days, principally Republicans—drawing the lines for voting districts to ensure that their party nearly always wins. All of this carries us further away from the sacred principle of “one person, one vote.”

Leave aside that voting requirements have been repeatedly examined by federal courts in many states, and that gerrymandering is hardly exclusive to Republicans, the fact is that Clinton slammed Trump in October 2016 for throwing doubt upon our elections.

Just yesterday she raised the issue of the legitimacy of our elections on Twitter:

This is in stark contrast to her pre-election statements two years ago:

She even invoked President Obama on the matter:

As I noted last year here at PJ Media, Hillary Clinton has been a shameless hypocrite when it comes to questioning the legitimacy of our elections.

So what changed? Well, for one, she lost against all media and polling expectations — the "sore loser" effect.

Then she seized upon a media-driven narrative that she had lost because of election interference by the Russians in support of Trump.

She was pushing that narrative just last night during her appearance of MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show :

The reality, however, is that the claimed Russian influence on the 2016 election was minuscule at best.

Among the items cited by those clinging to this conspiracy theory is that Russian fronts ran Facebook ads during the election.

But the $100,000 spent on approximately 3,000 Russian Facebook ads isn't even a rounding error compared to the $2.7 billion spent on the 2016 election, and there's no evidence that these ads had any effect influencing voters in swing states.

A review of the ads also found that at times they were at cross-purposes with each other, and appeared to be intended to sow division and not favor any one candidate.

Last September, Facebook published a statement on the ads, stating:

• The vast majority of ads run by these accounts didn’t specifically reference the US presidential election, voting or a particular candidate.
  • Rather, the ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum — touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights.

In fact, as the Washington Post reported , some of those Russian Facebook ads aimed to bolster support for Hillary Clinton with Muslim women, along with other "liberal" causes and groups, including Black Lives Matter.

Other ads promoted a pro-Beyonce rally.

Also, at the time of the 2016 elections, the president was none other than Barack Obama, whose administration she had served in.

If anyone was responsible for combating Russian interference in that election, it was the Obama administration.

But it appears no one really cared until Hillary Clinton lost the election.

In fact, the Obama administration took no action against the Putin regime until the last days of his presidency.

Obama's Secretary of State John Kerry later defended their administration's inaction and admitted that sanctions were only put in place after the election.

The Trump administration sanctioned 16 Russian entities and individuals in March 2018 for their interference in the 2016 election and has touted their efforts to secure future elections, including $380 million in grants to secure state electoral systems.

Hillary Clinton gave a speech in October 2016 at St. Anselm College, where she said that Trump's refusal to say he would respect the results of the election were "truly horrifying" and "a direct threat to our democracy."

Now Hillary Clinton has repeatedly shown that she has become the very threat to democracy she previously warned us all about.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“As I noted last year here at PJ Media, Hillary Clinton has been a shameless hypocrite when it comes to questioning the legitimacy of our elections.

So what changed? Well, for one, she lost against all media and polling expectations — the "sore loser" effect.

Then she seized upon a media-driven narrative that she had lost because of election interference by the Russians in support of Trump.

She was pushing that narrative just last night during her appearance of MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show:”

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

Hillary Clinton is shameless.  She who was so worried about Trump questioning the election results had she won and making a campaign issue of it.  Now that she is a sore loser to the deplorable America she detests, she’s being a complete hypocrite.  No surprise there though.  That is who and what she is.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    6 years ago
She who was so worried about Trump questioning the election results

Trump won because the election was rigged, he said so himself many times. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @2.1    6 years ago

So Obama LIED when he said that there was no way Russia could do it?

President Obama to Donald Trump About 'Rigged' Elections ...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/president-obama...

President Barack Obama on Tuesday downplayed Donald Trump's suggestion that November's election is "rigged," and said the GOP presidential nominee needs to toughen up. "I'd advise Mr. Trump to stop whining and try to go make his case to get votes," Obama said at a White House news conference alongside Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    6 years ago

So you are saying that trump lied? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    6 years ago
So Obama LIED when he said that there was no way Russia could do it?

He told Romney that he was stupid for thinking the Russians were our biggest "Geopolitical" foe too. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.2    6 years ago

Yes, Trump lies. So did Obama.

Next?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.3    6 years ago

And amazingly, in less than a decade, Russia is once again turned onto a #1 foe!

I wonder if it too late to get a refund on that whole Russian Reset Button thingy?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    6 years ago
I wonder if it too late to get a refund on that whole Russian Reset Button thingy?

That should feed a few vets and homeless for a year or so. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    6 years ago

I think it will be China 🇨🇳 that will be our #1 rival in the present and future.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @2.1    6 years ago

It was rigged against Trump with the great blue e.c. Wall.  He overcame the rigging against him and won anyway.  jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

lib50
Professor Silent
3  lib50    6 years ago

You know, I was going to read the article, but couldn't get through it.  This is just not that topical,  it's just more 'look over there at Hillary'.  She can speak her mind and I agree with much of what she says, but the only ones truly making an issue are conservatives.  She is just a private person with a pov telling the truth about what Russians did to help Trump win.  Suck it up and deal with THAT, which happens to be the main issue, Russian interference in our election to help Trump. Still unknown how much Trump cooperated, but Mueller likely knows.   That's a fact so stop pretending otherwise.  We all know the GOP controls all branches of government,  don't you have more important things to deal with besides what Hillary said on Rachel Maddow? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  lib50 @3    6 years ago
don't you have more important things to deal with besides what Hillary said on Rachel Maddow? 

Sadly, no they don't. The POTUS is an epic failure, so all they have left is, "hey, look over there!!!!". 

PJ media is a far right wing conspiracy/opinion web site that spreads fake news and daily dem hit pieces. It's a garbage web site.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @3.1    6 years ago

jrSmiley_52_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.2    6 years ago

Sour grapes 🍇 are all that they have left after they vented the others in their grapes 🍇 of wrath.   😡  😤