╌>

Cory Booker Admitted to Groping Classmate in 1992

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  6 years ago  •  72 comments

Cory Booker Admitted to Groping Classmate in 1992
“I slowly reached for her breast,” he recalled. “After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark.'”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., admitted to having groped a high school classmate in a column for his college newspaper, saying he had “a wake up call” about sexual respect, according to The Washington Post.

Booker recounted the story in The Stanford Daily 1992, while a student at Stanford University. He wrote that on New Year’s Eve 1984, when the senator was 15, he gave a female friend a hug and she gave him “an overwhelming kiss.”

“I slowly reached for her breast,” he recalled. “After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark.'”

He uses the term “groping” to describe the encounter, which he says did not last long. The Post notes that his column and incident were first uncovered by the Daily Caller in 2013, and that Booker had little to say about it during his first run for Senate, or in the years since. He was elected to the Senate in a special election that year, and re-elected the next.

“Ever since puberty, I remember receiving messages that sex was a game, a competition,” he wrote. “Sexual relations were best achieved through luck, guile, strategy or coercion.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    6 years ago

He actually says "HE DID IT" !

And "Spartacus" is considering on running for President in 2020.

But he's a "Changed" man now ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

What happened in the past, is just that ...… THE PAST ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

When he was in high school, Cory Booker, the New Jersey Democrat and possible White House contender, groped his classmate. He reached for her breast, and when she swatted his hand away, he made another attempt.

In another piece, also penned in 1992, he wrote about efforts to overcome his own bigotry. “I hated gays,” he admitted. “The disgust and latent hostility I felt toward gays were subcategories of hatred, plain and simple.”

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  It Is ME @1    6 years ago

There is, of course, one glaring difference between this and the Kavanaugh incident.  Cory Booker realized that what he did was wrong, admitted it, and owned it.  He became a better man because of it.  Kavanaugh?  He will deny, obfuscate, and bully his victim.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    6 years ago

The only difference is, Corey ACTUALLY DID IT !

But he's a "Changed" man...…. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

He still ACTUALLY DID IT !

This #metoo movement has got to ya huh.

Everyone's guilty until proven innocent.

If I were you, I'd dig deeper into the Keith Ellison. That women apparently has actual medical records to back her story up. Keith wants to be an Attorney General..... An Uber high rank in the Policing business. 

The women accusing Kavanaugh has NOTHING !

cms5
Freshman Quiet
1.1.2  cms5  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    6 years ago
Kavanaugh?  He will deny, obfuscate, and bully his victim.

So, you have determined that Kavanaugh is GUILTY as accused? How many people have recently been released from prison who were NOT GUILTY but instead Publicly railroaded? Hint: You will need to hold up more than one hand.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    6 years ago
There is, of course, one glaring difference between this and the Kavanaugh incident.  Cory Booker realized that what he did was wrong, admitted it, and owned it.  He became a better man because of it.

Would that have made a difference for you? If Kavanaugh had immediately said that this event happened, but he was a dumb drink kid and he knows better now, would you endorse him for the Supreme Court?

It's a genuine question. My thought all along was that I kind of hoped the accusation was true and that Kavanaugh would own it, while condemning it. I think that would be extraordinary. I also think Democrats would universally refuse to forgive him for it.

He will deny, obfuscate, and bully his victim.

I fail to see how Kavanaugh is bullying anyone. All he has done is deny the accusation. How is that bullying?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    6 years ago
There is, of course, one glaring difference between this and the Kavanaugh incident.

I think the big difference was "she gave him “an overwhelming kiss.”.

That would be seen by most as a green light. Admittedly, pushing the hand away was the girl setting boundaries, and after pushing those boundaries the 15 year old Booker realized his error and had a "wake up call" about sexual respect. I'd consider that very admirable, not something to try and malign the Senator with 34 years later.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.4    6 years ago
That would be seen by most as a green light

Now when did a "Kiss" come to mean "Cop a feel" again ?

Seems to me, if the women doing the kissing wanted it, she'd initiate the "Feel" first.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.6  SteevieGee  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.5    6 years ago

Joining the me too movement now?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.7  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.6    6 years ago
Joining the me too movement now?

How much did it cost you ?

Only asking 'cause I'm sure there is a fee.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.8  Skrekk  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.4    6 years ago
Admittedly, pushing the hand away was the girl setting boundaries, and after pushing those boundaries the 15 year old Booker realized his error and had a "wake up call" about sexual respect. I'd consider that very admirable, not something to try and malign the Senator with 34 years later.

Bingo.   And Booker respected the boundaries which the girl set, unlike Kavanaugh who tried to squelch the screams of his victim.

Another glaring difference is that Booker freely admits what he did.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.8    6 years ago

Is Kavanaugh supposed to confess to something he didn’t do to please the political left?  

bccrane
Freshman Silent
1.1.10  bccrane  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.5    6 years ago

Booker missed his chance at 15, here he was getting sexually assaulted by a girl who was trying to get him to go further, but when he reached for her tissue stuffed bra instead of her waist and butt she became embarrassed and pushed his hand away, he totally misread it. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.11  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  bccrane @1.1.10    6 years ago

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.9    6 years ago
Is Kavanaugh supposed to confess to something he didn’t do to please the political left?

No, he is supposed to deny it, even when there is proof that Dr. Ford is telling the truth, to please the political right. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  seeder  It Is ME    6 years ago

Corey Booker = "Thank you mam....may I have another" !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    6 years ago

Even if it's true, he admitted he did it and admitted it was wrong. When will trump come out and admit he groped women, and apologize? Oh that's right, he is too busy golfing and attacking the victims of sexual assault. NVM. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago

How do you manage to make every topic about Trump?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    6 years ago
How do you manage to make every topic about Trump?

Syndrome.….Syndrome.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    6 years ago

It is kind of sad and pathetic, isn't it?

Poor things.

I have pity for them.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    6 years ago
It is kind of sad and pathetic, isn't it?

Funny how Their "Political Gander" really never seems to have to live up to their "Goose", but everyone else's does.

Oh, they throw a sacrificial crumb or two here and there, but never demand of all the "Ganders" in the party.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to    6 years ago
The deranged part seems to be very evident.

Make "Seems"...….."IS", and ya really got something there !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    6 years ago

TDS!  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.7  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.6    6 years ago

Yep ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago
Even if it's true, he admitted he did it and admitted it was wrong.

The words "Even if it's true" and "admitted" in the same sentence ?

Does that really make sense to you ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    6 years ago
The words "Even if it's true" and "admitted" in the same sentence ?

It's basic English. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago
Even if it's true, he admitted he did it and admitted it was wrong.

And so if Kavanaugh had admitted it, would you be recommending him for the Supreme Court? I would.

When will trump come out and admit he groped women, and apologize?

If he did, would you applaud him for it and forgive him?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.1  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @3.3    6 years ago
And so if Kavanaugh had admitted it, would you be recommending him for the Supreme Court? I would.

I sure wouldn't.   Sexual predators don't belong on the court.    The fact that he's lying about it means he doubly doesn't belong there.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.1    6 years ago

Well, then, present your proof that Kavanaugh is lying.

And please, remember "She SAID!!" isn't proof.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.1    6 years ago
Sexual predators don't belong on the court.

We're talking about (allegedly) a drunk minor committing a very limited assault (probably on the spur of the moment) and there is no evidence he has ever done anything like that ever again. I just want us to be clear on the alleged facts before you classify him as a predator. The available information paints him - at worst - as someone who did something inappropriate one time when he was drunk and underage.

Therefore, I would say that by your definition, Corey Booker is also a sexual predator. Would you approve of him being on the Supreme Court? Should he remain in the Senate? He appears to be planning on running for president. Should he be disqualified from that position? If you're ok with Booker for president, then I guess you have no objection to Trump being president.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.4  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @3.3.3    6 years ago
Therefore, I would say that by your definition, Corey Booker is also a sexual predator.

You folks sure do engage in a lot of false equivalencies.    Responding to a kiss isn't remotely in the same ballpark as forcing someone into a room and attempting to rape her.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.4    6 years ago

So grabbing a woman's breast is a natural, normal reaction to a KISS??

LMFAO!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.6  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.4    6 years ago
Responding to a kiss isn't remotely in the same ballpark

By trying to feel her up without permission. Totally in the same ballpark. Stop apologizing for your sexual predator just because he's a Democrat.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.7  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.5    6 years ago
So grabbing a woman's breast is a natural, normal reaction to a KISS??

It certainly can be depending on the situation and in this case Booker says they were making out on a bed and she kissed him first.   Booker admits he shouldn't have tried again for her breast after having his hand slapped away once.

But establishing boundaries during a makeout session are a far cry from forcing an unwilling girl into a room and trying to gang rape her.    It's funny that you folks even try to equate the two but maybe that's why conservatives so often try to trivialize rape.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.8  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.7    6 years ago
Booker admits he shouldn't have tried again for her breast after having his hand slapped away once.

So he admits he did something wrong, but you can't. And the questions remain unanswered. Should this sexual predator remain in the Senate? Should he be allowed to run for office?

It's funny that you folks even try to equate the two

I'm not saying they're "equal." I'm saying both are unwanted sexual aggression and Booker himself declares his behavior was wrong. So we don't need to debate whether or not it was wrong. He has already said so. Therefore, he should resign from the Senate and not run for president. Right?

maybe that's why conservatives so often try to trivialize rape.
It wasn't Republicans who got a tip on a sexual assault and sat on the information until it was politically useful to leak it. It was Republicans who insisted we hear from the alleged victim as soon as possible. It is Democrats who keep trying to delay that interview and limit the information that will be heard.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.9  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @3.3.8    6 years ago
I'm not saying they're "equal." I'm saying both are unwanted sexual aggression and Booker himself declares his behavior was wrong.

They're not even on the same planet much less remotely equivalent.    One involves a mutual make-out session, the other an attempted gang rape.    That you think three's any comparison to be drawn says a lot about you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.10  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.7    6 years ago

What is really funny is that you claim an attempted gang rape and we all know that never happened.

Even Ford hasn't said that Kavanaugh's friend did anything other than jump on the bed and bounce them off of it so she could "escape".

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.11  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.10    6 years ago
Even Ford hasn't said that Kavanaugh's friend did anything other than jump on the bed and bounce them off of it so she could "escape".

Actually it sounds like Judge was trying to join in on the gang rape......after he had turned up the music to drown out any screams from the victim.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.12  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.11    6 years ago

Uh, uh, sure.

Then it wouldn't have been been necessary for Kavanaugh to allegedly cover her mouth, then would it?

And why didn't she ever say that Judge did ANYTHING?

The story keeps unraveling, one precious lie after another.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.13  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.11    6 years ago

How did Ford get home that night?

At what time did the alleged rape attempt occur, and at what time did she leave the "party"?

Did she call a cab? Her folks? A friend? Did someone at the "party" take her home?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.14  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.12    6 years ago
Then it wouldn't have been been necessary for Kavanaugh to allegedly cover her mouth, then would it?

According to the victim's statement the perps were doing both - cranking the tunes and asphyxiating their victim.    Apparently you haven't bothered to read it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.15  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.14    6 years ago

I have read it.

Please point it out where she claims that Judge attempted to asphyxiate the "victim".

Christine Ford's letter detailing sexual assault ... The Washington Examiner
6 days ago · Though she was sent the letter on July 30, Feinstein waited until last week, after the first details of the alleged incident came to light, to reveal in a statement that she referred the ...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.16  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.15    6 years ago

You mean where Ford says she feared she was going to die because of how Kavanaugh covered her mouth to squelch her screams?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.17  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.12    6 years ago
And why didn't she ever say that Judge did ANYTHING?

You obviously never read the letter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.18  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.16    6 years ago

No, I meant and asked where she said Judge tried to asphyxiate her, as you claimed in post 3.3.14.

I read the letter, it doesn't say that.

A little embellishment just unravels the story further.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.19  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.17    6 years ago

Yep, I read it, and reread it.

Have YOU read it?

Please point out the line where she claimed Judge tried to asphyxiate her.

Just cut and paste it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.17    6 years ago
ou obviously never read the letter.

You did?

please post a link to the unredacted letter. I'd like to see it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.21  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.16    6 years ago

gee, how come not a SINGLE ONE OF THE SO-CALLED "WITNESSES" HAVE CORRABORATED FORD'S "CLAIMS"??????

Are THEY ALL lying, or is Ford?

Who you going to believe--the word of one woman of the words of 3 people who deny what Ford says?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.22  Skrekk  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.20    6 years ago
please post a link to the unredacted letter. I'd like to see it.

You won't see the unredacted letter until after Ford testifies, if at all,   But this is what CNN has reported:

This has more details based on an interview with Ford:

The one thing that's clear here is that it seems true that conservatives lack empathy.   That's what makes them conservatives.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.23  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.22    6 years ago

Gee, that is the exact letter I read.

Where again does it say that Judge tried to asphyxiate her again? I can't seem to find it, but since you claimed it, I know you can point it out to me, right?

Right?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.24  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.23    6 years ago
Where again does it say that Judge tried to asphyxiate her again?

You mean where it says Kavanaugh covered Ford's mouth to squelch her screams and she felt he might inadvertently kill her?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.25  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.24    6 years ago

Why do you keep backing off of your earlier claim that Judge tried to asphyxiate her?

Is it NOT in the letter as you claimed earlier?

Were you mistaken?

Were you trying to embellish it because you know you are backing a losing horse?

Why do you keep deflecting?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.26  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.25    6 years ago
Why do you keep backing off of your earlier claim that Judge tried to asphyxiate her? Is it NOT in the letter as you claimed earlier?

It's both in the letter and in the Post's interview with Ford.    Why are you whining about it?

Here's the letter:

With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

Here's the interview:

When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth. “I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.27  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.24    6 years ago

Why has every single one of Ford's alleged "witnesses" failed to corroborate her story?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.28  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.26    6 years ago

You said the letter.

Care to amend your story, as Ford will have to?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.29  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.28    6 years ago
You said the letter.

It's in both.   Refresh and read my comment upthread again.

It sounds like either you didn't actually read the letter or you have problems with reading comprehension.

Why has every single one of Ford's alleged "witnesses" failed to corroborate her story?

You mean why did the two perps lie?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.30  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.29    6 years ago

You claimed both did it.

You are incorrect.

Kavanaugh accuser speaks for the first time in interview with Washington Post
Ford told the Washington Post that she was in attendance at a party ... did not respond to the Post’s requests for comment, but in an interview with The Wee…
ThinkProgress · 6d

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.31  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.29    6 years ago

Still not true.

Here:

California professor Christine Blasey Ford, writer of ...

In an interview, her husband, Russell Ford, said that in the 2012 sessions, she recounted being trapped in a room with two drunken boys, one of whom pinned her to a bed, molested her and prevented ...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.32  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.30    6 years ago
You claimed both did it. You are incorrect.

Both Kavanaugh and Judge were involved in the attempted rape according to Ford, with Judge urging Kavanaugh on.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.33  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.29    6 years ago

Her female lifelong friend ALSO denied ever attending a party with her and Kavanaugh.

Her friend!

What now?

What will be the next story?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.34  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.32    6 years ago

You keep changing the story.

Why is that?

Taking lessons from Ford?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.35  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.9    6 years ago
One involves a mutual make-out session, the other an attempted gang rape.

She was drunk. How is that mutual?

That you think three's any comparison to be drawn says a lot about you.

The fact you think feeling up a drunk girl is consensual says more about you.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.36  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.10    6 years ago
we all know

Who are you referring too? 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.37  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.33    6 years ago
Her female lifelong friend ALSO denied ever attending a party with her and Kavanaugh. Her friend!

You mean the one who says she believes Kavanaugh tried to rape Ford?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.38  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.37    6 years ago

The one AT the alleged party with only six other people in attendance.

The one who claims to have never met Kavanaugh.

The one who doesn't remember attending any party with Kavanaugh in attendance.

Big damn deal--she believes her friend. Such a good friend that Ford never even mentioned attempted rape to her? 

HA!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.39  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.36    6 years ago

Um, the accused, the witnesses, and the accuser.

And many others who have followed along.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.5  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago
Even if it's true, he admitted he did it

What the actual fuck?