╌>

Kavanaugh Hearing - SNL Cold Open (with Matt Damon)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  53 comments

Kavanaugh Hearing - SNL Cold Open  (with Matt Damon)
I don't know the meaning of the word "Stop"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

I'm a "keg is half" full kinda guy . . .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

single white male, 5'10" uncut. . . . 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

Your video was blocked by youtube. I'm reposting the full SNL cold open again.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  devangelical @1.1    6 years ago

Thanks!  :^)

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    6 years ago

Matt Damon does Brett Kavanaugh better than Brett Kavanaugh does Brett Kavanaugh!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    6 years ago

Matt Damon does Brett Kavanaugh better than Brett Kavanaugh does Brett Kavanaugh!

I agree...

Hey, here's an idea-- since apparently the Kavanaugh nomination may be in trouble-- perhaps Trump could be persuaded to withdraw that nomination, and and nominate Matt Damon in his place???

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

They wouldn't dare do the same to Christine Ford, who got a hearing with no evidence, no corroboration and a 10 day delay because she happens to be a frequent flyer who was afraid to fly. Instead we got to watch (if your'e slumming) mamby-pamby Matt Damon mock somebody who is 10 times the human being he could ever be. Chevy Chase is right, SNL has reached bottom.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    6 years ago
Matt Damon mock somebody who is 10 times the human being he could ever be.

Lol what is so great about Kavanaugh? For real, what has he done in his life that is so awesome? IMO he is just a dude who landed a pretty sweet gig with the federal government, little else. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1    6 years ago
Lol what is so great about Kavanaugh? For real, what has he done in his life that is so awesome?

You can't fathom that?

Let me enlighten you. Judge Kavanaugh hails from a distinguished family. His father was a lawyer and his mother was a Maryland Trial Judge and a trailblazer as a female prosecutor back in the day. 
Judge Kavanaugh graduated from Yale Law School, cum laude , and has served for 12 years on the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit as one of the finest Judges this nation has ever produced, He also teaches law at Harvard University.

Matt Damon, on the other hand, is a movie actor, among other things, makes faces & recites lines. He had a very hard time explaining his friend Harvey Weinstein thus:

• "We live in this culture of outrage and injury, and, you know, that we’re going to have to correct enough to kind of go, 'Wait a minute. None of us came here perfect.' You know what I mean?"

"I don’t know  Louis C.K.  I’ve never met him. I’m a fan of his, but I don’t imagine he’s going to do those things again. ...I imagine the price that he’s paid at this point is so beyond anything that he — I just think that we have to kind of start delineating between what these behaviors are."
  • "...at what point does somebody’s behavior that you have a professional relationship with … away from the profession bother enough that you don’t want to work with them? For me, I’ve always kind of, you know, as long as nobody’s committing a crime — well, that’s your life, and you go live it. I don’t need to be spending time with you, away from my professional life, at least."

• "If it’s a  friend of mine , I’m always talking to them. I know the real story if it’s my friend. If it’s a colleague … I don’t know … I guess it depends on the situation and the allegation and how believable I think it is."

• "Now … with social media, these stories get — it’s like they get gasoline poured on them. So the moment a claim is made, if you make that same claim today to me, I would be scorched earth. I’d go, 'I don’t care if it costs $10 million to fight this in court with you for 10 years, you are not taking my name from me. You are not taking my name and my reputation from me.'"

• "We have to get to a place where we’re looking at one end of the spectrum and saying, 'Well, let’s deal with this with some reflection and dialogue and some reconciliation, and let’s all grow together and move on.'"

In  previous statements , Damon was  vague about his knowledge  of Harvey Weinstein's alleged misconduct and defended his moral stance with the fact that he has four daughters (for the record, Louis C.K. has two).

Yet, Damon goes on SNL to mock Judge Kavanaugh.   Understand?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    6 years ago
You can't fathom that?

Nope. Haven't heard anything that is actually impressive. Like I said, a dude who landed himself a federal job, that's it. 

Judge Kavanaugh hails from a distinguished family.

So the fuck what? You may find this hard to believe, but I don't give even the slightest shit about his family. He doesn't get any brownie points because of what other people in his family have done. 

Judge Kavanaugh graduated from Yale Law School,cum laude, and has served for 12 years on the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit as one of the finest Judges this nation has ever produced, He also teaches law at Harvard University.

Cool, should I be impressed? His parents bought his way into a school and he then proceeded to kiss ass and get a federal job, woohoo. 

Matt Damon, on the other hand, is a movie actor, among other things, makes faces & recites lines.

Yep.

Yet, Damon goes on SNL to mock Judge Kavanaugh.   Understand?

I was never confused, I just don't understand why you think he is so cool. Lemme know when he exhibits valor in battle or legitimately puts his life on the line for someone else. Let me know when he legitimately takes a real risk.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.2    6 years ago

I guess your'e incorrigible.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.3    6 years ago

I guess so. Some white boy who grew up with money and landed a nice cozy job just doesn't impress me. And I am a white guy BTW.

Again, let me know when he makes a real sacrifice, when he actually puts something of value on the line. Let me know when he comes from nothing, defies the odds and makes it, then I will give him some respect. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.4    6 years ago

I bet good money that somehow, Kavanaugh will be just fine without your respect.

Matter of fact, I bet he doesn't even know you exist, while you post shit about him.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.5    6 years ago
I bet good money that somehow, Kavanaugh will be just fine without your respect.

Probably.

Matter of fact, I bet he doesn't even know you exist, while you post shit about him. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Yep.

Good job on stating the obvious though. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Was pretty funny, and accurate. Man Kavanaugh came off as a whiny little bitch. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    6 years ago

The real problem is too many fools think SNL is accurate.

Just like when Tina Fey said "I can see Russia from my house", and liberals and Democrats took that as an actual quote by Palin.

Too many fools can't detect reality from television.

SMMFH!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago
Just like when Tina Fey said "I can see Russia from my house", and liberals and Democrats took that as an actual quote by Palin.

Its called satire. As a concept it is hard to grasp I know, but the idea behind it is that you make a joke that is an exaggeration but highlights the sheer stupidity of a person or situation. In the example you gave, the underlying theme is that Palin is a fucking idiot, which is entirely true. As far as I know no one thought she actually said those exact words, but it was making fun of a comment she actually made about being able to see Russia from Alaska and how that somehow translates into foreign policy experience. Hopefully this has cleared up some of your confusion. 

Too many fools can't detect reality from television.

Like Trump voters who actually thought The Apprentice was real. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.1    6 years ago

Yeah, keep dreaming.

I know plenty of people and have seen plenty of comments that attributed that comment to Palin.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    6 years ago

Sure you have.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.3    6 years ago

Glad to see you have come to your senses and finally agree with me on something.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.3    6 years ago

Someone forgot to tell Barbara Walters.

Tuesday’s World News with Charles Gibson showed clips of an interview between Barbara Walters and Sarah Palin which will air on Friday’s 20/20. At one point, Walters seemed to allude to the fact that there is a misconception that Palin once claimed that “I can see Russia from my house,” during the 2008 campaign, as evidence of her foreign policy experience. But Walters did not clearly identify those words as part of the famous Saturday Night Live skit as they were uttered by Tina Fey playing Palin to parody what the Alaska governor had actually said in an interview with Gibson from September 2008.

Around that same time, then–Alaska governor Sarah Palin rose to
prominence as the Republican Party’s candidate for vice president. In
September 2008 Palin sat down with Charles Gibson of ABC News for
her first interview as the vice-presidential nominee. When asked what
insights she had gained by governing a state that was so
geographically close to Russia, she responded, “They’re our next-door
neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska,
from an island in Alaska.” Two days later, in a parody of Palin on
Saturday Night Live, the comedian Tina Fey delivered the now-famous
“I can see Russia from my house” line. Fey’s impersonation was an
instant hit, garnering millions of views online, and spawning the socalled
“Fey effect” related to citizen voting preference.
Our survey revealed that one in five Americans still believe that
President Obama is a Muslim (not a Christian), while almost seven in
ten Americans mistakenly think Palin (and not SNL’s Tina Fey) was the
first to say “I can see Russia from my house

I do like the way they try to spin only 20% of Americans thinking Obama is a Muslim; being equal to the hatchet job done on Palin by the media having 70% Americans think Tina Fey's line came from Palin.  Palin wasn't a good VP choice; but the media definitely treated her far harsher than a very inexperienced Obama.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    6 years ago

Hehe, don't buy into it too heavily because that stock will crater in a heartbeat.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.5    6 years ago
Palin wasn't a good VP choice

... because she was so fucking stupid and then proved it repeatedly during the campaign.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.8  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.5    6 years ago

Americans are idiots, what do you expect? Some Americans actually believe in fucking Lizard people. 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
6.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago
The real problem is too many fools think SNL is accurate.

Matt Damon did a great impression of Kavanaugh's meltdown.  Only thing wrong with it was the he underplayed it.  

Junior Participates
6.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  devangelical @6.1.7    6 years ago

Did you see that her son, Track (or Truck or Schmuck whatever his name is) has been charged yet again with domestic violence?  What a "klassy" family that is, eh? 

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.11    replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.8    6 years ago
Americans are idiots, what do you expect? Some Americans actually believe in fucking Lizard people. 

E.A                                WAIT!!!

Do you mean like all those SciFi that think that  Fiction is about to become Reality!!!

And they have already set up " Temples of Worship "  of the  ACTORS  in those series?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.12  Thrawn 31  replied to  @6.1.11    6 years ago

I bet you can find many who think Sharknado 1-50,000,000 are documentaries. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
6.1.13  dave-2693993  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.8    6 years ago
Some Americans actually believe in fucking Lizard people. 

That would take some pretty strong beer goggles at 3:00 AM.

Couldn't help myself.

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.14    replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.12    6 years ago
I bet you can find many who think Sharknado 1-50,000,000 are documentaries. 

E.A  No Doubt, how many of them/those would be Atheists ? :-)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.15  Thrawn 31  replied to  @6.1.14    6 years ago

Well maybe one, but he is a total dumbass.

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.16    replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.15    6 years ago
0 Well maybe one, but he is a total dumbass.

E.A  LOL " there is always that ONE " hey   so Strong Believers in the SciFi Saga!!!

Does that Include " Star Wars " or " Star Trek "  and the omnisexuals?

Junior Participates
6.1.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  @6.1.14    6 years ago
E.A  No Doubt, how many of them/those would be Atheists ?

You mean the people who don't believe in sky fairies and virgin births and the universe was created 6,000 years ago?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.18  Thrawn 31  replied to  @6.1.16    6 years ago

My Drill Instructors made one thing very clear to me, there is ALWAYS 1. Always one person who will fuck it up for the rest of us.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.19  Thrawn 31  replied to  dave-2693993 @6.1.13    6 years ago

I mean... at some point anything is legit right? 

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.20    replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.18    6 years ago
My Drill Instructors made one thing very clear

E.A  He might have been a relative or knew of Mr Murphy,

Form " Murphys Law " :-)

Note: NO apostrophe  after the Y as in MY education that would make it as " Murphy IS "

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.21    replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.17    6 years ago
You mean the people who don't believe in sky fairies and virgin births

E.A  You mean SETI and the " Search for Exoplanets " are ALL Hoaxes, and all those Woman on IVF are being swindled?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
6.1.22  dave-2693993  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.19    6 years ago
I mean... at some point anything is legit right? 

LMAO, I guess these days, depending on which side of any contemporary, socially acceptable rules, anything can be legit these day.

I just don't think I can possibly get drunk enough for any beer goggles to make that happen.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.1.23  Dean Moriarty  replied to  dave-2693993 @6.1.22    6 years ago

I have my doubts that Kavanaugh had the ability to hold down enough booze to develop the beer goggles required to find Ford sexually desirable. He was notorious for having a weak gut and was known to Ralph easily. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.23    6 years ago

Keep it classy Dean, like always!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.10    6 years ago

Did you see how Bristol 'multiple baby daddies' is now on Teen Mom?  The Just say no to sex poster child?   I think I saw in an excerpt that her momma The Hillbilly from Wasilla - Sarah the Pit Bull Palin was on it also.  

Oh how the mighty have fallen!  

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
6.1.26  dave-2693993  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.23    6 years ago

I quit the political discussion a couple days ago after laying out quotes from Feinstein and others in direct discussion which clearly laid out the possibilities of anyone in the senate hearing having the opportunity to leak the document. Let alone the fact it was Dr. Ford who was the source of the verbal leak.

The discussion has remained circular for several days in several threads now and, to be honest, I don't have time or interest to waste anymore time in it.

Never mind the evidence at the time shows Feinstein to have technically acted in a proper fashion, yet strategically did not.

Thrawn 31 were involved in a more interesting discussion concerning sex with lizard people. Again, I do not think it is possible for me to get drunk enough for that.

Junior Participates
6.1.27  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  @6.1.20    6 years ago
Note: NO apostrophe  after the Y as in MY education that would make it as " Murphy IS "

So you never got to the part about the possessive apostrophe? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    6 years ago

I've been saying that all along - but adding phony to the whiny, crying little bitch.  jrSmiley_52_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Fucking Murphy...

user image
Freshman Silent
7.1    replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    6 years ago
Fucking Murphy...

E.A                                            WOA!!

First see what the CDC has to say about THAT!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  @7.1    6 years ago

What does the CDC have to say about that?  More nonsense?  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Hey! We used protection and he was all about it!