╌>

Interview With A Political Peacenik

Category:  Other

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

The problem with the country today is too many people want to have "opinions". We shouldn't base so much on people's opinions. Both sides have opinions, and both have their good points and their bad points. We can't say that one good point is better than the other good point, neither side has the majority of the good points.

....Hello this is Bart Simpson O' Callahan from WBS Radio 69 on your AM dial . Today's interview is with Betsy Normm , who is a spokeswoman for CRAP, Concerned Regular-people for American Progress.

===================================================================

Interviewer : Ms Normm. There are hundreds of people protesting the Kavanaugh nomination outside the Capitol building in Washington DC. Do you agree with that protest?

Betsy Normm : I agree that they have the right to protest. I don't agree with protests, but they have that right. I wish they would look at both sides of the issue. Sure Kavanaugh drank too much and lied about it to the Senate, but who are we to judge him? Aren't there bars in every city? Aren't there liars in every city? lol. And look at the woman Ford. Yes she is believable, but liars can be believable.

Interviewer: So you are in favor of Kavanaugh being confirmed by the Senate?

Normm : Not really. But if we have heard all sides, then the Senate will make up their minds.

Interviewer : Do you think Kavanaugh has told the truth ?

Normm : What is THE truth? Only two people know what happened. The problem with the country today is too many people want to have "opinions". We shouldn't base so much on people's opinions. Both sides have opinions, and both have their good points and their bad points. We can't say that one good point is better than the other good point, neither side has the majority of the good points.

Interviewer : So both sides are equally correct?

Normm : I'm not saying that, I'm saying we have to realize that both sides have their good points and their bad points.

Interviewer : One last question Ms Normm, do you think President Trump is dividing the country?

Normm : Yes he is, but only among those who let themselves be divided. If people would look more at both sides, and seek common ground, and try to unify the country, we could ignore Trump, and we could ignore those who object to Trump. If so many people did not oppose Trump, wouldn't we have a friendlier country, wouldn't it be like it used to be when we all got along? People can vote against him in two years. Elections have consequences.

Interviewer : Now you sound a little like a Trump supporter.

Normm : That's just what I mean, when I say I am in the middle, you say I am for Trump. The anti-Trump people are exactly the same as the Trump people. There is no difference.

Interviewer : I need a drink.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago
Interviewer : I need a drink.

Me too. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2  lennylynx    6 years ago

Lol!  There are 'centrists' here who sound just like that.  That was good, but there's a new column out that asks 'What is your favorite month?'  Gotta go! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Way to go, John. That's probably the fairest most unbiased article on the American political scene I've seen posted here in years. How many times have I posted comments to say one needs to learn BOTH sides of a story?  How many times have I posted that the Dean of my law school, in his welcoming lecture to us, told us that if we didn't learn and know our opponent's side of the story as well as, if not better than our own we will never be good lawyers?  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

Both sides have opinions, and both have their good points and their bad points.

The left has facts, and the right has alternative facts.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    6 years ago

And there is the perfect example of an opinion.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    6 years ago

That was the infamous opinion of Kellyanne Conway, verbatim

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.2    6 years ago

I don’t see a problem with that as she also stated. 

"Two plus two is four. Three plus one is four. Partly cloudy, partly sunny. Glass half full, glass half empty. Those are alternative facts."

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.4  lennylynx  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1.3    6 years ago

Right wing alternative facts are not a different way of saying the same thing, they are misrepresentations of the facts if not outright lies.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @4.1.4    6 years ago

Same applies to radical left-wingers.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1.3    6 years ago

Dean, those are just alternative ways to say the same thing.  Trump, Huchabee Sanders, Conway, etc. are making a living out of saying things that are factually at odds with reality.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Hello this is Bart Simpson O' Callahan from WBS Radio 69 on your AM dial . Today's interview is with Betsy Normm"

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Good one !