Pro-Hamas vandals strike Toronto Jewish school

Category:  World News

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  15 comments

"Hamas is on the foreign terror list of both the United States and Canada."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By David Isaac, World Israel News, October 10 2018

Graffiti defaced the Leo Baeck Day School in Toronto. (B'nai Brith Canada)

“Free Palestine,” “Long Live Palestine,” and “Long Life to the Hamas” were the slogans discovered defacing a Jewish Day School in Toronto on Tuesday morning after a long weekend. 

Vandals struck a Jewish Day School in Toronto, defacing it with pro-Hamas and pro-Palestine graffiti, it was discovered Tuesday after Canada’s long Thanksgiving weekend.

“Free Palestine,” “Long Live Palestine,” and “Long Life to the Hamas” were the slogans that appear to have been written in black marker on the Leo Baeck Day School, South Campus. The poor grammar of the third slogan suggests the vandals were uneducated or non-native English speakers.

B’nai Brith Canada  learned of the vandalism after a call to its anti-hate hotline. The organization’s CEO, Michael Mostyn, said, “These despicable acts of vandalism supporting Palestinian terrorism targeted a  Jewish  school where  Canadian  children learn about Torah, the value of charity and community, and other important values and ethics.”

The head of the school, Eric Petersiel, in a   statement on Facebook , said police are investigating the incident. “We must remain vigilant to ensure the perpetrator is brought to justice and we hope we can count on our community to come forward with any information about this incident,” he wrote.

Founded in 1974, the Leo Baeck Day School is a Reform Jewish Day school. Its south campus moved to its current location in 2012 and serves the midtown Toronto Jewish community.

Hamas is on the foreign terror list of both the United States and Canada. It has taken responsibility for numerous acts of terror against Israel involving the death of civilians and calls for the destruction of the Jewish State. Most recently Hamas praised the murder of two Israelis killed at an industrial park in Samaria. It has waged a terror war using balloons and kites to set fire to Israeli territory surrounding the Gaza envelope since March 30.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

In my opinion Justin Trudeau and his Liberal government have facilitated this kind of thing, and I will not return to Toronto unless a Conservative government takes over next year. Toronto has recently seen increasing acts of terrorism, such as using a truck to mow down pedestrians, random shooting of innocent civilians, increase of antisemitism on campuses, etc.  I feel much safer in China.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    6 years ago

Nah.  Probably the Ku Kluxers and Nazis not having the guts to take credit and conveniently blaming someone else.  A favored right wing ploy.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1  livefreeordie  replied to  bbl-1 @2    6 years ago

right because we know there are no jihadist terrorist attacks in Canada, the US and Europe

Also tell us when there has ever been a Klan presence in Canada?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    6 years ago

'Klan presence in Canada?'  Tell me when there wasn't.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    6 years ago
"Also tell us when there has ever been a Klan presence in Canada?"

Maybe bbl-1 knows, because notwithstanding my being born in Canada in 1937 and living there until 12 years ago I sure as hell don't, nor was it ever mentioned in any history course I ever took.  One should not forget that Canada was the DESTINATION of the Underground Railroad.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    6 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.3    6 years ago

Thanks for that - it's certainly news to me. However, I take note of this from the Canadian Encyclopedia:

"Today the Klan has a fringe, underground following by members of some white supremacist groups."

Which means that bbl-1 is technically correct, but personally I doubt that they were the perpetrators, and I think it's pretty obvious who was. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    6 years ago

there has NEVER been a Klan presence in Canada beyond a handful of people.    

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Krishna  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    6 years ago

Also tell us when there has ever been a Klan presence in Canada?

Sure-- no problema!

(I thought you'd never ask . . :-)

Ku Klux Klan in Canada

220px-Ku_Klux_Klan_ceremony_in_London%2C_Ontario.jpg
A Klan cross-burning ceremony in London, Ontario, in late 1925

The   Ku Klux Klan   is an organization that expanded operations into Canada, based on the   second Ku Klux Klan established in the United States in 1915. It operated as a   fraternity, with chapters established in parts of Canada throughout the 1920s and early 1930s. The first registered provincial chapter was registered in   Toronto   in 1925 by two Americans and a Torontonian. The organization was most successful in   Saskatchewan, where it briefly influenced political activity and whose membership included a member of Parliament.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Krishna  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.5    6 years ago
NEVER been a Klan presence in Canada beyond a handful of people.

Really?

The organization was most successful in Saskatchewan, where  membership included a member of Parliament.

(You're welcome :-)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.7    6 years ago

That was back in the 20s or 30s, and is no mare than a fringe of that movement existing now, if at all.  In any event it's much more likely that others are the perpetrators of the vandalism, so let's try to get back to the topic. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.8    6 years ago

Are there any follow up stories on this?  I can't find any.  And that tells me that this was done by some 'good ole boys.'

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.10  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.9    6 years ago

I have not seen any follow-up stories either, but I just wrote to my daughter who is a Toronto resident, and whose job is involved in the community, to see if she has seen anything about it.  In my opinion, since the message was about "freeing" Palestine and supporting Hamas it is not a Nazi or KKK message, but one more commonly stated by another faction, and I don't think it's likely, as you imagined, that anyone other than that particular faction would write something meant to shift the suspiction upon others. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.10    6 years ago

What ever.  Just way to much 'hate' going around.