Taylor Swift Caused a Huge Surge in Voter Registration

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  95 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

4d8bb7739d3eefa09840995dc329ab92

From Seventeen

We all know Taylor Swift is powerful, but after her Instagram post yesterday in which she (finally) spoke out about her politics, it emerges she may have even more clout than we thought. If you missed it, on Sunday night,   Swift posted a political note to Instagram   in which she endorsed Phil Bredesen for Tennessee Senator and Jim Cooper for Representative.

In the post, she talked to her   112 million Instagram   followers and   83.6 million Twitter followers   about Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn’s congressional voting record, which Swift said “appalls and terrifies me.” She went on:

“I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.”

She then sent her followers to vote.org to register, and urged them to get educated on the candidates running in their areas.

You can read more about the post and who she endorsed   here -but suffice to say, this was a pretty big reversal from Taylor, who’s been notably mum on politics for a long time. Remember during the 2016 election when she told her followers to simply “vote”   without endorsing   any particular candidate? That was weak.

But better late than never for Swift, because she just made her voice   really   count. According to   Vote.or g’s Director of Communications Kamari Guthrie, who was   interviewed by Buzzfeed News , Taylor’s endorsement created a massive uptick in voter registration since it was posted. “We are up to 65,000 registrations in a single 24-hour period since T. Swift’s post,” Guthrie told BuzzFeed, and added, “Thank God for Taylor Swift.”

Not everyone was as thrilled about her sudden activist awakening. President Donald Trump   told reporters   he likes her “music about 25 percent less” since she endorsed Democratic candidates. Former Arkansas Governor and Republican TV host Mike Huckabee, who now presumably resides under a rock,   tweeted that   her endorsement “won’t impact the election unless we allow 13 year old girls to vote.”

Is it just me, or do those guys seem a little scared?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

In the post, she talked to her 112 million Instagram followers and 83.6 million Twitter followers about Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn’s congressional voting record, which Swift said “appalls and terrifies me.” She went on:

“I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.”

She then sent her followers to vote.org to register, and urged them to get educated on the candidates running in their areas.

You can read more about the post and who she endorsed here-but suffice to say, this was a pretty big reversal from Taylor, who’s been notably mum on politics for a long time. Remember during the 2016 election when she told her followers to simply “vote” without endorsing any particular candidate? That was weak.

But better late than never for Swift, because she just made her voice really count. According to Vote.org’s Director of Communications Kamari Guthrie, who was interviewed by Buzzfeed News, Taylor’s endorsement created a massive uptick in voter registration since it was posted. “We are up to 65,000 registrations in a single 24-hour period since T. Swift’s post,” Guthrie told BuzzFeed, and added, “Thank God for Taylor Swift.”

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Unfortunately even a celebrity endorsement hasn't helped Tennessee Democrats much. 

Check them polls that them Hillary Clinton snowflakes followed. I'll bet they even show Dems loosing in Tennessee.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2  lennylynx    6 years ago

Taylor Swift!!  What an absolute sweetheart, so beautiful and talented, her parents must be so proud.  And there is no bigger star on the planet.  Taylor can motivate young people to vote like nobody else.  Be afraid, Trumpists, be VERY afraid...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    6 years ago

That is a good thing, now if they actually turn out and vote it will become a very good thing.

For myself, a political endorsement of any type celebrity or not means little to nothing to me. But if that is what it takes to motivate others then by all means.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

Remember the past when our politician actually compromised and tried to work with each other more ?

I bring that up because as young people and kids I and many others figured "let the adults and the people they hire to run the government deal with it." 

Now the kids are seeing that the adults evidently need help. And lots of it !!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago

Democrats are more than willing to compromise.  The gop, nope.  

It's their way or nothing.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.1    6 years ago
It's their way or nothing. 

Unfortunately I actually see this statement pretty well true for many of both parties. 

The gop, nope.

Flake, McCain   

It does still rarely happen, again for both sides

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.2  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    6 years ago

Steve's a 'centrist,' Tessy.  If the Republicans wanted to lynch every black in the country, 'centrists' would want to lynch half of them so both sides could get along.  Even the election of Donald fucking Trump doesn't make them realize that there is something seriously wrong with one side in particular.  I guess nothing ever will...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.1    6 years ago

It seems we'll never agree Steve.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

You've got to be freaking kidding me. [deleted Stop with the taunting. Only warning.]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.1    6 years ago

No Steve, the MAJORITY OF THE gop, nope, no way in freaking hell, fuhgeddabout it, GTFOOH!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
when did Obama compromise on anything?

When did the GOP controlled Congress? Compromise does not mean "My way or, the highway" which is what the GOP controlled Congress told Obama.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lennylynx @5.1.2    6 years ago
'centrists' would want to lynch half of them so both sides could get along.  Even the election of Donald fucking Trump doesn't make them realize that there is something seriously wrong with one side in particular.

LOL... You may be correct, centrists might. 

I wouldn't. 

As far as trump. People here may not know how much effort, energy and time I spent trying to keep this man from taking control.  Why ?  Because I think mr now president trump  poses a serious possible long term threat to the constitutional federal republic by the way he  would and is now governing. 

What I also believe you are also correct on, many on the left dont like or believe, because I do believe trump has good intentions for the country. its his saving grace.

And if people remember it trump had just switched parties right before he ran, dems ought to be grateful for that, I think he knew the republican party was more split at the time so was easier to conquer.

I just do not like or approve of most of mr. trump, his personality and Mainly, his ways and means of accomplishing anything.  I think he's ways are dangerous for the long term governing of the country as it may remain long after trumps gone.

And yes as I see it Both side have major problems thus why I dont belong to neither. 

I try as hard as I can to be neutral but like all of us I do have my preferences many times.  I think it helps though to try hard to see both sides of any and all issues.  I wish more of us really did, but,

to each their own.

and do have a nice day, they are limited 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    6 years ago
the MAJORITY OF THE gop, nope, no way

agreed.. but

the MAJORITY OF THE DEMS, nope, no way

Sophomore Guide
5.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    6 years ago
It seems we'll never agree Steve.  
On this maybe not. Thats OK

LOL.. I'll bet someday some way if we are exposed to each other enough there would be some things we'd agree on. Perhaps a lot.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.9    6 years ago
the MAJORITY OF THE DEMS, nope, no way

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    6 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  lennylynx @5.1.2    6 years ago
Steve's a 'centrist,' Tessy.

Yes because being a uncompromising extremist on the far left or far right is much better .....

Sophomore Guide
5.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
Explain in detail what you mean.

I can and will but It may take me a little while to put it on "paper".

Check back I guess.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.16    6 years ago

'I can and will but It may take me a little while to put it on "paper".'

Please don't.  

Thanks!

No need to explain yourself to the trolls and I would appreciate it if you did  not provide your essay to satisfy Wally.  

Thanks.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago
'Your reply means you can't answer honestly, or refuse to.'

I don't explain myself nor answer to anyone much less trolls.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.19  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago
Most anti-Trumpers seem to have a hard time explaining why they feel and think the way they do.

Funniest thing I've seen all month. Some of the Trumpsters we see here should be the last people on earth to lecture anyone about "explaining themselves". I could explain better in my sleep than what we see from trumpsters, and so could others.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.20  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.1.17    6 years ago
I would appreciate it if you did  not provide your essay to satisfy Wally.  

I understand your request. 

I dont consider wally a troll.  I came from nv where we actually had trolls.

Wally asked me in a civilized manner for my opinion, Ironically, that's part of why I come here. I will gladly answer most anyone when asked respectfully for my opinion.  

That is at MY discretion. only

To each their own , if you care not to engage with certain folks here I also respect your opinion on that as well and not hold that against you either.  

Again: To each their own 

How ya gonna change or shape our common world by not communicating with each other though is beyond me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.20    6 years ago

[deleted. Stop with] the [Taunting. Only warning.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.20    6 years ago
 I came from nv where we actually had trolls

what was the name of the one you paled around with, that I wasn't too keen about again ?

can't think of it, but oh I did Njoy moderatorless "debates" with him/it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.23  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.20    6 years ago
'How ya gonna change or shape our common world by not communicating with each other though is beyond me.' 
I will communicate respectfully to those who communicate respectfully to me.  
 'Wally asked me in a civilized manner for my opinion, Ironically, that's part of why I come here. I will gladly answer most anyone when asked respectfully for my opinion.'

You can communicate with Wally through Chat and convey your thoughts that way.   Not on my seed though and appreciate you respecting my wishes on my seed.    

We do not agree on  much but I do respect your opinion.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.24  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
Explain in detail what you mean

caught it... sorry I will send it personal as asked by the seeder.

Or Maybe Ill start it as a seed myself.  we'll see. 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.25  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.1.23    6 years ago
You can communicate with Wally through Chat and convey your thoughts that way.   Not on my seed though and appreciate you respecting my wishes on my seed.    

Sorry I Just SAW this after posting my reply.

Delete it all if you like. Like ya said, its your seed, really, I;m sorry !

I caught it and deleted it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.26  JohnRussell  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.20    6 years ago

People who constantly say things like  "Trump is a great president" are being intentionally dishonest. Whether that is described as trolling I will leave for everyone to decide for themselves. 

I do know that there are people here who almost always avoid the seeded topic, while they either attack liberals or praise Trump. Some consider that behavior to be trolling. 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.27  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.22    6 years ago
what was the name of the one you paled around with, that I wasn't too keen about again ?

Which one ?

LOL Paled around with...LOL 

Mostly it seems I'm pretty much on my own out here. Probably why I was banned for so many "nations"in the end of nv.

O-well the air stil fresher here.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.28  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.25    6 years ago
'You can communicate with Wally through Chat and convey your thoughts that way.   Not on my seed though and appreciate you respecting my wishes on my seed.'  

'Sorry I Just SAW this after posting my reply.

Delete it all if you like. Like ya said, its your seed, really, I;m sorry !

I caught it and deleted it.'

You can respond to Wally all you want on my seeds Steve, I don't have a problem with that.  But the thoughts you wanted to put down on paper - that's what I wanted you to respond to Wally in a personal chat on.  

Trump isn't really the topic of this seed which is why I wanted you to respond in chat to Wally on that matter.  

Thanks!!!!!

Sophomore Guide
5.1.29  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.26    6 years ago
"Trump is a great president" are being intentionally dishonest.

Unless they actually believe it, then that makes it a difference of opinion. 

Many also said the same about president Obama. again their opinion.

I'll add; To me to a degree as well. I will also admire the detail thought I think Obama brought to the job. 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.30  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.1.28    6 years ago
Trump isn't really the topic of this seed which is why I wanted you to respond in chat to Wally on that matter.  

Again, Sorry.

I'm horrible about going off topic. Half the time I dont even know what seed I'm posting on, I respond to other posts more than I comment of the seeds especially after I'v e once giving my opinion on the subject of the seeded artcell. 

I don't often just repeat myself over and over, I'm too lazy to bother.  

PS: too bad on this, I have what I consider a good reply for wally but I'll l see he gets it another way.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.31  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
Explain in detail what you mean. Most anti-Trumpers seem to have a hard time explaining why they feel and think the way they do.

I sent my opinion to your personal inbox as requested by the seeder of this article. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.32  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.26    6 years ago
I do know that there are people here who almost always avoid the seeded topic,

Gee JR kind of like you just did?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.33  igknorantzrulz  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.27    6 years ago
Paled around with...LOL 

yea, he maid many pale in comparison with his pails of bullsheets, 3 to the wind   up and down the board, like his/her string had been pulled

came on early mourning, usually

a blatant attacker of even "Common" Sense,

so eye saw the need for uncommon half's to enlighten the dark deep full truths, that on occasion I ken sumtymez deliver,

especially whence no intervention was left, squarely around this, inparticular  nation

they a noid men e       twas n joy abull, at least 4 moi

Taylor Swift has gained new respect from me

WAKE UP PEOPLE !

Sophomore Guide
5.1.34  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.33    6 years ago
yea, he maid many pale in comparison with his pails of bullsheets, 3 to the wind   up and down the board, like his/her string had been pulled

LOL yeah now that rings a bell.... Maybe, Democrats for trump. Or some damn thing like that ? Or maybe Mark Mattison was anther. 

LOL But No, I didn't and wouldn't call it paling around with them. They were like you say kinda off the chart, or over the edge almost fanatical to a degree and yes I did kind of enjoy breaking thru the seemingly insanity or trying to at least sometimes with both.

It was somewhat challenging.

Cool IF that's what your remembering because it was by design om my part to actually 'Play" that part. 

I was "talking to and with" HA the same way here. Slowly, respectfully and carefully.

LOL...SO, Shoot me I like a challenge ! lol

Paling around...LOL   I guess some might call it that, I didn't. 

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.35  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
I didn't see much compromise from the Democrats when it came to the Kavanaugh nomination process. Or at anytime during Trump's reign, or going back further, when did Obama compromise on anything?

Where was the GOP compromise during Merrick Garland's nomination, or does compromise only apply when a republican is in the White House? Being bipartisan must go both ways or its just hypocritical partisan rhetoric.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.36  igknorantzrulz  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.34    6 years ago

Or maybe Mark Mattison was anther. "

BINGO !

Markey Mark N his Funking Bunch Of Bolshevik Bulln Shit

was the one you played straight guy with and palled around with asking him politely to defend his absurdities,

while I

believe it or not,

took a slightly different tact, while lacking any, and or my standard ambiguity clause, just B cause , no ambiguity  cause or clause was required when ole saint Bernard little dicky who couldn't impact a little st nicky  capable of leaving a Little Mark , to upon embark, asz I left him

off X, in the dark, dancin with his heavy pants, around his kankles, a tempting to no won, while he tried to catch his halitosis

unlike the sweet breath emanating from a Swift Streamin Ham, named Taylor

who I believe has emboldened a few

hopefully unlike Mattison blew,

she leaves a Mark,

but unlike,

how I left em'

Sophomore Guide
5.1.37  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.36    6 years ago
while I

believe it or not,

took a slightly different tact,

LOL

O really ? Surprise.  LOL

Yeah many people gave poor old marky mark lots o shit. 

The one who really got to me though was the other one I mentioned. WOW that guy really probably had some mental issues. D4D I think was the name he ended up under. 

Mark was just as you said kinda fanatical but he was sane and reachable still though, The other guy not so much.

And To each their own on how we interact It would suck if we all thought and were all the same. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.38  igknorantzrulz  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.37    6 years ago
It would suck if we all thought and were all the same

if everyone thought , and all were the same, as say theee...

Hmmmmmmm

yea, boring as hell

Sorry Tess, having a Basic Acid Flashback       

thanx for the clarification 321,  but

how bout that Taylor Swiftboatin ole Trumppy ...?

Sophomore Guide
5.1.39  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.38    6 years ago
how bout that Taylor Swiftboatin ole Trumppy

Honestly... I dont really care about either too much. I think for myself I believe other should as well. Celebrity anything bores me. As does sports. My hobbies are active hobbies not watching others. So .. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.40  igknorantzrulz  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.39    6 years ago

C'mon man,

I was givin us cover

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.41  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.26    6 years ago

Trump is a great president" are being intentionally dishonest

What do you expect when their golden boy does it continually?  They just want to be just like him.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago
Now the kids are seeing that the adults evidently need help.

Generally speaking, most kids don't know what they don't know yet.   Heck, the same is true for many adults.

That's just the nature of such things

Sophomore Guide
5.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sparty On @5.2    6 years ago
most kids don't know what they don't know yet.

Ture, I'm actually talking about young adults that have a vote. 10 years ago I wouldn't have called em kids...lol

In fact back then at that age I was a kid, I didn't care about politics, but it seems times have changed. Some of the kids of today are much more mature in some ways. That's probably a good thing considering how childish many adults in politics are now acting.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.1    6 years ago
In fact back then at that age I was a kid, I didn't care about politics, but it seems times have changed. Some of the kids of today are much more mature in some ways. That's probably a good thing considering how childish many adults in politics are now acting.  

Yeah i hear you but i'm not so sure.   I was pretty politically active, starting in my late teens.   That said, my politics have changed significantly since then.   Lifes experiences have a way of doing that i guess.

That is not to say i think more young involvement is a bad thing.   On the contrary, i think it is a good thing but there is a reason jobs like POTUS have a minimum age requirement.   Experience is the best teacher and most younger folks still have a lot to learn.    Just like all of us did at that age.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I have my doubts that Taylor Swift can influence many young people to vote, or who to vote for. It will be interesting to see how many people who registered on her urging actually vote. If they werent interested before she said something, they may lose interest a week or so after she said something. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago

Agreed and honestly, anyone who lets a pop star or some other such celebrity influence their vote like that probably needs some help anyway.

Wasted vote ....

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    6 years ago
Wasted vote ....

im no big fan of the girl, but she has influence.

have a feeling, many more girls/women than u might think, have ben harassed by the Kavanaugh type, and they believe Ford, tuff to Dodge it

got a feeling , Repubs r gonna be shellacked in a few weeks,

we shell sea  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.1    6 years ago

'have a feeling, many more girls/women than u might think, have ben harassed by the Kavanaugh type, and they believe Ford, tuff to Dodge it

got a feeling , Repubs r gonna be shellacked in a few weeks'

I hope you're right!  I'm really counting on it.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    6 years ago
Agreed and honestly, anyone who lets a pop star or some other such celebrity influence their vote like that probably needs some help anyway. Wasted vote ....

Why, whoever would do such a thing to get votes?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.1    6 years ago

Yep, i call that wishful thinking but only time will tell for sure .....

All i know is i won't be whining like a little baby like many on the left will if their blue wave doesn't come to fruition.   And make no mistake.   Anything less than a typical minority party midterm win in congress will be a loss for the left

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.4    6 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.5    6 years ago
Anything less than a typical minority party midterm win in congress will be a loss for the left

don't expect a loss

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.4    6 years ago

Lol who is that Kanye?   Who cares what he thinks?   Not me at least.

Like Taylor, i doubt many votes will be swayed by what he thinks.  

Certainly not the black vote.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.7    6 years ago
don't expect a loss

For the left, i do but again ..... only time will tell

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

Who knows but i have three words of advise in such cases:

"Don't watch it"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago
'Can we give thanks that we will not be again be subjected to Mr. Eastwood and his empty chair skit?'

That was his worst performance that I can recall - I guess his only performance in the recent past.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

Hmmmmm i haven't heard that refrain but regardless, that's not it.

It is however simple common sense.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

True which is why it was already removed.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.1.17  Sunshine  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.4    6 years ago
Why, whoever would do such a thing to get votes?

No surprise...Kanye is called a "token" Negro by some on the left, and on national tv, for expressing his political views.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.18  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @6.1.17    6 years ago

It is my understanding that black people can call each other whatever they want, wherever they want, without my approval or disapproval.

btw, Setmayer is a conservative, an anti Trump Republican.  Hardly a "leftist".

Thank you! You know I’m undeterred by the MAGA foolishness. This here conservative is confident my principles are fully in tact unlike those attacking me for calling it straight about Kanye. I stand by what I said 100%. He is uninformed & is being used willfully.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.1.19  Sunshine  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.18    6 years ago

Oh I see...it was meant to be a compliment to Kanye.  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7  igknorantzrulz    6 years ago

Trump loves him some "Black Supporter"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7    6 years ago

Yes, all 5 of them.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
8  bugsy    6 years ago

Then promptly reigned over the lowest ratings AMA in history.

Kinda tells you something, huh, libs?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @8    6 years ago

Nah, voter registration always surges near the registration deadline.   Which is October 9th in most states  

It has little if anything to do with a 0.1 percenter like Swift.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.1    6 years ago

Didn't you say that already?  No need to repeat yourself.  I could care less each time.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    6 years ago
Didn't you say that already?

Nope, wrong again but feel free to show me where i said that here already. 

No need to repeat yourself.

I haven't

I could care less each time.

And yet ..... you still feel a need to respond .....

My comment is factual and very appropriate to the discussion at hand.    But i understand.   Facts can be very inconvenient when they clearly contradict a false narrative like the one being pushed in this seed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.2    6 years ago

Whatever.  

False narrative?

LOL!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    6 years ago
False narrative?

Of course it is.

I'm sure she did help increase registrations but saying she caused the surge?  

Nope, that would be the deadline that caused that.   Not little miss can't be wrong.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @8    6 years ago

What Taylor Swift said had absolutely nothing to do with the ratings.  Doesn't tell us a damned thing.  

Sophomore Guide
8.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @8.2    6 years ago

Morning Tessylo, I sent you a private message a little bit ago. I thought I'd let you know.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @8.2    6 years ago

She doesn't have to say a damn thing for most of us to know a large percentage of the left has gone all out unhinged.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @8.2.2    6 years ago

Whatever bugs.  Still has nothing to do with the left or anything for that matter 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9  bugsy    6 years ago

Quite possibly her showing her support for Democrats had nothing to do with the upsurge in voter registration, because the last day to register was the 9th in many states, so there is always an uptick when that date gets close.

However, most Americans see award shows for what hey truly are...Liberals Hollywood "performers" patting themselves on the back, giving awards to each other, and making these shows a platform for loony left ideals.

America has tuned them out for a reason, and that reason is not good for liberals of America. (Thank God there are not that many remaining).

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

What utter nonsense.  Lots of people don't and never did watch these award shows.

So only liberals are performers or musicians and actresses and actors?  

So only Donald Rump and his supporters and the gop have a right to freedom of expression or only those that have the same views as them?

Like Kanye West?

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @10    6 years ago
Lots of people don't and never did watch these award shows.

And alot less are doing so, mainly because the [ldeleted] has decided that award shows are the best place to view their loony left political ideology.

Of course everyone has a right to voice their views, but think about this...

What celebrity hit it big their next movie after going on a loony rant about how they hate Trump, Republicans, Conservative, or voice their loony left political view in social media or some other public venue...?

Answer...none...Most of their next movies bite the dust the first week of opening.

Moral of the story?   Nobody wants to hear or see a [deleted] if they spew hatred for what most Americans value.