CNN Reporter Banned From White House After "Tussle" With Female Trump Aide

Via:  johnrussell  •  2 weeks ago  •  241 comments

CNN Reporter Banned From White House After "Tussle" With Female Trump Aide

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Karoli @Karoli

FollowingFollowing @Karoli

More

Wow. @Acosta’s credential suspended by WH after White House staffer attacked him and tried to grab the mic away.

4:57 PM - 7 Nov 2018

e25c4159-9e71-4447-bf94-84233d1c36c5-lar

News about White House Staffer Grabs Mic From Reporter

bing.com/news

th?id=ON.3B8365E8A221299F31D7421B063D666

White House staffer tries to pry microphone from CNN reporter's hands during presser

WASHINGTON (SBG) - During a news conference at the White House Wednesday, a White House staffer attempted several times to pull a microph…

CBS 12 News · 5h

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Speaking of grabbing, she looks kind of cute. I wonder if the president* has "grabbed" her yet? 

“And when you’re a star they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.” “Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s. “Grab them by the p---y,” Trump says.

Skrekk
1.2  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one week ago
Speaking of grabbing, she looks kind of cute. I wonder if the president* has "grabbed" her yet?

One thing we do know is that Trump staffers have a very difficult time finding dates, presumably because other folks are afraid they carry STDs which cause brain damage.

JohnRussell
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

After Trump ordered Acosta to sit down and shut up , so to speak, the white house aide came forth and tried to grab the mic out of Acosta's hands. He resisted, and now he is banned from the White House. Thuggery everywhere !

96WS6
2.1  96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 weeks ago

He acted like a child, interrupted the president, refused to give up the mike and then "Tussled" as you put it with a young female aid.  He purposely broke the rules and got exactly what he was grandstanding for.  Now he can try to claim Trump is suppressing freedom of the press and plenty of dumb asses will jump on the bandwagon.  It's called fake news.

Greg Jones
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  96WS6 @2.1    2 weeks ago

Acosta simply proved by his ongoing rude and arrogant actions that Trump was right in what he was saying about the press, especially fake news CNN. I don't remember the media treating Obama this way, in fact, they fawned over him and never asked a tough question.

Cerenkov
2.1.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    one week ago

I believe her.

bbl-1
2.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  96WS6 @2.1    one week ago

Actually no!  The president acted 'like a child.'   He is now on the taxpayer's dime.  He can answer the question or say, "At this time I do not feel comfortable in commenting."

And, there wasn't any 'tussle.' 

As far as 'fake news.'  If it weren't for 'fake news' Trump would not be president.  "Lock Her Up" and all of that spin, ya know?

Speaking of 'fake news.'  Gee, the Caravan Hysteria has suddenly faded 'Out Of The Blue And Into The Black.'  Funny how that works, right?

badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη
3  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη    2 weeks ago

Jim Acostahole is lucky he wasn't charged with assault.

JBB
3.1  JBB  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @3    2 weeks ago

Charged with assault? What for? You really cannot be serious...

Tessylo
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 weeks ago

I've heard the faux howls of indignation that Acosta assaulted this person.  Not true.  She tried to pry the microphone from his hand and he resisted.  

I don't think Rump would consider grabbing her . . . . . . . she doesn't look like a 10.  

Hal A. Lujah
3.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 weeks ago

The snowflakes are out in full force today.

Sparty On
3.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.2    2 weeks ago

Yes, it just happens to be snowing here today.   Not pretty, big snowflakes ..... just plentiful little obnoxious ones.

gooseisgone
3.1.4  gooseisgone  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 weeks ago

Corey Lewandowski was charged with battery for doing less than this clown. 

Tacos!
3.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    one week ago
She tried to pry the microphone from his hand and he resisted.

You know that's not his (or CNN's) microphone, right? Depriving someone else of their property (even if it's government owned) by use of force is Robbery - a violent felony.

bbl-1
3.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    one week ago

10 year old?

bbl-1
3.1.7  bbl-1  replied to  gooseisgone @3.1.4    one week ago

Lewandowski left bruises.  And forcibly pushed the woman.

gooseisgone
3.1.8  gooseisgone  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.7    one week ago

Maybe you should look at that video and explain how that's possible.

Jeremy Retired in NC
3.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1    one week ago

We'll put that with Meullers investigation then.

epistte
3.2  epistte  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @3    2 weeks ago
Jim Acostahole is lucky he wasn't charged with assault.

1.) Why do you feel the need to change his name? Shouldn't you be setting a better example as a moderator?

2.) She touched him to take his mic away and he prevented her from doing so. If anyone is to charged with assault it is her who initiated the situation. 

Willjay9
3.2.2  Willjay9  replied to    2 weeks ago

Doesn't matter...the second she made unwanted contact to him or his person....that's assault and he is within his right to defend himself....btw it wasn't her mic, its OUR mic!

Greg Jones
3.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to    2 weeks ago

The point being is that the fuking idiot bullied his way out of a highly prized and coveted assignment. I love the way lefties on here jump on the young woman who was simply doing her job. Yeah, the left really loves women, don't they. I guess being a media whore doesn't pay in the long run, does it, Jimmie boy?  CNN must be so proud of this shithead excuse for a "journalist".

Tessylo
3.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @3.2    2 weeks ago
'Shouldn't you be setting a better example as a moderator?'

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
3.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.4    2 weeks ago
I love the way lefties on here jump on the young woman who was simply doing her job.

And I love the way that the Whitehouse tries to justify themselves by sending out an edited version of the video.  When the truth hurts, lie...

Reporters accuse Sarah Sanders of sharing edited video of Acosta-aide exchange

Paula Bartholomew
3.2.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.4    2 weeks ago

God forbid that Trump should ever answer a direct and important question.

Greg Jones
3.2.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.6    2 weeks ago

I've seen the full video from start to finish. Jimmy boy is an adult child, a bully, and a leftist thug. You can spin and polish it any way you want, but alone got this ass booted, and perhaps the rest of the press corps will get the message. It's gotta start with the media toning it down.

Tessylo
3.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.8    2 weeks ago
'I've seen the full video from start to finish.'

You mean the edited version where the intern assaulted Mr. Acosta at the direction of Rump?  Having women assault people on his behalf.  Just like the bully thug scumbag he is.  

gooseisgone
3.2.10  gooseisgone  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.6    2 weeks ago
Whitehouse tries to justify themselves by sending out an edited version of the video

Tell me what was "edited".

Ozzwald
3.2.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.8    2 weeks ago
You can spin and polish it any way you want

No need, just sitting back watching you spin it.

lady in black
3.2.12  lady in black  replied to  gooseisgone @3.2.10    one week ago

Sarah Sanders accused of circulating 'doctored' video of Jim Acosta’s interaction with White House intern

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sarah-sanders-accused-of-circulating-doctored-video-of-jim-acostas-interaction-with-white-house-intern

tomwcraig
3.2.13  tomwcraig  replied to  Willjay9 @3.2.2    one week ago

Actually, the mic belongs to the person conducting the press conference, in this case, President Donald Trump.  As such, as soon as Trump said, "No more. Next!"  Acosta had no right to hold onto the microphone and was required to give it up for the next reporter to use.  The fact he refused to do so is grounds enough to revoke his press credentials.  The fact he tried to force the issue by resisting the intern's attempt to remove the microphone is a form of assault on a person committing a lawful action as part of her job.

tomwcraig
3.2.14  tomwcraig  replied to  lady in black @3.2.12    one week ago

I've seen the supposed comparison video between the "edited" version that the White House released and the "actual" video, as well as the video that was tweeted out by the press last night.  I found no real difference between any of them.  In all cases, it looks like Acosta's arm moves down to block the intern's attempt to remove the microphone from his grasp, as her job called for her to do.

gooseisgone
3.2.15  gooseisgone  replied to  lady in black @3.2.12    one week ago

What do you think you are showing me that "doesn't" prove my point?

Tacos!
3.2.16  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.6    one week ago
But dozens of social media users, including several reporters and political analysts, said that the video Sanders shared zooms in on the moment of contact, and appears to have been sped up to make the moment appear more aggressive.

So, it would be ok if he moved slower when trying to shove her??? When he smacks his wife is it ok if he doesn't do it "too hard?" Seriously, what is the argument supposed to be here?

Ozzwald
3.2.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.16    one week ago
So, it would be ok if he moved slower when trying to shove her???

Obviously you haven't even watched the video, so go do that, then come back when you know what you're talking about.

Tacos!
3.2.18  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.17    one week ago

I have watched the video, so you fail again. jrSmiley_52_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
3.2.19  MrFrost  replied to  epistte @3.2    one week ago
If anyone is to charged with assault it is her who initiated the situation. 

Exactly right. He wasn't the one at fault, SHE was. 

Ozzwald
3.2.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.18    one week ago
I have watched the video, so you fail again.

And yet you claim he "shoved" her?  You sure you weren't watching WWE?  Other than her grabbing his arm to try and force the mic away, there was only incidental contact by him, which he immediately apologized for.

JohnRussell
3.2.21  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  tomwcraig @3.2.14    one week ago
In all cases, it looks like Acosta's arm moves down to block the intern's attempt to remove the microphone from his grasp, as her job called for her to do.

I very much doubt if her "job calls" for her to try and pry a microphone out of the hands of a reporter who is speaking into it at the time.  

gooseisgone
3.2.22  gooseisgone  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.21    one week ago
I very much doubt if her "job calls" for her to try and pry a microphone out of the hands of a reporter

Her job probably calls for her to hand the mic to the reporter and retrieve the mic to pass it to the next reporter.  When your boss says next question that's a signal to retrieve the mic.  She probably didn't realize that an asshole who thinks he has some type of God given write to be the only one asking questions didn't want to give her back the property that she controls and gets physical with her in the process.  You do remember the Corey Lewandowski incident.  

Tacos!
3.2.23  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.20    one week ago
And yet you claim he "shoved" her?

Easy, I didn't say he shoved her hard. And I disagree with the White House's characterization that he put his hands on her. Still, any attempt to physically resist her taking the mic away, is, in my view, way out of line. Legally, a battery is a "harmful or offensive contact." I would classify this as offensive.

Ozzwald
3.2.24  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.23    one week ago
Easy, I didn't say he shoved her hard.

goalposts.jpg

Legally, a battery is a "harmful or offensive contact." I would classify this as offensive.

She initiated the contact.

Tacos!
3.2.25  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.24    one week ago
She initiated the contact.

She is trying to recover property she has a right to. He is using force to prevent her. Not to mention he's way bigger and like twice as strong as she is. He's a bully and an unprofessional pig. He should have given up the mic when told to instead of getting into a tug of war with a girl in a fight he knew he would win.

96WS6
3.2.26  96WS6  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.19    one week ago

It never ceases to amaze me how fast some people can turn against women.

epistte
3.2.27  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @3.2.26    one week ago
It never ceases to amaze me how fast some people can turn against women.

Why are you trying to spin this as a male vs. female issue? Do you think that all women support the White House intern, just because of her gender? 

I assume that you are male, so are you taking the side of Jim Acosta? 

Ozzwald
3.2.28  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.25    one week ago
She is trying to recover property she has a right to.

She's an intern, not security.  It isn't her job.

He is using force to prevent her.

No, he is just casually holding the mic.  Has she identified herself?  Did she tell hem she was taking the mic?

Not to mention he's way bigger and like twice as strong as she is.

Meaningless and immaterial.

He's a bully and an unprofessional pig.

In YOUR opinion...

He should have given up the mic when told to instead of getting into a tug of war with a girl in a fight he knew he would win.

More evidence that shows you didn't watch the video.  Of course this could all have been avoided if Trump had simply answered the question instead of deflecting.

Vic Eldred
3.2.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.28    one week ago
No, he is just casually holding the mic.  Has she identified herself?  Did she tell hem she was taking the mic?

Gee Ozzy, that's like saying that Jack the Ripper was just trying to complete a tonsillectomy

Tacos!
3.2.30  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.28    one week ago

I guess you didn't watch the video. I'll give you a link, here:

She's an intern, not security.  It isn't her job.

The fact that she is an intern - in addition to being female - makes her more vulnerable in a physical encounter and less likely to feel like she's in a position of authority she can enforce on reporters than security would be. His knowledge of that imbalance only adds to the apt characterization of Acosta as a bully.

There also is no logic in the suggestion that White House security would be in charge of passing the mic around at a press conference. That's exactly the work interns do.

Has she identified herself?

Are you seriously suggesting he didn't know who she was? If you watch the whole press conference, Acosta received the mic from another reporter because it was most convenient in that moment, but the intern is the person primarily responsible for passing the mic around. You can see her do it a few minutes before at 25:50 of the video.

Meaningless and immaterial.

So you think it's ok for a man to force his will on a woman because she's physically weaker. At least now I know who I'm talking to.

if Trump had simply answered the question

Actually, he answered four questions. Acosta is only supposed to get two questions.

Question 1 (at 27:24 of video): (On Trump calling the caravan an invasion) Why did you characterize it as such?

Answer (at 27:28 of video): "Because I consider it an invasion. You and I have a difference of opinion."

Question: 2 (at 27:31 of video): Do you think that you demonized immigrants in this election?

Answer (at 27:34 of video): Not at all. No, not at all. I want them, I want them to come into the country, but they have to come in legally. You know, they have to come in, Jim, through a process. I want it to be a process. And I want people to come in and we need the people and (here Acosta tries to interrupt but the president continues) . . . You know why we need the people, don't you? Because we have hundreds of companies moving in. We need the people.

(I'd like you to note that the president has just said he actually wants people to come into the country. He is not anti-immigrant)

After this, (at 27:52 of video) Acosta makes a statement about one of Trump's ads showing people in the caravan climbing over walls as if that depiction was somehow unfair or false and then declares (like some fortune teller) that they won't be doing that (presumably, when they get to the US). Trump responds that the videos were genuine and not done with actors. Third answer. 

At this point, Acosta has gotten three responses from the president on points or questions he put to the president. Everyone in the room knows it's a standard two-question format, so you can see (beginning at 28:02 of video) several reporters raise their hands (like professionals) to be recognized. 

Nevertheless, Acosta continues to argue with the president as if everyone in the room is there to hear what Jim Acosta thinks. The president is understandably irritated at this point and gives him the 'let me do my job, you do your job' kind of line and says (at 28:24 of video), "OK that's enough," which is a signal for the intern to retrieve the mic and transfer it to another reporter. She jumps up to do her job.

The president is now looking around to call on another reporter. It is at this moment that Jim Acosta decides he is the most important authority in the room, ignoring the wishes of the president and he will physically prevent the intern from doing her job. Everything that happens from here on is Jim Acosta being unprofessional and a bully. He turns away from the intern so she can't reach the mic, interposing his body (28:27 of video), then he puts his up arm in her face to block her and tugs the mic away from her to prevent the press conference from proceeding. 

Unable to overcome Acosta because she is physically weaker (and perhaps unwilling because she has way more class than he does), the intern does not continue the struggle. The bully wins and starts asking about Russia (at 28:34 of video). The president gives the bully yet another answer, saying he is not concerned about anything regarding the Russia investigation. Fourth answer.

The president again says "that's enough" and tells Acosta to put down the mic. It's not Acosta's mic! Only by walking away can the president finally get Acosta to relinquish the mic. Acosta is like an entitled child. He just wants what he wants and everyone else be damned.

dennis smith
3.2.31  dennis smith  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.7    one week ago

Acosta doesn't know what an important question is.

96WS6
3.3  96WS6  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @3    2 weeks ago

I think it would have been appropriate to have him removed.

JohnRussell
4  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
4ITpPZn3_bigger.jpgKaroli @Karoli
(editor, Crooks and Liars)

Karoli Retweeted Sarah Sanders

---------

She put her hands on HIM, you two-faced lying, southern drawling witch.

Sarah SandersVerified account @PressSec
President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern...
Show this thread
4:58 PM - 7 Nov 2018

Paula Bartholomew
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 weeks ago

The only free press Trump believes in is when it sides with him.  Saunders is so totally indoctrinated by all things Trump that she can't see the forest for the trees.

PJ
5  PJ    2 weeks ago

This administration has created so much animosity among it's citizens.  This is such a ridiculous situation.  How is this happening in our country?  This WH is completely out of control. 

Ender
5.1  Ender  replied to  PJ @5    2 weeks ago

trump says the nastiest things, lies constantly, yet his supporters get all bent out of shape when someone calls him on it.

Unreal.

epistte
5.1.1  epistte  replied to  Ender @5.1    2 weeks ago
trump says the nastiest things, lies constantly, yet his supporters get all bent out of shape when someone calls him on it. Unreal.

Conservatives love to dish it out but they can't take it when someone does the same to them.

Greg Jones
5.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  epistte @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

This is a presidential press conference, not a forum for some whack job reporter to make a speech. I love the way Trump let Jimbo talk himself out of a job.

epistte
5.1.3  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.2    one week ago

Acosta wasn't fired and his co-workers and employee support his actions.  Sarah Sanders lied and she was called out for her lies. 

JohnRussell
5.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  epistte @5.1.3    one week ago
5.1.3  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.2    7 minutes ago
Acosta wasn't fired and his co-workers and employee support his actions.  Sarah Sanders lied and she was called out for her lies. 

Oops. 

Skrekk
5.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  epistte @5.1.3    one week ago
Sarah Sanders lied and she was called out for her lies. 

Who but a liar would be willing to be the spokesman for a pathological liar?

Jasper2529
5.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  epistte @5.1.3    one week ago
Acosta wasn't fired

Greg Jones didn't say that Acosta was fired from CNN. The WH "fired" him by pulling his correspondent privilege.  

Greg Jones
5.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.6    one week ago

Yep, that's what I said yesterday, but these idiots can't read! jrSmiley_22_smiley_image.gif

Ender
5.1.8  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.6    one week ago

Which actually I don't think he can legally do.

The Nation‘s Robert Sherrill was denied Secret Service clearance during Lyndon Johnson’s administration on the grounds that he posed a physical threat to the president. (He had gotten into a few fistfights with government officials earlier in his career.) Sherrill went on to cover the Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan administrations as the Nation’s White House correspondent despite being barred from the building. Even after the American Civil Liberties Union successfully challenged Sherrill’s barring in federal court, he didn’t bother to get a pass, saying he had better things to do than "sitting around for some dumb [expletive] to give a press conference." https://foreignpolicy.com/2010/06/07/can-the-white-house-revoke-a-reporters-credentials/

tomwcraig
5.1.9  tomwcraig  replied to  Ender @5.1.8    one week ago

You're conflating a person with a history of getting into fights with politicians and the potential of being a physical threat to White House staffers (Sherrill) with someone who actually got physical with a White House staffer in a White House press conference.  There is a huge difference between the two.  The one hadn't done anything in the White House to be banned for, just the fear that there might be something due to his history, and the other having actually done something caught on video.

Ender
5.1.10  Ender  replied to  tomwcraig @5.1.9    one week ago

And I have seen the video. Saying he assaulted her is laughable. Get real.

Repeating a lie does not make it true.

tomwcraig
5.1.11  tomwcraig  replied to  Ender @5.1.10    one week ago

Where did I say assault in my previous comment?

Ender
5.1.12  Ender  replied to  tomwcraig @5.1.11    one week ago

Same thing. He did not "get physical" with her.

Hell by this so called standard, anyone can be arrested just by accidentally brushing up against someone on the bus.

tomwcraig
5.1.13  tomwcraig  replied to  Ender @5.1.12    one week ago

I don't know which video you watched, but I watched both a side-by-side comparison between the video that was aired the night of the incident and the White House released video and I watched the video from that night as well before seeing the comparison video.  In all the video, he brings his arm down to knock her hands away from the microphone.  That is getting physical with her.

Ender
5.1.14  Ender  replied to  tomwcraig @5.1.13    one week ago

I have watched the video as well.

No he did not. She forcefully tried to grab the mic.

He did not intentionally try to do anything to her.

Funny, only people that believe he tried to swat her away seem to be trump supporters.

There is also a doctored (fake) video being touted by sanders and infowars.

Jasper2529
5.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @5.1.8    one week ago
Which actually I don't think he can legally do.

Obama did it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/10/10/cpj-report-on-obama-press/2960607/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html

Nixon and other presidents also did it. You can look those up for yourself. Very interesting history reads!

Ender
5.1.16  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.15    one week ago
Obama did it.

Nope. Nowhere in either of those articles does it say Obama banned a reporter from the White House.

Jasper2529
5.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @5.1.16    one week ago
Nowhere in either of those articles does it say Obama banned a reporter from the White House.

Read the first link more carefully and read between the lines.

Report: Obama often blocks press access to information

Despite President Obama's promises of transparency, the White House blocks routine information for reporters, seeks aggressive prosecution of classified information leakers and uses its own media channels to shape its messaging, according to a scathing new report by the Committee to Protect Journalists.

Authored by former Washington Post executive editor Leonard Downie Jr., the report portrays an administration gripped by strict policies about information flow and paranoid about leaks across all executive branch departments.

"This is the most closed, control freak administration I've ever covered," David E. Sanger, chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, told Downie, who now teaches journalism at Arizona State University.

Ender
5.1.18  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.17    one week ago

You can repeat it all you want. No where in there does it say Obama banned a reporter from the white House.

Jasper2529
5.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @5.1.18    one week ago

You can nitpick all you want. Blocking and banning are the same thing.

Ender
5.1.20  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.19    one week ago

It is not nitpicking. You are trying to conflate perceived flow of information with a reporter being blocked from the grounds.

Nowhere near the same thing.

No reporter was banned from entering the White House in that article.

tomwcraig
5.1.21  tomwcraig  replied to  Ender @5.1.14    one week ago

His time with the mic was over, his question was asked and Trump had said "Next."  She was doing her job and he refused to let her do her job and physically blocked her from doing so by bringing his arm down.  Didn't you read what I said about the videos?  I watched the original video and the comparison video between what the White House released and the original video.  I saw little difference between them.

Vic Eldred
6  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Finally! He is barred. That was my suggestion earlier, even before his tussle with the young woman.

pat wilson
6.1  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 weeks ago
his tussle with the young woman.

Tussle ? She practically assaulted him, grabbing at his microphone. He held on to it. She's another trump thug.

Keep twisting and spinning.

JohnRussell
6.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    2 weeks ago

She was obviously signaled by Trump to try and pry the mic from Acosta. It is a shame bright young people have fallen prey to trump's wickedness and go to Washington hoping to help him ruin America. 

PJ
6.1.2  PJ  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    2 weeks ago

It's so difficult to have conversations with people who refuse to accept reality but live in the world of Trump.  I just can't respect those who aren't capable of defending their position from a place of truth.  My "ignore" list is getting longer and longer.  

Texan1211
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    2 weeks ago

Was that Acosta's mike?

lennylynx
6.1.4  lennylynx  replied to  PJ @6.1.2    2 weeks ago
"It's so difficult to have conversations with people who refuse to accept reality but live in the world of Trump."

Indeed, which is why I usually just mock them and laugh at them! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

JohnRussell
6.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    2 weeks ago

JohnRussell
6.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    2 weeks ago

How you get from that that Acosta attacked her will have to be one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time. 

JohnRussell
6.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    2 weeks ago

She is watching Trump. He gives her a hand signal and she jumps up to try and grab the mike. 

JohnRussell
6.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    2 weeks ago

This is how one of Trump's favorite fake news sites, Gateway Pundit, reported this story

BREAKING NEWS.

Jim Acosta’s White House press pass has been suspended following the incident wherein he assaulted a female White House staffer on Wednesday.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/11/breaking-jim-acostas-press-pass-suspended/

Raven Wing
6.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  PJ @6.1.2    2 weeks ago
It's so difficult to have conversations with people who refuse to accept reality

Agreed. It's also difficult to have a conversation with people who refuse to accept the fact that others do have, and are equally entitled to have, opinions and beliefs different than their own. 

And that seems to happen with some people here on NT. To the extent that they feel the need to attack anyone who does not totally agree with their own way of thinking.  

I have to wonder if that is the way they deal with people in their life outside of NT. ?  ?

Nowhere Man
6.1.10  Nowhere Man  replied to  PJ @6.1.2    2 weeks ago
It's so difficult to have conversations with people who refuse to accept reality.....

yeah, and it's not limited to the republicans.....

PJ
6.1.11  PJ  replied to  Nowhere Man @6.1.10    2 weeks ago

Whoever do you mean?  jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
6.1.12  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.3    2 weeks ago

No, it was his dick.

Texan1211
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @6.1.12    2 weeks ago

That might help explain the silly look on his face.

Raven Wing
6.1.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.13    2 weeks ago

And why the woman was so avid in her grabbing.

Raven Wing
6.1.15  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    2 weeks ago
She practically assaulted him

If Acosta had done to her what she did to him she would have had him arrested for assault on the spot. And Trump's encouragement for violence was there for all to see. But, once again, the Republicans chose to turn a blind eye and put the blame on Acosta. 

There is no excuse for what that women did. None. I am surprised that Trump did not applaud her then and there. 

Willjay9
6.1.16  Willjay9  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.3    2 weeks ago

Actually it was, and her mic, and my mic, and yours! It was a press conference in the WHITE HOUSE! She had no right to try to physically impose her will on Acosta and you all know it! That's just like the right to change the narrative despite the FACTS

SteevieGee
6.1.17  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.3    2 weeks ago
Was that Acosta's mike?

That mike, like everything else in the White House, belongs to the people of the USA. Since Trump has dodged his taxes for years I'd bet Acosta paid more for it than Trump.

PJ
6.1.18  PJ  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.16    2 weeks ago

Dude - if you have no problem with the President grabbing women's pussies and kissing them whenever he wants without their permission then you have some serious chips in your moral compass if this situation has upset you.  This situation is ridiculous and which I might add is based on another lie from Sarah Sanders this years nominee for "Christian" of the Year.

Willjay9
6.1.19  Willjay9  replied to  PJ @6.1.18    2 weeks ago

Huh??!!....I'm going to keep it civil and just ask you to reread my comment!

PJ
6.1.20  PJ  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.19    2 weeks ago

Hahahaha - I think I responded to the wrong post.  jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gif

96WS6
6.1.21  96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    2 weeks ago

I wouldn't call it assault.  It was certainly inappropriate, he refused to give up the mic, purposely broke the rules and was very rude. He certainly doesn't deserve and should not be allowed to attend any more briefings.  

96WS6
6.1.22  96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    2 weeks ago

Bullshit.  She didn't need hand signals. She tried to grab the mic after the president told Acosta he was done.   Did you even watch the video you posted?

Greg Jones
6.1.23  Greg Jones  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    2 weeks ago

It was her microphone to being with, and he forcibly pushed her arm away. Watch the video again closely. Would you want your daughter to be bullied like this? jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

zuksam
6.1.24  zuksam  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.14    2 weeks ago
And why the woman was so avid in her grabbing.

Because it was her Job. His turn was over and her Job was to take the mike and give it to the next reporter. They use only one mike to maintain order and prevent 25 people from yelling out questions at once. She didn't grab him, She grabbed the mike and I think she was surprised he didn't let go so she stepped aside, If I were Trump I wouldn't have insulted him I would have told him "You're all done here" and had the Secret Service escort him from the building. I wouldn't call what she did or he did an Assault, but he did use his size and strength to prevent her from doing her job and taking the mike, it was just rude disrespectful behavior on his part to the Woman and the President. It was a Whitehouse press conference and if you're lucky enough to be allowed to attend you're expected to follow the rules and be respectful, He broke the rules and now He's Gone, and good riddance. If this exact same thing had happened at a Obama press conference the Left would be screaming for blood if a rightwing reporter had used his size and strength in his refusal to relinquish the mike to a Female Whitehouse Intern who was just trying to do her job and they would have applauded Obama for doing what Trump did. Hypocrisy ! At least I can honestly say my opinion of the situation wouldn't change no matter who the sitting President was, bad conduct is bad conduct.

Texan1211
6.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.16    2 weeks ago

That is so ridiculous as to be completely silly.

Texan1211
6.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @6.1.17    2 weeks ago

That is fucking stupid.

Taxpayers paid for the chairs the reporters sit on.

Does that mean you can take one home?

phhht!

JohnRussell
6.1.28  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  96WS6 @6.1.22    2 weeks ago
Bullshit.  She didn't need hand signals. She tried to grab the mic after the president told Acosta he was done.   Did you even watch the video you posted?

At the 15 second mark Trump wags his finger. She jumps up and races to grab the mic from Acosta's hand. She wanted to please the boss right on cue. 

The young lady tried to pry the mic from Acosta who was still talking. 

When have you ever seen anyone who was still talking relinquish a microphone? 

As pathetic as this press conference was on Trump's part, I'm not sure it was his worst. He has a lot of ridiculous performances in front of the press to choose from, and we would have to go to the video tape. 

Hal A. Lujah
6.1.29  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.23    2 weeks ago
It was her microphone to being with, and he forcibly pushed her arm away.

How embarrassing that you guys are resorting to who owned the microphone.  Lol.  Let's take it a step further and find out EXACTLY who owns that microphone!  It is highly unlikely that a hot little White House intern actually owns the microphone.  Will the true microphone owner please stand up - we need your input! 

MUVA
6.1.30  MUVA  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.29    2 weeks ago

I know the mic doesn't belong to Acosta the bad behavior does.

Hal A. Lujah
6.1.31  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.28    2 weeks ago
When have you ever seen anyone who was still talking relinquish a microphone?

A version of that happens every day on Newstalkers.

SteevieGee
6.1.32  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.27    one week ago

He didn't take it home.  He was using it.  Just like he was using the chair.

Tacos!
6.1.33  Tacos!  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    one week ago
grabbing at his microphone

It's not "his microphone." She has the right to possess it. Not him.

Tacos!
6.1.34  Tacos!  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.29    one week ago
It is highly unlikely that a hot little White House intern actually owns the microphone.

The White House owns and has authorized the intern to possess it and lend it out to reporters for the purpose of asking two questions each. Reporters are expected to return the microphone when it is demanded so it may be shared with others. Acosta, asked and got answers to two questions but wanted to keep going. He had no right to possession of the microphone at that time and trying to retain his unlawful possession by force is arguably attempted robbery if he meant to keep it, some variety of trespass to chattels at minimum. Legalize aside, Acosta is an entitled bully.

Vic Eldred
6.1.35  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    one week ago
grabbing at his microphone.

It's not his microphone, he relinquishes it like everyone else is supposed to do after their question is answered, instead he argued with the President rather than ask a question, would not turn over the microphone, would not sit down and HE WAS THE THUG!!!

Funny how you can't see that. 

Willjay9
6.1.36  Willjay9  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.27    one week ago

No...but I guarantee you she can't pull one out from under me while I'm sitting on it!

Willjay9
6.1.37  Willjay9  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.25    one week ago

Really? How so?...please elaborate!

Texan1211
6.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.36    one week ago

Well, I guess it is a good thing you weren't there and she didn't try to take your chair!

LOL!

MrFrost
6.1.39  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.23    one week ago
It was her microphone to being with, and he forcibly pushed her arm away. Watch the video again closely. Would you want your daughter to be bullied like this?

It's trumps America now, lucky he didn't pull a gun and blow her head off for grabbing at him like that. 

Hal A. Lujah
6.1.40  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.39    one week ago

Good thing it didn't happen at Mar-a-Lago, where he legally could have stood his ground.

Texan1211
6.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.14    one week ago

[deleted]

I am sure the progressive press groupies follow him like lapdogs.

Dismayed Patriot
6.1.42  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.41    one week ago
His actions indicate

"Infowars editor Paul Joseph Watson tweeted out a video of the incident that was doctored to make it look like Acosta chopped the woman’s arm with his hand.

Less than an hour later, Sanders tweeted out the doctored video, writing, “We will not tolerate the inappropriate behavior clearly documented in this video.”

Comparing the actual footage of the news conference with the Watson/Sanders videos clearly shows that the latter has been manipulated."

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/8/18074966/sarah-sanders-infowars-cnn-jim-acosta-banned

Conservative Republicans like Sarah Huckabees actions indicate that they have no shame or honor. It also indicates they're incredibly gullible as one as high up in the administration as Sarah Huckabee could be so monumentally fooled into thinking something happened that now one saw while it was actually happening. It's not like it was an obscure news conference no one was watching, millions of eyes were glued the train wreck that was Trumps rambling press conference.

Greg Jones
6.1.43  Greg Jones  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    one week ago

Right...she practically knocked this big bully off his feet. Hope he didn't get bruised by her aggressive attack!

So now it's OK for arrogant media male asswipes to assault young female interns??

Dismayed Patriot
6.1.44  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.43    one week ago
So now it's OK for arrogant media male asswipes to assault young female interns??

There was no assault unless you're watching the doctored infowars video like a conspiracy theory lemming.

dennis smith
6.1.45  dennis smith  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.29    one week ago

The bottom line is that Acosta tried to continue holding the mic after time was up. A unprofessional act from an unprofessional person. Had he done as instructed there would not have been an issue.

Willjay9
6.1.46  Willjay9  replied to  dennis smith @6.1.45    5 days ago

Then why didnt they use that as an excuse? Why use a doctored tape and lie when they could have just used that? Because they know that would've been a bogus reason to pull his pass that's why!

Kathleen
7  Kathleen    2 weeks ago

He should be.

You ask questions, not attack someone. That is what he did. He stood up and said the most ignorant things.

Raven Wing
7.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kathleen @7    2 weeks ago
He stood up and said the most ignorant things.

Ignorant to you perhaps, but, to others perhaps not. Just a matter of perspective. 

Kathleen
7.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1    2 weeks ago

I felt he was disrespectful. You may not agree with the President, and I don't always agree with him either, but  be a better journalist and ask more meaningful questions. People want solutions about the country. There is a better way to do this and he was not doing that. 

Thats how I feel about it.

epistte
7.1.2  epistte  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    2 weeks ago
felt he was disrespectful. You may not agree with the President, and I don't always agree with him either, but  be a better journalist and ask more meaningful questions. People want solutions about the country. There is a better way to do this and he was not doing that.  Thats how I feel about it.

Asking Trump a question was not being disrespectful. The press has a job to do and their right to do so is guaranteed in the 1st Amendment. If Trump cannot handle the stress that comes with the job he can resign. 

Kathleen
7.1.3  Kathleen  replied to  epistte @7.1.2    2 weeks ago

The media has been terrible. I never saw this ever with any of the other Presidents. Not even with Nixon. So no.... I don't buy that shit. 

epistte
7.1.4  epistte  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.3    2 weeks ago
The media has been terrible. I never saw this ever with any of the other Presidents. Not even with Nixon. So no.... I don't buy that shit. 

Trump lies 24/7 and they have both the right and the duty to question his lies. The press doesn't work for him and they aren't there to function as his propaganda mouthpiece by mindlessly reporting what he says without questioning it.  Banning a member of the press because you don't like the questions being asked is a violation of the spirit of the freedom of the press, whose job is to be adversarial. 

Kathleen
7.1.5  Kathleen  replied to  epistte @7.1.4    2 weeks ago

I believe there are certain rules of behavior as well. I believe in freedom of speech, not freedom to be an ass.

epistte
7.1.6  epistte  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.5    2 weeks ago
I believe there are certain rules of behavior as well. I believe in freedom of speech, not freedom to be an ass.

The freedom of speech or the freedom of the press are not limited to what you or Emily Post consider to be proper. Jim Acosta was professional, even if his questions were somewhat aggressive but that is what his job requires him to do.   Respect is earned, and as of now, Trump has earned nothing by his boorish behavior. 

JBB
7.1.7  JBB  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.5    2 weeks ago

Who was being the ass? Trump identified Acosta to ask a question. Acosta asked a fair question. Trump got angry and called Acosta names and signaled his minion to grasp Acosta's microphone from him. So, again, who was being the ass? Freedom of Speech, The First Ammendment of the a US Constitution, includes Freedom of The Press. It specifically gives citizens especially reporters the right to ask tough difficult uncomfortable questions of those in power. It was a press conference for gosh sake...

Ender
7.1.8  Ender  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.5    2 weeks ago

trump is an ass on a daily basis.

Kathleen
7.1.9  Kathleen  replied to  Ender @7.1.8    2 weeks ago

You just don't get it. 

epistte
7.1.10  epistte  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.9    2 weeks ago
You just don't get it. 

What don't we get?  The press are not there to be servile doormats or to mindlessly reprint what Trump says verbatim. Journalism is about the 5 W's.  Those reporters aren't there to be nice or to polish the ego of the POTUS or politician of any party. You don't earn a Pulitzer prize for reprinting press releases. 

The Five Ws (sometimes referred to as Five Ws and How, 5W1H, or Six Ws)[1] are questions whose answers are considered basic in information gathering or problem solving. They are often mentioned in journalism (cf. news style), research and police investigations.[2] They constitute a formula for getting the complete story on a subject.[3] According to the principle of the Five Ws, a report can only be considered complete if it answers these questions starting with an interrogative word:[1]
  • Who was involved?
  • What happened?
  • Where did it take place?
  • When did it take place?
  • Why did that happen?

Some authors add a sixth question, how, to the list:[1]

• How did it happen?

We have the freedom of the press to hold the government accountable to the citizens by reporting on its actions. If Trump chooses to ratchet up the bravado the press have the duty to do the same in their reporting.  If the President can't take the heat that the office entails, the door is right there in front of him.  Use it! 

Ender
7.1.11  Ender  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.9    2 weeks ago

"Nothing like talking to a block of wood"  ?

Nice original comment you had there.

Ender
7.1.12  Ender  replied to  epistte @7.1.10    2 weeks ago

Amazing. People will dismiss everything trump does and actually turn it around on others.

Kathleen
7.1.13  Kathleen  replied to  Ender @7.1.11    2 weeks ago

I thought is was not nice , so I changed it. Something wrong with that decision?

Ender
7.1.14  Ender  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.13    2 weeks ago

Just shows me how a person truly is.

Kathleen
7.1.15  Kathleen  replied to  Ender @7.1.12    2 weeks ago

The hatred of the President is so strong, that it does not matter what anyone does at any cost. Anything that man would do, you would hate. If he cured cancer, you would find fault with that. So what I am saying about the press, will not matter or anything I try to explain. It's not really about Trump and the press, it's about pure hatred for this man no matter what he does.

I know he has a big mouth, I know he can act like an asshole, but I have never seen anything like this before in my life.

Just keep your hate away from me.

I am out.

Ender
7.1.17  Ender  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.15    2 weeks ago

You assume a lot. You are also accusing me of a lot.

And keeping the hate away from you? Hilarious. I have stuck up for you on occasion. Never again.

You first had an apology then decided to change what you said again.

Any respect I had is gone.

Kathleen
7.1.18  Kathleen  replied to  Ender @7.1.17    2 weeks ago

Sorry Ender, I am a bit upset tonight.

I do apologize if I offended you.

Ender
7.1.19  Ender  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.18    2 weeks ago

Thanks. I do apologize as well.

Everyone seems to be on edge lately.

Willjay9
7.1.21  Willjay9  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    2 weeks ago

Please point out the disrespectful things he said...because what I heard was that he was asking questions using Trumps own words as the basis of his questions!....waiting

Tessylo
7.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    2 weeks ago
'I felt he was disrespectful.'
What episette said!
'Asking Trump a question was not being disrespectful. The press has a job to do and their right to do so is guaranteed in the 1st Amendment. If Trump cannot handle the stress that comes with the job he can resign.'

Tessylo
7.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.9    2 weeks ago
'You just don't get it.'

No dear, you just don't get it.  

Kathleen
7.1.24  Kathleen  replied to  Willjay9 @7.1.21    2 weeks ago

Then you are going to have to wait.

Its time to take a break from all this.

Tessylo
7.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.24    2 weeks ago

[deleted] Because people ask you questions?  Sounds familiar.  

Kathleen
7.1.26  Kathleen  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.25    2 weeks ago

No Tessy, taking a break from the ugliness of politics lately is not being a victim. 

Perhaps it might suit many on here to do the same.

Tessylo
7.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.26    2 weeks ago

Whatever dear.  

Greg Jones
7.1.28  Greg Jones  replied to  Willjay9 @7.1.21    2 weeks ago

No, sorry, you are wrong in the extreme.

Acosta was there to make a speech, not to ask a relevant question. Trump had said that the he regarded the Honduran migrant mob to be an invasion, if and when it ever gets to the border. Millions of people agree with that statement. Acosta was trying to lecture Trump, which as he sadly learned, is not an intelligent thing to do.

Then he wouldn't shut up and relinquish the mic.  Even other reporters were telling him to shut up and sit down.

JohnRussell
7.1.29  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    2 weeks ago

I felt he was disrespectful. You may not agree with the President, and I don't always agree with him either, but  be a better journalist and ask more meaningful questions. People want solutions about the country. There is a better way to do this and he was not doing that. 

Do you think Trump is a respectful individual? Did he respect the reporter when she said she was "bleeding from "wherever"? Did he respect the tv anchor who he said was "bleeding from bad plastic surgery"? 

Who does he respect besides Fox News? 

You sure do make an awful lot of excuses for Trump Kathleen. You do know that people are familiar with him, don't you? 

epistte
7.1.30  epistte  replied to    one week ago
It's pointless to stand and argue with him as well as disrespectful to colleagues to hog time for no result. If the press wants to guard truth, then simply go find and report it. If Trump claims low unemployment, then the truth is at the unemployment office. If he says Mexico is going to pay for a wall, then the truth is in Mexico. They're free to report whatever they find but they seem to revel in catching him in a twist. 

They are there to ask questions. It is pointless for them to be there and not ask questions after then POTUS speaks. This is how a press conference works. 

Willjay9
7.1.31  Willjay9  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.28    one week ago

So.....because he wouldn't sit down and shut up that gives her the right to try to physically impose her will on him?!.....but yet somehow liberals are the mob?!

epistte
7.1.33  epistte  replied to    one week ago
He answered. It may seem to the reporter that it's a mindless blowoff but that's what it is and move on. Report the mindless answer without trying to insert some answer, any answer, in his mouth. You can't demand that I add two matrices because you'll get the same stupid look.

If Trump was actually as intelligent as he claims to be then why didn't he get into a debate with Jim Acosta and prove his intelligence? The fact that he chose to try to muzzle the press instead of debate him speaks volumes about both his intelligence and his belief in a constitutionally protected free press. 

Acosta may be a grandstander but he made Trump his sniveling ***** yesterday because Trump outed himself as a spineless weasel.  The press always gets the last word, so be careful with what you say and do.  George W. Bush learned this lesson when he attacked Helen Thomas. 

tomwcraig
7.1.34  tomwcraig  replied to  epistte @7.1.33    one week ago

Okay, why should an hour long press conference, which is supposed to be answering questions from as many different reporters as possible, be taken up by a single reporter?  Remember, each President is very busy and each press conference is supposed to be heavily regulated in terms of questions asked by each reporter.  If the Fox News White House Correspondent had done what Acosta did during an Obama press conference, there would be an immediate demand from Democrats and other Liberals to have that person fired.  That demand would not only be for assaulting an intern but for taking up the time that other reporters could ask their questions.  If you want a debate between Acosta and Trump, try to negotiate and schedule one between them.

epistte
7.1.35  epistte  replied to  tomwcraig @7.1.34    one week ago
Okay, why should an hour long press conference, which is supposed to be answering questions from as many different reporters as possible, be taken up by a single reporter?  Remember, each President is very busy and each press conference is supposed to be heavily regulated in terms of questions asked by each reporter.  If the Fox News White House Correspondent had done what Acosta did during an Obama press conference, there would be an immediate demand from Democrats and other Liberals

Jim Acosta asked a very standard and expected question about immigrants from Central America, 

Acosta has long been a bitter adversary of the White House. The Hispanic American reporter works for the rolling news channel that has been a particular focus of ire for the administration. CNN has been the network most closely associated with the “fake news” slur, which the president has used consistently to undermine public confidence in the media. In a news conference on Wednesday, Acosta was trying to challenge Trump over the president’s scaremongering about the so-called “caravan” of migrants making their way through Mexico.

Did you ever consider that there might be other correspondents who wanted to know the answer to the very same question? 

tomwcraig
7.1.36  tomwcraig  replied to  epistte @7.1.35    one week ago

You're the one who wanted a debate.  I pointed out that a press conference is not a place for a debate as it is about answering questions and Acosta wanted to keep the microphone and take up the entire time of the press conference.  Once Trump said, "No more.  Next." to Acosta, Acosta had no right to keep demanding answers and asking questions.  That alone should be enough for you to agree that he should have his credentials revoked and possible be fired by CNN without the added knocking of the intern's hands away from the microphone.

epistte
7.1.37  epistte  replied to  tomwcraig @7.1.36    one week ago
You're the one who wanted a debate.  I pointed out that a press conference is not a place for a debate as it is about answering questions and Acosta wanted to keep the microphone and take up the entire time of the press conference.  Once Trump said, "No more.  Next." to Acosta, Acosta had no right to keep demanding answers and asking questions.  That alone should be enough for you to agree that he should have his credentials revoked and possible be fired by CNN without the added knocking of the intern's hands away from the microphone.

Stop being dramatic. Jim Acosta did not want to take up the entire press conference.   Trump didn't adequately answer the question, so Jim Acosta pressed for an answer. 

Donald Trump seems to think that the White House press corps operates in the same way as Access Hollywood when they breathlessly asked him about his new toupee, his latest business failure, or what shade of orange his skin was dyed this month. The 1st Amendment's freedom of the press creates an intentionally adversarial relationship so the facts about how the government is operating get to the citizen-voters. If Trump can't handle the stress and the lack of control he can resign and go back to grabbing the crotch of Apprentice contestants.   The press corp doesn't have to take "no comment" for an answer.  

Texan1211
7.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @7.1.37    one week ago

Isn't it Acosta's job to report the answer given to him by the President?

Question asked and answered, and Acosta couldn't and wouldn't let it go.

Too bad.

I wonder if CNN will pay him the regular salary since he screwed the pooch on this?

I mean, WTF good is a former WH correspondent without access?

pat wilson
7.1.39  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.38    one week ago
Isn't it Acosta's job to report the answer given to him by the President?

What if your *president out right lies ? Should a journalist/reporter just repeat the lie, fuck no !! 

Skrekk
7.1.40  Skrekk  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.9    one week ago
You just don't get it. 

I know, right?   How arrogant of the press to ask our Fuhrer a question he doesn't like.

Skrekk
7.1.41  Skrekk  replied to  Ender @7.1.12    one week ago
Amazing. People will dismiss everything trump does and actually turn it around on others.

That's what being a Trump cultist is all about - projection and blind loyalty.

Texan1211
7.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @7.1.40    one week ago

Why do you willingly CHOOSE to live under a Fuhrer?

As much as you complain, wouldn't it be prudent to move?

Texan1211
7.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.39    one week ago

WTF is a *president?

Do you believe the press SHOULDN'T report lies if they come from the President?

That is rather strange.

JohnRussell
7.1.44  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  tomwcraig @7.1.34    one week ago
Remember, each President is very busy

Trump watches television a large part of the time. 

tomwcraig
7.1.45  tomwcraig  replied to  epistte @7.1.37    one week ago

Are you backpedaling now, epistte?  You were the one talking about a debate between Acosta and Trump.  I pointed out that it was a press conference and Acosta is not supposed to debate Trump, just ask his question.  No matter what you want to see, it doesn't change the fact that Acosta should have been banned from the White House Press Corps. for his actions regardless of what the entire mainstream media thinks and feels.  In fact, he violated journalism ethics, because he BECAME the News rather than reported it.

tomwcraig
7.1.46  tomwcraig  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.39    one week ago
What if your *president out right lies ? Should a journalist/reporter just repeat the lie, fuck no !! 

They should RESEARCH every claim made.  That is what a GOOD HONEST REPORTER does; however, those are now few and far between.  They have all gotten lazy since the vast majority are completely in bed with the Democratic Party instead of actually keeping their political opinions to themselves and just reporting the news.  More and more reporters are becoming the news rather than just reporting it.  One reason I love watching OANN, they actually act more like CNN when CNN first hit the airwaves and reported just news instead of becoming an extension of reality TV.

tomwcraig
7.1.47  tomwcraig  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.44    one week ago
Trump watches television a large part of the time. 

So did Obama, what's your point?  Trump talks about watching the news, Obama talked about watching sports and late night talk shows.

Texan1211
7.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  tomwcraig @7.1.47    one week ago

Now, now, be fair.

After all, Obama told us all several times how he became aware of things going on in the country was when he first heard it on the news!

tomwcraig
7.1.49  tomwcraig  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.48    one week ago

True, but Obama didn't say he watched the news, only that he learned it from the news.  Which could mean he watched it or a staffer saw it and told Obama and/or his advisors about it.

pat wilson
7.1.50  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.43    one week ago
Stop putting words in my mouth ! Here's what I said:

Try reading the words and comprehending them before reaching hasty conclusions.

Texan1211
7.1.51  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.50    one week ago

Read your comment.

Understood your comment.

My comment stands.

pat wilson
7.1.52  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.51    one week ago
Understood your comment.

Clearly not.

Texan1211
7.1.53  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.52    one week ago

Uh, YEAH, I did.

You asked if a journalist/reporter should just repeat the lie.

In my opinion, that would be PART OF THE STORY.

The reporter should REPORT the lie, and if the reporter is competent, will quote it verbatim.

Then explain why it is a lie.

Now, if you meant something else, say so.

BTFW, what is a *president?

Is that anything like a President?

SteevieGee
7.1.54  SteevieGee  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.1    one week ago
be a better journalist and ask more meaningful questions.

Something like 'How do you pick out your tie?'

dennis smith
7.1.55  dennis smith  replied to  epistte @7.1.4    one week ago

"Trump lies 24/7" An absurd comment as no one is awake 24/7.

epistte
7.1.56  epistte  replied to  dennis smith @7.1.55    5 days ago

He lies at all hours of the day and night.

Is that better for you?

badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη
8  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη    2 weeks ago

The echo chamber crowd loves the childish behavior of the Democrat propaganda media and the will defend the ridiculous behavior of they white house press core.

The disrespect and bizarre questions they ask are insulting to anyone with an education.

It's time to move on Hillary lost. The reality TV star won. It's not forever. It will end in a few years. Take a deep breath, get a hobby.

Tessylo
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @8    2 weeks ago
'The echo chamber crowd loves the childish behavior of the Democrat propaganda media and the will defend the ridiculous behavior of they white house press core. The disrespect and bizarre questions they ask are insulting to anyone with an education.'

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
9  Kathleen    2 weeks ago

Another note, I will not judge anyone on here no matter what party they are with. 

I do not define a human being according to there politics, for which some of you are.

I know there are good people on here whether you support Trump or not.

Tacos!
9.1  Tacos!  replied to  Kathleen @9    one week ago
I know there are good people on here whether you support Trump or not.

You might get excommunicated for being reasonable.

Nowhere Man
10  Nowhere Man    2 weeks ago

This actually happened to Reagan once, you know what he did?

He excused himself and left the briefing and didn't return.

Word was put out to the press corp that there would be no more briefings if such was going to happen again.

(and it went from the press corp to the editors, which was where it was meant to go)

It never happened again.

Why? WH press corp idiot was "Counseled" to knock off his bullshite.

For the press corp it is all about access, without access your nothing.

This was stupid. there are much much more effective ways of dealing with crap like this....

96WS6
10.1  96WS6  replied to  Nowhere Man @10    2 weeks ago

I agree to a point.  The problem is that this isn't the 80's anymore and civility has went the way of the dodo.  The point is, What Reagan did wouldn't work today I'm afraid.

Nowhere Man
10.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  96WS6 @10.1    one week ago
What Reagan did wouldn't work today I'm afraid.

And that my friend, is the saddest part of all.....

Sparty On
10.2  Sparty On  replied to  Nowhere Man @10    2 weeks ago
This was stupid. there are much much more effective ways of dealing with crap like this....

Yep, all parties clearly could have handled it better

MUVA
11  MUVA    2 weeks ago

He isn't a member well he is a member but not of the press he works for CNN which is a propaganda arm of the democrat party.

It Is ME
12  It Is ME    2 weeks ago

Man Bullies Women.....AGAIN !

White Men are such pigs ! (#metoo)

Tacos!
12.1  Tacos!  replied to  It Is ME @12    one week ago
Man Bullies Women.....AGAIN !

And where are the feminists to stand up for her? Nowhere to be found.

The Magic Eight Ball
13  The Magic Eight Ball    2 weeks ago

suspended until further notice?    don't your breath...

bye bye jimmy boy.

Sparty On
14  Sparty On    2 weeks ago

Meh, he knows how the rules work for the WH press-corps and knowingly broke them.    He's reaping what he's sown and will be replaced easily with another, self important, dime a dozen reporter.

No news at eleven .....

XDm9mm
15  XDm9mm    2 weeks ago

I just have to wonder if Acosta would have been so aggressive with a female Secret Service agent.  And what his reaction would have been looking at the ceiling wondering just how the fuck he got there.

PLEASE don't just 'suspend' is 'credentials', revoke them and have him broadcast from outside the gate, maybe interviewing the homeless in Lafayette Square.

PJ
15.1  PJ  replied to  XDm9mm @15    2 weeks ago

[Removed

It Is ME
15.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @15.1    2 weeks ago
You do realize that Trump supporters have no moral standing on basic human principles anymore, right?

Who says ?

Greg Jones
15.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @15.1    2 weeks ago

Oh, please stop the moronic comments and sweeping generalizations. You know better than [that....deleted]

PJ
15.1.3  PJ  replied to  It Is ME @15.1.1    2 weeks ago

All of humanity

PJ
15.1.4  PJ  replied to  Greg Jones @15.1.2    2 weeks ago

No, it's how I feel and how most of the rest of America and the world (minus the world dictators) feel.  

You have no moral ground to stand on when you've cheered, applauded and supported the most vile, vulgar, pathetic, deplorable behavior from Mr. Trump.

Just STOP with your crying about a journalist asking the biggest baby (aside from his supporters) a mean question.  boo hoo hoo, Jim hurt my feewings.....

[deleted]

It Is ME
15.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @15.1.3    2 weeks ago
All of humanity

Weird.....

Does ALL include those that voted for Trump too....since you used the word "ALL" that is. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

XDm9mm
15.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  PJ @15.1.3    2 weeks ago
All of humanity

Wow...

So, what EXACTLY are those of us who support President Trump?  Please be specific.

PJ
15.1.7  PJ  replied to  XDm9mm @15.1.6    one week ago

If you don’t know what you are and what you’ve supported perhaps you shouldn’t be voting.

I feel bad for you.  jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

PJ
15.1.8  PJ  replied to  It Is ME @15.1.5    one week ago

No

PJ
15.1.9  PJ  replied to  PJ @15.1.4    one week ago

oh man......that was a really witty remark that got deleted.

jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
15.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @15.1.8    one week ago
No

Ahh....so you "Embellished" ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

XDm9mm
15.1.11  XDm9mm  replied to  PJ @15.1.7    one week ago
If you don’t know what you are and what you’ve supported

I know EXACTLY what I am and who I supported.

Now, can YOU explain SPECIFICALLY what those of us who supported and still support President Trump are?   You DO have something specific on your mind do you not?

PJ
15.1.12  PJ  replied to  XDm9mm @15.1.11    one week ago

I'm not so foolish to put my true feelings on a site that has become a safe haven for the trump supporter.

Nice try though.  

XDm9mm
15.1.13  XDm9mm  replied to  PJ @15.1.12    one week ago

So, by that, I can only surmise that you cannot elucidate in an adult manner, sans prepubescent name calling, what you truly believe.

OK....   got it.

Thanks for the admission.

PJ
15.1.14  PJ  replied to  XDm9mm @15.1.13    one week ago

The truth of the matter is - I don't care what you surmise or what you think about me. 

I'm a princessjrSmiley_20_smiley_image.gif

PJ
15.1.15  PJ  replied to  PJ @15.1    one week ago

GOD DAMN IT!!!! 

This censoring is completely out of control.  You can take this right wing haven and stick it. 

lennylynx
15.1.16  lennylynx  replied to  PJ @15.1.15    one week ago

Don't leave us sweet P! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Greg Jones
15.1.17  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @15.1.15    one week ago

Don't go away mad!

PJ
15.1.18  PJ  replied to  Greg Jones @15.1.17    one week ago

tenor.gif?itemid=3896759

Eagle Averro
15.1.19  Eagle Averro  replied to  PJ @15.1.18    one week ago

PJ

lennylynx
15.1.20  lennylynx  replied to  PJ @15.1.18    one week ago

jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

dennis smith
15.1.21  dennis smith  replied to  PJ @15.1.12    one week ago

Are you putting your untrue feelings on this site?

dennis smith
15.1.22  dennis smith  replied to  PJ @15.1.15    6 days ago

When you can't stand the heat it is best to get out of the kitchen. Goodbye

Greg Jones
15.2  Greg Jones  replied to  XDm9mm @15    2 weeks ago

I honestly look at people like Acosta as a security threat. He should be banished to standing out in the rain with all the other lesser media whores. Even someone as grating and irritating as Helen Thomas knew that certain line existed that she could not cross. And she never did. I hope this sends a message to the rest of the press corps. Keep it simple, relevant, polite, and respect the office even if you despise the man.

r.t..b...
15.2.1  r.t..b...  replied to  Greg Jones @15.2    2 weeks ago
I hope this sends a message to the rest of the press corps.

Oh, the message is loud and clear. The sanctity of an unfettered press is being tested. Can an administration, particularly one who reminds the base daily 'the press is the enemy of the state', have any credibility when it suspends a member of the same? Is Acosta caustic? You bet, but still a dangerous precedent to set, "even if you despise the man." And to pawn it off as a case of assault is simply nauseating.

XDm9mm
15.2.2  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @15.2.1    2 weeks ago
And to pawn it off as a case of assault is simply nauseating.

And EXACTLY what would you have opined if it was President Trump that pushed a reporter out of the way demanding to get her way.

Greg Jones
15.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  r.t..b... @15.2.1    2 weeks ago

Acosta is replaceable, the truth will still come out.

But the message was sent, it appears.

r.t..b...
15.2.4  r.t..b...  replied to  XDm9mm @15.2.2    2 weeks ago
And EXACTLY what would you have opined if it was President Trump that pushed a reporter out of the way demanding to get her way.

An odd deflection. The president sure did get 'her' way.

XDm9mm
15.2.5  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @15.2.4    2 weeks ago
An odd deflection. The president sure did get 'her' way.

Talk about deflection.   It was the people that got in 'her' way.

Now, do you think you can answer the question honestly?

luther28
16  luther28    2 weeks ago

Apparently He asked the wrong questions.

That was sarcasm, there are no wrong questions our Government is accountable to all of us of which the Press is a part.

Tacos!
16.1  Tacos!  replied to  luther28 @16    one week ago
Apparently He asked the wrong questions.

Actually Trump answered the questions and tried to move on. You don't get three or four questions and you're not there to argue with the president either.

Greg Jones
17  Greg Jones    2 weeks ago

Uh.....what was Acosta's question? It must be in there somewhere, amongst all the disrespect, arguing with and lecturing Trump, bullying a young female intern, and refusing to sit down. That disgraceful action of forcibly touching and pushing her arm away is what got him booted.

Tacos!
18  Tacos!    one week ago

The format of these things is that a reporter gets a question and a follow-up, i.e. 2 questions. It's not a one-on-one interview where Jim Acosta just gets to ask all the questions he wants or gets to argue with the president. Acosta got his two questions, which the president did answer, and he tried to keep going even though the president was trying to give other reporters a chance. Acosta was out of line.

If he is going to be someone who ignores the rules of the press conference at the expense of other reporters and will physically fight an intern (barring her with his arm and outmuscling her) for the microphone (and it's not even his microphone), he should have his credentials revoked. It was unprofessional and Acosta behaved like an entitled bully.

Nowhere Man
19  Nowhere Man    one week ago

Acosta went on for over seven minutes hammering away at several issue against T-rump Eventually landing on the immigrant/invader issue. He asked his question got a direct answer, asked his followup, got a direct answer to that, and then went on a rant, refusing to give up the mic as T-rump was trying to get a question from someone else in.

So at that point it became a back and forth, Acosta trying to turn it into some kind of rancorous, hate filled debate, (attacking like many of the hard core do right on this site) until T-rump said enough and instructed the young lady to take the mic away.

When she tried to do her job, Acosta, (I guess the best way to describe it) SLAPPED her hand away from the mic, refusing to give it up. And kept going on with his rant. (he was trying to create something just like this discussion)

That man if he is going to act the thug and try to dominate a news briefing with his aggressive hate, shouldn't have a WH press pass.

And properly, it was removed, If your going to act like a teeny bopper demonstrator at a political rally at a WH briefing, you don't belong there.

CNN and Acosta and his media allies can spin it any way they like.

He was being an ass.

But of course, like most hardcore progressives in the media, he thinks he has a right to be an ass.

Greg Jones
19.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Nowhere Man @19    one week ago

You nailed it exactly. Hopefully he will fade away, never to be seen again. But CNN will probably make a martyr out of him and reward him with his own prime time show.

freepress
20  freepress    one week ago

The personal opinion of anyone for or against a reporter should be irrelevant. This looked entirely staged with the aide taking cues from a couple of places in the room, including POTUS.

A strong leader can and should be able to handle any questions. The fact that Trump cannot handle these questions even if the questions are wrong, is a testament to the lack of character of POTUS, not the reporter.

The reality TV show atmosphere and high school mean kid tactics that Trump loves to play on, is beneath the office. This is not a reality show to manipulate or play with in order to stoke divisions or appease Trump's fragile ego.

I don't like a lot of different reporters, I don't like Fox, I don't like the fact Infowars was given a press pass, but reporters should be allowed regardless of network affiliation be able to do their jobs without being targeted because the reporter is not liked.

It isn't about a reporter's style or likability, it is about allowing questions to be asked and the burden of dealing with negative questions is on the Press Secretary or POTUS. The burden is theirs.

Trump loves the media, the press, and coverage, he always has, he is just wrongly manipulating the media in some pretty bizarre ways to gain sympathy from his base to cover up for his own personal vendettas and his own very fragile ego.

Trump is playing one of his favorite characters, PT Barnum and Trump loves the circus, he loves being famous, he loved being a TV star, he loved making cameos in movies. 

This was totally ridiculous and blown out of all reasonable proportion and the base just goes along, until Trump turns against FOX for some reason then blocks Fox or Infowars.

epistte
21  epistte    one week ago

MrFrost
21.1  MrFrost  replied to  epistte @21    one week ago

LOL Intern feed... Love it! 

epistte
21.1.1  epistte  replied to  MrFrost @21.1    one week ago

They missed Rock-Paper-Scissors.

I have a Facebook friend with a very twisted sense of humor who posted that.

Sparty On
21.2  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @21    one week ago

Can’t watch it, not a member of narcissistbook .....

MrFrost
21.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @21.2    one week ago

Neither am I and it played fine. 

Sparty On
21.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @21.2.1    one week ago

Lol, it worked for me that time.

Hilarious!