╌>

The Joy of Democrat media

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  gooseisgone  •  6 years ago  •  35 comments

The Joy of Democrat media
But they lose U S Senate races in red areas "Becasue of gerrymandering"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

“In 2016 we had a split decision,” Dowd said. “Trump takes the electoral college, geography. Hillary Clinton wins the popular vote. Democrats won the popular vote last night by 8 million votes. But they lose U.S. Senate races in red areas –”

“Because of gerrymandering,” Behar interrupted.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

“Because of gerrymandering,” Behar interrupted

Priceless.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    6 years ago

Another progressive who doesn't understand much.

Sad little thing, isn't she?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    6 years ago

You can see why she would be opposed to a meritocracy...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.1    6 years ago

LMAO!

Too true!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    6 years ago
“Because of gerrymandering,” Behar interrupted Priceless.

Yes, yes, we have idiots who know nothing about civics on both sides, but go ahead and laugh at the stupid liberal. The fact that Dowd pointed out is still true, "Democrats won the popular vote last night by 8 million votes". Conservatives trying to imagine themselves the majority saying things like "America supports Trump" while over 54% disapprove of him is just as moronic as Joy Behars confusion about Senate elections. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3    6 years ago

Yes it is true, and meaningless.

The only thing counted are votes by district for the House and by state for Senate seats.

Doesn't matter one BIT if EVERY PERSON IN CALIFORNIA voted Democrat, you still wouldn't deserve or get any more seats than those already allotted.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.1    6 years ago
you still wouldn't deserve or get any more seats than those already allotted

True, but we're no less Americans either. The conservatives dismiss the supposed coastal elites but the fact is most of the people living and working in those coastal cities are middle income hard working tax paying American citizens. We have as much right to determine the direction this nation is heading as any other citizen. We also make up the majority and will continue to push for progressive ideals so conservatives can stick their hands out and try to stop the tide with their fingers but no matter what you do, you won't recognize the conservative party of twenty years from now just as the conservative party of twenty years ago wouldn't recognize conservatism today.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.2    6 years ago

I don't want any area to get more seats than they should.

They are proportioned the way they are for a reason.

And THAT is why overall votes for Congress critters means absolutely nothing, which has been my point, which somehow keeps getting missed.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    6 years ago

Anyone who takes Joy Behar seriously might have something seriously wrong with them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    6 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

I bet she did an 'oh shit!' when she was informed backstage of her logical brain fart.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    6 years ago

Gee, what with all that gerrymandering and stuff, how did Democrats win the House?

LMFAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    6 years ago

Lots of Democrats and progressives still foolishly believe that the overall popular votes MEAN something.

Did they NOT attend the same schools that the rest of who know it means nothing did?

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
8.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @8    6 years ago
the overall popular votes MEAN something. Did they NOT attend the same schools that the rest of who know it means nothing did?

Evidently I didn't. I see it as representing a pretty evenly split vote.

62,523,126 Popular Votes TO 61,201,031 Popular Votes

Although politically power wise at the time it did mean trump won, it also shows we are a fairly equally ideologically devided country at he time and now the mid term reaffirmed it as well.  

Ignoring this means and shows that America is pretty well equally devided may be your choice, But not one I chose to make though. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @8.1    6 years ago

Which, in House races, means absolutely NOTHING unless you are talking about ONE specific race.

If one House candidate gets 90% of the vote in his district, and another opposite-party candidate gets 51% of the vote in HIS district, they both have won EXACTLY what they ran for--ONE House seat.

The difference between the OVERALL votes by party is not relevant.

Same with Senate seats. Someone may run and win by with 60% of the vote in a small state while an opposite-party candidate could run in a larger state and win with 51% of the vote. Both win ONE Senate seat.

Sophomore Guide
8.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.1    6 years ago

Politically it means much more than it does nationally on the citizenry of the country. We are a divided nation. Half can only force the other half so far. Working together as a whole is better. Unfortunately, at this time neither side seems to want that. That is a problem for all of us.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @8.1.2    6 years ago

Which, once again, has absolutely NOTHING to do with the overall vote totals for any political party in House and Senate races, as they aren't counted that way.

Sophomore Guide
8.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  gooseisgone @8.1.4    6 years ago
The country by area is not evenly split. 

The numbers dont lie America is pretty evenly split.  Areas may not be but as a nation we sure as hell are. 

Sophomore Guide
8.1.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.3    6 years ago
as they aren't counted that way.

When we look a the numbers nationwide, we are pretty evenly divided. Right now the republicans have more power. A few years ago it was reversed. Someday it probably will be again. The governing of America is not done.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @8.1.6    6 years ago

Never claimed otherwise--just that the OVERALL votes for Congress critters doesn't matter, as that is NOT how they are counted in elections.

Sophomore Guide
8.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  gooseisgone @8.1.8    6 years ago
  Areas may not be but as a nation we sure as hell are
Do you have a point?

Of course I do/did but, you have to read back a ways though so here I'll sum it up :

Some one said "Lots of Democrats and progressives still foolishly believe that the overall popular votes MEAN something."

I disagreed I said it shows the country is pretty evenly divided.

That was my point all along.

Just because the republicans have more power does not mean they have many if any more followers of the ideology they represent.

Some republicans seem to think they won the political war when all they have won is a few battles.

The other ideological side didn't just disappear they are still out here in numbers and not having political power actually will or was making them more desperate. This may have just been somewhat offset by the last midterm election through.  

O-well, It was a good ride while it lasted though ... eh ?

smile

Personally. I'm glad to perhaps have a little balance back.

Sophomore Guide
8.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  gooseisgone @8.1.4    6 years ago

I doubt it ever was.

Like you said that's what the Electoral college was set up for in the very beginning. 

Over all though as a nation some how we have ended up fairly evenly devided. No one side has a majority. Cons nor libs. Hell us middle of the road independants now out number either party. We're just too independent to organize together as a whole. 

To each their own !! 
But, I see NO reason to belong to either screwed up political party cause I would not want to live in a country ran solely by either !!  Ever !!!

Have a great day !

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
9  tomwcraig    6 years ago

How about something radical, let's ban political parties.  There is nothing in the Constitution about forming or letting political parties exist.  Each race should be about the individual candidates not about their political affiliations alone.  We have split this country due to the creation and existence of the political party system and with the primary system where we choose candidates to run in the General election based on which political party we belong to.  We ban both political parties and the primaries and then we can start doing what each election should be about: voting based on our own personal beliefs and needs and selecting the office holder that best represents ourselves.  Too many people fail to research their candidates and as such vote for someone whom claims to be something they are not.  For instance, I voted against Knute Buehler in both the Republican primary and the General election for Oregon governor; because he did not ring true on his positions and as the General election campaign moved forward I was proven correct.  I ended up voting for the Constitution candidate for Oregon governor as his stated positions were closer to my positions than any of the other candidates.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Joy".….is such a JOY !