╌>

Illegal alien charged with triple murder was a ‘dreamer’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jasper2529  •  6 years ago  •  200 comments

“The illegal alien who murdered three people after he was released from a New Jersey county jail was a DACA recipient in 2012 and 2014, as confirmed by ICE,”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

F ederal officials have confirmed that an illegal immigrant released from jail by a “sanctuary city” and later charged with a triple murder was a “Dreamer” protected from deportation.

Luis Rodrigo Perez, a 23-year-old Mexican national, was given two-year   Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals   status in 2012 and 2014. It was unclear if he sought it in 2016.

“The illegal alien who murdered three people after he was released from a New Jersey county jail was a DACA recipient in 2012 and 2014, as confirmed by ICE,” tweeted the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates for reforms focused on legal immigration.  

It cited a Springfield, Mo.,   News-Leader story   that quoted a top Immigration and Customs Enforcement official on the DACA status of Perez.

Despite the administration’s opposition, House Democrats are expected to push for continued recognition of DACA “Dreamers” when they take power in January.

ICE   said that Perez was let go from a New Jersey jail because the facility does not respect ICE requests for prisoners who are illegal immigrants. ICE sought Perez in December, but he was released and ICE was notified.

“Had ICE’s detainer request in December 2017 been honored by Middlesex County Jail, Luis Rodrigo Perez would have been placed in deportation proceedings and likely sent home to his country – and three innocent people might be alive today. It is past time that localities realize the perils of dangerous sanctuary policies and resume their primary goal of protecting their residents," said ICE Acting Executive Associate Director Corey Price in a statement.

Perez has been charged with three murders in Springfield, Mo., two during a shootout on Nov. 1 and a third the next day.

Since President Trump’s moved into the White House, ICE and the Justice Department have stepped up efforts to end sanctuary city policies. But over 300 continue to exist, many in big cities in New York, New Jersey, and California.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago
Perez has been charged with three murders in Springfield, Mo., two during a shootout on Nov. 1 and a third the next day.

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.1  zuksam  replied to  Jasper2529 @1    6 years ago

New Jersey released him even though ICE wanted him "Perez was let go from a New Jersey jail because the facility does not respect ICE requests for prisoners who are illegal immigrants. ICE sought Perez in December, but he was released and ICE was notified.". I think the Families of his Victims should file a Law Suit against the New Jersey Prison Facility that released him, he should have been either in ICE custody or deported at the time of these murders. Either way if they had followed the Law these murders would never have happened.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Ender  replied to  zuksam @1.1    6 years ago

If everyone followed the law, there would be zero murders.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  zuksam @1.1    6 years ago
New Jersey released him even though ICE wanted him

Which is why I think it's weird that Democrats get mad when the president says they support open borders and releasing criminals. It's true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.2    6 years ago
'Which is why I think it's weird that Democrats get mad when the president says they support open borders and releasing criminals. It's true.'

No, it's false

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.2    6 years ago

The truth always hurt some.

Well said, and right on.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.5  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.2    6 years ago
Democrats

This is a very broad sweeping generalization.  I don't think we're permitted to do that on this site.  At least some of us are not allowed.......

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    6 years ago
No, it's false

Then you endorse border enforcement and also turning over criminals to ICE for deportation?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @1.1.5    6 years ago

I don't think I said all Democrats feel that way, but obviously many do. Look at all the Democratic cities and states that oppose working in any way with federal immigration authorities, including turning over criminals for deportation.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.8  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.7    6 years ago

oh...okay.  It just seemed kinda broad sweeping because there are many people who identify as democrat but aren't lockstep with all positions.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @1.1.8    6 years ago
there are many people who identify as democrat but aren't lockstep with all positions

Agreed! I hope to see a resurgence in the influence those people have. Unfortunately, the positions I referenced are no longer fringe positions in the party. They are official policy in several cities and states, and major national figures in the party who once advocated for control of our borders now attack anyone who suggests we should control our borders better.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago
Police in Missouri said Perez attacked a home which he had been kicked out of.

The victims could be heard “begging for their lives,”   the Associated Press reported .

“Despite such policies, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations will continue to enforce federal immigration law and prioritize public safety in the community,” said John Tsoukaris, Newark’s deportation field director.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    6 years ago

'Let the lowlife scumbags in Congress'

the gop?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    6 years ago

When will Democrats begin to look at protecting their legal constituents instead of protecting illegal aliens?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @6    6 years ago
When will Democrats begin to look at protecting their legal constituents instead of protecting illegal aliens?

Since they've made it clear that they want to abolish ICE and increase the number of sanctuary states and cities,  it isn't going to happen. US citizens and legal immigrants are on our own.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1    6 years ago

Dereliction of duty!~

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1    6 years ago

They want (we) ICE reformed not abolished.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.1    6 years ago
Dereliction of duty!~

The law obviously doesn't matter to those who "govern" sanctuary states and cities. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1    6 years ago

Don't believe the lies.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/29/17518176/...

https://www.theatlantic.com/.../what-abolish-ice-actually-means/564752

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/democratic-calls-to...

https://thinkprogress.org/abolish-ice-roundup-91247285de61

https://www.msnbc.com/kasie-dc/watch/more-democrats-call-to.

The progressive liberals DO want to abolish ICE.

Unless they were all lying then, of course.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.5    6 years ago

C'mon man!  

Pay no attention to the progressive liberals behind the curtain!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.7  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    6 years ago

Not according to quite a number of Democrat politicians. You can start with Warren, Gillibrand, and Cortez and go from there. Please remember that ICE itself needs to be abolished before "reforming" or "re-imagining" it can happen.

Thanks for stopping by, Tessy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.5    6 years ago
'Maybe you should investigate things before opening mouth and inserting BOTH feet:'

You do do that all the time.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.7    6 years ago
'Please remember that ICE itself needs to be abolished before "reforming"

Is that correct?  Citation?  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
6.1.11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.7    6 years ago
Please remember that ICE itself needs to be abolished before "reforming" or "re-imagining" it can happen.

Understandable, Just as the american government needs torn down and rebuilt to one mans vision. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.1.11    6 years ago

Which man?

Sophomore Guide
6.1.13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.12    6 years ago
Which man?

Which man has the power and believes it's his mandate to do so ? 

Our current president of course. 

Luckily he really does believe he single handedly is the only one who can do it. 

Just ask him. He's not shy about it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.1.13    6 years ago

Um, we just had elections last week or so.

Please detail what part of govt. Trump has torn down and rebuilt.

Sophomore Guide
6.1.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    6 years ago
Um, we just had elections last week or so.

Yep Thankfully we restored some balance back. that should help at least make trump think through some details better. 

Please detail what part of govt. Trump has torn down and rebuilt.

I'm not going to spend much time on this, I'm sure you'll have other ideas about it anyway., but for starters I dont like slashing taxes on the idea that increased commerce would off set the loss. To this day I dont think it has.

His instantaneous immigration zero policy was a mess from lack of detailed planning and implementation.

Many of the people he appointed to various positions haven't seem to have been "The Best of the Best" as we were promised instead we've had a lot of problems and turnovers in his appointments more that normal it seems.

His tariffs to rebuild trade deals is still a work in progress and we have no idea of what regulations are being done away with or even why they were put into place to begin with. Most regulations are to protect something or some people. The environment or the health of our citizens. 

Hard telling what condition this president will leave the country or the type of leadership we will need after he's done pushing and insulting our way up the latter of success whatever he believes that is.

I spent more time and effort that I intended.  lol

Where I come from we see people like donald trump more of a manipulator than a leader. Someone who uses anyone and anything to his advantage. 

I much prefer an honest straight shooter. One who bases what they say in facts not just anything to advance their agendas or to make themselves look better than they really are.  

To each their own

And that's also why I dont support either political party, I dont trust either. 

I will add this: I do believe trump has good intentions for America (I believe his ulterior motive is self grandeur though) but IMO: That is his saving grace, If Not for that, I'd be scared shitless for America under this mans control.  I stopped underestimating Mr now president trump long ago !! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.1.15    6 years ago

So, all the things you listed has really nothing to do with "tearing down our govt." and remaking it one man's vision.

Sophomore Guide
6.1.17  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.16    6 years ago
So, all the things you listed has really nothing to do with "tearing down our govt." and remaking it one man's vision.

Its all being done however this man man sees fit. Where is the others input ?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.1.17    6 years ago

Other Presidents have installed tariffs.

Other Presidents have changed immigration policy on their own.

Other Presidents have instituted policies on the environment.

I can't think of a single law Trump has changed on his own, can you?

Sophomore Guide
6.1.19  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.18    6 years ago
I can't think of a single law Trump has changed on his own, can you?
President don't make laws, they write executive orders as we both know.
Other Presidents have installed tariffs.

Other Presidents have changed immigration policy on their own.

Other Presidents have instituted policies on the environment.

And how's that worked out ? 
Sometime well, other times it seems not so well. Maybe that's why the founding fathers set America up so no one person would have too much control. That isn't desired at this time much though it seems. Each side and one man now seem want to control everything themselves and its been like that for some time now. Sad But hey, 
Good luck with it America. I'm sure doing the same thing eventually it'll change....
not

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.1.19    6 years ago

Progressive liberals seemed to have just loved Obama's policy changes on immigration. Surely you aren't suggesting they were unhappy with those changes, or dissatisfied with the results now, are you?

Sophomore Guide
6.1.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.20    6 years ago
Progressive liberals seemed to have just loved Obama's policy changes on immigration. Surely you aren't suggesting they were unhappy with those changes, or dissatisfied with the results now, are you?

Of course not, no more that the folks who support trump are unhappy with his changing the policies. In the long run how is either good for the country though? I don't think it is, The founding fathers set america up not to be ran by ANYONE person. These Days that's just the easiest way of doing things. 

That's sad and probably not good for the country in the long run. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1.22  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    6 years ago
The progressive liberals

This is a very broad sweeping generalization.  I don't think we're permitted to do that......at least some of us are not.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1.23  PJ  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.6    6 years ago
progressive liberals

Your statement is very broad.  I don't think we're permitted to do that on this site.  At least some of us aren't allowed......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @6.1.23    6 years ago

Only problem is, its not a sweeping generalization ......  at least some of us know that.

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1.25  PJ  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.24    6 years ago

I think it's very broad sweeping.  But whatever......I don't flag comments but I did want to point out the clear bias.

Carry on with your generalizing.  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.26  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    6 years ago

What does "reform" look like? So far, it means releasing known criminal illegal aliens into our cities to roam free. What the hell kind of reform is that?

cms5
Freshman Quiet
6.2  cms5  replied to  Texan1211 @6    6 years ago
protecting illegal aliens

Huh? You do realize that they are protecting future, and in some cases current , voters ...right?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7  pat wilson    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @7    6 years ago

which has nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, to do with illegal aliens and progressive liberals who want no borders and no enforcement of current immigration laws.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    6 years ago

Nah, not a thing.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    6 years ago

A border wall and tighter security wouldn't have prevented what Pat just pointed out.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.1    6 years ago

Thank you for understanding that one has nothing to do with the other.

Now, THAT is REAL progress!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.2    6 years ago

I didn't see where anyone claimed it would.

Again, nothing to do with illegal aliens being abetted by progressive liberal policies.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.4    6 years ago

never mind

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.5    6 years ago

I don't know why you waste your time with that one.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.5    6 years ago

Gladly!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.6    6 years ago

me, neither

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.10  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.2    6 years ago
A border wall and tighter security wouldn't have prevented what Pat just pointed out.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Pat's meme failed to differentiate American citizens/legal immigrants from the seeded topic ... an ILLEGAL alien. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  pat wilson @7    6 years ago

Pat, I understand the point your meme is trying to make, but it has nothing to do with the topic of the seeded article. I won't flag your off-topic comment this time, but please don't derail my seed again. Thank you.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.2.1  pat wilson  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2    6 years ago

I disagree but thank you.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.3  arkpdx  replied to  pat wilson @7    6 years ago

According to your poster it looks like we have more than enough  murders and bombers and other criminals already and certainly do not need to let any more in to the country. That caravan can either turn around and go back where it came from or stay in Mexico. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4  Tacos!  replied to  pat wilson @7    6 years ago

So, why add to the problem of criminal citizens by letting criminal aliens roam free illegally? Stopping domestic criminals has its own complications, but stopping criminal illegal aliens is pretty straight forward: Stop them from entering the country in the first place, and deporting any we find within our borders. I don't see why any citizen would object to that.

Sophomore Guide
7.4.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @7.4    6 years ago
I don't see why any citizen would object to that.

I dont think many do.The problem has always been logistics and cash. 
Politicians do not want to spend the amount of funds it would take to actually fully secure and maintain the entire border. Because no one really wants to pay for it. 

Not even mexico it seems. Certainly not the American taxpayers.   

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4.2  Tacos!  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @7.4.1    6 years ago
Because no one really wants to pay for it.

If that was really the reason, then I think we'd be having different conversations about this. For one thing, we wouldn't be calling anyone racist for wanting to secure the border. We'd be saying they were fiscally irresponsible and there would be a lot more cost/benefit analysis than we see currently.

Second, there is very little cost involved in picking up the phone (or sending an email) to contact the local ICE office to let them the know the jail is about to release an illegal alien criminal. I have also heard no jurisdiction cite costs as the primary reason (or even a minor reason) for instituting a sanctuary policy.

In fact, that practice is probably increasing costs for ICE, because now they have to go hunt for these people on the streets. It also puts ICE agents and the surrounding community at risk by forcing confrontations that could have been avoided.

Unquestionably, there is a cost in building a wall. I would expect (without being an expert on the matter) that the highest costs of a wall would be in the initial construction. In the years after construction, I would think the wall costs little or nothing to maintain. By contrast, border patrol agents and technology requiring maintenance  increase costs each year.

There are also studies that show that illegal immigration is a net cost to local, state and federal governments. Of course, it's probably impossible to know exactly how much. Regardless, it stands to reason that decreasing the flow with a wall would decrease such costs, so that the wall partly pays for itself.

Sophomore Guide
7.4.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @7.4.2    6 years ago
Second, there is very little cost involved in picking up the phone (or sending an email) to contact the local ICE office to let them the know the jail is about to release an illegal alien criminal.

This has little to do with the wall. Just as people overstaying their visas. 

You are correct though it isn't as simple as a wall, the maintenance of sevalace is a long term escalating major ongoing cost 

I still say one of the major reason for the lack of fencing and or a wall is money.

Yes attitude plays into it but I do think if we could erect and watch over our border for free it would be have been done long ago. or if another country would foot the bill it'd be done by now as well....

Till then I'd say the American taxpayer is somewhat indifferent unless some one else pays.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    6 years ago

I wish the victims' families could sue the asshats who thought releasing an illegal alien from custody was in the best interest of law-abiding American citizens.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @8    6 years ago
I wish the victims' families could sue the asshats who thought releasing an illegal alien from custody was in the best interest of law-abiding American citizens.

It hasn't worked for Kate Steinle's and other Angel Families.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11  1stwarrior    6 years ago

And, in today's news, the Mexican military and State police ESCORT 400 Illegal Aliens to the border and new channels have taped/posted videos of the Illegal Aliens climbing the wall in San Diego.

The Mexican government also has printed and is distributing pamphlets on how to cross the border illegally.

Ender
Professor Principal
12  Ender    6 years ago

Does crime happen? Sadly yes. Using a murder to justify a position is just as wrong.

MOSTLY TRUE: Undocumented immigrants less likely to commit crimes than U.S. citizens

PolitiFact also noted that as the immigrant population has increased, crime has gone down, citing Ewing’s report.

Between 1990 and 2013, the foreign-born share of the U.S. population increased from 7.9 percent to 13.1 percent, and the number of unauthorized immigrants went up from 3.5 million to 11.2 million. At the same time, the violent crime rate (murder, rape and aggravated assault) decreased 48 percent and property crime rate fell 41 percent, the report said, citing FBI data.

Bianca E. Bersani, an assistant professor and director of the Criminology and Criminal Justice Program at the University of Massachusetts in Boston, says   her research   also shows that crime involvement among foreign-born residents is lower than that of U.S.-born citizens.

"The rhetoric of the ‘criminal immigrant’ does not align with the bulk of empirical research," Bersani said.

According to   Bersani’s research , while first-generation immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than the native-born population, the second generation (individuals born in the United States to at least one foreign-born parent) more closely resemble patterns of their native-born peers (three or more U.S.-born generations).

"This does not suggest that the second generation is uniquely crime prone, but instead that they are acting in ways that are no different from the rest of the U.S.-born population," Bersani said.

Link

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @12    6 years ago

That's jolly good for Politifact California. If you read the seeded article, you'd have learned that the illegal alien accused of three murders was in NJ and MO.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.1    6 years ago

No shit. It does not invalidate the study.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.1.3  Ender  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.1.2    6 years ago

So you are saying that employing the National Guard and now US armed forces to the border are having no impact?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1.4  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @12.1.1    6 years ago
No shit. It does not invalidate the study.

I was gently reminding you that you were wildly veering off-topic. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.3  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @12    6 years ago
Undocumented Immigrants Less Likely To Commit Crimes Than U.S. Citizens

So what? I don't care how little crime they commit. They commit some crime and it's the simplest crime to eliminate. All we have to do is keep them out of the country and we will have zero crime from people who aren't supposed to be here in the first place.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13  1stwarrior    6 years ago

How 'bout this for protection - Perez has been in the U.S. since at least 2010.  He applied, and was granted, DACA protection in 2012, 2014 and possibly 2016.  Each application contains a section that explains the application process for "Legal Status", leading to a Green Card, Authorization to Work, Establishing Residency and a Change of Status to be come a U. S. Citizen.

So - he was given the information three times and obviously ignored it.

Deport his little azz - all he wants is a free ride.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
14  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

So? This doesn't mean that every dreamer is a criminal, just like those people mentioned by Pat doesn't mean every American is a criminal.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15  Mark in Wyoming     6 years ago

correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it part of DACA that to be eligible that the individual ALSO not have any criminal record? I would think that if convicted of even one of these charges , the guy is NOT eligible for DACA protection any longer and should serve any time on conviction and after that be deported.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15    6 years ago

Do you think he'll even be eligible for parole?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @15.1    6 years ago

cant say , each jurisdiction is different , but as I said , once what ever sentence is metted out if convicted , once that is served , that does not include parole , once he is out of the jail , adios muddafuggah. of course that would most likely mean he will spend most of the time in jail. it would also be based on if he also gets no possibility of parole added to the sentence.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15.1.1    6 years ago

Well since he committed the crimes in MO, he will either get the death penalty or life without parole.

I guess he'll be staying for awhile

Ender
Professor Principal
15.2  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15    6 years ago
  • are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or armed forces;
  • have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors of any kind; and
  • do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.
  • Link

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @15.2    6 years ago

So if convicted , he can kiss his DACA protections and eligibility goddbye, and say hello to a big stinkin bite of dookie doo.....

Ender
Professor Principal
15.2.2  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15.2.1    6 years ago

I would say. Any and all of his protections are gone.

charger 383
Professor Silent
16  charger 383    6 years ago

This Dreamer killed dreams of US Citizens

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  charger 383 @16    6 years ago
This Dreamer killed dreams of US Citizens

And, the way this is titled and, written makes it a hit piece on all Dreamers. It try's to paint all of them as murders, rapist and, the like and, that isn't true.

charger 383
Professor Silent
16.1.1  charger 383  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1    6 years ago

why put U S Citizens at additional risk?  There are already enough problems, why add even more?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  charger 383 @16.1.1    6 years ago
why put U S Citizens at additional risk?  There are already enough problems, why add even more?

LOL, I guess you haven't been watching the news over the past month, one American killed 12 Americans in a Synagogue, one American sent bombs to other Americans, one American shot two Americans in a store. It would seem that we have more to fear from Americans than we do those seeking the American dream.

charger 383
Professor Silent
16.1.3  charger 383  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.2    6 years ago

and did we have a reason to remove them?  No, we were already stuck with them.  They are part of the load we are already carrying, why add more to it? 

Overpopulation is the other problem that is hiding in plain sight, that worries me even more

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.2    6 years ago

That is one of the most silly ideas for not enforcing immigration laws I have ever heard.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  charger 383 @16.1.3    6 years ago
and did we have a reason to remove them?  No, we were already stuck with them.  They are part of the load we are already carrying, why add more to it?  Overpopulation is the other problem that is hiding in plain sight, that worries me even more

And, the same thing was said when the Irish, the Italians, the Polish and, the concentration camp Refugees came over here. It never seems to get old with you guys.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @16.1.4    6 years ago
That is one of the most silly ideas for not enforcing immigration laws I have ever heard.

And, this is one of the silliest statements I've seen on here. Texan, show me where I suggested not enforcing immigration laws. Fact is that is a simple deflection from what I did state, we are in more danger from our citizens that we are from any illegal, especially Dreamers.

charger 383
Professor Silent
16.1.7  charger 383  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.5    6 years ago

Why do you like them so much?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  charger 383 @16.1.7    6 years ago
Why do you like them so much?

Why do you and, others on here hate them so much?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.8    6 years ago

I was asked the same foolish question.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
16.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.8    6 years ago
Why do you and, others on here hate them so much?

Answer a question with a question. Luv It ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Me ?

"Illegal" has something to do with it. In FACT..... MOST to do with it !

"Illegal" isn't a "Race" by the way ! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @16.1.10    6 years ago
"Illegal" has something to do with it. In FACT.....MOST to do with it ! "Illegal" isn't a "Race" by the way !

Dreamers, according to DACA, aren't "illegals", they are immigrants seeking citizenship and, they have rules to follow, this man broke those rules and, deserves what he gets, the rest of the Dreamers shouldn't pay for what HE did.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
16.1.13  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.11    6 years ago
Dreamers, according to DACA, aren't "illegals", they are immigrants seeking citizenship

Indeed, and thanks to taxpayers paying for their educations and more, many are lawyers, teachers, politicians, and in other professional careers who, after living in the USA for decades, STILL haven't bothered to earn their green cards or citizenship.

Sophomore Guide
16.1.14  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @16.1.10    6 years ago
Me ?

"Illegal" has something to do with it. In FACT.....MOST to do with it !

"Illegal" isn't a "Race" by the way ! 

True. 

I dont hate anyone. I dont like illegal people coming here. I do however understand their plight. How to help them ? I don't have that the answer.

I always figured that's why we hired people called politicians to figure out the solutions to problems like this so we could live our own lifes. I figure that's part of why I pay taxes. It seemed to work real well for a long time. 241 years.

But, now we can't even seem to be able as a nation to decide which way is the right way on much of anything, and hardly anyone even cares to listen to the others side. 

So immigration has been a great dividing tool and I expect it will be for some time to come. Politicians use it to gain power. 

I do wonder who actually profits from all this division ?  Cause it isn't me. Its cost me friends. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
16.1.15  charger 383  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.8    6 years ago

I answered you question, Now why do you like them so much?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.12    6 years ago
They most certainly are ILLEGAL ALIENS...

No, as long as they follow the rules laid out in DACA, they are legal and, they are seeking citizenship.

They just got special treatment by the President who wrote that EO.

They got that treatment because of the special circumstances they entered the country under.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.17  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jasper2529 @16.1.13    6 years ago
Indeed, and thanks to taxpayers paying for their educations and more, many are lawyers, teachers, politicians, and in other professional careers who, after living in the USA for decades, STILL haven't bothered to earn their green cards or citizenship.

False, the kids that are here and, are participating in DACA who have jobs and, are getting an education or, serving in our military are paying taxes as well so, the idea that they are somehow getting a "free ride" on the tax payer dole is simply not true. I know this because one of the rules that they have to follow is either working at a job or, getting an education.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.19  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  charger 383 @16.1.15    6 years ago
I answered you question, Now why do you like them so much?

I'll say this one more time and, one more time only. I couldn't care one way or, the other about them personally but, they deserve the right to be heard, many of them came here seeking asylum, those people need to have their cases heard in court and, not the court of public opinion like Trump wants. The Dreamers and, I'll say this loud and, clear so, that there is no mistake, the Dreamers are trying to make themselves legal through the rules laid out under the Obama EO, they should be allowed to do this and, not be hampered by the Trump Administration or, the Congress or, the courts unless of course, like this POS they break the law and, the rules, then all bets are off for the person, the one person, who broke the rules.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
16.1.21  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.16    6 years ago

Yeah, right - the "Special Circumstance" of coming into the U.S. ILLEGALLY - BS.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
16.1.22  1stwarrior  replied to  Jasper2529 @16.1.13    6 years ago

Or even APPLIED for citizenship.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.6    6 years ago

Which, once again, has absolutely nothing to do with an illegal alien, aided and abetted by progressive liberal policies, killing American citizens.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.24  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @16.1.21    6 years ago
Yeah, right - the "Special Circumstance" of coming into the U.S. ILLEGALLY - BS.

So, your a toddler and, your parents are carrying you down the street, they cross the street and, you wanted to go in the candy store on the corner before they took you across the street. Did you cross the street because you wanted to or, because your parents carried you across the street?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.25  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @16.1.23    6 years ago
Which, once again, has absolutely nothing to do with an illegal alien, aided and abetted by progressive liberal policies, killing American citizens

Let's use your logic here. You say that "illegal aliens" are bad, all of them, even the all of the Dreamers who are trying to become citizens legally, ok, you want to deport every one of them, ok, now, let's use that. Four of Trumps supporters committed crimes last month so, using your logic that makes all Trumps supporters criminals, we should lock up everyone of them or, deport everyone of them, including Trump and, his family. Right?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.25    6 years ago

Well, let's start by not telling a lie. Either QUTE me saying ALL illegal aliens are bad or retract your erroneous, false statement.

There is a legal process in place to come to America, and a legal process to stay in America.

Gee, I am really sorry if me supporting LAW is so fucking upsetting to some.

They'll get over it, or not.

Your Trump supporter theory is sheer idiocy. I would NEVER want a person locked up for a crime they didn't commit.

Just as I would like to see an America that enforces its' immigration laws without a bunch of sniveling progressive liberal crying about it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.30  Texan1211  replied to    6 years ago

Would the liberal progressive farmers, construction, and hospitality industry owners be upset, too?

Personally, I don't care WHO is upset--I want immigration laws enforced. 

Period.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.31  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.26    6 years ago
Immaterial how the kid got here, he/she is still an ILLEGAL ALIEN INVADER.

What your talking about isn't this,

Simply because Obama tried to protect them with his bullshit EO does not change the fact that they are here ILLEGALLY.  Non matter what nonsensical supposition or situation is posited, they are ILLEGAL.

What is the truth is, this is what they really are,

Really scary people there, watch out for them, according to Trump they're rapists and, murderers.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.34  Texan1211  replied to    6 years ago

To be honest, I just haven't seen any conservatives call for abolishing ICE, or who are supportive of sanctuary cities, counties, or states.

Those would all be liberal progressive causes.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.36  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.32    6 years ago

As are some Americans, should we deport all Americans?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.37  Texan1211  replied to    6 years ago

Yes, I proved my point quite well, thank you.

Now, if you could just supply any evidence of conservatives wanting those things, then you will have a point.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
16.1.38  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.24    6 years ago

Galen - that is the most ridiculous "comparison" I've ever seen.

Now, the parents "jay walked"??  Yup - violation of law.  They cross the street again as "jay walkers"??  Yup - violation of law.

Your parents cross the border into the U. S. without permission from the government??  Yup - violation of law.  Your parents, KNOWINGLY, INTENTIONALLY and BLATANTLY violated numerous U. S. laws and should be cited with child endangerment and violation of numerous Fed laws because they entered the U. S. ILLEGALLY.

See the difference?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
16.1.39  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.11    6 years ago
Dreamers, according to DACA, aren't "illegals"

They sure are !

"American Citizens" are "Dreamers" !

Sophomore Guide
16.1.40  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @16.1.39    6 years ago
American Citizens" are "Dreamers" !

LOL Boy that's so true, Perhaps these days we could use a few more doers and a few less dreamers though. 

pun intended. 

lol

It Is ME
Masters Guide
16.1.41  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @16.1.40    6 years ago
Perhaps these days we could use a few more doers and a few less dreamers though. 

I get it. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.43  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.42    6 years ago
Did you really say that?   Please re-read your post and try to find any semblance of intelligence in it and then explain it to me. No "DREAMERS" are American's.

You wrote this,

This proves that some are in fact rapists or murderers.

And, posted a picture of the accused killer in response to my post which said this,

Really scary people there, watch out for them, according to Trump they're rapists and, murderers.

I also posted a picture of some really scary kids......they were immigrant children holding up signs.

In response to your post which said, "This proves that some are in fact rapists or murderers." and, the picture you posted I posted this,

As are some Americans, should we deport all Americans?

Get it?

charger 383
Professor Silent
17  charger 383    6 years ago

Here area few reasons I don't like them:
they think they can just come here and we have to take them in and accept them                                                                                   they will cost money and divert resources from American Citizens and make every existing problem worse
Overpopulation and overcrowding are problems and they just add to them
They are NOT our problem to start with
I don't want to live in a third world country and have my standard of living decline
the wants and needs of US Citizens should be exceeded before any foreigners are let in
They are not familiar with our form of government and way we live
I don't want to be pushed aside
we have enough problems already
Their supporters don't seem to want them in their areas or want to be unconvinced by them
I don't see how they will improve the USA, but I see problems                                                                                                           Seems some want use them to increase their power and dilute strength of other Americans                                                                    They and their cheerleaders think we have to change to accommodate them rather than they accept American ways and customs   
and I don't like being bothered with other people's problems, That's some of the reasons I don't like them or want them here

PJ
Masters Quiet
18  PJ    6 years ago

Isn't the title of the article a contradiction?  I mean, if the person was a DACA recipient then they are on file with the government, correct? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @18    6 years ago

There is no evidence suggesting he reapplied in 2016. 

That would make him---an illegal alien.

PJ
Masters Quiet
19  PJ    6 years ago

I think the next step in identifying those here illegally is to review those who came here generations ago.  Anyone born to those people should be deported.  Their citizenship was given to them under false pretenses.  They were not citizens and therefore their offspring are not citizens.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19.1  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @19    6 years ago

I agree, and one reason why I support having a law stating that at least one parent must be a US Citizen before their kids are made citizens.

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.1  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @19.1    6 years ago

No, I'm not for that either.  Both parents HAVE to be BORN US citizens because there's too many loopholes to get around what you are suggesting.

If they are not both BORN US citizens then they are here illegally.

We need to start identifying these illegal aliens and deporting them immediately

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @19.1.1    6 years ago

I don't think that ill ever fly.

What about US armed service members who marry foreigners?

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.3  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @19.1.2    6 years ago

Well if we want to get all the illegals out of the US then we have to go back generations and identify those families who are trying to pass themselves off as "Americans".

PS. - I don't think I'd pass for a "real" American.  My family came from Europe.  I have very little Native American in me.  

Military - Nope, they can still screw them if they want and have as many bastards as they want to have but they will never be considered "real" Americans.  No tainted or dirty blood.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @19.1.3    6 years ago

Hmmm....I have ALWAYS considered myself to be a real American.

My family originally came from Europe, too.

Everyone comes from somewhere.

I just don;t see the need to grant citizenship to a child because their parents managed to get here in time to plop out a baby, if neither parent is a US citizen.

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.5  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @19.1.4    6 years ago

Oh - you're illegal too?  hahahahaha

I guess this push to get those illegals out could backfire if we apply the same requirements to ourselves that we apply to other people.  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @19.1.5    6 years ago

Not really.

First, I am not an illegal alien.

I was born in America to two US citizens, one who was serving in the Navy at the time of my birth.

Second, why would the SAME requirements be necessary for foreigners and Americans?

That is crazy!

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.7  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @19.1.6    6 years ago

Awe Com'on Tex.  Maybe your parent's parents or their parents were not here legally which means your parents are DACA recipients before DACA was even thought of.

OMG - You're an anchor baby!  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @19.1.7    6 years ago

Nope.

Kind of silly to assume so, too.

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.11  PJ  replied to    6 years ago

I agree it is real and serious but how can anyone have a good faith discussion with all the political rhetoric and racism attached to the issue.

I'm not going to drive myself insane trying to have a discussion with those who only seem to be capable of seeing one small component to the issue.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
19.1.13  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  PJ @19.1.11    6 years ago
how can anyone have a good faith discussion with all the political rhetoric and racism attached to the issue.

The seeded topic is completely unrelated to race. Mexican nationals are not a "race" of people.

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.14  PJ  replied to  Jasper2529 @19.1.13    6 years ago

Okay, I'll rephrase - Prejudices

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
19.1.15  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  PJ @19.1.14    6 years ago
Okay, I'll rephrase - Prejudices

Thank you. I appreciate your correction.

I'd also appreciate if everyone discusses the seeded topic and not attack each other. I don't like to flag comments.

PJ
Masters Quiet
19.1.16  PJ  replied to  Jasper2529 @19.1.15    6 years ago

I totally agree.  Some people just can't help themselves.  jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif