╌>

Should the office of the President Of The United States be a position of dignity?

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  118 comments

Should the office of the President Of The United States be a position of dignity?
Is this now nostalgia, or should we continue to automatically expect a level of behavior by the person elected to be the leader of our people?

Should the president conduct himself with dignity?

Or is that an outmoded expectation?

George Bush I recently passed, and there was a great deal of reminiscence about how he conducted himself with decency and decorum. Is this now nostalgia, or should we continue to automatically expect a level of behavior by the person elected to be the leader of our people?

Is there any example in history of a nation being successfully and happily led by a fool and a buffoon?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

We are teaching the children to accept a level of anarchic behavior by national politicians (Trump, mainly). Can this be good?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Probably not as bad as some of the disgusting stuff LBJ was known for doing while in office. He used to play with his junk in front of people. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.1    6 years ago
Probably not as bad as some of the disgusting stuff LBJ was known for doing while in office. He used to play with his junk in front of people. 

So, because LBJ did it, it is suddenly all right for every leader of our country to act a fool, the king of which right now it Donald Trump?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.1    6 years ago

I have seen too many here using past bad behaviors of former POTUS's as justification for Trump's bad behavior.  How are we to grow as a country when far too many refuse to say enough is enough.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago
We are teaching the children to accept a level of anarchic behavior by national politicians (Trump, mainly).

I agree, but I also think the focus on Trump has been so intense that it ends up being at the exclusion of well-deserved scrutiny of other politicians. There are many who say and do absurd things. Trump didn't invent the bad behavior, he's just better at it than many others. If it were really such an anomaly, if it were really so offensive to everyone's sensibilities, he wouldn't have been elected. Unfortunately, no one wants to look in the mirror, so to speak, at the people they voted for.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    6 years ago
There are many who say and do absurd things. Trump didn't invent the bad behavior, he's just better at it than many others. If it were really such an anomaly, if it were really so offensive to everyone's sensibilities, he wouldn't have been elected. Unfortunately, no one wants to look in the mirror, so to speak, at the people they voted for.

So, do we just accept it and, watch our values sink into the abys with our country or, do we try to find someone better to represent us in the next election?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.1    6 years ago

If you can find someone that is better than HRC, the Democrats might have a chance. But right now, the outlook is bleak for them....they seemed to be obsessed with Trump and are mired down in trivia and conspiracy theories.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.2    6 years ago

I suppose that explains the 40 house seats and 7 govenrnships that the dems picked up in the mid terms...LOL

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.2    6 years ago
If you can find someone that is better than HRC, the Democrats might have a chance.

It's not finding someone better than Hillary, it's finding someone who is better than Trump and, right now, that's pretty fucking easy.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @1.2.3    6 years ago

I referring to credible presidential candidates. Who's on your short list?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.2.6  livefreeordie  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.4    6 years ago

There is no Democrat that I would ever want to see in the presidency. Their ideology is against the values of our Constitutional Republic 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.5    6 years ago
I referring to credible presidential candidates. Who's on your short list?

As stated I was speaking about house seats and govenrorships not presidential candidates. Since you asked I don't have a short list and probably won't for another year or so. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @1.2.6    6 years ago
Their ideology is against the values of our Constitutional Republic 

Okaaaayyy, let's take a look at this. Most Democrats ideals are the same as the Founders were so, how are they against the Constitutional Republic? Also, there are a lot of the newly elected ones that are veterans. Are you saying that they don't want to serve our Constitutional Republic after swearing an oath to defend it against all enemies foreign and, domestic?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.5    6 years ago

You question is laughable, considering you support Trump.  Trump is a credible as a POTUS as would be a wart hog.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.1    6 years ago
do we just accept it

No, I didn't say that. Concern for this problem is laudable, but if your focus is only on Trump, then you won't solve the problem. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.11  lennylynx  replied to  livefreeordie @1.2.6    6 years ago

The current president, and his ideology, are against the values of all decent human beings.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.12  lennylynx  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.9    6 years ago

Wart hogs did not deserve to be compared to Trump like that.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.2.13  livefreeordie  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.8    6 years ago

Wrong.

the founders not only opposed centralized power in Washington, they feared the power the Federal could take over the states

the founders opposed taxing income which they viewed as tyranny

Many of the founders said that our nation would fall without morality and religion

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.10    6 years ago
Concern for this problem is laudable, but if your focus is only on Trump, then you won't solve the problem. 

The more Trump and, people in his administration talk the more it reveals who they really are inside and, it seems as of today that many Republicans are starting to see through his phony clothing, they can see that the Emperor has no clothes.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @1.2.13    6 years ago
Wrong. the founders not only opposed centralized power in Washington, they feared the power the Federal could take over the states

Only in the form of a tyrannical leader, such as a president who thinks he knows more than his generals or, advisers and, is a narcissist and, a megalomaniac.

the founders opposed taxing income which they viewed as tyranny Many of the founders said that our nation would fall without morality and religion

Once again you are mixing things up. You have stated that the DEMOCRATS don't want our Constitutional Republic to stand and, then you start spouting about religion when the fact remains in effect that according to our CONSTITUTION which has nothing to do with your religion plainly states that there will be a separation between the church and, the state. As far as morality is concerned, what makes you think that one religion is more moral than another and, what makes you think that someone who is not religious is also not a moral person, seems to me there are a lot of supposedly religious people over the past decades that claimed Christianity who have been proven to be immoral in their lives, many of them men of the cloth.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Dignity went out the window with the arrival of the Clintons. The behavior of the Democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings was very undignified and lacked any trace of decency. I really can't really find fault with Trump, being he's non political and a New Yorker gives him a style of expressing himself that some find offensive.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    6 years ago
being he's non political and a New Yorker gives him a style of expressing himself that some find offensive.

Perrie's a New Yorker and she's not a pathological liar. I don't think you can blame Trump's mountainous pile of shortcomings on geography.  It's very silly. You think only New York can have narcissistic braggarts and blowhards?  rofl.

No, where he comes from does not excuse trump. Actually, nothing does.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    6 years ago
I really can't really find fault with Trump, being he's non political and a New Yorker gives him a style of expressing himself that some find offensive.

Many NY'ers find him offensive. How do you explain that...LOL

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.4  Greg Jones  replied to    6 years ago

And leaving classified emails hanging our in the open for the Russians to hack was not very dignified of HRC.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3.5  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.4    6 years ago
And leaving classified emails hanging our in the open for the Russians to hack was not very dignified of HRC.

Do you have any proof of successful hacking by Putin's associates 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.6  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    6 years ago
Dignity went out the window with the arrival of the Clintons. The behavior of the Democrats during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings was very undignified and lacked any trace of decency

Good example. This isn't just a Trump issue. There is plenty of indefensible behavior to go around in Washington.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.7  JBB  replied to  Kavika @1.3.2    6 years ago

Trump was not just given the nickname, "The Original Short Fingered Vulgarian", by the citizens of NY for nothing. He earned it. Trump could not get himself elected Dog Catcher of New York City. Besides, there is hardly a family in New York State that Trump has not shafted at one time or another. Trump may be popular down in Biloxi or out in Fargo but he is universalky hated by those who know him most no matter his any "NY Style". You can take a boy out of Vulgaria but you cannot take the Vulgarian out of a Trump. That whole family gives lazy brokeass trash a bad name. What did poor no good lousy trash ever do to deserve any comparisons with The King of Vulgaria?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
You beat me to it even though getting blow jobs from interns is very dignified or at least that is what democrats have said.

The last I heard getting a blowjob from an intern who was willing and, of the age of consent wasn't illegal, however, making a deal with a foreign power to get help in getting elected to office was illegal and, accepting money from a foreign power for favors from our government was against the law as well. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    6 years ago
Should the president conduct himself with dignity?

Absolutely.   The PotUS is the figurehead for our nation both domestically and internationally.   The optics are of critical importance with long-lasting effects.   In the past children would admire the PotUS and were told by adults that maybe one day you might be President.

The office, unfortunately, has degraded considerably since it was held by George H. W. Bush.    Apparently putting a person of good character, morality, experience and dignity is no longer important.   The last election, where we had the frustratingly poor choice of either Trump or Clinton has set the bar so low I shudder to think of what will follow.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @3    6 years ago

Bush simply lied to people politely and many didn’t realize the wool was being pulled over their eyes because he was polite. 

“Read my lips no new taxes.”

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago

To lie, Bush would have had to believe that he was going to raise taxes.   Do you think he was purposely speaking a falsehood?   Do you not accept the likelihood that political conditions effectively forced him to break a campaign promise later in his term?   Seems to me Bush had every intention to not raise taxes during the campaign.   His record of service suggests he was a man of character - not one who would likely cavalierly lie to the American people.

I do not fault presidents for being human beings and making mistakes - especially when it comes to seeing the future.   Every PoTUS that I have experienced in my lifetime has made mistakes.    The question here is not infallibility but rather character.

Thus, are you arguing that George H.W. Bush was a man of low moral character based on his biggest political failure with his campaign promise of 'read my lips ...'?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago
“Read my lips no new taxes.”

I think he should not have made such an absolute promise. That way led to Grover Norquist and total inflexibility on the Right. On the other hand, I don't think it was fair that he was treated like this nefarious betrayer of the American people. Situations change and smart leaders adapt.

I remember Bush the Younger wanted to be a compassionate conservative, and he wanted to end the nation-building he thought America had been engaged in. In other words, he wanted to focus a little more on America and a little less on the whole world (sounds familiar).

And then 9/11 happened and suddenly America was extending its reach all over the world in the name of national security. Because of exigent circumstances, the presidencies that both Bushes envisioned was very different from the ones they ended up with.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago
Bush simply lied to people politely and many didn’t realize the wool was being pulled over their eyes because he was polite.  “Read my lips no new taxes.”

That's better than a president who says, "I did not conspire with Russia to win the election." when all the evidence points toward the fact that he did.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago

In his defense, he said no new taxes. He simply raised the ones we were already paying

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.3    6 years ago
"I did not conspire with Russia to win the election." when all the evidence points toward the fact that he did.
There is no evidence, or you would reproduce it here. You need to accept the fact that Hillary was a crappy candidate and campaigner.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.5    6 years ago
There is no evidence, or you would reproduce it here.

Ok, here ya go,

During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the
rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as
to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election. With respect to
both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen
coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings
and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. (PSR ¶ 51). In particular, and
as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with
and at the direction of Individual-1. (by the way individual one is Donald Trump) (PSR ¶¶ 41, 45). As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither
woman spoke to the press prior to the election. (PSR ¶ 51).

And, this is only what the State of New York has on Trump, thanks to Cohen.

You need to accept the fact that Hillary was a crappy candidate and campaigner.

I've never said anything different but, she is light years ahead of Trump in ethics and, intelligence.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.6    6 years ago

It amounts to nothing. Trump used his own money to pay off a whore prior to the election. This was not a crime. It was not campaign funds, and.......

it had NOTHING to do with "conspiring with the Russians to win the election"

Ethics and Hillary cannot be used in the same sentence, unless to say she lacked them.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.1.8  livefreeordie  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.6    6 years ago

This has proven to be the biggest political farce in US history. It had only one goal; subvert the electoral process and restore Democrats to power

Comey appearance before House 2018

“Mr. Gowdy. Some of our friends in the media use the word "collusion" from time to time. What is the crime of collusion? Mr. Comey. What is the crime of collusion? I do not know. I've never heard the term "collusion" used in the way it's been used in our world over the last couple years before that. I don't know of a crime that involves collusion. I think in terms of conspiracy or aiding and abetting.

Mr. Gowdy.   With counterintelligence investigations, is there always a criminal component or sometimes a criminal component?

Mr. Comey. Counterintelligence investigations involve an effort to understand the plans and intentions and activities of a foreign adversary. Sometimes that leads to the use of criminal tools to disrupt. Sometimes it involves other tools to disrupt. So criminal is an element of counterintelligence investigations always because it's a potential tool to disrupt.”

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.9  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @3.1.8    6 years ago

Your biased source is laughable, 

This is a relatively current list of Mueller's convictions and indictments,

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.7    6 years ago
It amounts to nothing. Trump used his own money to pay off a whore prior to the election. This was not a crime. It was not campaign funds, and.......

It doesn't matter if he used his own money or, someone else's money, it was used to silence two women who would have told the public that they had an affair with Trump, near the end of the election and, that would have effect the election so, it is considered a campaign finance violation and, since it was a conspiracy it is a felony and, as such makes it an impeachable offense. The question is, will Congress do anything about it once Mueller's investigation is concluded.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.1.11  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @3.1.9    6 years ago

Not laughable at all.

No American has been indicted for conspiring with Russia.

manafort and Gates are for crimes having nothing to do with Trump or the 2016 election.

papadopolous got 14 days for getting the date wrong in a CIA frameup meeting and is appealing

Flynn has been found innocent of wrongdoing with Russia and was pressured to admit to lying to the FBI (even though proven to have no intention of lying

Comey appearance re Flynn lying

Pages 105-109 NO EVIDENCE Flynn was trying or had any intent to deceive the FBI agents who interviewed him

“Mr. Comey. Correct. All I was doing was answering your question, which I understood to be your question, about whether I had previously testified that he -- the agents did not believe he was lying. I was trying to clarify. I think that reporting that you've seen is the product of a garble. What I recall telling the House Intelligence Committee is that the agents observed none of the common indicia of lying -- physical manifestations, changes in tone, changes in pace -- that would indicate the person I'm interviewing knows they're telling me stuff that ain't true. They didn't see that here. It was a natural conversation, answered fully their questions, didn't avoid. That notwithstanding, they concluded he was lying.”

“Recent reporting raised questions about the circumstances surrounding Michael Flynn’s guilty plea for making “false statements.”

Apparently, Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who conducted Flynn’s January 2017 interview, believed Flynn had been truthful. Reportedly, the FBI decided to take no action. On March 2, then-FBI director James Comey confirmed this to the House Intelligence Committee.”

As a former FBI agent, I believe the answers lie in an examination of the FBI’s disciplinary system under Mueller. In fact, this obscure Mueller process may well hold the key to understanding why Flynn’s guilty plea may be less a reflection of Flynn’s level of candor than a product of Mueller’s aggressive tactics — particularly, the tactic of using disingenuous allegations of lying to decide judicial matters.”

13 Russians who will never face trial were laughingly indicted for posting fake news on social media.  A FARCE 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @3.1.8    6 years ago
This has proven to be the biggest political farce in US history. It had only one goal; subvert the electoral process and restore Democrats to power

Comey appearance before House 2018

“Mr. Gowdy. Some of our friends in the media use the word "collusion" from time to time. What is the crime of collusion? Mr. Comey. What is the crime of collusion? I do not know. I've never heard the term "collusion" used in the way it's been used in our world over the last couple years before that. I don't know of a crime that involves collusion. I think in terms of conspiracy or aiding and abetting.

Mr. Gowdy.   With counterintelligence investigations, is there always a criminal component or sometimes a criminal component?

Mr. Comey. Counterintelligence investigations involve an effort to understand the plans and intentions and activities of a foreign adversary. Sometimes that leads to the use of criminal tools to disrupt. Sometimes it involves other tools to disrupt. So criminal is an element of counterintelligence investigations always because it's a potential tool to disrupt.”

I don't mind the American Conservative, even if it does lean heavily to the Right but, they are making the same strawman that every other conservative has been making since Trump came out with his tweets about collusion, it isn't about collusion, it is about conspiracy. If you will notice when I talk about the Trump Campaign and, Russia or, Trump and, Cohen together I say conspiracy, not collusion because, that is the crime.

During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the
rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as
to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election. With respect to
both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen
coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings
and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. (PSR ¶ 51). In particular, and
as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with
and at the direction of Individual-1. (PSR ¶¶ 41, 45). As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither
woman spoke to the press prior to the election. (PSR ¶ 51).

The part that is enlarged and, is blue is called a conspiracy.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.13  A. Macarthur  replied to  livefreeordie @3.1.11    6 years ago
No American has been indicted for conspiring with Russia.

Nearly five months after the special counsel officially began his work, Mueller filed his first charge, accusing the foreign policy advisor to Trump's campaign of lying to the FBI. According to Mueller, Papadopolous told an Australian diplomat in 2016 that Russia had "dirt" on Hillary Clinton months before the Democratic candidate's internal campaign emails started leaking online.

As part of his plea deal with Mueller, Papadopoulos  admitted  that he discussed his Russia contacts with top campaign officials, including a possible   meeting  between candidate Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. The White House sought to distance itself from Papadopoulos before he was eventually   sentenced  to 14 days in prison. Papadopoulos's indictment and plea deal was kept under seal until Oct. 30, 2017. Read the full indictment   here .

With the Manafort   indictment , Mueller ensnared one of the Trump campaign’s top aides and exposed a web of allegedly illicit business dealings between the former campaign chairman and pro-Russian Ukrainian officials that stretched back years. Mueller also indicted Rick Gates, Manafort’s longtime business partner. Manafort was eventually   convicted  on eight counts of tax and bank fraud, and later pleaded guilty to committing a conspiracy against the United States and a conspiracy to obstruct justice.

As part of his plea deal, Manafort agreed to   cooperate  with Mueller. But the special counsel eventually ripped up the agreement, accusing Manafort of lying repeatedly to investigators and requesting that the court move quickly to sentence the longtime GOP lobbyist. Read the full indictment   here .

Mueller searches for the Trump-Kremlin connection.

Flynn's guilty plea signaled that the special counsel was looking into communications at the highest levels of the Trump transition team and the Kremlin.

Flynn, who   served  a brief 24 days as Trump's national security adviser,   admitted  that he lied to federal investigators about conversations he had with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the transition about sanctions President Obama had just imposed on Russia for its interference in the 2016 elections and entered a plea deal with Mueller. After Flynn's guilty plea, the retired military officer met 19 times with investigators, offering "substantial assistance," according to a Mueller court filing. The special counsel recommended   little to no jail time  for Flynn. Read the full indictment   here .

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1.13    6 years ago

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point.

It boggles the mind that people still think Papadapoulos or Flynn illegally conspired with Russia. It's worse than the birther stuff ever was.  Claiming they conspired with Russia after the indictments were published is like claiming the Hawaii birth certificate proves Obama was born in Kenya. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.1.15  livefreeordie  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1.13    6 years ago

[deleted]  Comey testified last week that they believed Flynn had no intent to lie and was forthright with all his answers.  I’ve read the indictment and it’s farcical. I’d rather see Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Yates, Strozek and others indicted for trampling on the liberties of Americans

furthermore he had every obligation to talk to Russia during the transition as has been the case with preceding administrations including Obama’s 

Flynn is an American hero that has been railroaded by Mueller.  I look forward to the day when an official apology is issued to him

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.16  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.4    6 years ago
he said no new taxes. He simply raised the ones we were already paying

That's tricky........I like it!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.17  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.10    6 years ago
It doesn't matter if he used his own money

Actually it does. A candidate can spend as much of his own money as he wants on his own campaign. There's no limit. How he spends it doesn't matter either. Trump actually spent several million dollars of his own money on the campaign. He's allowed to do that.

it was used to silence two women

That's not a crime. People engage in legal exchanges for non-disclosure every day. It's perfectly legal.

that would have effect the election

Yes, that's right. But that's also not a crime. Everything a candidate does or says is with the intent of having an effect on the election. It's not against the law to do a legal thing that has an effect on an election, particularly when you're one of the candidates.

it is considered a campaign finance violation

Nope. It can't be. It's his money. Some like to compare this to the John Edwards situation, but he took over a million dollars in donations from other people (and he was still acquitted!). Trump spent his own money. That's never going to be a crime.

since it was a conspiracy it is a felony

A conspiracy is an agreement between two people to commit a crime (not just something you find distasteful) coupled with a substantial step in furtherance of that objective. Paying off your mistress is not a crime.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.18  lennylynx  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago

But it turned out that raising taxes became necessary, so President Bush raised them because it was the right thing to do, knowing full well that he would pay a heavy political price for it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.19  A. Macarthur  replied to  livefreeordie @3.1.15    6 years ago

You have absolutely no idea of what you contend! As a member of the transition team, Flynn and all the others were private citizens and as such, could not legally negotiate quid pro who nor any “government” business! Trump was not yet inaugurated and there is only one POTUS administration at any one point in time!

I realize I’m pissing in the wind trying to get you Trumpians to deal with reality ... but some of the things you believe with conviction are completely false! 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.20  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.7    6 years ago
It amounts to nothing. Trump used his own money to pay off a whore prior to the election.

No, Trump paid off a porn star and, a Playboy model with campaign funds, he never paid that money back and, the payoff happened two months or, less before the election with the sole purpose of effecting the election in Trumps favor, this is part of the testimony given by Cohen and, is evident in the tapes he provided to corroborate his story.

This was not a crime. It was not campaign funds, and.......

It is a felony to conspire to alter the outcome of an election which is what Cohen, Trump and, Pecker did.

it had NOTHING to do with "conspiring with the Russians to win the election"

Trump paying off Daniels and, McDougall no but, there is still the Trump tower meeting the Wikileaks information provided by Corsi and, Stone and, the Moscow tower deal.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.21  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @3.1.15    6 years ago
Flynn is an American hero that has been railroaded by Mueller.

Not according to Judge Sullivan.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.17    6 years ago
A conspiracy is an agreement between two people to commit a crime (not just something you find distasteful) coupled with a substantial step in furtherance of that objective. Paying off your mistress is not a crime.

Paying off your mistress to keep her mouth shut and, to hide the story of your affair to win an election is a crime, according the FEC and, it was committed by Trump, Cohen and, Pecker.

Nope. It can't be. It's his money. Some like to compare this to the John Edwards situation, but he took over a million dollars in donations from other people (and he wasstillacquitted!). Trump spent his own money. That's never going to be a crime.

I love it when people present this situation, Edwards wasn't charged or, convicted for campaign violations as a felony because, the payoff happened well before the election and, it could be proven that it wasn't to hide the affair from the public but, keep his wife from finding out about it. In Trumps case that can't be said, there are tapes that prove that it was to effect the election and, since the payoff was to effect the election, it was considered a campaign contribution, that made it illegal and, a felony. 

cms5
Freshman Quiet
3.2  cms5  replied to  TᵢG @3    6 years ago
The office, unfortunately, has degraded considerably since it was held by George H. W. Bush.    Apparently putting a person of good character, morality, experience and dignity is no longer important.   The last election, where we had the frustratingly poor choice of either Trump or Clinton has set the bar so low I shudder to think of what will follow.

Absolutely! Voters no longer get to choose from candidates dedicated to serving this Nation and ALL of the People. Instead, we must choose from highly partisan, power seeking politicians. Trump wasn't a politician - which many obviously found appealing. Add to that a decline in true unbiased journalism. We are left with MSM that prefers biased opines and entertainment. Yellow journalism.

There are many bars that have been lowered in this Nation.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

It certainly should be, but that's not something that's mattered to people for decades.  There used to be an unspoken  agreement to keep this stuff out of the public eye to protect the office. Kennedy could have naked white house swimming parties with girls, sometimes underage ones. Johnson embodied vulgarity and corruption it never became common knowledge. Thus "shock" when Nixon was heard on his tapes swearing like a sailor. 

But by the 90s it became clear that Americans don't really care if the President perjures himself, or harasses women while in office.  Both parties nominated inveterate money grubbing liars in 2016. That's the new standard and it doesn't look like we are moving away from it any time soon. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago

Nothing compares to the way Trump has debased and degraded the office.

People who claim so and so was or would have been just as bad are lying to either themselves or everyone else.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    6 years ago

Nothing compares to the way Trump has debased and degraded the office

You obviously aren't familiar with JFK. Trump lies, more than most. But I don't think Trump's pressured a teenage girl to use drugs or service his friend while he watched in the White House swimming pool. Or have sex with Prostitutes in the White House. Or Communist Spies. Or Mob molls. Nor does he have secretaries named Fiddle and Faddle whose "job" consists of  swimming  naked with him in the White House swimming pool.  One can only imagine what would happen if Trump attempted to do anything like Clinton, let alone Kennedy did, routinely.

Trump just doesn't have the press to deify him like Kennedy did. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.1    6 years ago

Trump not only lies many times every day, TO THE PUBLIC, he

insults everyone who disagrees with him

calls his own aides and cabinet members names,

is an ignoramus who probably couldn't pass a fifth grade US history or civics test.

shoves leaders of other countries out of his way at international meetings

disparages US allies

fantasizes nonsense like suggesting a wall be built across northern Africa to keep "migrants" from reaching the Mediterranean

cheats on his taxes

asks US enemies to spy on his political opponents

etc etc

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    6 years ago

You sure didn't have much to say in that comment sir.

Perhaps you should quit posting for the day.

Gentle hint.

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.4  lib50  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.1    6 years ago
Trump just doesn't have the press to deify him like Kennedy did. 

Times are different, the press would go after Kennedy today just like every other president.  And Trump proudly grabs pussies, how the hell do you what else he's done?  He  has probably done everything you listed as well.  Trump has debased the office to such a low that nothing compares.  Why is Trump such a wuss?  After all of the crap he personally put Obama through, Trump deserves all of his karma, sooner rather than later.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  lib50 @4.1.4    6 years ago
He  has probably done everything you listed as well.  Trump has debased the office to such a low that nothing compare

So your argument is: Kennedy did a lot of bad things, but Trump said something dumb and probably did the things Kennedy actually did, therefore Trump is the worst. 

Okay.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.2  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago
That's the new standard and it doesn't look like we are moving away from it any time soon. 

And it always will be if supporters refuse to hold their leaders accountable.  The problem is not Donald Trump.  The problem is his base and his supporters.  They embrace vulgarity and celebrate acts against the American election system.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  PJ @4.2    6 years ago
he problem is his base and his supporters

Sure. But not the people who supported the President who perjured  himself and harassed women, including while in the White House.  A President lying under oath and those who cheered him for it sure didn't debase the White House!  Your hands are as pure as the driven snow!

The Clintons turned our political system into the Jerry Springer show. Don't blame Republicans for following the precedent Democrats embraced.  Democrats argued that character doesn't matter in the 1990's. You got your wish.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.1    6 years ago
Don't blame Republicans for following the precedent Democrats embraced. 

So.......they are using the, "But mommy, that kid did it too!!!" argument? Jesus, here I thought most republicans were adults and were supposed to be leaders....Oh well. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.2.3  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.1    6 years ago

Sean - You do realize that Clinton was impeached, correct?  

AND - you know that I have never supported Clinton.  I've always  criticized him....ALWAYS. 

My principals cannot be purchased and your attempt to put me in the same hemisphere as a trump supporter falls flat.  You're damn right I'm the better person on this issue.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  PJ @4.2.3    6 years ago
ou do realize that Clinton was impeached, correct?

Yes, and kept in office by Democrats who believed a President can commit perjury.

I've always  criticized him....ALWAYS. 

If you supported the impeachment and removal from office of Clinton for perjury, than you have every right to demand Trump be removed for the same. But we aren't there yet. Mueller hasn't made that case.

But it's a joke for those who supported Clinton and opposed his impeachment and removal to turn around and claim Trump should be impeached based on has been made public.  

Precedents matter. And Democrats lowered the bar in the 1990s. You can't expect the other side to play by different rules than the Clintons do. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.2.5  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.4    6 years ago

Sorry Sean but I don't think a blow job and treason are in the same category.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @4.2.5    6 years ago

We are beginning to see a new stage of Trump defense by his followers, which I will call "floundering".

Trump's behavior for the past 3 1/2 years is completely indefensible.  Now, the wheels are starting to come off the trump train , and with no logical based ability to defend him, all his fans can do is flounder and lash out.

None of it is going to matter. The majority of Americans have decided he is unfit to be president of the United States and we are now witnessing the long (hopefully not too long) expiration of the Trump presidency. The next two years (if it all lasts that long) are going to be both scary(for the country) and hilarious (seeing the blowhard Trump get his just comeuppance).

Fasten your seatbelts.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  PJ @4.2.5    6 years ago
n but I don't think a blow job and treason are in the same category

Here's the thing. You don't get to make up imaginary crimes  and then accuse Trump of them. If that's the game, then Clinton was impeached because he, not John Wayne Gacy, killed all those kids. 

Doesn't it bother you that you have to make up crimes to charge Trump with to justify your hatred? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.2.8  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.7    6 years ago

Why?  I think I have a tremendously fabulous imagination.  I'm pretty confident that I've even made you smile a time or two, though I doubt grumpy Sean will admit it.  

Trump colluded with Russia.  He encouraged them to attack US citizens for emails that could have contained confidential US information.  He encouraged them in collaboration with Julia Assange to release information they had stolen to try and manipulate the US Election.  He knew about the Trump tower meeting, he knew about Michael Flynn contacting the Russian's to discuss Sanctions, he knew about Jared Kushner trying to negotiate using a Russian secure line to do back door deals.

You can continue to deny it but I'm quite clear that Mr. Trump has committed acts against this country.  Maybe they didn't rise to the level of treason but his actions are still a betrayal to this country.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.4    6 years ago

Clinton was censured and lost his law license. I don't think he ever got his license back.

That's quite a punishment for a blow job....and just for you.....lying about it

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  PJ @4.2.8    6 years ago
'm pretty confident that I've even made you smile a time or two, though I doubt grumpy Sean will admit it.  

Of course  I would, you are one of the funnier posters on this site. Low bar that it is. 

t I'm quite clear that Mr. Trump has committed acts against this country

I think Mr. Mueller will disagree with you.

His "crime" appears to have been not filling out the proper form while trying to keep his sexual escapades quiet.  Clinton perjured himself, Trump, depending on your interpretaton of the law,  got tripped up by the bureaucracy. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.9    6 years ago
That's quite a punishment for a blow job....and just for you.....lying about it

Sure and Trump is being punished for having sex too. (Not sure about the blow job aspect). 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.11    6 years ago

How is he being punished?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.10    6 years ago
'His "crime" appears to have been not filling out the proper form while trying to keep his sexual escapades quiet.' 

Which form would that be?  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

So is getting tripped up in the bureaucracy what they're calling perjuring yourself nowadays?  Or campaign finance violations?

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.2.14  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.10    6 years ago
Of course  I would, you are one of the funnier posters on this site.

Thanks Sean!  jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Low bar that it is. 

Thanks Sean (deadpan) jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

t I'm quite clear that Mr. Trump  has committed acts against this country

I think Mr. Mueller will disagree with you.

His "crime" appears to have been not filling out the proper form while trying to keep his sexual escapades quiet.  Clinton perjured himself, Trump, depending on your interpretaton of the law,  got tripped up by the bureaucracy. 

Wrong - he's a criminal.... C.R.I.M....I.N.....A.L .  jrSmiley_14_smiley_image.gif

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

Well, Trump tweeted today about the findings on Friday saying, "There was no smocking gun", by the way I didn't misspell it, that is what the tweet said so, what is a "smocking gun"?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5    6 years ago
Well, Trump tweeted today about the findings on Friday saying, "There was no smocking gun", by the way I didn't misspell it, that is what the tweet said so, what is a "smocking gun"?

Sme rlley smt pelpe cn raed this lnie just fine.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.1  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    6 years ago

I'm really smart!  hehehehehehe

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @5.1.1    6 years ago

See? it isn't even hard!

That's why the grammar Nazis and spelling Nazis make me question their comprehension of things.

"Smoking gun"--common phrase. Do you think anyone seriously wouldn't understand "smocking gun" assuming they live in America and have heard the phrase before?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.3  lennylynx  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    6 years ago

You're supposed to double space after a period!  jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.4  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    6 years ago

Sorry Tex.  I'm not giving Trump credit for knowing what he's talking about.   He never knows what he's talking about.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @5.1.3    6 years ago

LL.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @5.1.4    6 years ago
Sorry Tex. I'm not giving Trump credit for knowing what he's talking about. He never knows what he's talking about.

How reasonable.

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.7  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    6 years ago

jrSmiley_20_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @5.1.7    6 years ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    6 years ago
"Smoking gun"--common phrase. Do you think anyone seriously wouldn't understand "smocking gun" assuming they live in America and have heard the phrase before?

That is pathetic.

Are you truly that desperate to defend Donald Trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.9    6 years ago
That is pathetic.

Do you mean it is pathetic that someone would not know what he meant, even if it was misspelled?

We can agree on that.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.11  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.9    6 years ago
That is pathetic. Are you truly that desperate to defend Donald Trump?

No what is really pathetic is that you all on the left bring trivial shit like that up all the time. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.11    6 years ago

The fact that the president* repeatedly sends out his official messages to the American people (his twitter posts) with simple words misspelled is not trivial. It is proof there is something wrong with this man.

It only seems trivial to you because he does so many things that are worse.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.13  1stwarrior  replied to  lennylynx @5.1.3    6 years ago

Try again lenny -

If you’re writing for a class or a publication, you should always check the style guidelines (if any) provided by your professor or editor. Failing that, y ou can feel confident in defaulting to a single space between sentences. While there are some circumstances where it is proper to use two spaces after a sentence, it is rarely actually incorrect to use just one.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.14  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @5.1.4    6 years ago

I think Trump can't spell because it has been DECADES since he has read anything that is not connected to contracts, business, or himself. He has an extremely limited vocabulary, which is obvious every time he has to speak off script. If he likes you, you are "tremendous", and if he doesn't like you you are a "loser" or "low IQ". His descriptions about people or events don't go much farther than that. 

People who read can spell because they see a wide variety of words in print. I don't think that applies to trump.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.9    6 years ago

And he misspelled it twice in the same tweet.....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Donald Trump is 72 years old, and appears to not know how to spell the word "smoking".

Does that sound even remotely normal to you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago
Donald Trump is 72 years old, and appears to not know how to spell the word "smoking".
Does that sound even remotely normal to you?

While I wish that Trump was a better speller, he simply isn't. No big deal. Einstein wasn't a good speller either, but that didn't seem to hamper his career. Just saying that almost every single person in America would know what he meant.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago

The president of the United States needs to be an educated person who is familiar with the English language.

I would agree that it is not his biggest problem or issue, how could it be with his mountain of faults ? , but it is not a trivial thing either.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago
The president of the United States needs to be an educated person who is familiar with the English language.
I would agree that it is not his biggest problem or issue, how could it be with his mountain of faults ? , but it is not a trivial thing either.

I consider the purpose of language is to communicate.

If you understood what he meant, then he succeeded at what he wanted to convey. He communicated effectively.

If you don't know what he meant, I am rather shocked.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    6 years ago

Maybe he can write it in crayon next time. According to you it will be okay because everyone will be able to understand what he is saying.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
6.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    6 years ago
Maybe he can write it in crayon next time.

You joke but I can see trump doing that .. maybe to like make a point that only he can.

I actually joked myself about sending trump a pack of these just a couple of days ago.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    6 years ago
Maybe he can write it in crayon next time. According to you it will be okay because everyone will be able to understand what he is saying.

Looks like the comedy circuit is safe from competition.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.1.4    6 years ago

The biggest myth going is that Trump is a great communicator. He is actually horrible at it.  He can't write, he can't speak properly, and his "thoughts" are usually a jumble.

He has a sort of caveman appeal as a speaker, where he grunts and blurts out simple phrases, but I don't consider that good communication.  If he didnt have a CULT following, his communication style would be laughed at.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.5    6 years ago

These days I only laugh when people try to defend Trump.

Sophomore Guide
6.1.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    6 years ago

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago
The president of the United States needs to be an educated person

He has an Ivy League degree.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @6.1.9    6 years ago
He has an Ivy League degree.  

Must have come out of a Cracker Jack box.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @6.1.9    6 years ago

https://www.alternet.org/comments/news-amp-politics/former-wharton-professor-trump-was-dumbest-gddam-student-i-ever-had

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    6 years ago

I feel more sorry for someone who claims not to know what he was trying to say than I do someone with poor spelling.

Poor spelling isn't deliberate, but obtuseness is.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1.13  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.10    6 years ago
Must have come out of a Cracker Jack box.

If they're so easy to come by, where is yours?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1.14  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.11    6 years ago

A liberal attacking their version of Satan on DailyKos with an unsubstantiated, unverifiable quote from a dead professor, chosen because they are unlikely to come back to life to dispute it.

Do you understand why liberals have a credibility problem?  No?    

Sophomore Guide
6.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago
Donald Trump is 72 years old, and appears to not know how to spell the word "smoking". Does that sound even remotely normal to you?

John by now you should know Nothing about this man trump is quite normal.

what's kinda funny is it still seems to shock you our president is what he is. 

abnormal 

Might as well accept it cause,  I doubt it changes. As you said "Donald Trump is 72 years old." 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2    6 years ago

Nothing shocks me. I am merely tired of Trumpsters bending over backwards to defend this fool, and making themselves look foolish in the process.

Half the comments made on this forum are not only pointless, they border on....... , well I guess I am not allowed to say.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    6 years ago
Half the comments made on this forum are not only pointless, they border on....... , well I guess I am not allowed to say.

No matter what you say it isn't going to change the content of this or any chatroom much. People will see and believe what they chose. 

The people defending trump think they are doing good, trump thinks he is doing good, you and about half of America disagree. 

And I seriously doubt trump spelling Smocking gun verse smoking gun is going to change any trump supporters mind of him one little bit considering all the crap this man has displayed to date for all to see and judge him by. 

Its annoying I agree and shows he has some serious flaws as a person with as much responsibility as he currently has but as far as being surprised or seeing anything new here I think this is just one more little idocities of this president, which we see on a daily bases.

Split Personality
Professor Guide

Sophomore Guide
6.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    6 years ago
I am merely tired of Trumpsters bending over backwards to defend this fool, and making themselves look foolish in the process.

Some kinda do the reverse. 

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Sophomore Guide
6.2.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Split Personality @6.2.3    6 years ago

LOL

Out of one of my favorite scenes !!  

Priceless, Thanks

Sophomore Guide
7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

Should The Office Of The President Of The United States Be A Position Of Dignity?

LOL Why is this question even a question ?

Of Course our leader should be dignified. However as we see it is evidently NOT a requirement.