╌>

Border Agents Give Media An Education About The Border

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  5 years ago  •  23 comments

Border Agents Give Media An Education About The Border
President Donald Trump held a surprise news conference on Thursday with members of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) who addressed the media about the realities that Border Patrol agents face every day on the southern border.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump held a surprise news conference on Thursday with members of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) who addressed the media about the realities that Border Patrol agents face every day on the southern border.

Trump started by congratulating Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on becoming Speaker of the House before transitioning into talking about the border and turning the mic over to NBPC President Brandon Judd.

"I’ve been a Border Patrol agent for 21 years," Judd said. "I can personally tell you, from the work that I have done on the southwest border, that physical barriers, that walls actually work. You hear a lot of talk that there are experts that say that walls don’t work. I promise you that if you interview Border Patrol agents, they will tell you that walls work."

"We need those physical barriers, and we appreciate President Trump and all of his efforts in getting us those physical barriers," Judd added. "There’s also a lot of talk on this shutdown, that federal employees do not agree with the shutdown. I will tell you that’s not true."

"We are all affected by this shutdown," NBPC Vice President Art Del Cueto said. 'We have skin in the game. However, it comes down to border security. And we are extremely grateful to President Trump, and we fully support what he is doing to take care of our nation’s borders, to take care of the future of this United States."

"It has nothing to do with political parties," Del Cueto continued. "You all got to ask yourself this question: If I come to your home, do you want me to knock on the front door, or do you want me to climb through that window?"

"I just want to talk about some of those criminals that Border Patrol agents apprehend on a daily basis," NBPC Vice President Hector Garza said. "We’re talking about murderers, rapists, people that commit very serious crimes in this country."

"ICE has been doing an amazing job in deporting a lot of these people back to their countries," Garza continued. "Unfortunately, once we deport these people, these people will not stay in their country. These criminal aliens that have been released from jail, that have been deported, will come right back into the United States. However, if we had a physical barrier, if we had a wall, we would be able to stop that."

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1080955683908902912

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1080960051857154048

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    5 years ago

Wonder just what impact the words of the actual Border Patrol actually will mean to some?

Probably nothing, but these words/comments are from the folks actually working the border.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

I doubt the open borders folks care what they have to say.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
We are supposed to listen to the experts that all go out the window when it comes to illegal immigration.

Border patrol agents are not immigration experts, they like police officers, see one side time and again, not the bigger picture.

If you spend 8 - 10 hours per day, only working with the illegal or worst examples of people, pretty soon that is all you see no matter who you are dealing with.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    5 years ago
Border patrol agents are not immigration experts

They're not? Then who would be?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.4  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    5 years ago

You have absolutely no idea of the amount of training the BP folks go through.  It ain't just guns and ties.  They have to attend many, many law and policy classes on immigration and, yes, they do concentrate on the ILLEGAL ALIENS - and not just the "worst examples of people".

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.4    5 years ago

They have to attend many, many law and policy classes on immigration and, yes, they do concentrate on the ILLEGAL ALIENS - and not just the "worst examples of people".

So in your opinion a police officer is an expert on Constitution law?  After all, police officers are trained on more that just guns and ties, and they have classes on the Constitution in how it relates to law enforcement.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.6  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.5    5 years ago

Luv how you truly don't understand responses so you make up your own.

NO - that is not what I said nor implied nor intended to mean nor how i expected folks to understand.

Police officers have "BASIC" informational courses on the Constitution.  BP agents have extensive courses.

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  GregTx    5 years ago
"It has nothing to do with political parties," Del Cueto continued. "You all got to ask yourself this question: If I come to your home, do you want me to knock on the front door, or do you want me to climb through that window?"
Well said.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  GregTx @2    5 years ago

You beat me to it GregTx  .. still good to see you though : )

Until there is compromise nothing will be resolved … individuals will continue to "climb through that window" and there will be those that see nothing wrong with it .. I sincerely wonder what happened after 2006 that cause all the political 'evolving' to take place???

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1    5 years ago

Good afternoon Colour Me Free. Good to see you as well, been awhile.😊

Unfortunately compromise seems to have been replaced with brinkmanship.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  GregTx @2.1.1    5 years ago

Compromise certainly has become a 'naughty' word among politicians these day - even among 'We the People' … how dare one even suggest that both sides 'could be' at fault for not working together... ?  The extremes on both sides are running the asylum known as Congress - tossing blame around and denying that 'they' play a part in the 'extreme' dysfunction.....

Hope your Christmas was sweet … and your New Year is spectacular .. : )

Peace....

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3  seeder  1stwarrior    5 years ago

To me, sadly, the folks over on the Northern/Eastern part of the U.S. will never understand the difficulties nor what a clusterfutch it is for one party to penalize all of the Western/SW populations.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

Lefties = Don't listen to the "White Guys" at the podium !

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

Interesting that you would say that ME.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-patrol-union-president-blasts-morning-joe-for-saying-hispanic-members-of-his-group-are-white?fbclid=IwAR2k_-vhuF325Mhkm6eV0Huam423QFpbUPaII-4NP2YUfSw4Gu322c8iO0g

" MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Friday  mocked Trump for meeting with bald, white men to defend Trump's proposed border wall.

Branding expert Donnie Deutsch, a former CNBC host, said the staging was a ploy meant to show he sides with white men.

"You have four stoic, strong white men of a certain age, not smiling, by the way. Look, this is all Donald has left. This wall is not a wall. It is a 'let's keep America white again,'" Deutsch said.

But Judd (president of the group) said four of the eight people who stood behind Trump were Latino and work for the Border Patrol labor union, the patrol's largest organization of personnel. "

Yup - no bias from the media, eh?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1    5 years ago

Everything is about "Color" when it comes to "Liberals".

Thank GOD Liberals are all about "Diversity....or we'd be in BIG TROUBLE. (Rolling eyes face)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

Trump should go with reverse psychology and pretend he doesn't want the wall. Then, Democrats will be screaming about how terrible it is that he doesn't listen to Border Patrol agents and they'll demand he build the biggest, longest wall in the world ASAP.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

: )

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6  seeder  1stwarrior    5 years ago

On October 26, 2006, U.S. President George W. Bush signed the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (Pub.L. 109–367) into law stating, "This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform."

The bill was introduced on September 13, 2006 by Congressman Peter T. King, Republican of New York. In the House of Representatives, the Fence Act passed 283–138 on September 14, 2006. On September 29, 2006, the Fence Act passed in the Senate 80–19.

The Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was passed by a Republican Congress and signed by President George W. Bush, authorized about 700 miles of fencing along certain stretches of land between the border of the United States and Mexico.

The act also authorized the use of more vehicle barriers, checkpoints and lighting to curb illegal immigration, and the use of advanced technology such as satellites and unmanned aerial vehicles.

At the time the act was being considered, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer were all members of the Senate. (Schumer of New York is now the Senate minority leader.)

Obama, Clinton, Schumer and 23 other Democratic senators voted in favor of the act when it passed in the Senate by a vote of 80 to 19.

Originally, the act called on the Department of Homeland Security to install at least two layers of reinforced fencing along some stretches of the border. That was amended later, however, through the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2008, which got rid of the double-layer requirement.

Currently, 702 miles of fencing separates the United States from Mexico, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

So, what changed?????

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  1stwarrior @6    5 years ago
So, what changed?????

I have asked the same question, as to what caused the political 'evolving' … now I believe I have found the answer .. the wall of 2006 was not the same as what Trump is asking for... interesting huh?

Mulvaney said that Obama, Schumer and Clinton voted for a border wall in 2006.

They did vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized building a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the United States and Mexico.

Still, the fence they voted for is not as substantial as the wall Trump is proposing. Trump himself called the 2006 fence a "nothing wall."

Here is an interesting read .. turns out endangered squirrels might be the reason (D)'s have 'evolved' .. ?    : )

In 2006, Democrats were saying ‘build that fence!’

96WS6
Junior Quiet
7  96WS6    5 years ago
So, what changed?????

They learned they could bolster their constituent base at the expense of the American people.  The open borders folks are the same ones that don't want voter ID, go figure.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
7.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  96WS6 @7    5 years ago
They learned they could bolster their constituent base at the expense of the American people. 

That is something that I [strongly dislike] to think is true … yet, I have had to admit that it is …..  there was a movement to make Bozeman MT into a 'sanctuary city' .. it was squashed .. think it is time to fence Montana!