╌>

Thanks To The Shutdown, Americans Have Found Out They Don’t Need Part Of The Government

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Thanks To The Shutdown, Americans Have Found Out They Don’t Need Part Of The Government
America’s government shutdown isn’t a public relations win for the country, but to channel President Trump when he responded to Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calling him a racist: “Who cares?”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump has never cared about what may seem embarrassing; he has cared about long-term goals. An added bonus to the shutdown? A number of U.S. officials have told me that they have been able to work much more effectively without the drag of anti-Trump, life-long government apparatchiks.

Question 10 in the poll suggested a significant majority of Americans have not been affected by the shutdown, which has now dragged on for the better part of a month.

Take a second to think about that.

Government allegedly services the people, and the nation. But the people and the nation are scarcely impacted when much of the government hasn’t been at work for a month. What an amazing way to prove libertarians right. The U.S. government is drastically oversized.

Only 27 percent of those polled — with typically skewed methodology — told IPSOS and NPR that they had been affected by this shutdown.

I want to say this again, just so we’re clear.

The government has been shut down for a month and most people haven’t been affected.

Nevertheless, the statistics surrounding those impacted by the government shutdown go some way to explaining why the Democrats and their media allies are constantly pumping up the hysteria: the probably know very few people are actually affected.

Instead, they have to drum up scare stories, focus on the “embarrassment,” and of course, run occasional feel-good stories containing all sorts of #CheesecakeFacts.

CNN even maintains a “shutdown ticker” on its “news” channel, to remind you how long you haven’t been the beneficiary of all that lovely government work for.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

"If I were a furloughed worker today, I’d probably start looking for a new job. Because the Democrats in Congress are proving to America that many of you are not just non-essential in the short term.….you’re non-essential, period."

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

0.0026 of the population having to wait for all their lost pay for a few weeks (which they will get by the way),  isn't even a ding in a piece of flimsy drywall.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

Exactly.  Why do we need 'the part of government' that defers to the Russians, hates family planning, loves dirty air and water, is subservient to wealth, believes itself above the law and is irritated when its goof ups cuts into tee times?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago

Don't forget about the "cat food eating" and the "Cliff pushing of the wheelchair bound" ! (Facepalm Face)

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
4.2  tomwcraig  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago
is irritated when its goof ups cuts into tee times

Wasn't that Obama? Oh, wait, that was about his fund raisers and tee times!

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    5 years ago

Well, that was undoubtedly the dumbest OPINION I have read in a long time...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

Are you sure.....REALLY sure ? (Scratching head Face)

Seems I've seen a comment like that quite a few times on this site.

Does that mean you "Feel" all government is and should be...... omnipotent ?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

The only things I've heard that are dumber was about the President being a racist and colluding with Russia.