╌>

Take the What State Do You Live In quiz

Category:  Entertainment

By:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  89 comments

Take the What State Do You Live In quiz

About This Quiz

Are you a Texan or are you from Joisey? How about the state known for its potatoes or one where people can go to get lei'd? People live in different states for different reasons. Whether it's because you were born there, because you moved for work or love, or simply because you just liked the vibe of the state, you're there for a reason.

So, are you a city guy or gal who loves talking slang, a southern lover who admires and can't get enough of their family, a hardworking individual with great morals, values, appreciation for community, or are you a laidback soul who can't get enough of the beach and tropical scenery?

Our job now is to dissect some tiny details about your amazing life, put two and two together, and correctly guess which of the 50 states in the US of A you live in. We're definitely up to the difficult task, but the question is, do you think we can do it? We're betting we can! Take this quiz to prove us right or wrong!

Start Quiz 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

I got Texas....I live in Arkansas but grew up in PA. This quiz is so far off.....

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
4.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    5 years ago

I live in Arkansas the test picked Iowa

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.3  MonsterMash  replied to    5 years ago

I'm 17 miles south of Greenwood

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    5 years ago

I got Texas, too and I live northwestern part of Virginia

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.1  SteevieGee  replied to  charger 383 @5    5 years ago

I, too, got Texas.  Epic fail for the quiz.  I can live in California and still like square dancing.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1    5 years ago

I guess when you choose Cowboy Hats, Country Music and Square Dancing Texas will be a pretty sure thing.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
5.1.3  nightwalker  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.2    5 years ago

I chose none of those things and the test insists I'm from Texas. I'm just about as far away from Texas as you can get and I've never been there, although if someone that knew their way around Texas invited me I'd love to see it.

This test is trying to match personalities with what someone thinks are characteristics of the people who live in a given state, and you're not going to be able to do that with 30 small questions.

Oh well, all in good fun.

jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  nightwalker @5.1.3    5 years ago

LOL. Hawaii was the answer I got, and although I enjoyed a fantastic 2 pound steak at the Traildust Steakhouse in Dallas, bought a great pair of cowboy boots at Shepler's in Arlington, was there to see and hear Ann Richards who I thought was fantastic speak, and had the best brisket sandwich in my life at a tiny restaurant in Fort Worth, I'd rather not live in Texas.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  charger 383 @5    5 years ago

I got Iowa.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2    5 years ago

Well, there's always the "Field of Dreams".  I recall seeing a sign on Iowa's border that said "Welcome to Iowa, Bring something to do".

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.1    5 years ago

And I like corn on the cob.  So I guess there's that.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5.2.3  Enoch  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2    5 years ago

Dear Friend Sandy: I got Iowa too.

It is assumed so because Iowa is the only Sate in the Union where Yiddish is the official language.

Right?

Enoch, Swimming in the Spirit Lake

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Enoch @5.2.3    5 years ago

LOL!

I'm guessing that for me, it was because I chose baseball hats, and there is the whole Field of Dreams thing that Buzz mentioned.  But New York has the Baseball Hall of Fame, which I quite enjoyed visiting.

This mountain girl feels exposed when the terrain is flat for miles.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5.2.5  Enoch  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2.4    5 years ago

Dear Friend Sandy: We live close to Niagara Falls, Cooperstown (Hall of Fame), Corning Museum of Glass, Glenn Wright Museum of Aviation, and several Wendy's with drive thru's. 

Do let us know if and when you and yours are in the area.

You are most welcome to stay with us.

I have been know to give a good guided tour of the Flower City, and at least three of the Finger Lakes in one day.

I was in Iowa a few times.

The last in February on business in 2004.

Temps were 30 below  with another 20 degrees off for wind chill.

Prepared me for where I live now.

E.

P.S. Earned one of my MA degrees from Kansas U. at Lawrence. Most familiar with plains states flat lands.

When I get nostalgic for things with no high points, I look at my last bank statement.

Quite the walk down memory lane, that.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Enoch @5.2.5    5 years ago

Thank you, Enoch.  When I was in high school,  maybe college, my family took a road trip to your area.  My dad is a huge baseball fan, so of course we went to Cooperstown.  We also saw Niagra Falls.  It's a beautiful area.  You can keep the cold and snow, though.

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.2.7  TTGA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2.4    5 years ago
This mountain girl feels exposed when the terrain is flat for miles.

Wrong State Sandy (the flat ones are Kansas and Nebraska), or maybe the wrong part of the State.  Southern Iowa, the part I've been in,  is mostly hills and small farms and, strangely enough, a coal mine. 

My wife's uncle, who worked in the mine, was the exception to the Black Lung thing.  He was one of the very few people in the State (and in the entire US) who got to see three centuries.  He was born in 1899 and died in 2001.  Might have been genetic, though.  My mother in law died at age 96 and her sister at 102.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5.2.8  Enoch  replied to  TTGA @5.2.7    5 years ago

Good genes.

Got any to spare?

E.

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.2.9  TTGA  replied to  Enoch @5.2.8    5 years ago

Super good genes.  Problem is that my wife was adopted and didn't get any of them.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  TTGA @5.2.7    5 years ago

Having never been there, I'm going by pictures, so maybe they're pictures of the wrong part of the state.  But I'm from WV and live in the mountains in Virginia now, so to me, it takes a pretty big hill to avoid looking flat.

I had no idea that Iowa had enough coal to mine.  Sounds like your in-laws enjoyed good, long lives.

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.2.11  TTGA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2.10    5 years ago
But I'm from WV and live in the mountains in Virginia now

Passed down through there when the kids were younger and camped at a brand new state park just North of Charleston.  Absolutely beautiful.

I had no idea that Iowa had enough coal to mine.

Neither had I until I found out that he had worked in it.  Doesn't seem to be a likely place.

Sounds like your in-laws enjoyed good, long lives.

Especially her uncle.  He was quite a guy.  When he was 95 he taught my son to use an axe to split firewood.  His sister thought that he was going to give himself a heart attack.  He outlived her by several years.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  Sunshine  replied to  TTGA @5.2.11    5 years ago

Hey TT, how are you?  Staying warm in your neck of the woods? It is -2 for me today. jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5.2.13  Enoch  replied to  TTGA @5.2.9    5 years ago

Catch 22

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     5 years ago

I live  in the ''state of mind''....A great place, nothing can match it.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @6    5 years ago
I live  in the ''state of mind''.

Who's mind? Yours or Reds? (grin)

Enoch
Masters Quiet
6.3  Enoch  replied to  Kavika @6    5 years ago

Scans of my mind revealed loose change, dust mites, and Jay's Diner Roast Beef on Kimmelwick remnants.

E. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7  Freefaller    5 years ago

I got Iowa, which is a pretty close and impressive guess by the quiz since I don't actually live in the US.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    5 years ago

Lol i got Texas as well, Michigander born and raised.

Wonder what little amalgamation of answers gets you Michigan .... if any ....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9  Split Personality    5 years ago

New jersey??

Live in Texas, lol......

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @9    5 years ago

FFS I got New Jersey to and I live in northern Michigan. BBQ, cold weather and wool cap even.

epistte
Junior Guide
9.3  epistte  replied to  Split Personality @9    5 years ago
New jersey??

Live in Texas, lol......

According to that quiz I'm supposed to live in Joisey. Sorry,........nope.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11  lady in black    5 years ago

I got Texas but live in New York.....stupid quiz

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
11.1  nightwalker  replied to  lady in black @11    5 years ago

You didn't really expect them to pinpoint you to your state that easily did you? If they did you might worry nights about what gave you away so easily.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
12  Nowhere Man    5 years ago

They guessed Texas.....

BUT: born in Connceticut, Lived in Vermont, Now live in Washington....

Ender
Professor Principal
13  Ender    5 years ago

Got Hawaii.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
13.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Ender @13    5 years ago
Got Hawaii.

Me, also.

I was fortunate to live on Oahu for almost 3 years when my (ex) husband was stationed at Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
14  Raven Wing    5 years ago

They guessed Hawaii...... but, I live in California, born here as well. I guess I'm too laid back even for So Cal. (grin)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @14    5 years ago

That's so funny, they guessed Hawaii for me too and I live in Cali as well.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
15  1stwarrior    5 years ago

Texas - born in Cali, traveled the world, lived mostly in Florida and NM, and, was a military brat and had a DoD career.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
15.1  pat wilson  replied to  1stwarrior @15    5 years ago

I thought you were living in NM. Which do you like better NM or Texas ?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
15.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  pat wilson @15.1    5 years ago

Live in NM - quiz sez I am from YX - luv NM way better jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JumpingJackFlash
Freshman Silent
16  JumpingJackFlash    5 years ago

I quit by question six. Not enough options, the sports question, no option for none. Footwear, no option for sandals.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
17  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
nailed it... barefoot, surfing, blues lovers always live in texas?

YOU GOT:  Texas
You are bold and brash with a personality as big as the outdoors. You happily speak your mind even if it makes others unhappy. When it comes to the things you value in life, you're conservative. You respect tradition, order, and simplicity. Only a place as huge as the lone star state can hold you.

a fun quiz
cheers :)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
18  It Is ME    5 years ago

I'm a Texan ! jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif EVIL ! jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

luther28
Sophomore Silent
19  luther28    5 years ago

They were just a tad off:)

Texas was their stab, a wee bit to the Northeast one will find me in CT via MA. Must have been the Blues that veered them off course.