╌>

And now for a real hate crime

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  5 years ago  •  10 comments

And now for a real hate crime
Today, an Alameda County Superior Court Judge issued a warrant for the arrest of the suspect in the matter involving a February 19 assault on Sproul Plaza. Zachary Greenberg was arrested by the University of California Police Department (UCPD) on the warrant and booked into jail at 1 p.m.

One week after an investigation was reopened and plenty of news coverage from a certain news organization an arrest has finally been made:

According to UC Berkeley Public Affairs:

"Today, an Alameda County Superior Court Judge issued a warrant for the arrest of the suspect in the matter involving a February 19 assault on Sproul Plaza. Zachary Greenberg was arrested by the University of California Police Department (UCPD) on the warrant and booked into jail at 1 p.m. UCPD will formally present the case to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office for consideration of the filing of criminal charges. Once the matter is presented and reviewed by the District Attorney’s Office, additional information will be made available regarding a charging decision."

Greenberg, you see is one of the thugs (NOT A STUDENT AT BERKELEY) who assaulted a Conservative campus recruiter (for Turning Point USA) last month. Greenberg looked like he was carrying a students backpack, but you see, he wasn't a student. He was what we call an "activist". He really had no reason being on campus. Then again this is UC Berkeley, the home of intolerance.

The incident was captured on what can be assumed as cell phone video. Just think, it only took a month and lots of coverage from Fox News to get this thug in custody! Greenberg was charged under California Penal Code 245(A)(4) F, which is classified under assault and battery and carries a penalty of prison time of between 1 - 4 years and/or a fine of $10,000.

Charlie Kirk, the founder & president of "Turning Point USA" issued the following statement:

“Today, we have finally learned the identity of the attacker and that the violent man has been arrested. While every America should be afforded their due process, we believe that the video evidence in this case is incontrovertible. We hope 28-year-old Zachary Greenberg is prosecuted to the full extent of the law for assault with a deadly weapon, which should be considered an act of hate. Hopefully, this dark chapter will act as a wake up call to those concerned about actual politically motivated hate crimes in America. Berkeley and all college campuses across American should be safe havens for free thought and opinions - especially for a targeted conservative minority"

If we use Eric Holder's old formula for hate crimes, this incident can not be one because the victim was white. It will be interesting to see what the verdict & punishment will be.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Amen

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"He really had no reason being on campus."

Odd Thought here jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif :

Paid to do the deed ?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

It might not be such an odd thought. I read somewhere that he's a member of Antifa, but I think it was only speculation.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    5 years ago

Just a weird thing that a Non-Berkley Student just happens to show up to try and beat the snot out of a Conservative !

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

"Greenberg looked like he was carrying a students backpack, but you see, he wasn't a student. He was what we call an "activist". He really had no reason being on campus. Then again this is UC Berkeley, the home of intolerance"

Who is claiming this? Is this from an article or your own personal opinion?

First, I'm not defending the sweater tug of war that leads to a sucker punch seen in the video, but to make such an erroneous statement as the one above is simply ridiculous. There is zero evidence this guy was an "activist" as the one video link that works points out, that is a space frequently passed through by thousands of non-students daily. They have zero evidence to claim he "had no reason being on campus". And lastly, the blanket generalization about "Berkeley, the home of intolerance" is pure bullshit rhetoric straight from the warped assholes behind the Charlottesville tiki torch march. The only thing Berkeley doesn't tolerate is intolerance. And as the working video points out, the school and the city condemn violence regardless of which side uses it so they will prosecute this idiot for the punch he threw.

Trying to paint all supposed "leftists" with this weird, tug of war face punch that looked far tamer than most run of the mill high school fist fights truly shows how desperate for validation conservatives are for their constant cries of victimization.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    5 years ago
Who is claiming this?

It's my opinion.

You can try and counter my argument but simply claiming that UC Berkeley is somehow tolerant, after all the recent problems they have had with allowing Conservative speech, would seem to me to be the least defensible opinion.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    5 years ago
Trying to paint all supposed "leftists" with this weird, tug of war face punch that looked far tamer than most run of the mill high school fist fights truly shows how desperate for validation conservatives are for their constant cries of victimization.

There are far too many of them. BTW, it's not a fight if only one guy is doing all the punching and although it almost got ignored, there will be a trial.

Dosen't that just gall ya?