╌>

Our government does nothing while lives are destroyed

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  ghostlybear  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

Our government does nothing while lives are destroyed

There is absolutely no accountability in the Federal Government.

A Veterans Affairs-contracted doctor destroyed my life with opioids and at a minimum should lost his license.

The VA did nothing.

A nurse put in over one page of whatever she wanted to in medical records and was given a full-time

position even after they took disciplinary action. A VA psychologist was on probation for throwing medical

records in the Walmart trash can and VA has him in charge of records. It's been complaint after complaint,

investigation after investigation. VA does nothing.

President Trump promised us VA accountability.

We have an all-time high in veteran suicides because of years in delay of benefits. A veteran killed himself at

the Mishawaka VA over the summer. I asked to talk with the director of the VA and was told they don't have

a open door policy.

This is also the same with Social Security. I asked the lady that did my denial what gainful employment job

can I do, because I get migraines. She said there was none, we just put that down so we can deny your

claim. The postal service sent emails to get rid of their disabled employees and not one person was

terminated.

Years pass with real consequences from people losing their homes, committing suicide or destroying their

credit. Peoples' lives are destroyed with no one held accountable . The only people the government goes

after are whistle blowers, veterans and the disabled

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

ghostlybear
Freshman Silent
1  author  ghostlybear    5 years ago

We are so worried about other countries and can't even take care of our own citizens. I saw the housing on the border.People in tents cot and a food. I'm sure Americas homeless could of used it. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  ghostlybear @1    5 years ago

Welcome to another group of invisible people.  We have sent our kids out to defend corporate interests around the world, yet there isn't any money to take care of the broken lives that come back because those same corporations just had to have their taxes cut. 

Sad thing is...... it is only going to get worse going into the future.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Veterans health care problems?  I am Vietnam veteran and the VA has been alright for me--however my use of it is minimal.

The real crux is this.  Conservative GOPER thought has been in control of all government programs for most of the past three decades.  These guys do not favor government anything for anybody except the wealthy, wealthier, corporate and armament folk.

My fellow veterans, get in line like everyone else.  Billionaires need tax cuts.

The Trump's budgets?  As good as his word.

ghostlybear
Freshman Silent
3  author  ghostlybear    5 years ago

Yes minimal is key . This article been picked up by some of the papers. Alot of changes are coming to mental health