Police Arrest Stamford Man Enraged By Bad Haircut

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  30 comments

Alan Becker
$50 haircut causes Stamford man to go irate, get arrested
Bad haircut leads to tantrum, arrest for Stamford man

STAMFORD A 47-year old Stamford man flew into a rage and began yelling and throwing things around a local salon because he did not like his haircut, according to police. The man became even more upset when he discovered the haircut was going to cost him $50.

Police said Alan Becker, 47, of Stamford, went to the Loft Salon on Long Ridge Road Wednesday morning for a haircut, but became upset over the quality of the cut he received.

"He was just very irate about his haircut," said Stamford Police Sgt. Kelly Connelly. "He did not like the way that it was cut."

When Becker found out the haircut would cost him $50, he became even more "outraged," Connelly said.

Connelly said that Becker began yelling at the staff and customers, kicked a hole in a wall and threw several items around the salon.

Becker then left the salon and returned a short time later demanding that they "fix" his haircut, Connelly said. The owner refused and called the police instead.

Becker was charged with third-degree criminal mischief and breach of peace and released on a promise to appear in court.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-stamford-bad-haircut-arrest-0221-20150220-story.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

$50.00 for a haircut???

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

I cut my own hair. If I don't like the job that I did, I let it grow out...Smile.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Welllll... He was only doing what I've felt like doing before.

There was a commercial on the radio for a local hair salon, and it began with a woman sobbing uncontrollably on air. Then, her husband came on and said, "Oh, honey, it will grow out!" Louder sobbing. "But I think it looks good on you!" Even louder sobbing... Then, they went to the commercial part-- but it was really cute!

We've all had bad haircuts. To be charged $50 for a bad haircut does seem like highway robbery, though.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

I get bad haircuts all the time here, but I only need 2 or 3 a year, and they only cost me the equivalent of about $2 so I don't complain.

Nona62
Professor Silent

but I only need 2 or 3 a year Lucky you!!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

Jose' Eber couldn't come up with ahair styleto make that man look less like a doofus. Instead of throwing a fit at the salon, he should really throw a fit with his parents.

Nona62
Professor Silent

To be charged $50 for a bad haircut does seem like highway robbery, though. I agree!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

OMG!! You're hysterical!! 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

LoneRanger01
Freshman Silent
link   LoneRanger01    9 years ago

$50.00 for a hair cut, ....we are talking about cutting the hair on his head right????

Kavika
Professor Principal

He should quit complaining. This is a bad hair day.

funny+looking+people+4.jpg

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

My last bad haircut was a Larry cut, (of Moe, Larry, and Shemp style). It was so bad, I got free haircuts for a year! EGAD, what a nightmare!

2309_discussions.jpg

Nona62
Professor Silent

Oh No Dowser...what did you do until it grew out?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Well, she cut the top down to 2", so I curled it, and sprayed liquid cement-type hairspray on it. The rest was long and curly, and I let it be. I had the next girl blend me in a little, but she was forbidden to touch the top.

The original stylist had just completed 4 buzz cuts in a row, and I think she had gotten into a "mode"-- then I came along with my longer hair. OH MY! I was so mad!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I think that good tipping is the key... If you find someone you like that can do your hair-- Stick with them and tip them well!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Being a female, I can only imagine how upset you were...I think I would have just sat there and cried my eyes out........and , then my temper would kick in....WATCH OUT!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I cried. Of course. Impotent anger is the worst feeling ever! Grin.gif

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

Hey buddy,Rollie Fingerscalled. He wants that back when you're done with it.

Kavika
Professor Principal

OMG, and I thought I was having a bad hair day.

bad-hair-day-animals-hamster.jpg

Nona62
Professor Silent

Kav....a VERY bad hair day!

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

I have had the same hair dresses for about 30 years, and I have NEVER been disappointed...(I tip her well..maybe that's why) lol

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

It looks like a misplaced moustache! Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

Grin.gif Grin.gif I think so....

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol....It sure does!!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    9 years ago

I only have hair on the sides and I'm bald on top. I started going bald when I was 17 and by time I was 19 I was as bald as I am now. I have only found two barbers who could give me a good haircut.

No one gives me a discount. I should at least get 1/3 off since they have 1/3 less to cut? But, no. One barber told me he doesn't charge for the haircut, he charges me to sit in the cool chair. I pay $10 now because I'm over 65.

I'd rather go to the dentist than the barber. The chair is more comfy.

Hmmm..........a salon cut for $50. The person who cut his hair was a "cosmetologist", more than likely. If a man wants a hair cut, go to a barber because they know how to cut hair. Cosmetologists don't know how to cut men's hair. They just don't.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I only have hair on the sides and I'm bald on top That's how hubby's hair line is also.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    9 years ago

Hats. I have lots of hats.

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol...So does hubby...