╌>

The Game, Snoop Dogg, T.I. want Fox’s Laura Ingraham fired for segment deriding Nipsey Hussle

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  42 comments

The Game, Snoop Dogg, T.I. want Fox’s Laura Ingraham fired for segment deriding Nipsey Hussle

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Entertainment

14dd14e0-e117-11e7-b6d1-a7dc752b14ee_Log   Ben Kaye, Consequence of Sound   1 hour 47 minutes ago  

e3d000db92f416d46415a8525173f9cf Nipsey Hussle and Fox News' Laura Ingraham Laughing segment Game Snoop Dogg TI fire

Never ones to pass up an opportunity to stoke furor for the sake of stoking furor, Fox News has once again drawn the ire of the hip-hop community. This time, frequent incendiary Laura Ingraham decided the death of rapper and community activist   Nipsey Hussle   was funny, and now a number of prominent people are calling for her to be fired.

On Saturday, the Fox host used a segment of her   The Ingraham Angle   to disparage the late MC less than 24 hours after   the memorial procession . With an offensively unsubtle air of disrespect, she talked of the “thousands” who lined the streets to say goodbye to Nipsey. Keeping the sardonic tone, she said, “Now, this dear artist recently released a song called “FDT” — eff Donald Trump.”

Two things: One, that track’s from 2016. It was a protest song released while the Donald was still just threatening to become the most unqualified president in history, not actually being it. Second, it’s not Nipsey Hussle’s song, it’s   YG ’s. In fact, the clip Ingraham proceeded to play on the show didn’t feature Nipsey at all, either on vocals or on screen.

The segment rolled on with more misinformation and actual laughter from both Ingraham and contributor Raymond Arroyo about a rising entrepreneur, loving father, and a vital member of the South Los Angeles community. The outrage was almost immediate, with   The Game   leading the charge in a call for Fox to fire Ingraham.

Sharing a clip of Ingraham’s remarks, The Game wrote, “@foxnews fires this disrespectful cunt by tomorrow, Monday morning or you will lose millions of viewers one person at a time until it drastically effects your ratings, views etc… if our demographic doesn’t effect that we will STOP support of ALL SPONSORS immediately.” He added,

“This is not a game & my brothers untimely demise has noticeably shifted the world & brought people from all ethnicity’s together in mourning. There is a power in that, that will be used & action will be taken from now going forward. We will not be accepting any apology from her… we want her fired, PERIOD !!!!!  #TheMarathonContinues   8be2beed55b1548e967ef785fad4e732

This iframe is not allowed

As of Monday, Ingraham still has a show and has yet to acknowledge the backlash against her, but others have shared their voices.   Snoop Dogg   commented on The Game’s initial post with a simple, “I’m in.”   T.I.   shared the video on his own Instagram, calling Ingraham and Arroyo “vile despicable, poor excuses for people.” He continued, “Neither of you WILL EVER know or experience the level of love, appreciation and respect that Nip has… EVEN IN DEATH!!! So let that sizzle in ya lil hateful, demonic spirits.”

R&B singer   Tank   linked to   a petition   calling for Ingraham to be fired; as of this writing, over 36,000 people have signed on. “Disrespecting the deceased is not news!” he wrote. “It’s just disrespect!”

This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed

Ingraham has gained a reputation for saying really stupid, offensive things about minorities and tragic situations. She called LeBron James “ignorant” for expressing his opinions on Trump and told him to   “shut up and dribble.”   She said detention centers holding immigrant children were   “essentially summer camps.”   Her   taunting   of Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg actually led to some repercussions when the young man retaliated by getting a number of sponsors to   cut ties   with her show. We’ll see if her vitriol against a beloved artist and community leader brings her any more shame.

Nipsey Hussle was shot and   killed   on March 31st, reportedly while   getting clothes   from his own Marathon store to give a friend who’d recently   gotten out of jail . (The man was also shot and is currently   facing charges of parole violation   for being with Nip that day.) A man named Eric Holder   has been charged   with the crime and   pled not guilty   after retaining for O.J. Simpson prosecutor Christopher Darden. Former president Barack Obama, Kendrick Lamar, JAY-Z, and others   spoke Thursday at Nipsey’s memorial service   at Los Angeles’ Staples Center. A day later, the LA city council unanimously voted to   rename the intersection   of Crenshaw and West Slauson Avenue, feet from where Nipsey was murdered, Ermias “Nipsey Hussle” Asghedom Square.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Ignorant, nasty, rotten bitch.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

I can think of a lot of democrat ho's who fit that description.

I thought it was funny.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago
I thought it was funny.

I'm sure you did. There is a long history in America of those who ridicule and laugh at minorities in an effort to inflate their own self importance. Laura certainly won't be the last as long as there is a market for bigoted bullies who can only punch down.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago

So the death of this man is funny?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    5 years ago

Actually, had any of you seen the show, would know that Ms Ingraham took issue with Nipsy dipsy's anti-Trump song.  I think we are all equal to be criticized for our actions. Nobody is sacred because of their race.

Don't hold your breath waiting for her to be fired.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.4  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    5 years ago
Actually, had any of you seen the show, would know that Ms Ingraham took issue with Nipsy dipsy's anti-Trump song. 

What happened to reporting the news fairly, respectfully, and without bias?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.1.4    5 years ago

Laura Ingraham is a talk show host, not a newscaster.

She is just like Rachel Maddow.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.6  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    5 years ago
Laura Ingraham is a talk show host, not a newscaster. She is just like Rachel Maddow.

Is that supposed to excuse her biased and disrespectful behavior?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.1.6    5 years ago
Is that supposed to excuse her biased and disrespectful behavior?

No.

Any reason you would think it would?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    5 years ago

That's a lie Vic.  Why do you promote a lie?

'On Saturday, the Fox host used a segment of her   The Ingraham Angle   to disparage the late MC less than 24 hours after   the memorial procession . With an offensively unsubtle air of disrespect, she talked of the “thousands” who lined the streets to say goodbye to Nipsey. Keeping the sardonic tone, she said, “Now, this dear artist recently released a song called “FDT” — eff Donald Trump.”

Two things: One, that track’s from 2016. It was a protest song released while the Donald was still just threatening to become the most unqualified president in history, not actually being it. Second, it’s not Nipsey Hussle’s song, it’s  YG ’s. In fact, the clip Ingraham proceeded to play on the show didn’t feature Nipsey at all,'either on vocals or on screen.'

Race has nothing to do with it.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @1.1.4    5 years ago
What happened to reporting the news fairly, respectfully, and without bias?

Don't know, you'll have to ask Jeff Zucker or Jeff Bezos

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    5 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.8    5 years ago
That's a lie Vic.

Actually, it's the truth. From your own post:

"Keeping the sardonic tone, she said, “Now, this dear artist recently released a song called “FDT” — eff Donald Trump.”

THAT WAS HER ISSUE! Whether or not the song was from 2016 or it was actually fuckin YG's.  In her mind that was the issue.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    5 years ago
'it’s not Nipsey Hussle’s song, it’s YG’s. In fact, the clip Ingraham proceeded to play on the show didn’t feature Nipsey at all,'either on vocals or on screen.'

Stop lying.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    5 years ago

'Laura Ingraham is a talk show host, not a newscaster.'

I don't recall anyone saying the bigoted bitch Ingraham was anything other than a lying shrew harpy for Fux 'news'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.12    5 years ago

It is what Ingraham believed. You can't seem to get that concept through your head.
No worries, the truth stings a bit, but it's not fatal

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    5 years ago

What truth?

Stop lying Vic.  Move along now, move along.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.15    5 years ago

Sorry, It's that little thing called "Freedom of Speech"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.10    5 years ago

Something in my post I can explain for you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    5 years ago
[delete]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.17    5 years ago

deleted for context, by Charger383

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.20  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    5 years ago
Don't know, you'll have to ask Jeff Zucker or Jeff Bezos

Are you suggesting that those people or media outlets that do not agree with Fox News are biased? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @1.1.20    5 years ago

I am not suggesting - I'm saying that the vast majority of the main stream media is biased. And you say they are not?   We have you on record then.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.21    5 years ago

BTW, what happened to all those reliable sources that said Trump colluded?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Never ones to pass up an opportunity to stoke furor for the sake of stoking furor, Fox News has once again drawn the ire of the hip-hop community. This time, frequent incendiary Laura Ingraham decided the death of rapper and community activist   Nipsey Hussle   was funny, and now a number of prominent people are calling for her to be fired.

On Saturday, the Fox host used a segment of her   The Ingraham Angle   to disparage the late MC less than 24 hours after   the memorial procession . With an offensively unsubtle air of disrespect, she talked of the “thousands” who lined the streets to say goodbye to Nipsey. Keeping the sardonic tone, she said, “Now, this dear artist recently released a song called “FDT” — eff Donald Trump.”

Two things: One, that track’s from 2016. It was a protest song released while the Donald was still just threatening to become the most unqualified president in history, not actually being it. Second, it’s not Nipsey Hussle’s song, it’s   YG ’s. In fact, the clip Ingraham proceeded to play on the show didn’t feature Nipsey at all, either on vocals or on screen.

The segment rolled on with more misinformation and actual laughter from both Ingraham and contributor Raymond Arroyo about a rising entrepreneur, loving father, and a vital member of the South Los Angeles community. The outrage was almost immediate, with   The Game   leading the charge in a call for Fox to fire Ingraham.

Sharing a clip of Ingraham’s remarks, The Game wrote, “@foxnews fires this disrespectful cunt by tomorrow, Monday morning or you will lose millions of viewers one person at a time until it drastically effects your ratings, views etc… if our demographic doesn’t effect that we will STOP support of ALL SPONSORS immediately.” He added,

“This is not a game & my brothers untimely demise has noticeably shifted the world & brought people from all ethnicity’s together in mourning. There is a power in that, that will be used & action will be taken from now going forward. We will not be accepting any apology from her… we want her fired, PERIOD  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

I doubt Fox will be losing millions of viewers. Fox viewers and Nipsy dipsy fans don't exactly share the same news sources. I'm not sure the dipsy fans watch news, do they?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    5 years ago

Yep, here again is the old tried and sometimes true Democrat way...trying to silence anyone they don't agree with. Attempt to censor them or get them fired. Laura was simply telling the truth, some disagree. Tough!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago
Attempt to censor them or get them fired.

We should always fire everyone who doesn't agree with liberals.  Then we can get on to firing liberals who aren't liberal enough. 

Only then can we have purity......

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1    5 years ago

We should always fire everyone who doesn't agree with liberals.  Then we can get on to firing liberals who aren't liberal enough. 

Only then can we have purity

One of the interesting things about the French Revolution is seeing that play out with a guillotine involved.

Yesterday's left wing heroes became today's sacrifice to Madame Guillotine. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago

Who is trying to silence this cunt?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.2.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago

Telling the truth about what?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    5 years ago

Don't worry about Ingraham.  The FOX bots need their 'fantasy flower girl.'  Besides, her leg shots are better than Hannity's and Carlson's combined.

Nipsey was black and had tattoos.  The old FOX farts need something to...………….whatever it is they do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @6    5 years ago

This bitch reminds me of Man Coulter in many ways.  Has a mannish voice, has a mannish face, probably got a dick and balls too.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    5 years ago

The kind of stupid comment we have come to except.

She is a single parent of three children: a girl from Guatemala whom she adopted in 2008; a boy from Russia whom she adopted at 13 months in 2009; and another boy she adopted in 2011.