╌>

KING: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President, but they hated an uppity Negro golfing President 

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  71 comments

KING: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President, but they hated an uppity Negro golfing President 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

|   NEW YORK DAILY NEWS   |

APR 17, 2017   |   12:49 

4BXT6CZHYNU7APTLIETQBLPQMA.jpg

Throughout the Obama administration, any time President Obama golfed, some famous conservative pundit chimed in. (Steven Senne/AP)

No President in American history has ever golfed more per week than Donald Trump. In his first 12 weeks in office Trump   took a staggering 18 golf course trips . That's unheard of. In his first 12 weeks in office,   President Obama didn't visit a single golf course . By the end of this year, it's likely that Trump will have golfed more than President Obama has in his entire presidency.

And that's strange. It's really strange. Because Donald Trump and other conservative pundits seemed to be deeply bothered by the times President Obama went out and golfed. It appeared to genuinely offend them. They obsessed over it.

Throughout the campaign, Trump frequently   riffed on how much Obama golfed   and pledged, "I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." The crowd ate it up.

Throughout the Obama administration, any time President Obama golfed, some famous conservative pundit chimed in. It was a reliable punchline that consistently got a rise out of their base.

In 2013 Sean Hannity tweeted , "Glad our arrogant Pres. is enjoying his taxpayer funded golf outing after announcing the US should take military action against Syria."

Just a few months earlier,   Newt Gingrich tweeted   (his misspellings not mine), "Trump and president obsma both golf but trump doesn't charge the taxpayers $920,000 for a golf weekend in florida."

Neither of those tweets have aged well. Now it is Trump enjoying his taxpayer-funded golf outings after announcing military actions all over the world, including Syria. Now it's Trump charging the taxpayers not $920,000 per golf outing in Florida, but reportedly much more .

Suddenly, the costs of golfing don't seem to offend Trump or Newt or Hannity anymore. And I sincerely, genuinely don't think the problem is political. It's racial.

More than ever, it's clear that conservatives never really had a problem with a golfing President, what they hated seeing was a black golfing President. I also think this was the subconscious message that Trump was pulling on throughout the campaign trail to his almost exclusively white audiences.

The racist caricature of the "uppity negro" has deep roots in this country. Uppity negroes have irritated white folk for over a hundred years. In its most simple form, the uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys anything other than working from sunup to sundown. Particularly, an uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys creature comforts in life that some whites may not yet be able to afford to enjoy — say a musical, a play, fine dining, or, you guessed it, a round of golf.

It's why referencing Obama golfing got such a rise out of white, working-class crowds. It was a coded way to say, "How dare that uppity negro golf and enjoy leisure time while we work hard to make this country what it truly is?" Of course, they could never use those words, but I truly believe that is what they wanted to say every single time they expressed disgust and disdain seeing Obama golf.

7CWDU2C534CXPSYW7JC2XMJJP4.jpg

Donald Trump drives himself around a golf course in Florida on March 6, 2016. (Luis M. Alvarez/AP)

And it's why those same conservatives are now silent. The problem wasn't that they hated seeing a President spend the money on golfing. The problem wasn't that they hated seeing a President spend precious time on the golf course. A golfing President never disgusted them. The problem was that few things irritate bigoted white men more than an uppity negro.

And if Obama was anything to the average white bigot, he was just that — the quintessential uppity negro, with his Harvard Law degree, and his beach trips to his home state of Hawaii. Over and over again, white conservatives obsessed over things like the exact costs of Obama's family vacations. Now though — with tons of money being spent to protect the entire Trump family as they gallivant all over the world, for business or pleasure, those same critics are now silent.

Imagine Michelle Obama demanded to live in a gold-plated penthouse in the middle of Manhattan, costs be damned, while President Obama lived in the White House alone. The outrage would be riot-level fierce. Now, conservatives no longer care.

Again, it was never about costs, or convenience, it was all about white rage at the gall of uppity negroes to do anything other than work their fingers to the bone.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Good Gawd - look at the big fat pig turd Rump in the golf cart.  I'm surprised it can handle that tonnage.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago
Throughout the campaign, Trump frequently  riffed on how much Obama golfed  and pledged, "I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." The crowd ate it up.
Throughout the Obama administration, any time President Obama golfed, some famous conservative pundit chimed in. It was a reliable punchline that consistently got a rise out of their base.
In 2013 Sean Hannity tweeted , "Glad our arrogant Pres. is enjoying his taxpayer funded golf outing after announcing the US should take military action against Syria."
Just a few months earlier,  Newt Gingrich tweeted  (his misspellings not mine), "Trump and president obsma both golf but trump doesn't charge the taxpayers $920,000 for a golf weekend in florida."
Neither of those tweets have aged well. Now it is Trump enjoying his taxpayer-funded golf outings after announcing military actions all over the world, including Syria. Now it's Trump charging the taxpayers not $920,000 per golf outing in Florida, but reportedly much more .
Suddenly, the costs of golfing don't seem to offend Trump or Newt or Hannity anymore. And I sincerely, genuinely don't think the problem is political. It's racial.
More than ever, it's clear that conservatives never really had a problem with a golfing President, what they hated seeing was a black golfing President. I also think this was the subconscious message that Trump was pulling on throughout the campaign trail to his almost exclusively white audiences.
The racist caricature of the "uppity negro" has deep roots in this country. Uppity negroes have irritated white folk for over a hundred years. In its most simple form, the uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys anything other than working from sunup to sundown. Particularly, an uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys creature comforts in life that some whites may not yet be able to afford to enjoy — say a musical, a play, fine dining, or, you guessed it, a round of golf.
It's why referencing Obama golfing got such a rise out of white, working-class crowds. It was a coded way to say, "How dare that uppity negro golf and enjoy leisure time while we work hard to make this country what it truly is?" Of course, they could never use those words, but I truly believe that is what they wanted to say every single time they expressed disgust and disdain seeing Obama golf.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    5 years ago

This seed is just a sweeping generalization.   A YUGE double sweeping generalization actually.

Worked in a little body shaming as well.  

Nice job!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3    5 years ago

Well report it then.  

He is a big fat pig piece of shit.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago

I rarely report stuff.  

That's other peoples job here .... right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    5 years ago

Move along sparty.  Move along.  

Truth is not body shaming.  He's a big fat turd.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    5 years ago
Truth is not body shaming.  He's a big fat turd.  

It's not so much that it's a fat body, it's that it's Trumps body. The one he said was the healthiest ever to be President, the one where we are asked to not believe our lyin' eyes. We can look at the photo comparison and anyone with more than half a functioning brain can tell who is healthier, but Trump, being the monumental narcissist he is, couldn't even let that truth stand. He had to attack the very foundation of truth around him, undermining facts and distorting reality like a schoolyard bully threatening anyone to challenge his new version of the truth where he wins at everything and anyone says any different they're going to get a punch in the nose (aka attacked on twitter, called petty names or sent threatening letters from Trumps attorneys). 

It's not so much Trumps body that is a big fat turd, it's his personality, mental state and intelligence level. The body just happens to reflect that greasy shit shine from inside.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    5 years ago
Truth is not body shaming.

Lol, then you clearly don't understand the concept of body shaming ..... even though i'm sure you do understand it.   The hypocrisy continues to just drip off your postings here

That said ..... i'll post what i want, when i want and how i want and you can't do a damn thing about it.  

Sound familiar?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.4    5 years ago

Okey dokey I'll see you on your metafied whine fest

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  JBB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.3    5 years ago

We all just lived through 8 years were the far righties on social media had an apoplectic fit every single time President Obama golfed or ever took a vacation. Hell, they practically declared a constitutional crisis when Obama wore a beige suit. Now, Trump and Co are spending our money on themselves much more lavishly than the Obamas would have ever dreamed of doing. So, their hypocrisy is kind of glaring.

Butt, that has nothing to do with race. /S 

Nearly every day we are treated to bullshit propaganda articles claiming Democrats are hypocritical for driving in cars or eating fried chicken. You know? Important stuff...

Now, The Trump Brand is enriching itself immeasurably with licencing deals and development projects and we are not supposed to even notice.

Putin was The World's First Trillionaire. So, no matter what, Trump can only ever hope to be... Number Two.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.1.6    5 years ago

Not even close to the same thing.   Sure, some on the far right pissed and moaned about it.   Most of us didn't.   In fact, i support POTUS's need to take breaks, no matter who it is.    I can only imagine the stress they go through and the stress does not discern between party politics.

That said, the dull roar against anything Trump has been a nonstop whine from a majority on the left since 2016   So this isn't even close.

By the way, remember when Bill and Hillary were broken when they got out of the Whitehouse?    Estimated net worth today?   About 50 Million.

From broke to 50 mil in 17 years.   Not bad work if you can get it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.7    5 years ago

Rump wasn't worth much until he became 'president'.  Now he and his gang of thugs administration are looting and pillaging and raping the treasury and lining their pockets as fast as they can.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.10  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

[Removed

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.10    5 years ago

I didn't mark you off topic JBB.

Beast of the East - keep that shit off my seeds.  

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    5 years ago

Trump has already out golfed Obama, Bush and every President in history, all to profit for himself and line his own pockets.

Every single news cycle print his trips to every golf course, which only stands as proof Trump lies. He said on the campaign trail he would be "working hard", "harder than any other President. But we all see it before our very eyes that he isn't working hard, he is out there golfing at his resorts and properties using the American people and the news cycle to get free advertising for his monetary enterprises.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    5 years ago

It is my belief he should play as much as humanly possible , at least if he is on the links the damage to our Country is minimalized.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1  bbl-1  replied to  luther28 @5    5 years ago

I understand your logic----------but----------I suspect there isn't any basis to your logic.  If you get my drift?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.1.1  luther28  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1    5 years ago

I have abandoned logic, since Nov. 2016 when it seemingly became extinct:). If you get my drift:)

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  luther28 @5.1.1    5 years ago

Yes.  'Drifting' is definitely in vogue now, isn't it?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6  livefreeordie    5 years ago

I don’t care how much golf ANY president plays and I said that about Obama.  Presidents are on duty 24/7 no matter where they are.   

Secondly with Obama I liked it because he wasn’t doing anything to destroy our Republic while he was golfing 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @6    5 years ago
with Obama I liked it because he wasn’t doing anything to destroy our Republic while he was golfing 

Well you were apparently the only conservative who felt that way, every other pundit on the right I heard across the spectrum were practically red in the face with faux indignation over President Obama daring to play golf while on the job. There were right wing media groups tracking every game coming out with a new "Gotcha!" hit piece every time Obama teed up. Of course those same groups today completely ignore Trumps constant golfing, they never really cared, it was all just partisan warfare which is why they brush off the obvious hypocrisy as nothing but a tool in their arsenal, the ends justifying the means.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1    5 years ago

It’s ALWAYS partisan from left and right. That should not be news.

hypocrites are found left and right when it comes to politics

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.2  bbl-1  replied to  livefreeordie @6    5 years ago

Except didn't Obama 'swing' from the left side?  Ungodly, don't you think?  I believe Marx did that too.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @6.2    5 years ago

Isn't Obama left handed?  

Mark of the devil pastor?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6.2.2  luther28  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.1    5 years ago

That made me chortle. I attended Catholic school ( before I reached the age of reason as one said ), in the 1st grade the nun tied my left arm to the chair in a failed attempt to subdue the evil appendage. Fortunately my thick Irish head won out over the insanity of the time.

All those Catholic school stories you have heard over the years are most likely true:)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

Maybe because Trump is a better golfer. 

Honestly, I think most presidents should play as much golf as possible.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
7.1  luther28  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago
I think most presidents should play as much golf as possible

And take Congress along, one way to minimize damage.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

The Serial Golf Cheat in the White House

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/59097b6d8b51cf59fc423c4d/1:1/w_96,c_limit/cassidy-john-2.png 2x" > cassidy-john-2.png

By   John Cassidy

April 3, 2019

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5ca4cca0c6227255f321a328/master/w_1298,c_limit/Cassidy-TrumpGolfCheating.jpg 2x" > https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5ca4cca0c6227255f321a328/master/w_1626,c_limit/Cassidy-TrumpGolfCheating.jpg 2x" > https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5ca4cca0c6227255f321a328/master/w_1454,c_limit/Cassidy-TrumpGolfCheating.jpg 2x" > https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5ca4cca0c6227255f321a328/master/w_1454,c_limit/Cassidy-TrumpGolfCheating.jpg 2x" > Cassidy-TrumpGolfCheating.jpg

In “Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Donald Trump,” the sportswriter Rick Reilly shares stories of the President bending the rules.

Photograph by Andy Buchanan / AFP / Getty

P. G. Wodehouse wrote that the best way to discover a man’s character is to play golf with him. In his short story “Ordeal by Golf,” the narrator declares, “In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.”   Donald Trump   is an avid golfer, of course, as well as the avid proprietor of seventeen golf courses on both sides of the Atlantic. Indeed, all evidence suggests that he is far more interested in golf than he is in immersing himself in the duties of the Presidency. According to the Web site   TrumpGolfCount.com , which meticulously tracks Trump’s play, he has made a hundred and sixty-five visits to golf clubs since becoming President, and he has played golf at least seventy-seven times. In March alone, he played six rounds at the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach. Even when he is confined to Washington, he caters to his golf habit. The Washington   Post   reported   that Trump had installed a state-of-the-art golf simulator in the White House’s living quarters, which allows him to pretend he is playing famous courses around the world.

By the standards of most weekend golfers,   Trump is a decent player , as his playing partners attest, with a roundhouse swing that propels the ball a long way. But he doesn’t claim to be decent player; he claims to be an élite amateur who has won a remarkable eighteen club championships. (At any golf club, the club championship is the biggest tournament of the year.) Over the years, however, tales of Trump’s chronic cheating on the links have circulated widely. In the new book “ Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Donald Trump ,” the sportswriter Rick Reilly has pulled these stories together and found some new ones. Relying on testimony from playing partners, caddies, and former Trump employees, Reilly pokes more holes in Trump’s claims than there are sand traps on all of his courses combined. It is by turns amusing and alarming. “Trump doesn’t just cheat at golf,” Reilly notes. “He cheats like a three-card Monte dealer. He throws it, boots it, and moves it. He lies about his lies. He fudges and foozles and fluffs.”

Reilly recounts a time when Trump was declared the senior club champion at Trump National Bedminster, in New Jersey, even though he was in Pennsylvania on the day that the event was played. “He’d declared that the club should start having senior club championships for those 50 and up, but he forgot that one of the best players at the club had just turned 50,” Reilly writes. “Having zero chance of beating the guy, he went up to his Trump Philadelphia course on the day of the tournament and played with a friend there. Afterward, according to a source inside the Bedminster club, he called the Bedminster pro shop and announced he’d shot 73 and should be declared the winner. The pro, wanting to stay employed, agreed. His name went up on the plaque.”

This turned out to be a double con. When someone from the Bedminster club called up Trump’s caddy at the course in Philadelphia and asked what he’d shot there, the caddy replied, “Maybe 82. And that might be generous.”

Evidently, Trump pulls this kind of stuff on a regular basis. Last month, another well-known sportswriter, Michael Bamberger,   reported   that Trump won the 2018 club championship at his West Palm Beach club without playing in that tournament, either. And Trump admitted to Reilly that at least some of those eighteen club championships weren’t championships at all. “Whenever I open a new golf course, I play the official opening round and then I just call   that   the first club championship,” Reilly recounts Trump as saying. “There you go! I’m the first club champion!"

Trump’s other big golf brag is that he sports a handicap of 2.8. Handicaps are designed to rank players and to make it easier for weak players to compete against strong ones. A handicap of 2.8 indicates that a player is capable of playing a round in about three over par, which is extremely difficult to do. According to the United States Golf Association, Trump’s mark would put him in the   top five per cent   of players who keep a handicap. But these figures apply to players of all ages, and Trump is now seventy-two years old.

Among golfing septuagenarians, a handicap of 2.8 is very rare. Jack Nicklaus, who is either the best or second best golfer ever, depending on how you rank Tiger Woods, has a handicap of 5.2. If Nicklaus played Trump in a proper match, Trump would have to give him two shots. The Golden Bear is seven years older than Trump, but, as Reilly asks, “If you needed a partner for a death match . . . would you take Trump or Jack Nicklaus?”

Actually, it might be smart to pick Trump, especially if there wasn’t a team of referees to monitor his every move. Some of his tactics are blatant: not counting foul shots, dropping balls closer to the hole, and improving his lies. At Winged Foot, a storied New York course where Trump is a member, Reilly tells us, “the caddies got so used to seeing him kick his ball back onto the fairway they came up with a nickname for him: ‘Pele.’ ” (For those who don’t know soccer, the Brazilian Pelé was one of the best kickers   of a ball in history.)

And Trump doesn’t only give himself unfair advantages: he’s also been known to hobble his opponents. On another occasion recounted by Reilly, Trump was playing with Mike Tirico, the sportscaster, who hit a long, soaring second shot into a par five, high-fived his caddy, and headed for the green. When he got there, there was no sign of his ball; it had somehow ended up in a sand trap some fifty feet left of the pin. “Lousy break,” Trump said. Tirico was so befuddled that he took a seven. Afterward, Trump’s caddy told Tirico that his approach shot had actually finished up about ten feet from the hole. “Trump threw it into the bunker,” the caddy said. “I watched him do it.”

Of course, Trump isn’t the first golfer to give himself a mulligan, which is golfspeak for a do-over. He also isn’t the first President to do this. Bill Clinton, an enthusiastic hacker, took so many mulligans that they became known as “Billigans,” Reilly says. But Reilly also points out that “Clinton’s methods were less diabolical and more goofy” than Trump’s are. With this President, the finagling on the course is more serious, “a path to something more important: I win again.”

In tracing the roots of Trump’s cheating, Reilly points out that Trump learned some of his tricks from the hustlers at Cobb’s Creek, a gritty public course in West Philadelphia, which he played when he was studying at the University of Pennsylvania. In searching for deeper motivations, Reilly consults with Lance Dodes, a Harvard psychiatrist, who says, of Trump, “He can’t stand not winning, not being the best. It had to have started very early in his development. . . . He exaggerates his golf scores and his handicap for the same reason he exaggerates everything. He has to. He exhibits all the traits of a narcissistic personality disorder. . . . He’s a very ill man.”

Reilly doesn’t say if he agrees with this diagnosis. But at the end of his book, he raises the question of whether Trump’s cheating matters and answers it in the affirmative. “If you’ll cheat to win at golf, is it that much further to cheat to win an election? To turn a Congressional vote? To stop an investigation? If you’ll lie about every aspect of the game, is that much further to lie about your taxes, your relationship with Russians, your groping of women? . . . I’m glad my dad didn’t live to see a Commander in Cheat like Trump. It would’ve turned his stomach.”

For a sportswriter, that’s quite a bit of editorializing, and yet one senses that Wodehouse would have approved. In “Ordeal by Golf” his alter ego remarks, “I employed a lawyer for years until one day I saw him kick a ball out of his heel-mark. I removed my business from his charge next morning.” The rest of us don’t have that option. For now, at least, we are stuck with Pelé in the White House.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago
Maybe because Trump is a better golfer

Trumps so good he won a tournament he didn't even compete in! Now that's something! Something any actual golfer would be horribly ashamed of, but not Mr. Trump! Driving on the green with his golf cart, claiming to have a 2 handicap, virtually every golfer he plays with says he's not bad, but cheats anyway to make himself seem better than he is, and claiming to win a championship he never even played in, that's the hero of the conservative right. I guess they were a match made in heaven, if heaven described that place of eternal fire where lies, deceit, dishonesty and hypocrisy reside.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4    5 years ago
virtually every golfer he plays with says he's not bad, but cheats anyway

Yeah, that's the world I guess. Barry Bonds cheated even though he was already the best player of his generation.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.4.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @7.4.1    5 years ago
Yeah, that's the world I guess.

No. Cheating is cheating. Barry Bonds will go down in history as a cheater, as will Lance Armstrong and others who cheated even though they were already at the top of their professions.

Donald Trump isn't a pro golfer, he's not competing for money, most of his games have none but his sycophant caddie who doesn't just look the other way but actively participates in making sure Trump scores well, a guest, Donald and if you believe in that sort of thing, God. But still Trump has to cheat, he's so fucking sick in the head he lies even to himself about how great he is. He lives in a fantasy world where he believes himself the healthiest, best, tallest, strongest, most virile, wealthiest, best golfer, best dad, best businessman, best husband and best President, when the only thing he really is best at is lying. Lying to himself and everyone around him. He has convinced them all of his own invisible clothes and while the rest of us are sitting here saying "You're shitting me right? You can't see how naked that disgusting fat pig of a man-baby is?", his mesmerized drone followers all chant back in unison, "President Trump wears the finest clothing ever made... the cloth is made from unobtainisilk, his shoes of invincible leather, his suit jacket of fluid vibrainium wool... He is the best dressed man in the world...".

This isn't the way of the world, Trump is an anomaly. A sick, twisted perversion of humanity who exemplifies all the worst traits that most humans try to overcome. If he hadn't been born into massive wealth, Trump would have been a forgotten homeless half-wit sitting on a park bench talking to himself while trying to grab pigeon pussies or screaming profanities at passing children by now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4.2    5 years ago

To excuse cheating - as - that's the world I guess - is bullshit.  Straight up bullshit.  What won't some defend for this piece of shit scumlappingshitbag turd Rump?

'or screaming profanities at passing children by now.'

DP Kind of reminds me a little bit of something on Parks and Recreation.  Someone was complaining about being banned from sports events for yelling you suck at the players.  The guy said they did suck.  They were third graders.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.4.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.3    5 years ago
To excuse cheating - as - that's the world I guess - is bullshit. 

After reading the Mueller report I see many similarities between Trumps golf game and his campaign game. As pointed out in one recent book:

"(Rick) Reilly" "interviewed several of Trump's caddies for his book. "I asked them, 'Does the president cheat?' and they all said, 'No, he doesn't cheat, we cheat for him,'".

Imagine if you will, Happy Trumpmore in a golf championship against Shooter McClinton. Now everyone thought the long time professional Shooter McClinton was a lock, but the game that day wasn't a normal game of golf.

"First we had Happy Trumpmore's caddie, the aptly named Put'in. He doesn't speak much, not sure if he understands English, but he's carrying Trumps bags."

"Happy Trumpmore is certainly swinging for the fences today, off the first tee his ball disappeared off to the right with one of the strangest 'run up to the ball' shots, but strangely the caddie found the ball just inside the edge of the rough about 450 yards down the fairway. What a power hitter!"

"On the 10th tee Happy Trumpmore seems to hit one waaaaaaay into the "Hollywood Access" rough. But wait, what's this? They're telling us Trump's ball was found back in the fairway? Trump's caddie found the ball, it apparently bounced off the turtle shell of stolen DNC emails and ricocheted off a Weeping Wiki tree! Amazing luck!"

"It really has been interesting to watch this match today Dan, nearly every hole Happy Trumpmore has hit a strong but seemingly off target shot but they always seem to bounce back into playable territory, truly an amazing feat."

"We're coming down to the last few holes, Shooter McClinton is well in the lead, there's really no way for Happy Trumpmore to win this. Let's see how Shooter does teeing off at 18. Wow! What a shot! She laid it right up on the edge of the green in one! But wait, what's this? A Comeygator has erupted out of the pond nearby, run over and eaten Shooters ball? Oh no! That's going to be a stiff penalty!"

"Now Happy Trumpmore tees off on 18 and again, a wild running slapshot that looks like it's gone far left towards that Russian TV camera tower. What? We're being told the ball bounced off the tower onto the green and into the hole! That was literally the only way he could win! Insane! It could only be considered a miracle for all Happy Trumpmores fans!"

It's not that Trump always cheats, he expects those under him to cheat for him, make sure his ball is always in a playable lie, and if that doesn't work he has them just lie all the while maintaining his plausible deniability.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4.4    5 years ago

Do you write for the Onion?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.4.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.5    5 years ago
Do you write for the Onion?

I do not, though I often enjoy their take on a lot of issues. There's nothing better than looking at something from a humorous or bizarre perspective to get one out of their box and looking at things through fresh eyes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4.6    5 years ago

Isn't it crazy when you sometimes cannot discern the difference between an Onion piece and something that Rump and his supporters may have said/done? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4.8  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4.2    5 years ago
Cheating is cheating

Never said it wasn't. Just observing that even good players do it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4.9  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.3    5 years ago
To excuse cheating - as - that's the world I guess - is bullshit.  Straight up bullshit.  What won't some defend for this piece of shit scumlappingshitbag turd Rump?

If you have a comment on something I wrote, why don't you show some courage and address your thoughts to me directly.

As to your reaction to my comment, I will tell you that you are 100% wrong. I never excused cheating and I would not. As I had to explain to DP, all I was doing was observing that even the best performers will do it. For you to find otherwise in what I wrote, I believe, is dishonest and just part of your penchant for trying to smear the character of people you think you are supposed to disagree with. Frankly, I find this tendency of yours to be both dishonest and childish. And I had the spine to tell you directly.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7.4.9    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7.4.9    5 years ago

I'll do what I please.

Don't call me a coward.  Don't call me spineless.  Don't call me dishonest.  

Piss off.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.4.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @7.4.8    5 years ago
Never said it wasn't. Just observing that even good players do it.

Care to give any examples of golfers intentionally cheating other than Trump? Any amateur or professional golfers out there cheating nearly every single time they play to superficially inflate their score or lower their handicap?

"In baseball, as in most sports, bending the rules is acceptable. It's only if you flout them that you are disciplined.

In golf, honesty isn't merely the best policy, it's the only policy. Rules aren't meant to be bent, much less broken. Players are expected to call even the most minor infractions on themselves.

As Wojtowicz did in the finals of the Rhode Island Amateur.

It was 21 years ago, but I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was standing beside the green of the 12th hole at Wanumetonomy, a par-3 where Wojtowicz and his opponent, David Herzog, both were on in regulation.

Wojtowicz, who was one-down in the match, was lining up his birdie putt when he suddenly stepped away and announced he was hitting three.

No one knew why. No one had seen anything.

I had marked my ball and picked it up, Wojtowicz explained. I fixed my ball mark. Then I put my ball down again. When I put my putter down about a half-inch behind the ball, the ball moved. I don't think it moved two dimples, but it moved. It rocked, and it didn't rock back. I was stunned.

According to the rules of golf, if the ball moves once it is addressed by the player and does not return to its original position, the player must count a stroke.

I don't know if anybody else saw it, Wojtowicz said that day. But golf is a game where, if you see it happen, you have to call it on yourself. You have to play by the rules. If I hadn't, and somehow had turned the match around and won, I'd have had to live with that."

"Never drive the cart within hazard boundary lines, or within about 10 yards of water hazards or bunkers, or within about 50 yards of greens (unless you're on a designated cart path, of course). These areas are especially susceptible to damage by the wheels of golf carts. Never drive onto or close to tee boxes, either, unless on the cart path."

“Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots, but you have to play the ball where it lies.” - Bobby Jones

Trumps golf game reflects his life. He rejects the idea he could ever make a bad shot and refuses to play the ball where it lies. He cheats, makes excuses or lawyers up to move the ball so he always gets the "good break" and then he demands everyone applaud his luck. Every real golfer in the world who has seen trump play either openly or secretly despises Trump. They know him for what he is, a worthless cheating scumbag not worthy of washing their golf balls with his dirty mouth. And every sensible human living by the rules every day, not screwing people over, not cheating and stealing just cause no one is looking, despise the way Trump lives. The rest who think life is just about taking what they want regardless of how it hurts others, think of cheating as another tool to take more, and consider others as stepping stones that need to be stomped on to get ahead, love Trump and how he plays the game.

So while your flaccid defense of the scumbag in chief was expected, your argument doesn't contain even a single drop of logic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4.12    5 years ago

'Trumps golf game reflects his life. He rejects the idea he could ever make a bad shot and refuses to play the ball where it lies. He cheats, makes excuses or lawyers up to move the ball so he always gets the "good break" and then he demands everyone applaud his luck. Every real golfer in the world who has seen trump play either openly or secretly despises Trump. They know him for what he is, a worthless cheating scumbag not worthy of washing their golf balls with his dirty mouth. And every sensible human living by the rules every day, not screwing people over, not cheating and stealing just cause no one is looking, despise the way Trump lives. The rest who think life is just about taking what they want regardless of how it hurts others, think of cheating as another tool to take more, and consider others as stepping stones that need to be stomped on to get ahead, love Trump and how he plays the game.

So while your flaccid defense of the scumbag in chief was expected, your argument doesn't contain even a single drop of logic.'

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4.14  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.11    5 years ago

Then don't lie about me, particularly to other people.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.4.15  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.4.12    5 years ago
Care to give any examples of golfers intentionally cheating other than Trump?

You really need that?

Many PGA Tour players say they’ve witnessed cheating on the course. Rather than blaming the refs, they should look in the mirror

PGA Tour player accuses fellow pro of cheating at Quicken Loans National (Update: Kang, tour respond)

VIJAY SINGH EX CADDIE: "CHEATING HAPPENS ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ROUND"

How many girls did Tiger Woods have sex with while cheating on wife?

Whoops! Wrong kind of cheating.

In baseball, as in most sports, bending the rules is acceptable

Uh What? That's some made up bull, right there. Are you trying to defend cheating now?

So while your flaccid defense of the scumbag in chief was expected

I didn't defend him. Defending him wasn't even on my mind. What did I write that makes you think I was defending him cheating at golf?

your argument doesn't contain even a single drop of logic

What argument are you talking about?

You want to talk about drops of logic? You could use a few. You're arguing with me about something I never even said, i.e. that cheating is ok.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

Between the three of them my money is on Clinton.  

He's a much better cheater than Trump or Obama

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8  Ronin2    5 years ago

The left don't hate a golfing presidents, they only hate golfing presidents with an R behind their name.

After making any and every excuse for Obama's outings (golf and basketball) after bashing Bush Jr for golfing; the left have no room to criticize Trump.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @8    5 years ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    5 years ago

Yes, that sums up the left's position nicely.

So long as there an R behind the president's name anything and everything they do is wrong; even if they are following a Democrat's lead.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.1    5 years ago

You make no sense.  

What excuses for President Obama?

Bush Jr.?

What the fuck are you talking about?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1.3  katrix  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.1    5 years ago

Actually, Trump was a D for much of the time he was cheating at golf (and everything else).  He was a lying scumbag then, and he's a lying scumbag now.  The letter behind his name has nothing to do with it.  His character (or lack thereof) is the issue, not his political party.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    5 years ago

There is this too which must be carefully considered, pertaining to the premise of this article.

In old testament scripture and the US Constitution, both of which are closely linked according to some, the game of golf is an Arian sport and thusly is not open to all.

s/  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The premise of the article is slightly overblown all though just slightly. There is no doubt that many whites felt "threatened" by the first non-white presidency, but they also opposed Obama golfing because he was a "liberal". 

They give trump a pass because he is Making America Hate Great Again!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11  Jasper2529    5 years ago
There is no doubt that many whites felt "threatened" by the first non-white presidency

Obama is biracial. Try again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @11    5 years ago

No shit Sherlock.  He's biracial?  I didn't know!!!!!!!!

Try again

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 years ago

That's the typical answer from some when they're trying to score points.

He's biracial, yes, but that makes him non-white, which makes him the first non-white president

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.1    5 years ago
That's the typical answer from some when they're trying to score points.
He's biracial, yes, but that makes him non-white, which makes him the first non-white president

IMO, people who try to score points are insecure and try to ridicule others without facts to support their claims.

The USA is one of very few nations who continue to use the slavery-era "one drop rule". Here are some facts about black/white in the USA.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1.2    5 years ago

Does that refute anything I wrote or are you just blithering once again?

It's also just an opinion

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.3    5 years ago
Does that refute anything I wrote or are you just blithering once again? It's also just an opinion

I never "blither". The link I posted is from The Root, a very left-wing source:

Have a good day. Good-bye.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.3    5 years ago

'Does that refute anything I wrote or are you just blithering once again?'

I'd say it's the latter.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1.4    5 years ago

Don't let the door hit ya dear . . . 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1.4    5 years ago

It's still an opinion piece not with anything concerning facts

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.7    5 years ago
It's still an opinion piece not with anything concerning facts

I have no problem with you disagreeing with Diana Ozemebhoya Eromosele's opinion and her embedded fact-based PBS and BET articles (among others). Many Americans would, because the USA is one of a small handful of countries that is, unfortunately, still based upon the slave-time one drop rule. Good-bye again.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1.8    5 years ago

You can have the last word. I know you're dying to get it