╌>

Public Banned From Seeing School Shooting Case Involving Transgender Anti-Trump Culprit

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  5 years ago  •  21 comments

Public Banned From Seeing School Shooting Case Involving Transgender Anti-Trump Culprit
Entire case file sealed by judge.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The case of two anti-Trump leftists, one of whom is transgender, who shot up a school in Denver last week has been placed under seal by a judge, banning the public from seeing it.

Devon Erickson, 18, and Alec McKinney, 16, opened fire on two classrooms at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) charter school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, on May 7, killing one student and injuring eight others.

16-year-old Alec McKinney identifies as male but is biologically female, having been born Maya Elizabeth McKinney.

Following the shooting, it emerged that his accomplice Erickson had posted anti-Christian and anti-Trump messages on social media while praising former President Barack Obama.

It is now being reported that details of the case will remain secret to the public after it was sealed by a judge.

“Douglas County District Judge Theresa Slade has put the charges along with the entire case file under seal, banning the public from seeing it,” reports Reuters.

The student who was shot dead, 18-year-old Kendrick Castillo, bravely rushed towards the two shooters in an attempt to prevent further loss of life. He was remembered as a “compassionate, bright young man” during a memorial service on Wednesday.

The shooting appeared to disappear from headlines quickly when it turned out that the individuals responsible were anti-Trump leftists and that one of them was transgender.

One wonders if the media’s reaction would have been different if it was two Trump supporters who had shot up a school.

Others highlighted the double standard of a smirking boy being vilified by the media while an actual school shooter was largely ignored.

Both of these students are minors.

One smiled calmly at an Indian while his personal space was invaded.

The other is a murderer.

Which one was smeared by the media for an entire week, sent death threats by celebrities, and had his name released despite being underage?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    5 years ago

The shooting appeared to disappear from headlines quickly when it turned out that the individuals responsible were anti-Trump leftists and that one of them was transgender.

One wonders if the media’s reaction would have been different if it was two Trump supporters who had shot up a school.

Others highlighted the double standard of a smirking boy being vilified by the media while an actual school shooter was largely ignored.

Transgender?  Media hot button.  Anti-Trump?  Media hot button.

So, why are the files closed?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

I noticed that as well. Some pretty fishy stuff going on with this one...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    5 years ago

I agree with you Ed - there is much more going on than meets the eye.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

The Denver area is pretty much Democrat being a sanctuary city in a sanctuary  state, and has its share of liberal judges who want to hide the truth from the public.

To complete the trifecta, HER father is an illegal. So that info will get squashed also.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago
So that info will get squashed also.

To all but you it seems...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago

Well, to be honest, Denver is getting ready to gain their share of Illegal Aliens being shipped to them by DHS.  Let's see how they handle them.  Hopefully not in the manner as in this case.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago
To complete the trifecta, HER father is an illegal. So that info will get squashed also.

For the most part, this fact was buried. Soon after the shooting occurred, I looked up the 2 suspects and found only two sources that mentioned the man's illegal status. I posted links to those media sources on a different seed; I think they were from a local CBS affiliate and The Daily Mail in the UK.  

At that time, many left wing media falsely "reported" that it was Trump's tone and rhetoric that set the stage for another school shooting. Typical bias instead of factual reporting! 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3  Tacos!  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

Honestly, this:

Media hot button

is probably why. To keep the trial fair, you want avoid a jury pool tainted by sensational headlines, if at all possible.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

One of them is a minor...

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.4.1  Snuffy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4    5 years ago
One of them is a minor...

Except both are being charged as adults.

It seems like there's something else going on. I can go along with trying not to influence the potential jury pool any more than it already has, but that's a tough process in this type of trial.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Snuffy @1.4.1    5 years ago
Except both are being charged as adults.

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  Just being charged as an adult doesn't mean the judge has to open it to the public, it is generally the judge's choice.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Silly judges.  Don't they know we have ways of finding out things they don't want us to.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    5 years ago

That is becoming increasingly difficult in Colorado. The link below helps to explain the reason for that. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1    5 years ago

Wow - wonder if Congress would ever use that tactic of suppression?  Oh wait - Obama's records are sealed - Trump's records are sealed - but Nadler wants to publish every damn thing Mueller and his staff discussed so the "public can get their rights".

Interesting - also wonder why this decision wasn't/hasn't been taken to SCOTUS.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.1    5 years ago
but Nadler wants to publish every damn thing Mueller and his staff discussed

Nadler has proven that he has serious mental health problems, because everyone knows he and others have access to 98% of the Mueller Report but Nadler refuses to read it. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

ANYTHING Anti-Trumpers….." SEAL EVERYTHING" ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

ANYTHING Pro-Trumpers….. " OPEN EVERYTHING" ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
3.1  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

I'm with you on this.  Justice isn't necessarily just with so much variation in how cases are handled. 

Sealing court files is legitimate at times.  This doesn't appear to be one of those times. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @3.1    5 years ago
This doesn't appear to be one of those times. 

If the O.J. trial was worthy of a "National TV" moment, this is too !

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
3.1.2  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    5 years ago

It wasn't, this isn't either. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @3.1.2    5 years ago
It wasn't, this isn't either. 

Worthy.....NO !

Happened ……. YES !

Goose/Gander takes precedence. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31