╌>

The Mullahs Promise "Demise of Israel" and American Civilization

Category:  World News

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  22 comments

Khamenei made Iran's intentions clear while meeting with students. "You young people," he declared, "should be assured that you will witness the demise of the enemies of humanity, meaning the degenerate American civilization, and the demise of Israel".

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Majid Rafizadeh, Gatestone Institute, June 15, 2019

3937.jpg

The Iranian government continues to defy international standards, as it refuses to act as a rational and constructive state, even apart from its repeated malign behavior in the Gulf of Oman this week. Pictured: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo speaks at a June 13, 2019 press conference in Washington, DC, where he said, "It is the assessment of the US government that Iran is responsible for today's attacks [on oil tankers] in the Gulf of Oman. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

The Iranian government continues to   defy   international standards, as it refuses to act as a rational and constructive state, even apart from its repeated malign behavior in the   Gulf of Oman   this week. Iran's Supreme Guide Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who enjoys the final say in all of Iran's domestic and foreign policies, recently   proclaimed   to the youth in Iran that they will soon witness the demise of Israel and all of American civilization. This announcement was   confirmed   on the Supreme Leader's official website.

Khamenei made Iran's intentions clear while meeting with students. "You young people," he   declared , "should be assured that you will witness the demise of the enemies of humanity, meaning the degenerate American civilization, and the demise of Israel".

Iran also recently   produced   a program on its state television channel demonstrating that the government is currently practicing missile attacks, with the purpose of carrying out actual attacks on Israel. The video excerpt   included   in the television broadcast showed how the operations the Iranians are striving to put into action will bombard Tel Aviv. The video concludes with images of Israeli citizens covered in white sheets, indicating great tragedy for Israel, and a victory for the Islamic Republic.

The Deputy Commander of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Hossein Salami, also recently   threatened   on Iran's Channel 2 TV that Israel is "vulnerable and bringing itself closer to death".

Salami made the strategy of the Iranian government vehemently clear by   stating , "Our strategy is to erase Israel from the global political map. And, it seems that, considering the evil that Israel is doing, it is bringing itself closer to that." In addition, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei recently   posted   a Twitter tirade attacking Israel. It   stated   that "the Zionist regime will perish in the not so far future."

Why are the Iranian leaders ratcheting up threats against Israel and the Jews at these critical times? There seem to be two major reasons.

Aside from their proclaimed hatred of the country, there is, behind these increased threats, a political motive. From the perspective of the Iranian leaders, if they continue to increase their threats against Israel, the United States will be pressured to change its strategy and lift pressure that has been placed on the clerical establishment, the IRGC, and its elite branch, the Quds Force.

Since its establishment in 1979, the   modus operandi   of the Islamic Republic of Iran has been to pursue aggressive violent policies instead of attempting diplomatic initiatives in the Middle East.

Since US President Donald J. Trump withdrew from the flimsy nuclear deal, the Iranian leaders have been under significant economic pressure, and are seeking ways to escape it. Sanctions leveled against the Iranian government's military institutions -- the IRGC and its affiliates -- as well as the banking system and the oil sector, are placing financial and geopolitical pressure on the Islamic Republic. Iran's oil exports have   declined   by more than half, and its national currency, the rial, continues to lose value. As the squeeze continues on both political and economic dynamics within Iran, the government will grow more and more desperate.

It is not only inside the country that the Iranian leaders are feeling economic losses and pressure; Tehran's financial influence, investments and assistance to other countries, particularly Syria, are also being negatively impacted.

As the pressure continues, it is becoming extremely difficult for the Iranian authorities to continue funding, sponsoring and supporting its militias, proxies and terror groups across the Middle East.

According   to the latest reports, Iran's reduced oil revenues have already caused Tehran to cut funding to its militias in Syria. As Iran's militias are not getting their salaries and benefits, their ability to continue to fight is being limited.

When these militias do not receive the required funds to operate and advance Iran's interests, some will begin to lose their power, erode, and even fall apart altogether. The Islamic Republic will likely lose the loyalty of other militias as they attempt to find new paymasters.

The second reason behind Iran's increasing threats against Israel is linked to one of the core pillars and revolutionary ideals of the Islamic Republic: destroying the Jewish state. It is also one of the religious prophecies of the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, and his successor, the current Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, that Israel will be eventually   erased from the face of the earth.

As Iran's theocratic establishment   believes   that the Supreme Leader is Allah's representative on earth, whatever words or desires the Supreme Leader utters are considered wishes, which must be brought to life by Allah's true believers. With this religious drive, the undercurrent of hatred toward Israel is only amplified: each attack against the country is considered a holy act.

It is an unacceptable double-standard that the United Nations and the international community have been, and continue to be, silent about Iran's threats against Israeli citizens. If the situation were reversed and if Israel threatened to annihilate Iran, the international community would be up in arms, and quick to defend Iran. Through political and economic pressure, the ruling mullahs of Iran should be held accountable by the international community for endangering global security and regional stability.

Dr. Majid Rafizadeh is a business strategist and advisor, Harvard-educated scholar, political scientist, board member of Harvard International Review, and president of the International American Council on the Middle East. He has   authored   several books on Islam and US foreign policy.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago
"Iran also recently  produced  a program on its state television channel demonstrating that the government is currently practicing missile attacks, with the purpose of carrying out actual attacks on Israel. The video excerpt  included  in the television broadcast showed how the operations the Iranians are striving to put into action will bombard Tel Aviv."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

LOL.  Don't know why I bother, but since I'm going to sleep for the night I'm locking this seed.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

This can remain open for the next few hours, but I will be going out for a long time thereafter.  Actually, I don't expect anyone to care that they're being called degenerate enemies of humanity.  Which is the bigger insult, "degenerate" or "deplorable"?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
5  dave-2693993    5 years ago
Actually, I don't expect anyone to care that they're being called degenerate enemies of humanity.  Which is the bigger insult, "degenerate" or "deplorable"?

Buzz, who keeps the main stream media propaganda afloat? I even wonder if the brain washed people would volunteer to defend Israel anymore?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dave-2693993 @5    5 years ago

I think the mainstream media and the Democratic Party, especially a few of its newest lawmakers, are reconditioning the minds of the public. With their assistance the Mullah's prediction of the demise of American civilization is inevitable. It's already happening in Europe.

I think Frank Zappa was wrong, because "It CAN happen here."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

It's time, going out a long ways so locking for 6 or 7 hours, then will unlock.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I'm back, so just in case any of "the enemies of humanity, meaning the degenerate Americans" have in mind to post a comment, this seed is unlocked.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Going to sleep, but no reason to lock this - nobody gives a shit about it anyway.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    5 years ago

You have been asked/told to stop seeding from the anti-Muslim site The Gatestone Institute, but you still do so anyway. I don't know why you are wondering why the "liberals" dont respond to your seeds from that site. I guess the "conservatives" here will have to speak for themselves. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
8.1.1  dave-2693993  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    5 years ago
I guess the "conservatives" here will have to speak for themselves. 

I am more concerned about what the regular people think and not the L vs R cattle.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    5 years ago

You and your fellow travellers are in denial that many of the articles are written by Muslims, and that there is still considerable factual information, much of which the liberal biased whitewashing media refuse to publish in order not to "hurt anyone's feelings".  Each time I get comments like yours, to stop publishing from that site, which IS ranked as "Right" by MBFC and NOT as questionable or conspiracy (you don't post anything from "Left" John?) it inspires me to post even more.  At least I don't post attack diatribes every single day like you do.

By the way, in NO way is the site anti-Muslim. It is anti-Islamist, anti-terrorist, and in that I am in full agreement with them, as are a lot of DEVOUT REFORMIST MUSLIMS. 

I must say that I have the GREATEST respect for seeing eye dogs.  You can figure that one out yourself.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.2    5 years ago

Anti-Muslim bias [ edit ]

The Gatestone Institute has been frequently described as "anti-Muslim", [a] [12]  regularly publishes articles to stoke anti-Muslim fears, [20] [27]  and has published false stories to that end. [17] [28] [12]  Gatestone frequently warns of a looming "jihadist takeover" and "Islamization" of Europe, leading to a  "Great White Death" . [13]  Gatestone authors have a particular interest in Germany and Sweden, and frequently criticize leaders such as  Macron  and  Merkel . [13]

In 2012, the Gatestone Institute hosted a talk by Geert Wilders. [9]  Gatestone has been criticized for affiliating itself with Wilders, who says that he "hates Islam." [29]  In 2016, Gatestone paid for Wilders' flights and hotels on trips to the United States, [30] [31]  and has published his writings. [29]

Alina Polyakova, a  Brookings Institution  fellow and expert on far-right populism, said that Gatetone's content "was clearly anti-immigrant" and "anti-Muslim". [13]

Policy analyst J. Dana Stuster of the  National Security Network , writing in  The Hill , criticized Gatestone as "paranoid" for claiming that  immigration to Europe  was "civilization jihad" and a "Muslim invasion". [32]

Gatestone's founder, Nina Rosenwald, has been accused of anti-Muslim bias by the  Council on American-Islamic Relations . Muslim writers for the Gatestone Institute have defended the organization and Rosenwald against the claims by CAIR. [33]   Zuhdi Jasser , founder and president of the  American Islamic Forum for Democracy , said, "It goes without saying, but to those who may not know Nina, and having known her now for many years, it is clear to me that she has the highest respect for Muslims who love their faith, love God, and take seriously our Islamic responsibility to defeat the global jihad and its Islamist inspiration." [33]   Alan Dershowitz , a  civil libertarian  lawyer and academic who contributes to Gatestone, also defended the organization against charges of anti-Muslim bias. [34]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.3    5 years ago
The Gatestone Institute has been frequently described as "anti-Muslim",[a][12] regularly publishes articles to stoke anti-Muslim fears,[20][27] and has published false stories to that end.

That does not leave much room for misunderstanding. Of course you will say wikipedia is a left wing plot. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.3    5 years ago

At least wikipedia gives both sides of the story, although puts the positive at the tail end.  You can have faith in whatever side fulfills your prejudices, and I'll retain mine.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.5    5 years ago

I dont have a prejudice about this Buzz, although I try to be anti-hysteria. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    5 years ago

By that you insinuate that I, or anyone who has priorities and opinions similar to mine MUST be hysterical.  No way that you could hear me scream, but can you hear my laughter?  A person who posts a damnation of HIS president every single day could surely be described better than me as being hysterical.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    5 years ago

After 9/11, which is now almost 18 years ago, I think there was a lot of concern that "Muslims" wanted to rule the world and a war of civilizations was underway. In the following 18 years that fear has largely dissipated as most people have come to realize that "Muslims" arent capable of taking over the world, by either peaceful or violent means, and there has been very little trouble caused in the US by Muslim immigrants and the Muslims who had been living here prior to 2001. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
9.1  dave-2693993  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago

You really do not understand Islam and how it works with population percentages.

Of recent history, Europe is a pretty good study.

It will progress there and become manifest here as well, given trends.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  dave-2693993 @9.1    5 years ago

What is the present Muslim population by percentage of European countries?  Which European countries are majority Muslim, or approaching majority Muslim? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    5 years ago

I don't think a majority of Muslims is necessary. Just as there are in the USA, sympathizers add to fulfilling the need.  Obama is not a Muslim, but did he not write that in a conflict situation he would stand with the Muslims?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  dave-2693993 @9.1    5 years ago

2017 figures

The majority of Germans are Christian, either Roman Catholic (29.9%) or Protestant (29.8%), although 1.3% of the population are also Orthodox Christians. Islam is the second largest religion in Germany, with an estimated 6.1% of the population according to a 2017 Pew Research Survey. Germany has the second largest Muslim population in Europe, at nearly 5 million, and is expected to grow significantly in the coming decades.

6% of Germany is Muslim, although I am sure the percentage has grown a little since 2017. 

Should we assume that Germany is about to fall to a Muslim horde because 6% of it's population is Muslim? 

These sorts of percentages are exactly why Gatestone is often accused of anti-Muslim hysteria over the Muslim "invasion" of Europe. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago

"First we'll take Manhattan, and then we'll take Berlin."  I don't know if Leonard Cohen was being allegorical when he wrote that, but first they did 9/11, and now they've succeeded in making Germany Sharia compliant.  "Small steps, Sparks" said Eleanor Arroway's father in the movie Contact.  Small steps are being taken in the USA as seen by those who are not so blind that they refuse to see that what is happening in Europe will "migrate" elsewhere.