╌>

Democrats Kicking Butt In Day Two Debate

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  47 comments

Democrats Kicking  Butt In Day Two Debate

The Democrats are having a lively and informative debate on the second night. All 10 of these people would be a vast improvement over Donald Trump. 

So far I would say Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders are leading the charge. Marianne Williamson of all people, is also kicking right wing behind. 

This debate is what we're talkin about !

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

All ten of these people are doing well, it is hard to choose between them. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

I'm surprised you'd gush so openly about a party that has, in the words of the House Progressive Caucus a "child abuse caucus" and according to the Chief of staff of AOC has members in Congress who want to treat black and brown people the same way southern democrats did in the 40s.

Problematic!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 years ago

You are trying to sow division among Democrats, lol.  I don't think too may Democrats care about your analysis of their candidates. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago
You are trying to sow division among Democrats, lol.

Sounds like the Congressional Progressive Caucus did that already today.

No need for Republicans to do anything except sit back and watch the clown show.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

Did a Democrat al least pull a Julian Castro and get a nice Jewish lady to teach them how to speak a few word of Spanish so they can sound authentic?

That’s how you win!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Democrats do a good enough job of showing division amongst themselves on their own. They don't need anybody on the right to do that!jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2  epistte  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 years ago
according to the Chief of staff of AOC has members in Congress who want to treat black and brown people the same way southern democrats did in the 40s.

What are you trying to say?  The southern Democrats of the 1940s were avowed racists who tried to deny non-whites equal rights.

Which democrats are racists?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  epistte @2.2    5 years ago

Ask AOC’s Chief of staff. His words.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago
Thanks for admitting they were Democrats.

Baby steps, Wally, baby steps!

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.4  epistte  replied to    5 years ago
Thanks for admitting they were Democrats.

Those racist southern democrats let the party because they felt betrayed by the civil rights movement and Johnson signing the Equal Rights Act.  The south switched from blue to red between 1950 and 1996. The racist south is now a republican stronghold.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.5  epistte  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.1    5 years ago
Ask AOC’s Chief of staff. His words.

I agree with him. Blue Dog democrats (center/right democrats) do tend to tolerate racism that liberals or progressives do not. They aren't full on racists but they are also not progressives like Bernie, Liz or Pete. Given Hillary's previous stances on social issues such as LGBT rights and race, I would consider her to be a Blue Dog democrat and not a progressive or a liberal.   Those blue dogs would have been moderate Republicans 50 years ago.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's chief of staff deleted a tweet that compared Democrats belonging to the Blue Dog Caucus to the white, southern Democrats of a bygone era.
"Instead of 'fiscally conservative but socially liberal,' let's call the New Democrats and Blue Dog Caucus the 'New Southern Democrats.' They certainly seem hell bent to do to black and brown people today what the old Southern Democrats did the 40s," Saikat Chakrabarti tweeted.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The idea that none of these people could hold their own on a debate stage with Donald Trump is nonsense. From what I see, all of them could stomp him , and will. 

Very impressive night for the Democratic Party. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    5 years ago

Kicking right wing behind. LOL!

Oh, it is some kicking, when only one side is allowed to play!

And here dumb old me thought that the debates were supposed to distinguish the Democratic candidates from one another.

Sounds more like an "I Hate Trump More Than You DO"-fest!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4    5 years ago

Attacking Trump is what is needed, and I am glad they are stepping up to the plate. 

If you are so seeking peace though, why don't you send a message to President* Trump and ask him to stop attacking Democrats and liberals and everyone else who looks crosseyed at him. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago
Attacking Trump is what is needed, and I am glad they are stepping up to the plate.
If you are so seeking peace though, why don't you send a message to President* Trump and ask him to stop attacking Democrats and liberals and everyone else who looks crosseyed at him.

Sounds like Dems can dish it out but get all upset when it is handed back to them.

Personally, I feel it is a mistake to run solely on bashing Trump, but, hey, whatever floats their boat. We have already seen how that played out.

Sometimes history repeats itself, especially when people refuse to learn from it.

I like it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    5 years ago

It's very simple, you both offer the people better ideas, and attack the buffoon who holds the office now. You do both. It's not rocket science. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    5 years ago

Sorry, John, but "free stuff" isn't an offer, it is a bribe.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    5 years ago

So you are complaining about the Democratic candidates attacking Trump, but are not willing to tell Trump to stop attacking the Democrats.  No surprise there. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    5 years ago

Not complaining, John.

Just noticing is all.

Does that meet with your approval?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to    5 years ago

Even if your'e a middle class democrat! Think about it, they're gonna raise your taxes, take away your medical insurance and let everyone come into the country!  How many democrats are gonna stay with that party?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The only thing I dont like about this is that they have almost completely ignored Andrew Yang. Anyone who qualified for the debate should be given a chance to speak. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with Donny Deutch - "In my heart of hearts I didn't see anyone there who could beat Donald Trump."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    5 years ago

He said that about last night's debate. I doubt he will be saying the same thing about this second one. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago
He said that about last night's debate.

I know and I'm saying it about tonight's debate. You don't have to take me so serious, I'm not the President. It's a good thing for many that I'm not!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Marianne Williamson is not going to be president, but damn did she bring it tonight. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

The writer? Are you kidding?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    5 years ago

Donald Trump was a game show host. 

Whats wrong with being a writer? 

I dont think she's quite qualified to be president, but then neither is Trump. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    5 years ago

I don't think she stood out. I do think Kamala Harris helped herself tonight

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

All the candidates raised their hands to give illegal aliens health care. That will hurt them all in the general.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    5 years ago
All the candidates raised their hands to give illegal aliens health care. That will hurt them all in the general.

Why not? Is there much Democrats aren't willing to give illegal aliens?

They put them above US citizens.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    5 years ago
They put them above US citizens.

I'm afraid they may be better than us.

As a matter of fact the dems have it right, Open borders, free health care, and a pathway to citizenship for the illegal immigrants!

Free tuition for the students, free Medicare for all and abortion on demand even for trans men who can"t get pregnant!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    5 years ago

There is no "free health care" other than for people who cannot afford it.  Should poor people die because they inconvenience you Vic? 

Universal health care will be paid for by taxes. Presumably the tax system to fund a universal health care system will be as fair as it can be. If it's not as fair as it can be then it has to be retooled until it is. 

As for "free tuition" the idea behind free college is that , today, and in the future certainly, a college education or some other form of education beyond high school is a necessity.  When the society created the concept of public high school to a great extent that is all that was needed to have a good job and a good life. That is no longer the case so the concept of "free school" may need to be expanded.  This is where wealth tax and high income taxes on multi millionaires comes in. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    5 years ago
Should poor people die because they inconvenience you Vic? 

I must be the guy in the Charles Dickens classic who says If they would rather die, they’d better do it, and decrease the surplus population” !

Universal health care will be paid for by taxes. 

Oh ya!, that is the part of it that people like Bernie Sanders don't like to talk about. The part that is the first thing grown ups think of!

As for "free tuition" the idea behind free college is that , today, and in the future certainly, a college education or some other form of education beyond high school is a necessity.

So we have been told for a few decades, even though others here have told me that it's never been a policy.

When the society created the concept of public high school to a great extent that is all that was needed to have a good job and a good life. That is no longer the case so the concept of "free school" may need to be expanded. 

John, do you know why College tuitions got to be so outrageously high?  Answer: The federal government in 2010 took over the student loan business. That's when colleges went to town on raising the cost of an education. The solution is really very simple and it's one that even Bernie would like. Establish a permanent ceiling on how much a university can charge. I think $3,000 a year is reasonable. How about you?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    5 years ago
Should poor people die because they inconvenience you Vic? 

Poor people have Medicaid.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    5 years ago

They were "Kicking their own BUTT" for sure.