╌>

I miss "Swing" !

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  6 comments

I miss "Swing" !
"a strong groove or drive"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_music

"Swing music, or simply swing, is a form of popular music developed in the United States that dominated in the 1930s and 1940s. The name swing came from the 'swing feel' where the emphasis is on the off–beat or weaker pulse in the music. Swing bands usually featured soloists who would improvise on the melody over the arrangement. The danceable swing style of big bands and bandleaders such as Benny Goodman was the dominant form of American popular music from 1935 to 1946, a period known as the swing era. The verb "to swing" is also used as a term of praise for playing that has a strong groove or drive. Notable musicians of the swing era include Louis Armstrong, Louis Prima, Larry Clinton, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Glenn Miller, Woody Herman, Tommy Dorsey, Jimmy Dorsey, Harry James, Louis Jordan, and Cab Calloway. "

2018 Aleksandar Mileusnic Brought that missing feeling back for me last year. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Just makes ya wanna "Swing and Sway" with the "Groove" !

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1  Enoch  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Dear Friend It Is ME: "It don't mean a thing, if you ain't got the swing. Do wap, do wap, do wap, do wap".

Enoch, "In the Mood".  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Enoch @1.1    5 years ago
"In the Mood"

Always ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians

Guy Lombardo and his orchestra brought the New Year in for millions nationally and internationally for nearly half a century, from the 1929 stock market crash that signaled the start of the Great Depression to America's 1976 bicentennial. They became an institution, synonymous with the ball drop in Times Square. The popularity of their live performances, first on radio and later, on TV, earned Lombardo the nickname "Mr. New Year's Eve."

In 1929 it began a 33-year residency at the Roosevelt Grill in New York. The broadcast (and later, the telecast) by CBS of the Royal Canadians' annual New Year's Eve performance at the Roosevelt Grill (and later at the grand ballroom of the Waldorf Astoria) became a traditional part of festivities throughout North America; the orchestra's rendition at the stroke of midnight of 'Auld Lang Syne' (a song that had been part of its repertoire since the days when it played in Scottish communities near London) was heard by millions of celebrants.

guy-lombardo-his-royal-canadians-get-out-those-old-records.jpg