╌>

What happened to Beto?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  77 comments

What happened to Beto?

What happened to Beto? What happened to the 2nd coming of Barrack Obama channeled through the white guy who adopted the Beto moniker to run for senate in Texas?

The Media fawned over his message, Many a Newstalkers seeded articles expressing such hope!

Tackling the country via Minivan, one campus at a time. Apologizing for his white male privilege! He rides a skateboard, he was in a band?

What Happened to Beto?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2  Nerm_L    5 years ago

All smoke, no candle.  Apparently Beto was wickless.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    5 years ago
What happened to Beto?

Robert Francis doesn't understand that his 15 minutes ended soon after his dentist visit and haircut. The icing on his hoped-for presidential cake got smooshed when we learned that his family owned slaves.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Hard to recall a bigger disaster of a candidate.

All that money and all that hype....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

He was born to run, he changed his name to Beto, he stood on counter tops and told us he would tear down the existing border wall! Raul Reyes over at CNN said that "Beto" has become a "household name" that won't soon disappear from our tongues. Another thing CNN got wrong.

Now Beto is vanishing before our eyes.  All those millions donated to his Texas Senate campaign and millions in donations from his primary campaign - up in smoke! Beto we hardly knew ye...and we're glad we didn't!

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    5 years ago

O'Rourke just needs to get in line and maybe win something before aiming for the very top spot. Even Barack Obama had to at least win his Senate seat before advancing to The Democratic Nomination. There is nothing sinister or untoward is going on. O'Rourke may have a very bright future in the Democratic Party though. Especially if he could maybe swing Texas into Biden's column for 2020. If so Beto might get to cut in line but just not to the very front of it.

So, I expect this is probably why O'Rourke just got promoted to thead of the line for today's edition of Big Fish's long running series of lame brained hit pieces on the Democratic contenders and young brown first term Congresswoman!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @7    5 years ago
Especially if he could maybe swing Texas into Biden's column for 2020.

That may happen but it won't happen in time for the 2020 election and it won't be Beto who changes it, it will be the children of immigrants when they become voters.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.1    5 years ago

Joe's gonna give him a big hug and then they are both going to put on Billy Eckstein's version of "I apologize"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7    5 years ago

Every time some Democrat runs in Texas, the media fawns all over them and proclaim that THEY are the "ONE" to turn Texas purple or blue.

Remember little Wendy and her famous pink tennis shoes?

Ever hear of her anymore?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.4.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @7.4    5 years ago

No wonder I ignore your nonsense...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.5  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @7    5 years ago
O'Rourke just needs to get in line and maybe win something before aiming for the very top spot. Even Barack Obama had to at least win his Senate seat before advancing to The Democratic Nomination.

Robert Francis has already held public office in El Paso - City Council and Mayor. He also served in the US House of Representatives from 2013-2019. He has more elected office experience than Obama did before becoming president.

There is nothing sinister or untoward is going on.

Who said that?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.5.1  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.5    5 years ago

Obama won a statewide office proving he could carry a big state, Illinois!

Beto has not, yet...

Barack Obama is STILL Most Admired Most Respected Man In The World.

Trump never wii be...

Do not get me wrong. Robert Francis O'Rourke has a bright political future.

The gop is dying off...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.5.3  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @7.5.1    5 years ago
Obama won a statewide office proving he could carry a big state, Illinois! Barack Obama is STILL Most Admired Most Respected Man In The World.

Sorry, but I'm not going to feed another Obama derail. See the genesis in comment 7

The gop is dying off...

Time will tell.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

So if Beto is done, what is the point of this article? Do you find glee in trying to annoy your fellow members? I'm really don't understand the point of this.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8    5 years ago
Do you find glee in trying to annoy your fellow members? 

That seems to be the reason as far as I can see. Posting stuff intended to stir the pot seems to be the aim for some.

user image
Freshman Silent
8.5    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8    5 years ago

Sure beats the I hate Trump articles we see daily. Fish entertains us.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.5.1  JBB  replied to  @8.5    5 years ago

We few libs left around here are finally catching onto the hook. [Deleted] You will be all alone...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.5.1    5 years ago

Promises, promises.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.5.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.5.2    5 years ago

Butt then, who would you have left to pop off impertintly to and to ask ridiculous questions of once you have finally alienated and run off every voice to the political left of Mussolini?

Someone must keep an eye on what radical fringe righties are up to!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.5.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.5.3    5 years ago

I feel so much safer knowing that YOU are the champion for your cause!

Kudos!

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9  luther28    5 years ago

"What Happened to Beto?"

Reality I would imagine.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1  Jasper2529  replied to  luther28 @9    5 years ago

He's still polling higher than Marianne (all you need is love and incense) Williamson and Bill (I teach my son to fear cops) De Blasio, so all is not lost for Beto ... yet!