╌>

EX-MUSLIM TO ‘POST’: TRYING TO TEACH ‘NAIVE WEST’ ABOUT TRUE NATURE OF ISLAM

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

“In Muslim communities, the word for Jew is not only used as a pejorative, it is used as a curse word. It is a hate that permeates so much so that it is invisible: It is just accepted."

BY HANNAH GAL JERUSALEM POST, AUGUST 18, 2019

Yasmine Mohammed. (photo credit: Courtesy)

Yasmine Mohammed has a story that sounds like an adventure novel. The ex-Muslim, as she calls herself, escaped a forced marriage to an Al Qaeda operative, who was bailed out of prison by Osama bin Laden himself.  

Now, the author of   Confessions of an Ex-Muslim   is open about her past so she can help others, she told   The Jerusalem Post . Mohammed says that she is on a mission to help closeted apostates living in Muslim-majority countries, and to teach the “naive West” about the true nature of Islam.

The educator and author has become a prominent voice within the growing global ex-Muslim community, speaking extensively to audiences worldwide.  

It all started when she was a child.

Mohammed grew up in Canada. Her typical Western childhood was interrupted when her mother married a devout Muslim; the little girl went from riding her bike and going swimming to wearing a hijab and enduring beatings for not memorizing the Quran.  

Years later, under the torment of a horrific forced marriage, she would risk her life braving an escape in a bid to rescue her daughter from the threat of female genital mutilation.  

“I lived every aspect of Islam up to actually being a jihadi,” said Mohammed. “I was the embodiment of an extremist Muslim. To see someone like me change so resolutely to a person who is in many ways the complete antithesis of who I was, speaks to the power of human resilience.”

The “catalyst” for Mohammed to start speaking out was the now infamous 2014 clash between Ben Affleck and Sam Harris on   The Bill Maher Show   where they debated about radical Islam. When her Facebook page was inundated with people praising Ben Affleck for shutting down “that racist Sam Harris,” she realized things were profoundly twisted and the time had come to speak up.  

“Everything Sam Harris said was spot on,” explained Mohammed, “I could not understand why so many people were in agreement with Ben Affleck’s stand – and there began a public chapter in my life. I went on to discover the global secular humanist movement and took it upon myself to enlighten others,” through my own experience.

“Western democracies are suffering from a toxic mix of arrogance and naiveté that makes them complacent,” said Mohammed, who highlighted this challenge only days after an eruption between Israel and the American Left over a proposed visit to the Jewish state by pro-BDS Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. “They underestimate the power of Islam, they look at what Islamists have done in other countries and they arrogantly think: ‘That won’t happen to us’ – even though it is happening right under their noses.”

At the heart of this naiveté is a disturbing alliance between Islam and the Left. A toxic partnership, she said, which sees high officials embracing Muslim traditions with "gestures" such as Hijab Day.  

“The hypocrisy of the Left is never more pronounced than when it comes to the topic of hijab,” Mohammed said. “As women in the West demand for themselves the right to wear what they want – in fact to be topless if they so choose – those same women will celebrate hijab.  

“They splash hijab on Barbie dolls, on [modeling] runways and on the cover of magazines,” said Mohammed. “A tool of oppression – a garment that perpetuates rape culture – is celebrated by women who claim to be progressive. They want freedom for themselves, but are happy to support the subjugation of other women. If they actually truly cared, they would be celebrating the women in Iran that are being arrested for defying the compulsory hijab laws.”  

This hypocrisy is best demonstrated through the likes of women marchers led by Linda Sarsour.  

“How can a woman that celebrates the antisemitic, anti-woman, anti-LGBT Louis Farrakhan, lead a liberal march?” asked Mohammed. “She stands in conservative religious clothing claiming that she stands for progressive values; she says we should not humanize Israelis while she claims that Palestinians are being dehumanized; she is best friends with terrorists such as Rasmeah Odeh, while pretending that she is all about peace and humanity.”

Mohammed launched “No Hijab Day,” celebrating the millions of women across the globe who have to defy laws and risk imprisonment, abuse and even honor killings to remove that cloth off their heads.  

“Women are forced to wear it all over the planet,” Mohammed said, “by their families that threaten to kill them for removing it as in my case. Or  they actually are killed for removing it.”

She also founded the Free Hearts Free Minds organization, which provides psychological support for ex-Muslims living within Muslim majority countries, where the state-sanctioned punishment for leaving Islam is death.  

Mohammed has stern words for the Obama administration, which “made a grave mistake” by highlighting an Islamist that praises the Muslim Brotherhood.  

“In the White House, they celebrated a woman who has spoken about the virtues of Sharia,” she added. “World leaders should invest time studying the history of Islam and look at the modern rise of Islamism through groups like the Muslim Brotherhood.”

About the Jews, she said that the general experience for Muslims is that of “pervasive hate for Jewish people – and this is learned from a young age.

“In Muslim communities, the word for Jew is not only used as a pejorative, it is used as a curse word. It is a hate that permeates so much so that it is invisible: It is just accepted."

“Never once, as a Muslim, did I stop to think about why we were to hate Jewish people so much,” she continued. “It’s like asking a child why they hate monsters. It is just a learned behavior that rarely gets questioned, and the hate of Israel is an extension of that. The hope to annihilate all Jewish people is based on the religion that teaches there will only be peace on earth once all Jews are killed by righteous Muslims.   

“There is a Hadith that states that Jewish people will not even be able to hide, as even the rocks and trees will call out: ‘Oh Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me.’”

Mohammed is “consumed with shame and guilt” over the hatred she was forced to carry for the Jewish people. She said that once she started to actually meet Jewish people, she realized the weight of the lie she had been told.  

“I feel humbled at how not one single Jewish person has ever allowed me to feel this guilt; they always quickly remind me that I was a child and that I should forgive myself," she continued. “One of the first Jewish people I met when I was still a child wearing hijab immediately smiled and called me their family, their cousin – but I was mortified and disgusted that this person would associate me with them.  

“That is how blinding the hate is,” she said, explaining that remembering that incident is “a shocking reminder of how much I have changed – and a testament to the fact that anyone else that harbors this hate can change as well.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Oh my! Now the Southern Poverty Law Center will add her to Ayaan Ali Hirsi on its "Hate List" FOR TELLING THE TRUTH. No, this was NOT from Gatestone Institute. It's from Jerusalem Post, which is classified by Media Bias Fact Check as "Least Biased".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I have a feeling I should lock this for the night.  It's 10 pm here and I'm going to sleep.  I'll unlock it in about 9 hours from now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

UNLOCKED - GO TO IT

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    5 years ago

More like her are needed and people should pay attention

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @4    5 years ago

I guess a lot who think like her are worried about having a death fatwa ordered against them like Salmann Rashdie, concerned about having to pay for 24 hour armed guards.  Remember what happened to Ayaan Ali Hirsi's partner, Van Gogh. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Hardly anyone is interested in this seed, so I guess there's no reason to "Lock it Up" (Why does that sound familiar?  LOL)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Obviously "The Truth" hurts, doesn't it. It's not easy to argue with it. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I have decided to leave thenewstalkers at this time, and am not certain if or when I will decide to return. I am not deleting my account in order to retain access to the photos and articles I have posted.  However, I believe it is necessary to lock the comments on this seed as I will not be available to moderate.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I have returned, and this seed is now unlocked.  We have heard from Flameaway,  so this is another side of the story.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
9  dave-2693993    5 years ago
 reputed to be a Palestinian Arab with a powerful hatred for Israel, 

Probably putting it too mildly.

IMO preaching genocide (now trying to cover his/her tracks) is beyond hatred.

What's that phrase? Oh, I remember now; NEVER AGAIN.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dave-2693993 @9    5 years ago

Sorry Dave I was wrong.  I assumed that the person who told me that he was a Palestinian was correct, but he was wrong, so I deleted that reference.  However, the good news is that we won't be hearing from him again because he's banned from this site for life, unless he reregs and Perrie doesn't catch it.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
9.1.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1    5 years ago

Thank you for the update Buzz.

Of special note, I would like to think the determination about the poster being Palestinian or not, was not an IP address determination.

For example during most of 2014 through part of 2016 I had a Moscow IP address both at my US office and at my US home.

Even the Aussie motorsports forum I like to visit blocked me and said go away and stay away (thank you Blondie for that phrase). I had to contact the site admin and he opened up a path for me.

I used to have an idea of how it was done...not anymore, only some proxies and reverse proxies were involved.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1    5 years ago

Powerful article Buzz. Real truth is powerful. 

The proof of that is in the pudding - just take a look at the reaction you are getting! (As in crickets)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Buzz,

I think the woman is talking about middle eastern Islam. The Muslims who live in Europe are not like that. During WWII, Albania saved more Jews than any other country and there were actually more Jews there after the war than before. My own mom life was save in Uzbekistan by locals who knew how to treat her dysentery. 

To say Islam is one thing is wrong. Just like any other faith, it varies. Sadly there is a toxic version coming out of the M/E and it is good to hear a young woman addressing it. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10    5 years ago

Imam Qemal Lami of the Albanian American Moslem Community explained that ”in Albania, Orthodox Christians, Muslims and Jews are like one family.”

He then relayed the story of a German-born Jewish professor who escaped to the U.S. after securing a new passport in Albania.

”I think you should know the name of the professor,” he said. ”It was Albert Einstein.”

It is ''Besa'' in Albania that is of great importance. 

In Albania, it is customary to offer guests ("mikut") loyalty and hospitality - and guarantee their safety. Once an Albanian has given a guest his word, his "besa," he must live up to it. It was this very tradition that contributed to giving Jews from throughout Europe safe refuge between 1938 and 1945 in Albania, a country with a predominantly Muslim population. The majority of the Jewish refugees lived in Albania until the early 1990s. After the fall of the Communist regime, many Albanian Jews emigrated to the United States and Israel.

The Israeli Yad Vashem memorial in Jerusalem has so far honored 69 Albanians as "Righteous among Nations," an honor bestowed on people who risked their lives to save Jews during the Holocaust. Some of them were especially honored in the traveling exhibition "Besa: A Code of Honor," first shown in 2008 at the United Nations headquarters in New York and now touring German cities, including Dresden, Görlitz and Leipzig.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @10.1    5 years ago

Great post Kavika. 

I have several Albanian friends and they all love Jews and feel a great kinship with them. I think that they are overshadowed by the hate coming from the M/E

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10.1.1    5 years ago

I too have both Albania and Bosnian friends. The feeling is much the same as the Albanian friends. The Bosnians suffered their own ''Ethnic Cleansing'' in the 1990's from the Christians of Serbia. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I want to be clear about this.  I did not post this seed as a critique of ALL Muslims.  The author has spoken about the Islam in which she grew up and lived.  I am critical of radical Islamists no matter where they are in the world, and that is no different than devout Muslim reformers such as Dr. Jasser.   All the Muslims I have met and know where I am now are decent peaceful people.  However, it cannot be denied that even in North America there are Islamists who have carried out such atrocities as honour killings, FGM and terrorism, although of course the vast majority of North American Muslims are peaceful decent people.

However, Israel has to deal with the Muslims in the Middle East.