╌>

Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin Wants to ‘Burn Down’ the Republican Party

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  10 comments

Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin Wants to ‘Burn Down’ the Republican Party
We have to collectively, in essence, burn down the Republican Party, we have to level them.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Jennifer Rubin
Washington, D.C.
Opinion writer covering politics and policy, foreign and domestic - The Washington Post and Contributor to MSNBC
Education: University of California at Berkeley, BA in history; University of California at Berkeley, JD

---------------------------------------------------------

"Jennifer Rubin, a Washington Post blogger, attacked former Trump administration members during MSNBC’s AM Joy program on Sunday, saying that the Republican Party and those who support them should be figuratively “burned down” and there should be no survivors."

“These people are not fit for polite society. I think any institution, University of Virginia for example, for a bit had a relationship with Mark Short who is now back with the administration."

“I think it’s absolutely abhorrent that any institution of higher learning, any news organization, or any or entertainment organization that has a news outlet would hire these people.”

“What we should be doing is shunning these people shunning shaming these people is a statement of moral indignation.”

“It’s not only that Trump has to lose, but that all his enablers have to lose. We have to collectively, in essence, burn down the Republican Party, we have to level them. Because if there are survivors if there are people who weather this storm, they will do it again, they will take this as confirmation that hey it just pays to ride the waves look at me I made it through.”

----------------------------------------------------------

She made the controversial comments as the panel discussed former White House press secretaries Sean Spicer and Sarah Huckabee Sanders moving on from their positions at the White House.

In October of 2018, The Hill reported that three dozen conservatives sent a letter addressed to the Post’s editorial board. The letter read: “However, we ask for the sake of intellectual honesty that the Post cease to identify her as in any way ‘conservative.’” The letter goes on to assert that the Post’s labeling of Rubin as conservative is an example of why most people on the right distrust the media.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

She's a Blithering Two Faced IDIOT !

Whatever pays the bills I suppose. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

On tax cuts:
2012 Rubin : “Now the Democrats are back to their old tricks. It’s more important to tax the rich than to prevent the entire economy from going over the fiscal cliff, they say. The philosophy is based on resentment toward wealth and ignorance about how it is created.”

2017 Rubin: “There is no economic argument right now for a tax cut. However, if they wanted a tax cut, Republicans didn’t need to pass this moral and economic monstrosity. We can bleed the treasury dry to enrich the wealthy and big corporations, but when it comes to the safety net’s beneficiaries, we need to get tough!”

On energy policy:
2014 Rubin: “Senate Democrats in red states who face the voters this November must wonder, ‘What will President Obama do to us next?’ Why of course! Let’s kill the coal industry! As has been reported, the Environmental Protection Agency has continued its war on coal, issuing regulations to cut emissions 30 percent in 15 years. Already reeling from the painful effects of Obamacare, the American people are now being told they have to shoulder the burdens of the President’s latest ‘solution’ in the form of higher costs, fewer jobs, and a less reliable energy grid.”

2017 Rubin: “In the minds of Trump and his allies, coal jobs are coming back. Nope. While they accuse ‘elites’ of being out of touch, the GOP climate-change deniers and non-college-educated voters are increasingly oblivious to the world outside their ideological bubble. Rather than level with voters, their GOP representatives cater to their ignorance and mislead them about the state of science and of our economy. Even educated right-wing pundits resort to ad hominem attacks on Hollywood stars and flat-out untruths about the Paris deal.”

On overreaching government:
2013 Rubin: “There is a bigger problem at the heart of liberalism, however: It doesn’t work. That is, the welfare state it imagines is not sustainable and is incompatible with a high-growth, dynamic economy.”

2017 Rubin: “Conservative lawmakers were reminded this week that you need to spend money, maybe a lot of money, to help out the vulnerable. If they want to promote self-sufficiency, work, life-long learning and job training, mobility (physical and economic), and innovation, then they need policies to match, including legal immigration reform, new trade deals and investment in infrastructure and human capital.”

You get the drift.

The schtick is working for Rubin, who is now a regular guest on MSNBC, and she doesn’t disappoint that Trump-hating audience

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

She loves to pander to whatever audience she is preaching at. At least she tries to keep her obvious support, and desire, for the Democrats to stay in power front and center.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Another MBFC lamestream media approved never Trump so called conservative. 😝 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    5 years ago

The republican party is dead.  They just don't know it yet.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

Funny, I remember the same thing being said after Bush Jr left office. 

We only have an Establishment two party system. Neither party will ever die. We are programmed to believe there are no other choices out there. So if the Dems fall back out of favor, and they will, what other choice is there?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago
The republican party is dead. 

Who says ?

Seems every election cycle, one party or another is supposedly dead. Haven't seen it happen yet, have you ?

Now, the advocating of a "systematic Wiping out" of a political party, that's what should be DEAD, but alas, the "Left" just doesn't know it yet !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @2.3    5 years ago

Don't the idiots remember how dead the GOP was after Obama won  reelection?

So dead they wouldn't see the WH for at least a generation.

And that dead party sure managed to put someone in the WH AND control the Senate.

Bet Democrats wish right now that they were that "dead'!!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3.1    5 years ago
Don't the idiots remember how dead the GOP was after Obama won  reelection?

"Idiot" and "Remember" just don't mesh together on the "Left" ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

If they actually "Remembered", they'd be in the ICU for months ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif