╌>

Recalling a Sample of China Through My Camera's Lens

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

This is a randomly chosen collection of photos taken during my 13 years in China.  Some you may have seen, and some you may not.

1.  No, they do not have double-double grande no-fat milk mocha coffee.

2.   But maybe what you want can be found here.

3.   I like the snake.

4.   Inside a cave in Guilin, where we boarded the boat to cruise down the Li River through the Karst Mountains.

5.   My wife's nephew, about the time of our wedding.  Now he's taller than me.

6.   A street in the Pudong area of old Shanghai.

7.   China's version of Mount Rushmore - images of the 2 founders of China, located in Yellow River Park near Zhengzhou, Henan Province, known as the "cradle of Chinese civilization".

8.   Graduation Ceremony at the school in Zhengzhou where I taught when I first came to China.

9.   Located on the canals of the city of Souzhou, known as the Venice of China.  It is just north of Shanghai.

10.   Being the antithesis of Henry Ford, you can have a waste-basket in any colour you want, except for black.

11.   I forgot the name of these flowers.  I believe A.Mac once told me what it was.

12.   These were in a 1000 year old Buddhist Temple.

13.   This artwork was there as well.

14.   This was taken while travelling through the mountains of Sichuan Province, where the  terrible earthquake had happened in 2008

15.   The gate while leaving Yellow River Park (mentioned above).

16.   I don't recall now where I took the photo of this magnificent 3-dimensional artwork.  It was about 4 or 5 feet high.

17.   The riverside of downtown Chongqing, photo taken from a boat on the Jialing River, that a little further down joins with the Yangtze River.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

If you enjoyed the show, there are many more photo essays of China and other fascinating articles on the Discovery Group.  You can apply to join the Discovery group if you are not already a member.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Wonderful photo essay Buzz. You always do such a good job of capturing the feeling of China on film! 

TTGA
Professor Silent
3  TTGA    5 years ago
5.   My wife's nephew, about the time of our wedding.  Now he's taller than me.

It always seems to be that way, doesn't it.   They always grow up so very fast.

Totally great Buzz.  I always like the night shots of city sky lines.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  author  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Neither TRUMP nor an EVANGELIST took these photos. The person who did is not LGBTQ nor an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, and  has never met AOC.  There!!!  All the necessary front page key words.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5  Raven Wing    5 years ago

Beautiful photos, Buzz, and gives us an insight into some of the history and everyday life inside China. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures that help to remind us that the people of China are not that much different from us in how we enjoy the world we live in. (smile) 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  author  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Tomorrow, October 1st, is National Day, one of the most important holidays of the year, and this year it marks the 70th anniversary of the present regime.  The primary school next door is having a special day for the kids with songs and demonstrations.  I took this photo from my smaller balcony, that overlooks the school from my 15th floor apartment:

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     5 years ago

Another great photo essay.

Well done Buzz.