╌>

Fox News: John Bolton criticizes Trump's NK strategy in first speech since White House exit

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

Fox News: John Bolton criticizes Trump's NK strategy in first speech since White House exit
North Korea has not made a strategic decision to give up nuclear weapons. The decision that Kim Jong Un is operating through is that he will do whatever he can to keep a deliverable nuclear weapons capability . . .

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton gestures while speaking at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington on Monday. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

John Bolton gave his "unvarnished" thoughts on the Trump administration's North Korea strategy on Monday in his first speech since his abrupt split with the White House.

Speaking at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, Bolton suggested that North Korean leaders were happy to see the former national security advisor ousted from his position earlier this month.

North Korea “has not made a strategic decision to give up nuclear weapons,” he said,

"The strategic decision that Kim Jong Un is operating through is that he will do whatever he can to keep a deliverable nuclear weapons capability and to develop and enhance it further."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

North Korea “has not made a strategic decision to give up nuclear weapons,” he said,

"The strategic decision that Kim Jong Un is operating through is that he will do whatever he can to keep a deliverable nuclear weapons capability and to develop and enhance it further."

“He may try to get relief from international sanctions. He may make some concessions. But under current circumstances, he will never give up the nuclear weapons voluntarily.

North Korean officials expressed anger at Bolton's Libya comments, with many in North Korea arguing that nuclear weapons are essential for survival.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Talks between American and North Korean officials have stalled since   Trump and Kim walked away   from their second summit in February. Kim wanted sanctions relief in exchange for partial disarmament.

In the several months since, North Korea has run several   short-range missile tests .

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

Bet John was hoping that Trump was a Nuke'm type President. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago
Bet John was hoping that Trump was a Nuke'm type President.

And then there's Lindsay Graham . . . 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @3.1    5 years ago
And then there's Lindsay Graham . . .

Lindsay ain't so bad. He's not saying anything Trump hasn't said. Those "Words" seem to bring the "Nutz" to the table from time to time.

John "why-we-can’t-wait" Bolton wanted to go to war with EVERYONE !

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

The only country that can put pressure on NK to do anything is is China.

How is that going for us?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4    5 years ago

The only country that can put pressure on NK to do anything is is China.

Good point.

It would behoove us to have a good relationship with the Chinese for several reasons-- but the fact that they could put pressure on NK is one of them.

But unfortunately the president seems to be going out of his way to piss them off...