╌>

Gowdy in talks to join Trump's impeachment defense team

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  26 comments

Gowdy in talks to join Trump's impeachment defense team
"We are in discussion with Trey about joining our team,"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) is in talks to join President Trump's legal team as the president mounts a defense against an impeachment inquiry from House Democrats.

"We are in discussion with Trey about joining our team," Trump attorney Jay Sekulow said, adding that no final decisions have been made.

Reports first surfaced late Tuesday afternoon that Gowdy was in talks to join the president's impeachment defense team. Conflicting reports later emerged about whether he had formally agreed to take on an outside role or if discussions were ongoing.

Gowdy, a former prosecutor who retired from Congress after his term ended in January, would bring an extensive knowledge of both the legal system and the inner workings of House proceedings.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

John Durham and possibly now Trey Gowdy from the Private Sector ...… Democrats in Congress are Fucked now. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Democrats better Stop their "Formal jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg Enquiry" jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif now, and " go straight to " a try at a "Real" Impeachment.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Durham, possibly Gowdy, Giuliani and the rest of the deflection mob rushing to the defense of the oath breaker Trump.  Putin wins again.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago

The three of them are now like the Three Stooges but without the charm.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    5 years ago
The three of them are now like the Three Stooges but without the charm.

"Charm" ?

Kinda like "Feelings" ?

Both don't get the real job done.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.1    5 years ago

It is going to be like a 3 ringed circus with those them joining forces, but then again, elect a clown and you get a circus.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.2    5 years ago
It is going to be like a 3 ringed circus with those them joining forces

I'll take the 3, over the 235 (D) Clowns already in the House of Representatives !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago
Durham, possibly Gowdy, Giuliani and the rest of the deflection mob

Now that's funny.

Should we peruse "Adam Schiffs" lying Clown show of a "Reading" from an actual transcript again ?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @2.2    5 years ago

Perfect.... Trey, "2 years and 800 page no conclusion Benghazi" Gowdy now on the job.

How about we have him study something worthwhile at the same time...... The decision to sacrifice the Kurdish fighters to protect Trump's Hotel in Turkey..... 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.1    5 years ago
The decision to sacrifice the Kurdish fighters to protect Trump's Hotel in Turkey..... 

We're talking about the Fake Impeachment thingy right now. Stick to the other Article about the Kurds....won't you ?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.2    5 years ago

Talk about the fake impeachment thingy all you want.

The rest of us are looking at possibly sending the POS in the WH to the unemployment line through constitutional means.  If you would put country over party for a change, you might see fit to join us in the effort.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.4  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.3    5 years ago
constitutional means

And those actual "Constitutional" Issues the "Left" is "Constitutionally going for"…… ARE ?

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy …..AGAIN SAID...…"there was “no blackmail” in the phone call with U.S. President Donald Trump"

“There was no blackmail.” Zelenskiy said.

Ignore what Zelenskiy says though. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif It doesn't fit the "Schifty Lefts" made up narrative !

Schifty Schiff's "essence" can be purchased at "Bed-bath And Beyond"......CHEAP !  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.4    5 years ago

If you haven't already, I suggest you go join QAnon. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.6  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.5    5 years ago
If you haven't already, I suggest you go join QAnon. 

Another Great one....maybe even surpassing your "YOU GO OVER THERE AND FIGHT" comment . jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago

He's a good choice if they can get him. He cuts to the heart of the matter and doesn't generally have a reputation for supporting nonsense or making wild claims. He is well equipped to persuade the people he needs to persuade.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

doesn't generally have a reputation for supporting nonsense or making wild claims

Then why would he be on board with Trump?  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    5 years ago
Then why would he be on board with Trump?

Why indeed. Maybe you should consider that.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2  livefreeordie  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

Gowdy is perfect to rebut the nonsense of the Democrats

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2    5 years ago

He is nothing but a partisan hack that gets his hair styled at Dairy Queen.

I am sure Gowdy will be handing over all the requested documents from the WH, especially after this video..

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Kavika   replied to  MrFrost @3.2.1    5 years ago
He is nothing but a partisan hack that gets his hair styled at Dairy Queen.

LMAOjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    5 years ago
“We either have compliance, we have partial compliance or we have noncompliance. And [Speaker] Paul [Ryan (R-Wis.)] made it very clear; there's going to be action on the floor of the House this week if the FBI and DOJ do not comply with our subpoena request,” Gowdy told “Fox News Sunday.”

“So [Deputy Attorney General] Rod Rosenstein , [FBI Director] Chris Wray, you were in the meeting, you understood him just as clearly as I did. We're going to get compliance or the House of Representatives is going to use its full arsenal of constitutional weapons to gain compliance,” Gowdy added.

In March, the House Judiciary Committee subpoenaed the FBI and DOJ for documents related to the FBI's handling of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 's use of a private email server, potential surveillance abuse and the firing of former FBI Deputy Director  Andrew McCabe .

So according to Gowdy, how dare people not comply with subpoenas. They will be forced to.

Now he is going to join a team that is doing exactly that.

Any credibility he had is gone.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Ender @4    5 years ago

Welcome to the real world of politics, especially in Washington.  This has been the status quo for over a 100 years

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago

So don't vote for Obama. Happy now? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

Think of it this way....at least trump is polling over 50% for once.. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif